My oh My (Your Point of View)

Confessions of the Idols

 

Chapter 12: My oh My (Your Point of View)

 

 

 

 

 

 “Once again, manager-oppa, Can you please tell me am I going with you instead of mama-unnie?” I asked our manager again just to make things straight

 

For a reason or two, manager-oppa dragged me in guesting in a show that Onew-oppa is one of the MCs. He arrived at our dorm an hour before we leave telling me to dress up and be ready to accompany our leader in a guesting.

 

In case some of you don’t know, mama-unnie is the nickname I gave to our band’s drummer. She acted like a mother not only to me but to everyone too.

 

“Your mama-unnie couldn’t come so we chose you as a replacement for her part.” Our manager explained once more.

“So I’m just a replacement now” I pouted.

“Your other unnies couldn’t come ‘cause they have a schedule to appear in Star King.” Manager-oppa pointed out.

“Baby girl, you’re the only one who’s free tonight.” Our leader backed him up.

“Oh yeah! I forgot my other unnies” I mentally facepalmed myself.

 

The words I couldn’t say to you

My heart is shaking when I stood in front of you

It was because I really like you

 

Again, all day long I thought of you

And this isn’t the first time

You wouldn’t know for real

 

Their reasons seem legit but still, they should have informed me long enough for me to go to the salon had my hair and make-up done. I look like a total wreck wearing blue sleeveless top covered by a red-white-black checkered (ed) polo shirt, short denim shorts and blue (3-inches) chucks high heels. Oh and don’t forget the geeky glasses. How am I going to face Onew-oppa looking like this?

 

“If you’re worried about what you look, don’t worry about it. You look cute. Onew-sshi would find it really cute and attractive.” Our leader whispered to me.

“UNNIE! Not funny. I look horrible.” I whined.

“Neh, manager-oppa. Isn’t she cute wearing these clothes? It suits her right?” She asked.

“If you don’t look good wearing that, I’ll be the first one to tell you to change your clothes.” He said flashing me a warm smile.

 

I guess I have to trust their words. There’s no point arguing with the oldies. Hahaha!

 

--

 

Right now I’m shaking so much I can’t talk

This feeling right now!

This tremble, what should I do?

 

The interview started and I haven’t uttered a word or two. I sat there nodding my head to whatever they say. Honestly speaking, I didn’t pay much attention. I was busy thinking on how would act in front of Onew-oppa. He was sitting beside me. GOD! This is so awkward.

 

“So what do you think, Jen?” Shin DongYeop-sunbaenim asked me.

“huh? Think about what?” I naively asked.

 

Everyone in the van started to laugh hard. How can I space out at a time like this?

 

“We are talking about your oppas, Jen” Director MC told me.

“Are you there?” Gil-oppa asked knocking on my head lightly and laughter once again filled the van.

 

I found myself laughing at my peculiar state earlier. Who would do such weird thing; Spacing out during an interview? How can I be so careless? Please save me from this embarrassment.

 

“Are you back to earth now?” Leader-unnie asked me wiping her tears of laughter.

“Yup… I think so.” I replied nodding my head as I whispered the last 3 words.

“Ok ok. We were asking earlier, how is SHINee as oppas?” Shin Dong Yeop-sunbaenim reiterates the question I failed to hear.

“They’re really great. They’re nice and they take care of us very well. I’m really fortunate to have oppas like them” I replied.

“You really like them a lot, do you?” Shin Dong Yeop-sunbaenim asked me.

“Yes, I do” I replied nodding my head.

“I see” that’s all he could reply.

 

Why is it I have a bad feeling about this?

 

“I’m just curious. Since you like your SHINee-oppas a lot, who do you like the most among the 5 of them?” Yoon Jong Shin-sunbaenim asked.

 

I guess my gut feel was right.

 

“We all know the answer to that one” Shin Dong Yeop whined as he pertained to the ‘accidental confession’ incident I did before.

“I know but I want to hear it straight from her. She was tricked by Jonghyun-sshi during that time.” Yoon Jong Shin-sunbaenim explained.

 

“Why am I being hot seat?” I mental asked myself. I looked at my unnie using my eyes to tell her to help me on this one. I guess she knew I would be doing that.

 

“Come, Baby girl. We want to know your answer” She betrayed me flashing me a big smirk.

 

I’m getting out of my element. I was blushing immensely as I thought to myself: what will I answer?

 

“Come on. We’re waiting for you” Gil-oppa provoked me to answer.

 

I started to open my mouth. I let out gibberish words a first that I, myself don’t actually understand. Everyone was puzzled so am I. I mentally facepalmed myself for acting weirdly.

 

“It’s now or never” I told myself. I let out a sigh and answered with all honesty

 

“Onew-oppa” I answered gesturing my hands to the side where he is.

 

I couldn’t afford to look at him. I am so embarrass. I can’t believe I just officially confirmed on national television that I indeed like Onew-oppa. This is going to make headlines tomorrow, for sure.

 

I could feel them twitterpated from what had happened.

 

“Oh My God! The two of them are blushing” Leader-unnie pointed out.

“I never saw Onew-sshi blushed before” Yoon Jong Shin-sunbaenim side commented.

“So it’s confirmed! Jen likes Onew-sshi” Gil-oppa commented.

 

This is where the teasing throughout the show started.

 

“So you like him?” Shin Dong Yeop-sunbaenim asked once more.

 

I nodded like a good girl.

 

“So if he ask you out or eventually ask you to be his girlfriend, would you say yes?” Gil-oppa asked.

 

I patted my flustered cheeks from embarrassment. I can’t believe this is happening. Oh Gil-oppa! What did I do to you to ask me a question like this?

 

I could see their eyes focus on me, as well as Onew-oppa’s. I could sense they are eager to know my answer. They were silent as they fish out for the answer.

 

“Yes” I replied softly and sincerely.

 

And with that reply, everyone in the van started to act like crazy people. After they heard my answer, my unnie stood up and squeal like a fangirl seeing her bias, the rest of the oldies (I know this is mean but they deserve to be called by this verb and name for putting me in the center of attention and humiliation. Ah! Revenge is sweet. Hahaha!) started to hug one another and laugh hysterically. (I guess they were just excited.)

 

“Was that your answer to my question before?” Onew-oppa suddenly whispered to me as the others were busy overacting.

“Yes, oppa” I replied flashing him a bright smile.

 

Whenever I’m happy or sad

I want to call you

You’re always inside my heart

 

Don’t change and stay there

You just have to stay there

I love you like this

 

I could see him excited and happy at the same time. I know he wanted to jump around and celebrate but he had to hide first. He -- We wouldn’t want to create a scene moreover; a scandal that would jeopardize our careers. He just flashed me a big smile and mouthed the words “Thank you” and “I love you” to me.

 

This is what he was waiting for.


 

Author’s Note:

Finally, you said 'Yes' LOL! After 11 long chapters, you finally answered him! Yay you! *gets kicked* ROFL

I apologize for not posting this immediately. Blame this:

Why does his smile kills me everytime? ( ~ ^ o ^ ) ~

Hope to hear from you. Comment is pure <3!