The Welcome Tradition in the SM Family (Your Point of View)

Confessions of the Idols

 

Author's Note: Please do read this note part this is extremely important (I think). If the font is on this color, then they are conversing in ENGLISH. If the text is like this, don't be alarmed. It's just a text message. If this is the color, the normal (supposedly) korean-way-of-speaking. Hahaha! Go on!


Chapter 14: The Welcome Tradition in the SM Family (Your Point of View)

“Let’s take five” the instructor told us.

 

I let out a celebratory sigh as I head to one corner of the rehearsal room to rest for a while. This practice is so tiring.

 

As I was about to sit down, when the instructor called my attention and said “Oh no. Not you sweetie. You have a lot to practice.”

 

“Do I have too? Really?” I questioned him pouting.

“Your aegyo won’t change my mind.” He laughingly said.

 

I dragged my feet to the center of the room standing a few inches away from the mirror. I pant heavily as I began to wonder why in God’s name did I ended up dancing the hardest part of this whole special performance?

 

Yes! They said that we will have a special performance in Music Bank us dancing – I repeat D-A-N-C-I-N-G. First of all, we are a band not like those girl groups that sing and dance. We play instruments and sing not dance. And second, we don’t DANCE.

 

I know we were trained to do variety of talents but dancing is second to my ‘if-this-is-a-subject-I-would-have-a-failing-mark’ list (first is interviews of course). I never really liked dancing but my unnies insisted that I dance perfectly so I got the hardest part.

 

“Move your hips left and right in a slow swaying motion.” He instructed as he demonstrated it.

 

Good thing I can follow easily.

 

“Very good! Now when we play the music you do that in a fast yet y motion, ok?”

 

I nodded like a little girl. I want this over right now. I need water but most especially I need rest. These heels are killing me. No more 5 inches heels please?

 

“Ok play the music.” I heard him commanded as I positioned myself with a bad- yet y pose.

 

Then ‘Danza Kurudo’ played in the background and I started dancing. I sway my hips just how he had instructed, did the hand gestures right, move my feet precisely as my instructor matches it. I’m sweating big time. I’m trying not to let exhaustion display on my face. I had to perfect this if I want to rest.

 

After the last beat, we made our last pose and maintained it for a few more seconds before I collapse and lay on the floor catching my breathe.

 

“Now that’s what a call y. Good job Jen!” He praised me.

“Yeah Yeah Yeah! Whatever.” I breathlessly replied waving him off.

 

Next time we have a special stage performance, I’ll hide. No more dancing for me – no sir!

 

“Now it’s your turn to take five” He informed me.

“Thank you for your pity, sunbaenim” I jokingly replied.

 

He chuckled as I literally crawled to one corner and rest.

 

Heels, I’m so taking you off right now!

 

--

 

I wish I was there to see you dance ^^

 

Onew-oppa replied to my message after telling him that the instructor complimented me.

 

Oppa if you were here, you would laugh at me *pout*

 

I smiled at my reply and click ‘send’. Minutes after he replied.

 

Aww my jagiya is acting cute lately ^^

 

Me? Acting cute? You’ve got to be kidding me.

 

Am I? ke ke ke

Yes you are. But don’t worry you’re already cute ^^

Oppa~ you’re making me blush…

I know and I would love to see that. I miss you! ^^

 

How can he be so sweet?

 

I miss you more! ^ 3 ^

 

I replied sweetly.

 

I miss you most! ^^

 

He replied minutes after. Oppa is so sweet.

 

Ok too much sweetness I know. That’s just how we roll. You call that sweet? Wait till you see our messages for the past months. You will be shock.

 

“Hey! What’s up girl? What are you doing there?” I heard someone said in English.

 

I look up and saw Amber standing in front of me. She was in her usual tomboy get up. I sometimes think that she is lesbian but I always ended up brushing off that idea.

 

“Resting… Those heels are killing me.” I replied as I pointed out the deadly heels that were inches away from me.

 

I swear those heels. That is the reason why I only wear heels up to 3 inches. More than that, my feet would kill me.

