I chose Her (Onew's Point of View)

Confessions of the Idols

 

 

Chapter 15: I Chose Her (Onew's Point of View)

 

“Don’t forget your schedules for the next few days, alright kids?” Manager Choi reminded us

 

He just finished briefing us about our schedules these coming week. This is all I can say about our upcoming schedule: Suffocating! But who are we to complain. I mean, we love our job.

 

We all nodded as an affirmation that we (indeed) understood what he had just said.

 

“I’ll pin a copy of your schedules on the door of the fridge”

“Yes hyung!” We replied in chorus.

“Now, go enjoy the rest of the night.”

 

And that was our cue to disperse. Minho and Taemin continued playing soccer on PS3. Jonghyun sat on the chair massager. Key? Well he went out. We don’t know where. Probably to meet up with Nicole-sshi – I mean 91-liner Hahaha!

 

How about me you ask? Well, I grabbed my keys ready to meet up with 1Changsun-hyung when manager-hyung called my attention.

 

“Jinki-yah. I need to talk to you alone in your room now.”

 

Everyone in the dorm stopped what they were doing and focus their attention to me. Manager Choi would never call me by my real name unless I’m in trouble or he is going to tell me something serious.

 

Dude, you’re in trouble. Sir CJ said.

 

I followed him to my room and shut the door. I looked at him and he glared back at me.

 

I am in trouble.

 

“What’s wro--" before I could finish he cut me off.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He burst out.

“What’s wrong hyung?” I asked innocently.

“Oh don’t act innocent with me, young man. It only works on Taemin.”

 

I gulped. ! He is pissed off.

 

“Sorry hyung, I don’t really get it.”

 

He ruffled his hair and breathes furiously.

 

“You and Jinhee.”

 

My eyes widen and my heart skipped a bit hearing him say our names.

 

“Since when? You and Jinhee?”

“Officially ‘in a relationship’?”

“Yes!”

“About half a year.”

“GOD JINKI! WHEN WERE YOU PLANNING TO TELL ME?” He furiously said.

 

He paced back and forth aggravated and mad as hell. I stood there, staring at the wooden floor.

 

“Sorry hyung. I thought you already know.” I apologized.

“Do you know where I heard you two are together?”

 

I look at him and shook my head.

 

“From 2Kim Junghoon for God sakes.”

 

He sat on the edge of my bed and covered his face with his hands trying to control his anger.

 

“What will you do?” He asked out after letting out a loud sigh.

“About what?” I asked sitting beside him.

“If the boss find out.” He clarified.

 

Oh yeah the boss! I forgot about him. Things are starting to get complicated.

 

“I don’t know hyung. I just don’t know.”

 

He looked at me with a worried expression the same expression he shows me whenever I get hurt.

 

“Just be careful, ok?” He patted my shoulder.

 

He stood up and went to the door.

 

“We’ll keep it a secret from the boss. Just be careful ok?”

“Yes hyung” I replied reassuring his words.

 

Before turning the knob, he let out another sigh and murmur “I don’t want you to do the same mistake that Jonghyun did.”

 

Those words echoed in my head.

 

“I don’t want you to do the same mistake that Jonghyun did.”

 

I laid down my bed spreading arms wide. I never expected this would happen. Is it really hard and complicated to love someone?

 

--

 

Oppa~ Mianhe… I can’t come to our date this afternoon -_-

 

Jeni sent me this message.

 

I was on my way to the company to double check our group’s schedule for the week and the following week when I read the message.

 

3Wae? Is something wrong? -_-

 

I replied to her.

 

4Aniyo… we just have an immediate schedule to attend to…

5Arasso… I’ll miss you then… -_-

I miss you right now…

 

Isn’t she the cutest? This is why I love her so much she’s so cute and so sweet.

 

I’ll call you once I’m free… I’m driving. I love you! ^^

 

I replied before parking my car near the company office.

 

I’ll wait for your call… I love you too! ^ 3 ^

 

I smiled at her reply and proceed to park my car.

 

--

 

“Oh hyung!”

 

Someone called my attention as I entered the door. It was Jonghyun.

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“Checking our schedule for this week. You?” I simply replied.

“I just picked up 6Joon Myeon-sshi. We are going shopping.” He replied pointing at the guy beside him.

“Annyong Hyung!” Joon Myeon-sshi bowed down and I bowed down in reply.

“I heard you’ll debut in a few months.” I commented.

“Yeah hyung! I’m actually excited.” He happily said.

“You’ll do great! I know you will.” He reassure him.

 

He thanked and flashed me a warm smile as I pat his shoulder.

 

“So hyung, want to join us?” Jjong invited me.

“I’ll pass this time.” I plainly said.

“Ok then. We’ll get going. Bye hyung!” He said his farewell.  Same goes to Joon Myeon-sshi.

 

I waved goodbye to my two dongsaengs and continue walking in the corridor.

 

How time flies. Not so long ago, we were just like Joon Myeon-sshi. We were just trainees dreaming to be idols and now we are one.

 

Life is really unexpected.

 

“Omo! Oppa, what brings you here?” 7Ah Ri-sshi asked.

“Just checking our schedule. Why are you here? I thought you guys have a schedule?” I managed to say.

“Schedule? The only schedule we have is band practice.” She replied.

“But Jeni told me you guys have a schedule” I informed her pouting.

“Aish! That girl!” She murmured.

