1 More Month.

Unexpected Family

There is only one month left to go until the baby boy is due. Sulli has become more moody and has many more pains but Minho handles it to the best of his ability. She usually apologizes for her mood swings but he just smiles and tells her that she shouldn’t feel sorry; it’s not her fault, her body is out of the norm. Minho never wants her to blame herself for anything, ever.

The two have been visiting the doctor regularly and the baby, also Sulli, are healthy, thank god. Minho was always tense at every appointment because he just wanted them to be okay. And they were every time.

They have returned again for another appointment with another ultrasound. The smile that would spread across the pregnant girl’s face when she would see their baby on the monitor while the doctor was scanning her belly made Minho feel so warm on the inside. Seeing her happy made him even happier.

The sigh of relief he would let out when the doctor confirmed that the baby was healthy and so was Sulli, he was glad. If anything happened to them, he wouldn’t know what he would do. He and Sulli have gotten even closer these past few months. It had to be the bond of being soon-to-be parents that have made them so close. They do everything together; eat, sleep, watch tv, play video games, you name it, they do it. It usually has to do with Minho being over-protective but Sulli genuinely enjoys his company and care. She needs it because while she is pregnant, it is very hard to get around and do normal, daily things. When she tries too hard, her back and legs ache and Minho helps her sit down and he’ll finish whatever she was doing. He doesn’t like seeing her in pain so he does so much for her and she really appreciates it.

The two have often been spending time with Minho’s grandmother in hopes of finding the perfect apartment. After searching high and low in Seoul, they have finally settled on one that is equal in distance from their two colleges that they plan to re-attend in the near future. Taeyeon and Jinki, especially Hyeri, were sad to see them go but it’s what they needed to do. Minho and Sulli didn’t want to raise a baby in a home that wasn’t theirs; they want to raise the child up in a place that was their own. That way, the three could be a family even more, in their eyes.

After Minho’s grandmother finished all the paperwork for the apartment, she met with the young couple. Upon entering the coffee shop, she stood to greet them.

“Minho and Sulli-ah! Over here,” she waved them over and they bowed in respect.

“Grandma, I missed you!” Sulli hugged her to the best of her ability and grandmother only laughed.

“I saw you only a couple days ago, child!” She only continued to laugh as she hugged Sulli. Minho just smiled while watching them interact for a few minutes until his grandmother turned her attention to him. “Minho, Sulli’s a great girl, never give her up, understand?”

Sulli blushed and Minho pulled her close to him, “I understand, grandma.” She blushed even harder and he noticed so he decided to give her a peck on the cheek.

“How cute!” his grandmother exclaimed. “But now it’s time to get down to business, please take a seat.”

The couple complied and grandmother began talking to them about their apartment and how she is going to handle all of the payments until they can support themselves. Of course Minho tried to object but his grandmother won in the end, she always does. He then began to insist on paying her back one day and since she didn’t want to argue, she agreed to make him feel better.

Grandmother was looking in her purse for something until she finally fished it out, “Here you two are, you each get your own key to your new apartment and here, on this paper, is the address. I already had all of the furniture you two picked out taken there and set up. If you would like to change things around, be my guest. I also threw in something special.” The couple felt so grateful that she would do this for them. Sulli was on the verge of tears.

“Thank you grandma.. So much.” Minho caressed her hand as a couple tears dropped from Sulli’s eyes.

“My child, you don’t have to cry,” grandmother said as she tried to comfort her by rubbing her arm.

Sulli sniffled, “These are happy tears, grandma. I truly appreciate everything you have done for us.” Minho nodded with a sincere look on his face.

“I have all of this money and nothing to spend it on but now I do and I’m able to make you guys happy and I want that child to come into a happy world with no stress so I will be here for you guys for as long as I’m able.” Grandmother’s sincere words touched their hearts. She reached over and dried Sulli’s tears with a smile. “Now get out of here, you two! Your new home awaits!”

The couple looked at each other and smiled, they were excited to see the place and to find out what grandmother’s surprise was. “Okay grandma, we’ll call you later, okay?”

“Okay, have fun now!” As the couple left the shop, grandmother headed back to her hotel room and as she walked in the door, she received a call from an unknown number.

“Hello?”

“Hello there, Mother.”

Grandmother’s eyes widened. “Oh my, I haven’t heard from you in a while, son.”

“Well, I’ve never really had any reason to call before.”

“How disrespectful! You never call to see how your mother is doing, what kind of child did I raise?”

Minho’s father chuckled, “A very successful one.”

Grandmother scoffed, “You’re rotten. Why are you calling anyways?”

“Rotten but rich. But the reason I called is Minho.”

“Oh, your son whom you abandoned and never bothered to check up on all of these years?!”

“Woah oh oh, mother, let’s calm down. I’m in a whole other country. It’d be hard to try and be a father from another country and you love kids so that’s why I just left him with you.”

“He waited years for you and your wife to come back. Years. And you never showed up. How could you do that to your own child? Whatever you want with Minho, I’m not letting you near him.”

“But you will because he is my child,” his deep voice said sternly.

“I raised him, not you, so I am practically his parent!”

“Mother, there is a very important situation; I need to see Minho as soon as possible.” He sounded urgent.

Grandmother calmed down a little, “What’s the situation?”

He sighed, “It’s about the company.”

 

a/n: *waits for tomatoes to be thrown at me*

i'm a bad author, I know. I went missing for a while. 

There's just a lot of things going on at once and it's a lot. I also apologize for this short update but i wanted to add a little drama, y'know?

so there's gonna be some drama coming and it's gonna be fun! 

i work 25-20 hours a week and i have 17 hours a week of school so i'm always busy so please, bear with me.

but lately, i have been getting motivation for this fic so yay! i promise not to have you guys waiting months and months for the next update.

idk when i'll update next but you'll know when i pop up in your story updates ;D

until next time, Vanessa ♥

p.s if you wanna stalk me or anything, here is my tumblr and here is my twitter.