 

“That’s the reason why I love sneakers.” She pointed out as she sat beside me.

 

You might wonder why I speak informally to Amber. Well she is like a sister to me. We can relate to each other. Parents and family in the US, trying to please them (especially our dads) with our career here in the far away land called ‘South Korea’.

 

Yes! My dad was totally against me being an artist in fact he was about to disown me when my grandpa talked him out of it. Well almost. He made a deal with me – it’s either I study as I work as an artist or not be an artist at all. Guess what I chose?

 

Anyway, my dad has started to soften a bit especially after he saw me won an award. He started talking to me (again after a year of trying). But I still have a long way to go.

 

“How did you ended up here?” I asked her out of curiosity.

“We were supposed to practice at this hour but it was rescheduled after you guys are done practicing.” She explained.

“I see… why are you so early then?” I nodded my head.

“I was informed late. I was already here when I received the message.” She explained once more.

“Oh! You should change your phone then.” I jokingly replied.

“Maybe I should.” We chuckled.

 

We continued our conversation until someone barged into the door and started screaming.

 

“You know you can’t do that! They are a couple already!”

 

It was Krystal having an argument with Luna. They were throwing nasty words at each other as Victoria and Sulli tried to calm them down. My unnies stopped their practice and stare at the two young ladies in front of us argue about something.

 

“They’re dating! They’re not married yet!” Luna shouts back at Krystal as Victoria get a hold of her.

“But still you shouldn’t flirt with Onew-oppa. That’s out of the line Luna!” Krystal blurted out.

 

Suddenly, the room became quiet as all eyes turned to my direction. Wait – WHAT!?? Luna flirted with Onew-oppa? Tears started to fall from my eyes. This can’t be happening.

 

“Now look what you have done.” Luna blamed after she saw me crying.

“What I had done? If you didn’t flirt with Onew-oppa, this wouldn’t happen.” I heard Krystal answered back.

 

They continue to argue as I sat there staring at them blankly. What the hell is happening here? Why is this happening?

 

Amber stood up as she helped the other control the situation but it didn’t stop there. Krystal and Luna started to get into cat fight slapping and pulling each other’s hair. This is so not happening. This should stop.

 

I stood up and started to help them broke off from their grasp on each other.

 

“Please Krystal and Luna. Stop this already. Please.” I pleaded in between snobs.

“You forgive this flirt for seducing Onew-oppa?” Krystal asked madly.

“Yes now please stop this. I don’t like you guys fighting. Please.” I pleaded once more but it didn’t work.

“You’re Pathetic!” Krystal told me.

 

For more than five minutes they continue to torment each other throwing nasty comments and words. I cried harder not because Luna flirted with oppa but the fact that our ‘La mia Familia’ is falling apart because of that flirting thing.

 

“Please stop. Please.” I broke down.

 

I kneeled on the floor covering my face with my hands crying madly.

 

“Please just stop. Please. For family sake.” I said in between sobs.

 

They didn’t listen. They continued with what they were doing. Please someone stop this mayhem.

 

“Hey what’s happening here?” I heard a familiar voice asked.

 

Everyone stopped and slowly quiet down. I removed my hands and look towards the door and saw Onew-oppa and the rest of SHINee standing there in shock.

 

“Oppa~” I ran crying to him.

 

He welcomed me with a big hug. He caresses my back and tried whispering soothing words to calm me.

 

“Well? Anyone want to explain?” Jonghyun tried asking again.

“Oppa… It’s Luna’s fault. I caught her flirting wi--" Krystal tried to explain but Luna butted in.

“So what if I did?” Luna defend herself.

“That’s immoral do you know that?” Krystal pointed out.

 

After that, they started to argue again. This is too much already. I want them to stop already.

 

“Please oppa. Tell them to stop already. Please.” I told him in between snobs.

“If that would stop you from crying, I will.” He replied kissing my forehead afterwards.

 

He hugged me once more brushing my hair, calming me.

 

“Stop this already, please.” Oppa pleaded.

 

I looked at the direction of the messy crowd. I could see everyone including the rest of SHINee frozen in their tracks as they too attempt to control the situation.

