Something More.

Unexpected Family

 

Light shone through the curtains signaling that it was now morning. The sun rays hit Sulli’s eyes, causing her to wake up out of her sleep. She cracked one eye open slowly and her vision was blurry. She opened the other and once her vision was focused, she realized that Minho’s face was only inches away from hers.
 
He was sleeping like a baby. His lips were slightly parted while he breathed steadily. His chest rose and fell with each breath. Sulli couldn’t move; she could only watch in amazement. He was so perfect up close; semi-long bed hair that he still looked good with, cute pink lips, sharp jaw line; just...perfection at its finest. She could feel his breath hit her lips and it drove her crazy.  
 
She didn’t want to move in case he would awaken and part of her didn’t want to move at all. She wanted to stay like this, close to Minho; feeling his breath on her lips, watching his chest rise and fall; she felt like she could get used to this. But then again, he was only her best friend and now, she truly wished he was something more.
 
Sulli blushed from her thoughts, the thought of dating Minho made her heart flutter. She hasn’t thought about Minho in this way since before him and Krystal started dating. But a new thought entered into her mind; if her and Minho did end up dating, wouldn’t it be good for the baby, too? The baby needs its parents and a loving atmosphere around it. If Minho and Sulli fell in love, it would be even better, in Sulli’s eyes.
 
Sulli was always taught that marriage comes before having children and she wasn’t planning to marry anytime soon anyways. She wanted to establish a career for herself before she thought about marriage but now everything was messed up. Now, she planned on doing it in mixed order: baby, career, marriage.
 
When her parents find out, she figured she would be shunned like Taeyeon was from her parents but she didn’t really care anymore. She is surrounded by a few lovely people who won’t shun her. Of course, she was still scared because she used to always try to impress her parents ever since she was little. They had such high expectations from her in school and if they found out she dropped out, it wouldn’t be so pretty. 
 
Sulli tried to put the thought of her parents in the back of her mind and began to think of Minho again. She believes he would shower the baby with love and that made her feel warm inside. Maybe dating him wouldn’t be so bad…
 
“Whatcha thinking about?”
 
Minho’s sleepy voice woke her out of her thoughts and she flushed red while looking him in the eyes.
 
Thump.
Thump.
Thump.
 
Oh no, not again! Sulli thought as her heart started to race once again. This must not be healthy for the baby.
 
“Ssul, are you okay?”
 
No, I’m not Choi Minho, you keep talking to me in that deep sleepy voice that I find oh so attractive. She broke eye contact with him, “Y-Yeah, I’m okay.”
 
“Okay good, cause I was beginning to get worried since you didn’t respond when I first called out your name so I figured you were deep in thought.”
 
Crap, he must of saw me staring, no, ADMIRING him. Aish, Choi Sulli, get it together! 
 
“Really?” She laughed nervously, “I must have spaced out, sorry.” She eye-smiled at him with rosy cheeks; Minho found her simply irresistible. 
 
He smiled back at her, “Do you have any plans today?” 
Sulli’s eyes widened, why did he ask that, “N-Not that I know of, no.” 
Minho grinned, “Good! I missed hanging out with my best friend and we should pick up where we left off, okay?” 
 
Sulli felt a little sad when he said ‘best friend’ but that is what she is to him, she thinks. Little does she know, Minho feels the complete opposite about her and he wants to show her that, today. 
 
***
 
Krystal was laying on her bed, staring at her phone screen. She was staring at Chanyeol’s phone number. Should I call? Well, Minho wanted me to.. Maybe I should. Okay Krys, here goes nothing!
 
She presses the call button and it connects. One ring, two…
 
“Hello?” 
 
He answered! Uh-uh, what should I do!? “Ah, hello Chanyeol-ssi.” 
 
Chanyeol froze. He recognized that voice. It was Krystal calling him. Krystal. “Ah, hello Krystal, and there’s no need for honorifics, we can just speak comfortably.” 
 
His voice is so…nice. Has it always been that deep? “O-Okay, Chanyeol. How are you doing?”
 
“I’m okay, just a little lonely though. I should be getting a new roommate soon.”
 
“Ah, that’s good.”
 
Silence.
 
Chanyeol decided to speak up, “Do you want to hang out or something? Please save me from this loneliness,” he chuckled and Krystal liked his deep chuckle a little too much.
 
“That sounds good, oppa. Just text me the place and we can meet.”
 
She called me…oppa. “Ah, y-yeah, okay. Bye for now, Krystal.”
 
“Bye Chanyeol.” Krystal hung up the phone and let out a breath. Well, that was kind of awkward. But, this guy is interesting. I want to get to know him.
 
Chanyeol texted her the place and they both set off to their destination to meet and save Chanyeol from his loneliness.
 
***
 
Minho decided to take Sulli to the park to have a picnic. They chatted cheerfully along the way, rekindling their somewhat broken friendship. Once they arrived to a nice grassy area in the park, he laid out the blanket and set the basket down on it. 
 
