I'm So Sorry.

Unexpected Family

 

Sulli has explained everything that has happened in these past few months to Minho. 
 
How she left to the states to get away from everything & everyone that summer. 
How she found out she was pregnant.
How she was scared to face him, Krystal and her parents; afraid to be judged by them.
How she found her cousin who went through the same situation and how the Lee’s gladly accepted her into their home.
How she dropped out of college to take care of the baby but they will keep her scholarship until she is able to return.
 
But the biggest secret she has been keeping from him has yet been revealed, which she will be revealing very soon.
 
Minho has calmed down immensely from listening to his friend since middle school explain everything to him that he has been wondering about all this time. He didn’t know why he blew up like that at her. Maybe he is just so protective of her and cares a lot for her. But she doesn’t know that.
 
From Minho’s eyes, he could tell Sulli was beginning to get nervous. What is it that she wanted to say but was too afraid to? From knowing Sulli for so long, Minho has developed a skill: being able to read Sulli like a book. 
 
Sure, some things he couldn’t figure out. Like her mixed signals or flashing a smile when she actually didn’t mean it, other than that, he knew her. So, he must find out what is making her so nervous.
 
“What’s wrong, Ssul? I notice that you are getting a little antsy.”
 
Sulli stops fidgeting with her fingers and takes a deep breath, “What I say will be very shocking but you are an important part of it so I decided that it is right to tell you.”
 
Now it’s time for Minho to be nervous. What is it she had to tell him? 
 
“Okay, Ssul.” He places a hand gently on her shoulder, “You can tell me anything.” Sulli decides it is time to be strong and not run away anymore. She won’t be afraid.
 
Sulli looks Minho dead in the eye and her voice comes out firm and strong, “You are the father of the baby.”
 
***
 
Since it was Saturday, Krystal was typically always with Taemin. Even though they did sleep together a long time ago at a high school party, they didn’t feel awkward around each other. 
 
Sure, Taemin still has feelings for Krystal but he’d rather be her friend than nothing at all. He sensed that Krystal didn’t want anything to do with a romantic relationship at the moment so Taemin would wait for her. 
 
They arrived at their regular lunch place and sat at the same table like every time they have been there. As Krystal was looking through her menu, the door opened to the restaurant and there was Chanyeol, Minho’s weird but cute roommate.
 
Krystal waved at him as he came in, “Chanyeol!” 
 
Chanyeol looked over to where the voice came from and he immediately froze. Damn, it’s that incredibly beautiful girl again.. Act cool, Chanyeol. Act cool.
 
Chanyeol approached the table, walking as coolly as he can manage. Taemin scoffs, Who does this guy think he is? Chanyeol does a mini hair flip as he reaches their table, completely ignoring the boy sitting across from her, “How’s it going, Krystal?”
 
She smiles up at him and giggles, “I’m pretty good but if you’re trying to act cool, please just stop. It doesn‘t suit you.” Chanyeol’s smirk turned into an embarrassed frown. Taemin chuckled as soon as he heard Krystal’s words. 
 
Chanyeol turns to him and shoots Taemin a death glare and he immediately stops laughing, “There was something in my throat that could only be gotten out by laughing and thanks to your failed attempt at being cool, you got it out, thanks!” Chanyeol scoffs, “Yeah, you’re welcome. Who are you, anyways?” 
 
“Lee Taemin.” 
 
“Park Chanyeol.”
 
The two exchange glares as they realize who the other is. Krystal clears , “Um, guys?” Both of them look at her, “I’m kind of getting the feeling here that you two don’t like each other.” 
 
Taemin scoffs lightly, “Long story short; this guy is a deuce.” Chanyeol’s fist tightens, “You’re one to talk.” Krystal sighs and stands up, “What is going on here? How do you two know each other? And PLEASE, let’s have a civilized conversation about this, people are staring.” 
 
Both boys sit down and Taemin speaks up first, “It all started in middle school..”
 
***
 
I’m…the father of…the baby?
 
Minho just couldn’t believe it. It was impossible. He remembers putting a on that night. Wait…that was the one his father gave him his freshman year of high school saying, Use it well, and Minho just decided to keep it as a memento as his first ever having. It was a good luck charm of some sort that he carried around everywhere he went. How could he be so stupid to use that useless thing?!
 
He lowers his head into his hands and begins to pull at his hair in frustration. Sulli’s voice brought him back to reality instead of being in his own thoughts, “M-Minho? Are you angry?” 
 