“Where is Jeni?” I immediately asked her.

“Not here. Wait--She didn’t tell you?” She asked me this confusing question.

“Tell me what?” I fished out

“She is sick. She has a flu.” She informed me.

 

So that’s why she bailed out our date. Why didn’t she tell she was sick? Really?

 

I should visit her.

 

I thanked Ah Ri-sshi for telling me about Jeni’s condition and immediately left. I hopped on my car and drove as fast yet safe to Jeni’s dorm. As I was a few blocks away from their place, I remembered something that made me mentally facepalmed myself.

 

I forgot to check our schedules.

 

--

 

I knocked at the door twice already and still no answer. I hope nothing bad happened to her. Maybe she went out. I shook my head at that thought. She wouldn’t do that. She is a good girl. She would listen to her manager. But then again…

 

“She woke up with a massive headache, awful cough and cold, and high fever. She actually insisted and eventually begged to join the band practice today but manager-oppa scolded her and asked her to stay in bed and rest for the whole day.” Ah ri-sshi informed me.

 

I shook my head once more hearing those words of Ah ri-sshi played in my mind. I hope she listened to her manager.

 

As I was about to knock for the third time, the door opened slowly and revealed my sick toki.

 

“Oppa… What are you doing here?” She lifelessly asked.

“I’m here to take care of you.” I immediately replied coming in removing my shoes.

 

She closed the door and dragged herself in the dorm. It was so painful for me to see her like this.

 

Without hesitation, I carried her bridal style and brought her to her room.  She tried protesting but she was too weak to do anything. I laid her on her bed and tucked her in.

 

“Oppa… you shouldn’t have done that.” She apologetically said.

“I want to.” I told her brushing some hair strands from her face.

 

She flashed me a weak smile and mouthed ‘thank you’.

 

“No problem! You’re my jagiya. Now stay here and take some rest as I make you food, ok?”

 

She looked at me still smiling and nodded her head.

 

“Good! Now I’m off to the kitchen.” I patted her head and left the room.

 

--

 

“Say ‘ah’.” I instructed her as I feed her some food.

 

She opened as I feed her a spoon full of food. She closed and chew slowly.

 

I smiled at her and complimented “Good Girl”

“You know I can eat by myself.” She informed me.

“I know but I want to feed you. Now say ‘ah’ again.”

 

I continued to feed her until everything I cooked for her was finish. I left the room and wash the dishes. I occasionally hear her cough from the kitchen. Ah ri-sshi was right. It was so bad. I hurriedly finished the chore I was doing and ran back to her room.

 

I sat beside her bed as I check her temperature with my hand. ! She’s flaming hot (not in a y way) and she is shivering.

 

“I should go get some water and towel. Wait here.”

 

I told her but as soon as I stood up, she grabbed my wrist stopping me.

 

“Oppa… just stay here.” She softly said.

“But I ha--" And there she goes cutting my words.

“I don’t want you to leave. Please stay.”

 

I let out a sigh and sat by her side. She looked at me at her vulnerable state and gave me the best smile she could ever pull. I kissed her hair and pat it lightly.

 

“Ok Jagiya! I’ll stay here until you tell me to go.” I reassured her.

 

For some unknown reason, my brain started playing some movie scenes where the guy would lay beside her sick girl and have her in his arms until she feels better. I shook my at that thought.

 

 I must be going crazy. I told myself.

 

My subconscious is doing summersaults teasing me. That is what you call a ert thought.

 

No it’s called ‘entertaining-the-thoughts-of-your-subconscious’” I mentally scolded Sir CJ.

 

I looked at her hugging herself and shivering in her blanket. Maybe I should try that movie for once. It might actually work.

 

I slid myself by her side. I laid on my back pulling her towards me. She slowly placed her head on my chest and wrap her arms around my waist (still) shivering. I wrap my right arm around her as my other hand brushed her hair humming a lullaby to comfort even just a little.

 

So this is what it feels like to be in the arms of your love. I never want to go. If I could remain here forever, I would.

 

I wanted her, I needed her, I love her and I chose her. I couldn’t be happier. This is life.

 

Her shivering lessened as I continued to hum a lullaby. Her angelic face shone as she sleeps safe and soundly in my arms. And not long after I fell into a deep sleep with her.


1Chansun-hyung - Real name of MBLAQ's Lee Joon (Lee Changsun)

2Kim Junghoon - One of Super Junior's Managers; also known as 'Prince Manager' for his looks and physique (person on the right)

.

3Wae - Korean for 'why?'

4Aniyo - Korean for 'No'

5Arasso - Korean for 'I know' or 'I understand'

6Joon Myeon-sshi - Real Name of EXO-K's Leader Suho (Kim Joon Myeon)

7Ah ri-sshi - So Ahri is Leader Unnie of Jen/Jeni/Jinhee (Check Author's Note for more info.)


Author's Note: I'm back with an update. Anyone misses me? Hahaha! Made a footnote for everyone for easy reference. Oh and I hope you guys don't mind. I named Jen/Jeni/Jinhee's leader unnie. I find it rather odd if I always put 'Jeni's Leader unnie' in the story all the time. Hahaha!

So how you think the story is going? Any ideas you want me to put up on the next few chapters (especially of your POV)? Oh did you see the clue of the 'unknown' POV of the Chapter 14's Side Story?? Hahaha! 

Comment everything you want to say to me! <3 See you on the next chapter, you! :D