 

“Better?” He asked me with a smile.

 

I nodded like a little kid.

 

Out of nowhere, Amber started laughing out loud.

 

“We got you girl!” She exclaimed pointing at me.

 

Wait – WHAT?

 

“Congratulations!” F(x) and SHINee cheerfully screamed.

 

Me and my unnies were dumbfounded. What did they say?

 

“You guys are now officially part of the Family!” Victoria told us.

“What do you mean?” Leader unnie asked.

“It’s a tradition.” Jonghyun wrapped his arms on unnie’s shoulders.

“When there are newbies, it’s a tradition in our SM Family to prank them.” Krystal added.

“Think of it as an equivalent of initiation in a sorority or fraternity.” Minho said.

“Minus the hazing that is.” Amber tried to laugh it off.

 

Everyone had started to grasp the idea. They started to loosen up, laugh with one another.

 

“So you know this?” I ask oppa as we sat at one corner.

“Yup.” He nodded.

“You’re mean for making me cry.” I told him pouting.

“I didn’t know that this would make you cry.” He defended himself.

 

He let out a loud chuckle and in the end, it made me chuckle as well. He sure knows how to make me laugh.

 

As we tone down our laughter, I remember what Krystal said earlier.

 

“But still you shouldn’t flirt with Onew-oppa. That’s out of the line Luna!”

“You forgive this flirt for seducing Onew-oppa?”

 

Was it true? Did Luna really flirt with oppa?

 

“Jagiya, what’s wrong?” Onew-oppa asked me softly.

“Nothing. I was just thinking if Luna i--" before I could continue, Luna cuts me off and explained

“No no no. I did not and will not flirt with Onew-oppa. He’s like a big brother to me.”

“And she’s like my little sister, ok?” Onew added as he smiled.

“ok.” I simply replied peeking at him a kiss on the lips.

“I’m really sorry for what I said. It was just for prank. Hope you’re not mad.” She apologized holding my hands.

“Don’t worry. I forgive you and besides I get to see your acting skills. You were so good!” I humorously replied and we chuckled loudly.

 

The instructor butted in. “But you guys will still have to dance. Now that wasn’t part of the prank and that wasn’t a joke.” 

“Way to go, ruining the mood just like that.” One of my unnies commented.

 

Everyone laughed hard and enjoying the company of one other.

 

But once again, I drifted to back what Krystal said earlier. What if it was true? What if Luna was really flirting with oppa? What would I do?

 


--Side Story--

I accidentally passed by the practice room and saw F(x), SHINee and the new group. I wondered what was the celebration was about. I peeked through the door and I immediately draw my attention to the far right side corner of the room. I saw Onew-hyung hugging Jinhee tightly and giving her occasional kisses on the cheeks and lips.

So the rumors were true. They are in a relationship.

Suddenly, I felt something hurt inside me. I clutch on to my chest and felt my heart was aching. Jinhee should be in my arms not his. Why is this happening to me?

Don’t worry Jinhee. I’ll get you away from him. I’ll show you that you and him are not destined for each other but we are. I am the only man for you, not him, not anyone. It has to be and will be me! Wait and see!


Author's Note: Finally posted this one! Hahaha! Anyway, how are you guys? I hope you're still with me... I (unintentionally) stopped writing this fic for awhile now since I kinda got hook with making sad one-shot fics. If you didn't notice and if you time to read a one-shot fic, here's a list for you:

1. Forever and Always (Onew - OC Pairing)

2. Not Now, Not Ever (Onew - OC Pairing)

3. A 'Quasimodo' Fate (Onew - OC Pairing)

Oh~ You, Did you notice the side story? He'll be introduce in the next few chapters but in a mysterious and slowly manner.  I like to keep you guys on your feet. Don't Worry! I'll give hidden clues. Hope you guys are like Sherlock! Hahahaha!

Can anyone guess who's POV is in the side story? Leave your guess on the comment area if you have time to spare. :)

I guess I'll see you, you on the next chapter. I'm currently in the middle of typing it! :)