Congratulations.

Unexpected Family

 

Sulli was so excited. Today, she was going to find out the of her baby. She had grown fond of her baby bump; she felt like she loved her child already and it isn’t even fully developed yet! Watching Hyeri and observing Taeyeon’s motherly ways warmed Sulli’s heart and now, she couldn’t wait to be a mother herself.
 
It’s been 5 months now and she was glad that all of the vomiting and nauseating part of this pregnancy was over. Sulli had enough energy to look after Hyeri but she couldn’t do much else since she was feeling nauseous all the time. But now, her energy is coming back and she feels stronger. The only side effect: she was eating much more. As if she already didn’t eat a lot; now she ate even more! 
 
Her clothes were feeling tighter so she went out to buy some maternity clothes from the money she made from watching Hyeri. There was still 2 hours until her doctor’s appointment. Taeyeon had been helping Sulli with everything since she went through this also. She got her signed up at a clinic, took care of her when she was sick, and told her everything that she needs to know and what is to come.
 
The next step: buying new clothes. 
 
“What do you think of this one, Ssulbaby?” Taeyeon asked as she held up a red sweater with a cute design. Sulli opened in admiration, “Whoa! I didn’t know maternity clothes were cute too!” She giggled and took the sweater from Taeyeon’s hands and held it up to her and looked in the mirror, “Unnie, I like it. You have good taste.” 
 
Hyeri was watching her unnie and umma shop. She would be amused when Sulli reacted to the cute and ugly clothes. Sulli Unnie is funny. Sulli noticed her giggling and pinched her cheek lightly, “Yah, what are you laughing at, munchkin?” Sulli’s expression softened as she saw Hyeri laugh even louder, “I love you, unnie!” Sulli felt like she was going to melt like all of the other times this little girl had made her feel warm inside. 
 
I hope my child is as cute as you, Sulli said to herself as she patted Hyeri’s head, “Yeah, yeah, I love you too.” They both giggled and Taeyeon watched the cute scene. Letting Sulli stay was the right choice, Hyeri hasn’t been feeling lonely anymore. Hyeri looked up at her mom, “Umma, are you okay?” Taeyeon didn’t know that a single tear left her eye and she just bent down to hug her daughter, “I’m happy because you are happy.”
 
***
 
After a fun shopping day, it was finally time for Sulli’s ultrasound appointment. The anticipation was killing her. Was it a boy or a girl? She would be happy to have either one but she couldn’t help but to want a boy. Sulli shook her thoughts and followed the doctor to the ultrasound room with Taeyeon and Hyeri following close behind.
 
Sulli laid down where the doctor told her to and she said, “Please lift up your shirt and also pull your pants down slightly.” She did as she was told and laid back down. The doctor was now ready and began to speak, “You’re about to feel something cold right about.. now.” Sulli flinched as the cold gel spread across her belly but it soon felt soothing. Hyeri was just watching in amazement. She wanted to touch the gooey stuff, that’s what she named it in that moment, but she knew her mother would scold her so she just continued watching.
 
The doctor brought the ultrasound tool out and glided it across Sulli’s belly checking if everything is okay. They all watched the monitor and the doctor began to speak, “Your placenta is healthy, that’s good. The baby is growing properly in the uterus and its heartbeat is normal,” she smiles at Sulli, “I’m glad you are taking good care of yourself and the baby.” Sulli smiles back and her eyes shift back to the monitor. 
 
Suddenly, Taeyeon gasps loudly, “I can see a little leg!” She turns her head to the side, “Or it that an arm? Aish, these things are too hard to read.” Sulli giggles at her older cousin’s cuteness. The doctor is still focused on the screen, “That would be a leg, Mrs. Lee.” Taeyeon jumps up and grins triumphantly, “I was right!”
 
Hyeri tugs at her mom’s shirt, “Was I once like that, umma?” she asks while pointing at the screen. Taeyeon bent down and cupped both of her daughter’s cheeks, “Yes, you were Hyeri, but now you are bigger and are still growing!” Hyeri held up her arm in a way that would make her look like she would be showing off her muscles, “I’m going to be a big girl one day!” Everyone in the room giggled at Hyeri’s adorableness. This kid needs an award for being so darn cute, Sulli thought.
 
Sulli turns her attention back to the screen, feeling butterflies in her stomach. She pats her tummy, I’m glad you’re healthy, baby. The doctor suddenly gets excited and Sulli begins to question her, “Is the baby okay? Please let it be okay.. Were you lying to me before? So it isn’t okay? Wha--” 
 
“You’re baby is perfect, Sulli, but would you like to know the of your baby?”
 
Oh my gosh, this is it. I’m about to find out. Spazz, spazz, spazz. Okay Sulli, calm yourself. 
 
“Yes, I would love to know.” 
 
Taeyeon jumps up again, “Yes, yes! We would love to know!” Hyeri copies her mom and it makes everyone giggle once again. 
 
“Well, congratulations Sulli, you are having a baby boy.” 
 
***
 
It’s been a month since Minho had found out that Sulli dropped out of her university. She didn’t leave a trace; he couldn’t find a clue that would lead him to her. It was like she disappeared into thin air. Minho was still frustrated and he wanted to know why she disappeared all of a sudden. Krystal doesn’t know a thing either and that worries him. He needs answers but he needs to find Sulli first.
 
