Friends.

Unexpected Family

 

Taemin & Chanyeol had just finished their story on how they knew each other and all Krystal could do is roll her eyes. The two boys were rivals in soccer at their old schools. Taemin, the forward. Chanyeol, the goalie. Both team captains. Their two schools always competed with each other in everything so their instinct was to defeat the other. They got into many fights on the field and despised each other ever since.

 

Krystal thought it was all typical and stupid. It’s just sports, she thought irritated. Something else just popped into her mind, “Wait... Taemin, didn’t you just transfer to the school where Chanyeol is at?” Chanyeol’s eyes widened, anticipating his answer.

 

“Unfortunately, yes.”

 

Chanyeol’s jaw dropped. “Y-You aren’t thinking of joining the soccer team, are you?” Taemin scoffed, “I know, I don’t like the idea of being on the same team as you either but the coach is a family friend and he wanted me on the team so I transferred.”

 

Chanyeol pouted and mumbled profanities under his breath. “Well, stay away from me, got it?” He shifted his gaze to the silent Krystal, who’s just rolling her eyes at everything the boys say to each other. “So, I’ll see you around?” He flashes his toothy grin and Krystal giggles, “Yeah, sure.”

 

Chanyeol nods with a smile and shoots Taemin a quick glare as he walks out of the door. When he is gone, Krystal folds her arms across her chest, “Well, aren’t you going to have fun when the season starts?” She chuckles as Taemin lightly smacks her head. “Yah, he likes you so watch out. You can’t date him because I said so.”

 

Krystal scoffs, “I don’t have any freedom in this friendship?” She puts both of her hands on her heart, “Ouch, that really hurts, Tae.” They both laugh and Krystal adds, “Besides, you know I’m in no mood for a relationship at the moment so you have nothing to worry about.” She ruffles his hair and then looks down at her phone. Taemin frowns as she is looking away; all I have to do is wait for you…

 

***

 

Minho had just arrived back in Seoul, courtesy of Jinki. The car ride was filled with chatter here and there. Minho felt comfortable; Jinki could be like a brother to him. Jinki wanted to make sure Minho would actually take care of Sulli like he said he would. Minho assured him that he would do his best even though they were both still young. He wanted to help, so badly. He still feels guilty for being stupid that one night. His stupidity caused Sulli pain, physically & emotionally. He will be there to make up for it. Sulli might get sick of him being with her 24/7 but she is just going to have to deal with it. He will make it up to her.

 

He was now figuring out which day he would go back to the Lee’s. “Hmm, I have to drop out of school, break it to Channie that I’m leaving him, poor guy will be crushed, and stop by Krystal’s to thank her for telling me the address. SO, it’s Monday, so I should be able to go back on Wednesday. Yes, that’s good.”

Minho walks into his dorm to find Chanyeol playing the new Black Ops, yelling whenever he killed someone or got killed. Chanyeol turns around to greet him, “Yah!” He pauses his game and rushes over to Minho and holds his hand out in a ‘stop’ motion.

 

Chanyeol eyes him suspiciously, “Were you successful? If not, I’m kicking you out until you are!” Minho grins, “I’d be leaving either way.”

 

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol says with a confused look on his face. Minho just continues to smile, “I’m moving in with Sulli and her family!” Chanyeol’s eyes grow wide, “Are you serious man? I didn’t think you would be THAT successful. But why are you moving in? Couldn’t you just stay here and see her?”

 

Minho motions for him to sit down, he complies and Minho begins to tell him about everything he learned today.

 

Why Sulli dropped out of college.

Why Sulli just disappeared like that.

And that he is going to become a father.

 

“A-A father? Do you think you’re ready for that man?” Chanyeol eyes were as big as ever, shocked at what his roommate had just told him. Chanyeol would have never guessed that THAT was the reason why Sulli fled from Seoul to Incheon.

 

“I-I don’t know completely how I feel about it just yet but I just know that it was my mistake and I have to be there for her from now on so I’m moving in. The baby needs a father so I’m going to be there, every step of the way.”

 

Chanyeol felt proud of his friend, he sounded sincere and determined. He patted Minho’s shoulder, “Good luck Choi, be good to her and the baby. Don’t forget about me either. There is no one out there like me. I’m one of a kind.” Chanyeol says with his infamous toothy grin.  

 

Minho laughs, “Yeah, okay. Sure, Park.” Chanyeol frowns, “Maaan~ I’m going to miss you. I’m going to be all alone in here unless they give me a new roommate and I don’t want one. You know how I’m scared of being in the dark alone too! I hear things.”

 

Minho just continues to laugh at Chanyeol but he begins to protest, “Yah, that’s not funny. The dark is scary, okay?” Minho just nods with a hand over his mouth to keep his laughs from coming out.

 

“But Choi, I really am going to miss you. You actually accept me for my weirdness and deal with it. You’re the best~” Minho looks at him in disgust, “Don’t get all mushy on me man, just don’t.”

 

Chanyeol smiles devilishly at him and holds out his arms, “Hug me brotha!” Minho gets up to run away but is too late as Chanyeol engulfs him into a bear hug. 

