Caught? (Your Point of View)

Confessions of the Idols

Chapter 18: Caught? (Your Point of View)

 

 

I held to his hand tighter as the doctor wrote his prognosis on my condition. Oppa immediately looked at me and smiled reassuring me that everything would be fine.

 

“Well, Ms. Shin it is just a classic case of viral flu. No need to worry anything” The doctor informed me as he pushes the bridge of his eyeglasses upward.

 

I let out a relieving sigh. At least it is not as worst as the one I had during my childhood days.

 

“See? I told you everything will be fine.” Oppa told me before kissing my forehead.

“Oppa, the doctor.” I whispered to him.

 

I don’t know about him but I am becoming paranoid with all the skinship we are doing in public especially if someone is watching us. It is not that we don’t people to know we are in a relationship. It is just that our dream, career and work is in the line here. Plus, we are both aware that if the company finds out about us, they might put an ultimatum to break us apart (and we don’t want that, do we?).

 

“Oh don’t worry you love birds. Your secret is safe with me.” the doctor chuckled.

“Yes, he will keep it a secret. He is one of our company’s trusted doctors.” Onew-oppa added.

“What if he tells the boss?” I ask oppa in a low voice but (unaware that it was) loud enough to be heard by the doctor who was an arm length away from me.

“You don’t trust me do you?” The doctor chuckled once more.

“It is not that, doctor” I tried to defend myself.

“It’s alright.” He smiled at me. “Anyway, here’s your prescriptions. Make sure to take it on time especially the antiviral drug and the vitamins.”

 

I looked at the prescription and there are a lot of medicines to take. One of the things I hate the most is drinking pills. But who am I to complain. If I want to get better, I had to drink these medicines.

 

“Remember, you have to drink the antiviral drug for a maximum of 5 days starting today. The vitamins is once a day every morning after breakfast. The rest are to be taken when needed. For example, you are to take a pill of decongestant if you experienced discomfort from stuffy noses, sinuses, ears, and chests or drink an ibuprofen if you experience a high fever or any pain.” The doctor instructed me.

“Thanks doctor.” I flashed him a fake smile.

“Oh and please do get some good rest and drink plenty of water.” The doctor added.

“Yes, I will.” I replied.

“Be back here after a week. I’ll check if you are well enough to resume your activities.”

 

Not again. I have to come back here? This is why I hate being sick.

 

--

 

I stare at the prescription in my hand as oppa drove off the hospital. There are a lot of medicine that I have to ingest. This is one of the reason why I hate going to the hospital. They would make you drink these things that they claim to be scientifically made and tested, and a hundred percent safe for anyone.

 

I suddenly remember when I was a 3 years resident in a hospital in LA starting when I was 7 years old. Nurses would come in with cups of drugs for me to drink (and most were injected in me) and would go with an empty tray and cups.

 

I hate being sick.

 

“You know, if you stare at that paper longer, you could create a hole right through it.” Onew-oppa chuckled.

“You’re right! I should stop staring at it then” I laughed with him.

 

I placed the prescription inside my bag when the car stopped by the traffic lights. Onew-oppa held on to my right hand giving it a light squeeze. I looked at him questioning his action.

 

“The trip to the hospital went well, right?” He spoke out.

“Not as worst as I could think it would be.” I commented.

“So what were you thinking then?” He looked at me curiously.

“I don’t know. Ask me to stay for a couple of days in the hospital and have some needles injected in me.” I disgustingly replied.

“You really hate the hospital, don’t you?”

“No I don’t. I love it there” I sarcastically replied earning a chuckle from him.

 

He let go of my hand as his changed gear and drove off.

 

“So do you want to go somewhere?” He asked.

“Nah… I just want to go home.” I lazily replied.

“Right, rest! You need a lot of that you workaholic.” He commented.

“Me? A workaholic?” I rolled my eyes. “Who’s a workaholic between the two of us?”

 

 He took a quick look at me before looking back to the road and laughing his head off.

 

“Fine. I admit it. I’m the workaholic one.” He laughed some more.

“You’re a good boy for admitting it.” I baby talked him.

“And being a good boy that I am, I will some kind of reward from my master.” He jokingly replied.

“And what reward would that be?” I asked him. “A Chicken or a kiss?”

 

He stopped the car once more by the traffic lights. He looked at me in dismay.

 

“Do I really have to choose between the two?” He confusingly asked.

“Yup! Either of the two. You couldn’t get both.” I teasingly replied.

 

He looked at me and pouted like a little kid wanting his mommy to buy him some lollipop.

 

“Can I have both? Pretty please.” He pleaded.

 

I giggled at his aegyo. It is so rare to see him do this to me. I wish I could record it.

 

“Fine.” I gave in.

 

I gave him a few pecks on the lips before completely pulling away from him.

 

“Better?” I asked.

“Yes! But it would be best if there is chicken.” He chuckled.

“Then let’s buy lots of chicken.” I chuckled back

 “We’ll drop by the pharmacy to buy your medicines first then have lots of fried chickens to go. After that, we’ll go back to your dorm and eat the chicken there. Would that be fine?” Oppa asked.

 

I nodded my head in agreement and off we go.

 

--

 

We arrive at our dorm 15 minutes past two o’clock. We immediately head towards the living and lauch ourselves on the couch.

 

Holding two buckets of chicken, motioned me to take a piece and munch on it (which I did).

 

I turned the TV on looking for any good shows to watch. I leaned my head on oppa shoulder earning a smile from him. We continue to flip from one channel to another.

 

“Jinhee, dear? Are you there?” I heard someone called out. It was Leader-unnie.

 

The leader is in the house!

 

“In the living room.” I answered back.

 

I heard her running – yes, not walking, running – to us. She toss her tab to me and said “Read it.”

 

I sat properly leaning my back against the couch. I looked at the tab and what I was made my eyes open widely.

 

“Hey! What’s wrong?” I heard oppa asked.

 

He looked at the tab and stare at it for a few more seconds.

 

SHINee’s Leader Onew seen in a hospital holding hands with a girl.

 

“I think you guys are in trouble.” Leader-unnie commented.


Author's Note: Board Meetings and Business Trips has been a bummer for me. I always ended up going home late at night or early in the morning which only means less time for me to type the chapters for this fic. Since Christmas is just around the corner, expect me to bombard you guys with tons of updates. 

Did anyone already guess the person behind Side Story Number 1? the third wheel in this story? Any guesses? Hahaha! Don't worry! He'll be revealed soon. :D

Oh and after I revealed the third wheel. I'll add up a fourth wheel in the story for fun fun fun! Hahaha!

Until then, Enjoy and see you on the next chapter! :))