Minho was at the gym working out with his roommate, Chanyeol. They’ve gotten close in the short amount of time that they’ve been living together. Chanyeol was a weird one but Minho thought that him being weird is just plain ol’ Chanyeol. 
 
Chanyeol noticed Minho was off a little, he wasn’t working out as hard as he usually does and he wanted to know why, “Minho, you okay, hyung?” Minho stops his treadmill and sighs, “You noticed?” 
 
“I’ve been living with you for only about 3 months now but I can tell when you aren’t, well, you.” Chanyeol shrugged. Minho wiped his forehead with his towel and looks at Chanyeol, “I’m done for the day. Want to go get some smoothies? I thin--”
 
Chanyeol sprang up as soon as he heard ‘smoothies’, “Let’s go hyung!” and he drags Minho to the locker room so that they could change and wash up.
 
***
 
Sulli wasn’t going to lie; she was still scared. She was bringing another living being into this world in about 4 short months! It was going to be a baby boy, a beautiful baby boy. She still couldn’t believe it but she was happy. But, she felt like something was missing. And she knew what it was. 
 
Taeyeon sighs, “I get that, I do, but keeping him in the dark doesn’t help either. Besides, the kid needs a father.” 
 
Taeyeon was right. She didn’t want her baby, their baby, growing up without his father. But, how was she going to approach Minho about this? Sulli feels that either Minho will be furious about her keeping this a secret from him or he’ll be furious about the fact that he is going to be a father. Either way, he’ll be furious.
 
Sulli sighs and lays back onto her bed. She has settled in quite nicely at the Lee household. When her and Taeyeon told Jinki about her being pregnant, he wasn’t judgmental at all. He just began to tell Sulli a long story about how both of their parents were disgusted with Taeyeon and him so they ran away together to start their own lives. Sure, they were young but they loved each other so they tried their best for each other. Jinki was there for Taeyeon every step of the way and that must have felt nice. 
 
Sulli’s situation was a bit different. Unlike Jinki, Minho doesn’t know about any of this. Unlike Taeyeon and him, her and Minho weren’t already dating or in love. Sure, they were best friends but that’s different than being boyfriend/girlfriend. You don’t hear about best friends having a baby together; that’s just, not as common as the latter.
 
After thinking things over for a while, Sulli comes to a decision; she needs to talk to her best friend about this. Sulli wasn’t afraid to face Krystal about the whole situation anymore. They were best friends after all and what Sulli did wasn’t the best thing to do but she needed her and little did she know, Krystal needed her too.
 
***
 
Krystal hasn’t been her usual bubbly self ever since Sulli left. All of her friends noticed this also but whenever they questioned her about it, she just ignored them or said that it’s no big deal. Her friends were getting on her nerves now; she figures they are just being nosey to spread gossip around than actually feeling genuinely concerned for her.
 
The only friend Krystal had that actually did have genuine concern for her was Taemin. He sort of became her new best friend, even though Sulli could never be replaced. He was always there for her and made Krystal as happy as possible. He knew about Sulli disappearing and he assured Krystal that everything would be okay. 
 
Krystal was in her dorm. She had gotten a new roommate, Kang Ji Young. Before Jiyoung moved in, Krystal had to pack all of Sulli’s things to get it out of the way. She safely stored everything away in case Sulli does come back one day. It wouldn‘t be fair if Sulli didn‘t have any personal belongings when she came back, if she even does. The only thing Krystal kept unpacked was Sulli’s diary. After reading it once, it made Krystal feel happy. Some of the things Sulli wrote about Krystal warmed her heart and they were so sweet that Krystal still held onto the hope that her best friend would return.
 
Krystal’s roommate wasn’t there, she rarely was, and Krystal was glad about that. If she had a choice, she would be saving the other half of the room for Sulli, not for some random girl to move in to. Sulli had been on her mind a lot lately so she figured she would take a look at the diary again. She takes it out from the nightstand. 
 
Krystal starts to highlight the sweet things Sulli wrote down.
 
Today for my birthday, Krystal made me a giant, homemade chocolate chip cookie! Hehe~ Krystal is a great friend, I hope we are best friends forever so that she can make me more. ^^
 
That one tried to boss me around but Krystal was there to put her in her place. Krystal could be scary at times but she was an amazing friend.
 
Even though my Krystal loves to party, her heart in genuine. 
 
Ahh!~ Krystal and I went to prom last night! It was a great night and a great memory to add to the list and soon, we will be adding more memories.
 
Krystal keeps highlighting until her phone vibrates on her nightstand. Krystal scrunches her eyebrows together at the unknown number but decides to answer it anyway. “Hello?”
 
Krystal doesn’t hear anything on the other line. “Hellooo?” Krystal is about to hang up when she hears a familiar voice begin to speak, “Krystal?”
 
Her eyes widen, “I-Is that you, Ssul?” Krystal hears the person take a deep breath and say, “Yes, it’s me.” 
 
Krystal stands up in a swift motion, “Where are you?! Are you eating well?! Are you getting enough sleep?! Ar--”
 
Sulli cuts her concerned best friend off, “I’m fine, Krys. Calm down. I want to meet up actually.” Krystal smiles, “Good, because I miss you. And how could you leave like that?” 
 
“I will explain everything once we meet.” 
 
“Okay, fair enough. When and where?” 
 
Sulli ponders for a second, “Tomorrow, 10AM at Addis Ababa.”