 

***

 

As Jinki arrives back to his home, he immediately goes to find Taeyeon, who is putting Hyeri down for a nap. Once he finds her, he motions for her to come to the living room silently since little Hyeri was fast asleep.

 

Once there, he speaks up, “I have a really good feeling about this Minho guy, yeobo. He has this fire in his eyes and it’s reassuring. I think, no, I KNOW he’s for real.” Taeyeon hugs her husband, “You really think so, yeobo?”

 

Jinki smiles and kisses her softly on her lips, “I know so. He said he will do his absolute best to help Sulli. It also seems to me that has feelings for her and not in a best friend way. I could just tell.” Still hugging, they giggled together and talked about Minho and Sulli but little did they know, Sulli was listening to what they were saying the whole time and it made her smile.

 

Sulli may finally be able to be with the guy she had fallen for so long ago, the guy of her dreams, and it’s all thanks to the mistake they made that night. Sulli was thinking that in the end, everything might not be as bad as she thought.

 

If Minho was truly into helping her and the baby now, she wouldn’t have to stress over the father situation any longer. The baby could grow up with a father and with it being a boy; he would, of course, need his father. A son needs that father figure in his life, Sulli thought, as a daughter would need her mother.

 

Sulli leaned against the wall, still in deep thought; I hope everything will turn out okay in the end. But, for now, I must take it day by day and see if Minho is truly sincere.

 

***

 

Wednesday, the day Minho plans to move in with Sulli and the Lee’s. Minho doesn’t know why he feels so nervous but he does. One last stop before going to Incheon, Krystal’s dorm. Upon arrival, Krystal greets him, “Hey Meanho, did you go visit her like I told you to?”

 

Minho scrunches up her eyebrows, “What’s with the nickname? It’s…rude.” Krystal shrugs, “You can be cold at times so it fits you perfectly but that doesn’t answer my question, Meanho.” Minho rolls his eyes, And this is setting aside our differences…

 

“Anyways, I did visit her.”

 

“Really?” Krystal, being the skeptical girl she is, wants to question him further, “Then what was it Sulli had to tell you?”

 

Minho scoffs, “You don’t believe me? She’s pregnant and I’m the father so I’m going to go move in with her at the Lee’s.”

 

Krystal’s eyes widened, “Really? What about your schooling? Sulli didn’t want to jeopardize that so she gave up her schooling so you wouldn’t have to, dummy!” Minho rolls his eyes, “Don’t worry, everything has already been settled. Sulli’s sacrifice is not in vain; UOS is putting my scholarship on hold so I can just come back when I’m ready.”

 

Minho continues to speak, “Well, the main reason I came here was to thank you for giving me Sulli’s address. I really needed to know about this. I could have just been living my life regularly not knowing that I was a soon-to-be father. So thank you, sincerely.”

 

Krystal’s expression softened, “Hey, no problem, Minho.” He begins to chuckle, “What happened to Meanho, huh.” He continues to laugh as she punches his arm, “Yah! We were having an actual good moment and you screwed it up!”

 

Minho’s laughter begins to die down, “Okay, okay. Sorry.” He felt like he didn’t want to hold a grudge against his ex-girlfriend anymore so he decided to be the bigger person. He held out his hand, “Friends?”

 

Krystal eyed his hand for a few seconds before she took and shook it, “Friends.” Her eyes lit up with an idea, “How about you do me a big favor, friend?” Minho eyed her suspiciously, “What is it?”

 

Krystal ran to her closet where all of Sulli’s things were safely stored. She motioned for Minho to follow her. As he made his way to the closet, he wondered what all this stuff was. He got his answer, “These are all of Sulli’s things she didn’t take with her when she left. Can you please take them to her?”

 

“Will do. She should be happy to see all of her belongings again,” He said with a smile. With that, Krystal and Minho took all of Sulli’s things down to Jinki’s car and loaded it along with Minho’s things. When they were all down, Krystal pouted, “I wish I could go with you guys to visit Sulli. Why does it have to be finals week?” She let out an awful sigh.

 

Jinki laughed and ruffled her hair, “Next time, Krystal.” Her eyes immediately brightened, “Okay, oppa!” Minho scoffed, She totally likes him.

 

As Jinki goes to the driver’s seat, Minho turns to Krystal, “Hey, could you do me a favor now?”

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

“Take of Chanyeol for me, please. The guy is weird but he is lovable. I can tell he is starting to like you too.” Minho smiles as Krystal’s cheeks turn pink, “S-Sure. Give me his number and I’ll chat with him once in a while.”

 

Minho gives Krystal the number and gets into the car. She shouts before they drive off, “You better take good care of her, Meanho!” Minho just nods with a smile as Jinki puts the car in drive.

Krystal waves goodbye as they drive off to Jinki’s home in Incheon, which Minho can also call home now, too.

 

[an]: sorry this is so late!~ i feel so bad. T_T but it's out now, right? :)

i apoplogize if this story is going too slow. I promise there will be more Minsul from now on though since they'll be under one roof. :D

keep supporting this fic & i'll keep writing for you. ♥