“Do you need help sitting, Ssul?” 
 
Sulli looked away, embarrassed, “Yeah, kind of..” Minho just smiled and helped her sit down comfortably. 
 
“I also brought a pillow if you need to lay down at any time.”
 
Sulli smiled at his thoughtfulness, he is really sweet, “Thanks oppa.” She flashed him a bright smile. She was so happy right now. She gets to spend the day with Minho and hopefully, if he is true to his words, they’ll be able to spend time together everyday. 
 
They ate the food Minho cooked, he had been practicing, while chatting away. Sulli liked how she was so comfortable with him and she was her true self around him all the time. When they were done eating, Sulli had a piece of rice on her lip and she didn’t notice it. 
 
“Sulli-ah,” Minho leaned towards her and got really close. Sulli began to get nervous, “Wha-what are you doing!?” He lightly brushed her lip with his finger and the rice was gone. Sulli was once again blushing bright red and Minho noticed. 
 
“You had some rice there, Ssul.” Minho broke out in laughter because of how red her face was. He found it priceless. Sulli huffed and threw the pillow he gave her at him and hit him right in the head. Minho stopped laughing and looked like a sad baby who got his toy taken away. It was now Sulli’s turn to break out into laughter. Minho joined with her and their laughter could be heard all throughout the park.
 
Minho and Sulli decided to take a stroll around the park since her doctor said walking is good to do while she’s pregnant. As they were walking, some people would give Sulli judging looks and her mood was slowly being brought down. Minho noticed and began to get angry. A middle-aged woman was with her friend, Minho assumed, and he over-heard them talking about Sulli.
 
“Oh, poor girl. I wonder what her parents think.”
“Don’t feel sorry for her, she did it to herself.”
“Ah, you’re right. Kids these days have no responsibility.”
“Yeah, I bet they won’t even raise the child right. They’re too young. They don‘t know what they’re doing.”
“And I bet they won’t even care for the child.”
 
Minho couldn‘t stand it anymore. Sulli noticed him getting angry and grabbed onto his arm and whispered, “It’s okay Minho oppa, let’s just go home.” Minho looked into her sad eyes and saw that she was hurt by those ladies comments, and that was it. He couldn’t just let them talk about her anymore. He whispered a sorry to Sulli and strode over to where the woman were standing. 
 
“Excuse me?” Minho caught the attention of the two women but he didn’t give them time to respond, “I really don’t appreciate you guys talking about the mother of my child in that kind of way. Have you no decency? Yeah, we’re young but so what? That doesn’t matter if we’re willing to raise the child the best way we can with a lot of love and care so I would appreciate it if you would just stop with your rude comments and false accusations and find something better to do. Have a nice day.”
 
That was enough for Sulli to believe Minho was truly here to raise the baby with her and that he wouldn‘t leave.
 
Minho left the two ladies stunned and grabbed Sulli’s hand as they walked further down the sidewalk. “Oppa, you’re walking too fast,” Sulli managed to pant out. Minho realized he was, indeed, walking to fast and immediately felt bad. He sat her down on the nearest bench to rest. 
 
After she caught her breath, she spoke up, “Thank you for what you did back there, Minho. I couldn’t stand listening to them but I didn’t have the guts to stand up to them. I admire you for that.” Minho’s anger was completely gone now from hearing her words. He decided that right now was the perfect time, as Taeyeon was saying: 
 
“Just do it when the time is right.”
 
Minho grabbed Sulli’s hand tightly. Sulli looked at Minho with big eyes but responded by tightening her hand around his. She was about to say something but Minho spoke before she could.
 
“Sulli-ah, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have feelings for you from the first day I met you. I could never tell you because I didn’t want you to reject my feelings. You know how my parents never came back for me; I didn’t want to lose you either so I just decided to stay your friend. And then the whole Krystal thing happened and we became distant. I’m back now and I don’t want to be distant from you anymore. I don’t want to hide my feelings anymore.” 
 
Sulli was tearing up by now. Minho squeezed her hand tighter and continued. 
 
“I like you, Choi Sulli. And more than a best friend. I really like you. You’re all I have been thinking about and I was looking for you all this time and I finally found you. And now, I’m looking as this baby as a blessing in disguise; it has brought us together again and I don’t want to let you wander off, not this time. So, would you please be my girlfriend, Choi Sulli?”
 
Minho unlatched their hands and wiped her tears away. Once he was done, Minho was taken by surprised when Sulli hugged him.
 
“You don’t know how badly I’ve wanted to hear those words. Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend, Choi Minho.” 
 
Minho was so happy. He tightened the embrace and closed his eyes in contentment.
 
Choi Minho has finally made Choi Sulli his.
 
 
 
[an]: d'AWWWW.
THEY'RE FINALLY TOGETHER. ♥
i wanted to update before Christmas so this is my gift to all my lovely readers. 
thanks for reading ^^