He looks up and sees a concerned look on her face. He felt guilty; he had done this to Sulli and didn’t even realize it until now. He gets up and pulls Sulli in for a hug. She was taken aback by his reaction and doesn’t return the hug. Still holding onto her, he starts to talk, “I’m so sorry, Ssul. I did this to you. I was stupid. I ruined your scholarship. I ruined--” 
 
Sulli finally returns the hug and rubs his back, “It’s okay Minho, really. We both weren’t thinking straight. This is what happens when we aren’t being our smartest.” Minho feels a little relieved yet, the guilt in his stomach was making it painful to see Sulli giving up everything by herself for the baby. He pulls away from her and blurts out, “I’m going to help you take care of the baby, well, our baby now, I guess..” 
 
Minho’s face turns a bright red and he begins to scratch the back of his head from embarrassment. He was a father. Minho was a father. He still didn’t exactly know how he felt about that but he wanted to help Sulli out regardless.
 
“But I already dropped out of college, you can’t too!” Sulli wouldn’t let this one little thing go. She wanted Minho to follow his dreams and aspirations since she was unable to. Minho crosses his arms and sits down on her bed, “Nope. I’m staying here, with you.” 
 
Sulli sighs from frustration, “You were always so stubborn..”
 
“I’ll take that as a yes! I’ll go back to Seoul, pack up, and return.” Minho says brightly even though he realizes he can’t play soccer anymore. There’s always next year or the year after that. I’ll prove myself and get back in the college.
 
“Let’s see if I let you back into the house. Oppa, do you realize what you’re giving up? A chance to be an Olympic star that everyone looks up to? You could be on a cereal box!” Sulli exclaims with big, round eyes and hand gestures. 
 
Minho always liked when Sulli was so animated and he had to admit, an animated, pregnant Sulli was pretty adorable. “It’s fine, Ssul. There’s always other opportunities in the future. So just forget about it, you can’t change my mind.”
 
Sulli pouts in defeat and looks up at him, “So, you’re not mad about me keeping the baby?” Minho rolls his eyes, “Of course not! You know that I feel the same way about abortion like you.” Sulli smiles and hugs him, “Thank you, Minnie. I was scared to face you but it didn’t turn out so bad after all. You’re always looking out for me; you’re the best.”
 
Minho’s heart begins to race, he hasn’t heard that nickname in so long. He remembers that he came here for a reason and that was to confess to Sulli. Finding out he was a soon-to-be father threw that out of the window; he was lost for words now. 
 
Minho was always taught that the baby comes after the marriage but that isn’t the case here. They weren’t even together, just best friends. The funny thing is, though, they both have feelings for each other but neither one would confess. And Minho even knew how Sulli felt from reading her diary. 
 
What was holding him back? Maybe it just wasn’t the right time to confess yet. Who knows when it will happen? For now, the two are just going to get re-acquainted with each other and we’ll see what happens from then on.
 
Taeyeon bursts into the room, “Finally you guys are done talking! My ear hurts from leaning on the door. And talk louder next time so I can hear better, ENUNCIATE. Say it with me guys, ENUNCIATE.” Sulli scoffs, “Unnie!” 
 
Taeyeon smirks, “What? This is my house. I can eavesdrop if I want to.” Minho just chuckles at the two’s conversation; it was entertaining to watch. 
 
“Oh! And Minho, Jinki will take you back to Seoul right now so that you can get ready to move here,” she hands him a piece of paper with a number on it, “when you’re done packing and everything, give him a call and he’ll pick you up as soon as he’s available. Welcome to the family, Minho.” She pulls him in for a tight hug.
 
“Uh, noon-noona, I’m h-happy to be in t-the family b-but I c-can’t breathe.” Taeyeon releases him quickly, “Oh! Sorry Minho, I’m just happy you are going to help Sulli and everything. I’m so glad to finally meet you. I was trying to get this girl to tell you about the baby ever since she got here but she just wouldn’t--”
 
Sulli laughs nervously, “Okay unnie, that’s enough.” Jinki comes into the room and immediately goes to shake Minho’s hand, “Welcome to the family, Minho, the more the merrier!” 
 
Taeyeon shoots him a glare, “You said that when Sulli arrived. I hope you won’t say that anymore after this, we have enough now. If you do, you’re sleeping on the couch with the rest of the people you invite into our home.” She storms out of the room and Jinki runs after her, “Yeobo, I promise I won’t let anyone else into our house. YEOBO!”
 
Minho found this family entertaining, he had a feeling he was going to like it here. This is going to be a very interesting 4 months.