Prettiest Friend of Mine (Onew's Point of View)

Confessions of the Idols

Chapter 5: Prettiest Friend of mine (Onew’s Point of View) [Prettiest Friend – Jason Mraz]

 

The big guy from our company is celebrating his birthday and we are invited. He threw himself a lavish formal party that (frankly) I’m not comfortable with. In the first place, I never liked wearing formal clothes. I’m more into T-shirt-and-pants style. But since his our boss, and I owe him my life in fulfilling my dream, I have no choice but to attend it.

 

The theme of the party was Black and white. Most of the male attendees wore black tuxedo. However; for some reason, our stylists had us wear white formal clothing. Who am I to complain?

 

nightstar12728915823415

 

Guests started pouring as the evening got deeper. VIP people from the entertainment industry almost filled the venue. It made me wonder how many did Lee Soo Man invited for his birthday. A hundred? No. Maybe way more than that.

 

Like I said earlier, I’m not a fan of formal parties. I find it boring. So I keep my boredom away by roaming around with my dongsaeng, talking to other guest, have a few drinks with them and worst kid around. (I’m such a kid at heart.)

 

But if you ask me
The feeling that I'm feeling is overwhelming
And, it goes to show
I have so much to know

 

“Hyung, is that Jinhee-Noona?” Our Taeminnie called my attention.

 

My jaw almost dropped to the floor seeing her wearing that y dress. I thought she’s very pretty. My heart beats faster as she slowly close the distance between us. My nerves started to panic every step she takes. What to do?

 

1

 

“Annyeong” she greeted everyone with a smile. (By this time I melted.)

“Jeni.. You’re so Pretty.” I publically announced it. Screw my brain for instructing me to blurt that out. Now, everyone around us was starting to tease us (again). And yes, I started to sweat and blush at the same time.

 

I feel sorry. Not towards my clumsy actions but I feel sorry for Jeni. She gets to be teased to a clumsy guy like me. She must feel ashamed about it.

 

“Look hyung. You complement each other. She’s wearing a black dress and you’re wearing a white attire.” Minho side commented.

 

And that’s when it hit me. Now, understand why our stylists forced us to wear white. Jeni and her unnies are wearing black dress; their pairing us with one another. Why didn’t I realize that earlier?

 

“I agree! You two are like a monochromatic couple.” Key butted in. (An expected comment from a fashionista-slash-diva).

 

I wrote this for my prettiest friend
Who while trying not to prove that I care
Trying not to make all my moves in one motion and scare her away

 

I like her to ignore everyone. I want her to talk and look at only ME. But, ever since Key mentioned the “monochromatic couple” comment, many of our hyung started to act strange. From dancing to the dance floor, they became bees going around their Queen Bee (Jeni is the Queen bee) complementing how cute and y she is.

 

Yes! I’m very jealous. I have to do something or else they might devour her. So my game plan was pretty simple… GET HER OUT OF THERE and FAST!

 

I dive in and push my way to get to her. The party music in background gave a pump in blood to go further and faster. I need to reach her.

 

After making my way through, I held her hand and pulled her hand away from the crowd of our hyungs. We walked towards to the dance floor and talk to myself “dancing would be a good excuse.”

 

I didn’t get to see her reaction until we were facing one another on the dance floor. I could see she was happy. Her smile said it all. And then something change. It was the background music. From party music, to Eric Bennet’s “The Last Time”. What a transition of song.

 

“Shall I have this dance?” I asked her bowing like a prince.

“Oh sure, Onew-oppa” She replied with a nod.

 

Her arms were wrapped around my neck and my hands (that were trembling) were around her slim waist. We were looking at each with a smile on our face. And we started dancing.

 

“Thank you from rescuing me earlier. I really appreciate it.” She suddenly spoke out.

“I have to do something. Am I a good oppa or what?” I responded and she laughed. (Well we both did).

 

Well she can't see she's making me crazy now
I don't believe she knows she's amazing how
She has me holding my breathe
So I'd never guess that I'm a none such unsuitable, suited for her

 

I wish this wouldn’t end. Being near her makes me at ease. Maybe she’s really the one for me. My first love. Should I now tell her how much I love her?

 

“Remember, what I told you earlier?” I asked her.

“Is that the one you told me over the phone about your Kimchi jikae being too spicy?” She questioned.

“No. Not that one. That was burning my tongue to the nth level. But that’s a different one. Do you remember what I told you earlier here?” I responded with a smile

“Oh~ The one you said I’m pretty.” She started blushing.

 

I’m started to become breathless and replied “Yeah. That one…” Now, my heart started to pumped more blood to my veins once more. I’m getting nervous.

 

I stopped dancing and told her “I mean it. You’re so pretty. And I think you should know that.”

 

I thought she might think I’m flirting or what. I was thinking she was going to punch me or worst kick my little Jinki. But her replied was different from what I expect. She hugged me tight and lean her head on my chest and whispered “Thank you oppa. Thank you.”

 

All I could do was hugged her back, continued dancing and I’m not planning to let her go any moment now.

 

But if you ask me
The feeling that I'm feeling is complimentary
And it goes to show
The moral of the story is boy loves girl
And so on the way that it unfolds is yet to be told

 

We stopped dancing and looked at the crowd of people around us. The music stopped and we heard people clapping their hands. I was lost for words. I don’t know what’s going nor did Jeni.

 

Out of nowhere, someone declared “I award you two as the King and Queen of the night.” To our surprise, it was Lee Soo Man. We were shocked but we managed to laugh it off. But why us?

 

The King and Queen of the night was actually a surprise award to a couple that night. It’s funny yet shocking to have that award considering the fact that me and Jeni are not a couple at all.

 

But who cares. I guess this is a sign from above that we can be future lovers. All we need is the right timing to do so.

 

And so our story would continue.

 

And if you ask me
The feeling that I'm feeling is overjoyed
And it's golden, it goes to show then
The ending of this song should be left alone
And so on 'cause the way it unfolds is yet to be told


Author's Note: Yay!! I posted 2 pictures for this chapter. Just for everybodies information, I'm using these pictures for you to visualized what they look like that time. Oh and the girl in the dress is not me.. (It's obvious right?? XD)

Any comment on this chapter? :D