Getting Caught in the 'Talk' (Onew's Point of View)

Confessions of the Idols

 

Chapter 17: Getting Caught in the 'Talk' (Onew's Point of View)

 

“You want some coffee?” Manager-hyung asked me as I sat on one of the (kitchen) counter stools there.

“Water would be better, hyung.” I softly answered.

 

He started to brew some coffee with a coffee maker that you usually see at any café. The difference they have is that it is built-in coffee maker on a wooden shelf. Maybe I should ask our Manager-hyung to install one for us.

 

I guess he was having espresso. Just the smell of it made Sir CJ mad as hell at me for not accepting the coffee-offer. As the coffee was still in its brewing process, he handed me a glass of water. I flash him a smile and thank him for it.

 

As I slowly gulp down my drink, manager-hyung took his cup of espresso and placed it on a coffee coaster by the kitchen counter.

 

“So, how serious are you with Jinhee?” He asked out of nowhere.

 

Surprised by his attacked, I almost choked from the water that I was drinking, good thing he patted my back.

 

1Gwenchana?” He asked me as he handed me a paper towel.

“I’m fine, hyung” I managed to reply as I wiped my mouth.

“Good.” He smiled at me. “So? How serious?”

I nervously laughed and replied “Very Serious, hyung”

“I see. That’s good to hear.” He said before sipping from his cup.

 

Now that is some scary question if you asked me. Sir CJ side commented as he crossed his arm in dismay.

 

“Why ask that all of the sudden, hyung?” I asked curiously.

“I’m just curious yeah~” He replied singing to the tune of ‘Sherlock’

 

We laughed for a few minutes and joke around a few more. Manager-hyung is so friendly and funny.

 

“But seriously” then the atmosphere changed again. “I was just making sure that you’re serious about each other. The last thing I want to see is both of you hurt.”

“Don’t worry, hyung. I have no intention of hurting her.” I reassured him.

 

He flashed me a smile and continued drinking his coffee.

 

“Does the boss know?” He asked afterwards.

“As far as I know, no. He has no clue.” I replied.

“Are you going to tell him then?” He gave me a worried look.

“I’m not sure, hyung” I said slowly looking at my glass.

 

I could feel his eyes studying me. But that’s the least of my concern right now. What I am really worried about is where this conversation is going.

 

“You know what? I was actually surprised when Jinhee told me that you guys are in a relationship” He informed me in serious tone.

 

I slowly looked at him as he propped his elbow by the kitchen counter supporting the weight of his upper body.

 

“I never really thought that the two of you of would end up together” He commented almost chuckling manner.

 

What’s that supposed to mean? Sir CJ exclaimed prepping his fist for a big fight.

 

“Don’t get me wrong, Jinki.” He immediately added.

“Not at all hyung” I lied.

 

I don’t like where this is getting into. I should do something.

 

“Hyung? Where are the others?” I asked as a diversion.

“Oh the girls? They went out. It’s their free time.” He informed me.

 

I watch him took his final sip from his cup before he walk towards the sink to wash his cup and left it on a rack to let the excess water drip off. He wiped his hands with few paper towels before glancing at the wall clock.

 

“I better go back to work.” He sighed. “You can stay here until this afternoon, Jinki.”

“Yes, hyung.” I nodded.

“Just so you know.” He placed his right hand on my shoulder. “I told Choi Jin that you visited Jinhee because she is sick. I told him that I insisted you to sleep at my apartment which is just on 6th floor of this building - Apartment 602 to be exact, because it was raining hard last night. And tell him your phone died so that’s why you ask me to call him instead but you were already asleep when I called him. Got it?”

 

I laughed at him “That was one hell of a cover up, hyung.”

“I know! Just in case he fishes around, you know what to reply.” He smiled at me.

“Thanks, hyung!” I bowed.

“That’s the least I can do after you took care of Jinhee.” He replied.

 

After grabbing his things by the living room, he immediately went to the door. As he was about to turn the knob, he called out my name.

 

“Yes, hyung?” I asked

“Can you do us a big favor?” He said.

“What is it?”

“Can you bring Jinhee for a check-up? We weren’t able to bring her to the doctor. Can you do that for us?”

“Sure thing, hyung.”

“Thanks”

“Oh and one last thing.”

“What is it?”

 

He turned his head to where am I and looked at me with a playful smirk on his face before dropping the words “Good luck with that!”

 

Now, what’s that supposed to mean?

 

--

 

The drive to the hospital was quiet – way too quiet. I took a quit glance at Jeni and there she was fidgeting with her hands on her lap. She hadn’t uttered a word after we left their dorm. Maybe I should turned the car around. This is maybe a bad idea.

 

An hour before this drive to the hospital, I made a fool out of myself as I plead for her to get her check-up done. She kept on saying ‘no’ acting like a little girl throwing some tantrums (and it ain’t cute).

 

It took all my remaining energy and patience to finally convince her. How I did it is a secret, ok? Just trust me on this one.

 

Now, I know why hyung told me ‘good luck’. Hahaha!

 

--

 

“Here! Wear this so no one can recognize us.” I told her as I hand her a surgical mask.

 

She just stared at it.

 

“Come on. Do you want me to put it on you?” I insisted.

 

She shook her head and took the mask from my hand. I smiled and wore mine.

 

“Oppa?” and she speaks. Hahaha!

“What is it?” I asked.

“Do… I… Do I really have to --" I cut her off. “Yes we have to. Don’t worry. I’ll be there with you.” I reassured her as I held her hand.

“Now, wear your mask then we’ll go there together, ok?” I instructed her.

 

She nodded her head worriedly.

 

Apparently, she has a fear of going to hospitals. She told me (earlier) that when she was young, she was always hospitalized unable to go to school for the first few years of her elementary life in the States. Ever since the day that she was discharge from the hospital she never went back

 

I assisted her out the car. With our hands intertwined, we directly went inside the hospital to get this over with.

 

Hope everything end out right.

 



--Side Story--

A girl in her twenties entered the hospital. She was there to visit her friend who was confined because of an injury. She was expecting this visit to be a not more than a tiring yet fun day of updating her friend about the latest news about their beloved idols – especially SHINee.

 

She was about to go to the concierge counter to ask for her friends room, when she stop on her tracks. Is what she seeing clear? Is that her bias? Is that really Onew-oppa? Is he really holding hands with a girl?

 

Being a curious fan she is, she followed her bias from not more than a few steps away. She wants to identify who is that girl he’s holding hands with. She kept on following them until they (somewhat) disappeared from her sight.

 

She scratch her head out of frustration. How can she lose them like that?

 

“Can that girl be his girlfriend?” She tap her chin lightly with her finger.

 

With that question in mind, she turned her heel and hurriedly finds her friend’s room.

 

Panting really hard, she sat beside of her friend and managed to say out “You wouldn’t believe what I just saw.”


Author's Note: So I have a Board Meeting in a few minutes and I haven't prepared myself for the meeting proper. All I did was type this chapter in an hour. The shortest time for typing a chapter ever (fo me)!!! 

I better prepare now. I promise to type the next chapter after my meeting, okie dokie? :D

I'll see you on the next chapter then! :D