Hoping For The Best.

Unexpected Family

 

Chanyeol and Krystal planned to meet up at Gusto Taco, a popular taco place in Hongdae. Little did he know, he single-handedly just picked out her favorite restaurant to eat at. Chanyeol stood by the entrance, kicking his right foot back and forth waiting for Krystal to arrive. She was not one to arrive on time and he was one who was typically early. 
 
Once Krystal arrived, she grinned and waved at the tall boy. He grinned back but tried to restrain from ‘over-grinning.’ He did that a lot and it wasn’t that attractive, others would say. But to him, it was one of his quirky charms. “This is like, my favorite place to eat! How’d you know?!” Krystal enthusiastically said.
 
Chanyeol blushed, “L-Lucky guess?” Krystal giggled and grabbed him by the arm, dragging him inside to eat. She was starving.
 
***
 
Minho and Sulli walked home silently while holding hands. It was a comfortable silence; Sulli felt happy and at peace. She was finally with the boy she had always had feelings for. Nothing could bring her down now. 
 
Minho noticed her smiling and gently nudged her shoulder with his, “Someone looks happy.” 
 
She turned her head to look at him and smiled even wider, “Well, I am.” 
 
He brought their linked hands up to his lips and gently kissed Sulli’s hand, “So am I.”
 
Sulli blushed from his actions but only gripped his hand tighter. I like being happy. I hope we stay like this. God, please, keep us happy.
 
They finally arrive home and Sulli gets out her key to unlock the door but Taeyeon was already looking out the window while they were walking towards the house so there was no need. Taeyeon flung the door open and grinned at the new couple.
 
“Are you guys…?” 
 
Minho grinned and nodded.
 
She squealed, “Good job, Minho. I’m guessing our little talk worked,” Taeyeon winked.
 
Minho glared at Taeyeon, “Noona!” She only smirked.
 
Sulli tilted her head to the side, “What talk...?” 
 
Minho smiled nervously, “Oh, it’s nothing, Ssul. Let’s go sit down so you can rest. Are you thirsty? I‘ll get you some water.” Minho didn’t want Sulli to see him as any less of a man for getting some advice from Taeyeon. Although he didn’t ask for the advice from her, it helped him out a lot.
 
Sulli just giggled at the nervous Minho, he was cute. “Here’s your water, Ssul.” Sulli took a healthy gulp as Taeyeon plopped down on the couch. 
 
“So, tell me everything. How’d this guy make you his, hmm?” Sulli almost choked on her water from Taeyeon being so blunt. Minho patted Sulli’s back gently as she coughed a couple times. 
 
Jinki entered the room rubbing his eyes, “What’s going on in here? I was trying to nap.” He put his glasses on as Taeyeon said, “Yeobo! Minho and Sulli are a couple now!” 
 
He looked at the two with a big smile, “Really?!”
 
Minho grabbed Sulli’s hand confidently and smiled, “Yes, really.” Sulli looked up at Jinki with rosy cheeks and nodded once.
 
“Aww, look at you two! Congrats!” 
 
Taeyeon was grinning at the couple and Jinki saw that as a warning sign. He wanted to get her away from them before she bombarded them with questions about every single detail of their day. “Hey yeobo, can you come help me with something?”
 
“Can’t you do it yourself, yeobo? I’m a little busy here.” Jinki sighed and chuckled. He proceeded to grab her by the arm and drag her out of there.
 
“Yah, what are you doing?!” Taeyeon looked at Jinki’s eyes and understood. 
 
She lowered her head, “I just wanted to know...” 
 
Jinki brought her head up with two fingers on her chin, “Just let the new couple be alone for now, yeobo. Let them figure everything out on their own. And plus, I miss you.” He gives her a quick peck and wraps his arms around her waist, “Let’s go on a date. We haven’t been on one in a while. Minho and Sulli can watch over Hyeri. It could be practice for the future. What do you say?” 
 
He flashed her a cheesy, hopeful grin. She couldn’t resist, “Okay yeobo. I’ll go tell them.” As Taeyeon turns to walk away, Jinki grabs her wrist, “Ah-ah-ah~ Not so fast. I’m going with you to make sure you only tell them that we’re going out and that you won’t interrogate them about their day.” 
 
Taeyeon’s face fell. Dammit, he knows me too well. 
 
***
 
After a long overdue night out together, Taeyeon and Jinki arrive home.
 
“Hey guys--” Taeyeon stopped mid-sentence at the sight in front of her. Hyeri was sleeping soundly in Minho’s arms with Sulli leaning on his shoulder with one arm intertwined with his. They look so cute.. I don’t want to wake them.
 
“Yeob--” 
 
“Shh!” Taeyeon shushed Jinki, “They’re sleeping let’s just go spend some more time alone.” She winked at him and he turned red. His wife quietly dragged him to their bedroom and closed the door with the sound of a lock clicking.
 
***
 
Sulli slowly opened her eyes to only be met with darkness. She began to silently panic due to her fear of the dark but realized her arm was wrapped around another’s. She calmed when she saw Minho and Hyeri next to her. 
 
“Minho-ah. Minho!” She began to lightly shake him and he stirred a bit, spitting out incoherencies. Sulli huffed and remembered a way to wake him up that works every time. She proceeded to lightly tickle the back of his knee and he woke up so fast, a giggling mess he was.
 
“Ssul, stop, AHA!” This was enough to wake up the sleeping Hyeri in his arms. She slowly blinked her eyes and climbed out of his arms and walked to her room as if she was a zombie. 
 
“How is that little girl not scared of the dark but I am?!” Sulli said in disbelief. 
 
“You’re just a scaredy cat, that’s why.” Minho giggled as she lightly punched his arm. “Come on, let’s go to bed.” He offered her his hand and helped her stand up. Minho led the way to their room with Sulli gripping tightly onto his shirt, following him closely. 
 
Once they arrived, Minho flicked on the lamp on the nightstand, Sulli let out a breath, “Yay for light!” Minho just had to smile, this adorable girl was his. Finally his. He wrapped his arms around her the best he could and lightly kissed her neck. Sulli shivered from his touch and fell back into his embrace, loving the feeling of having his arms around her.
 
“I’m happy that you’re mine,” Minho whispered softly into her ear and she blushed. The baby began to kick, Sulli thinks it’s from her increased heart rate. Minho felt even more happy, if that was even possible. He bent down to talk to her belly, “Hey little guy, you only have about 3 and a half months now and I can’t wait to meet you,” Minho paused and looked up into Sulli’s eyes, “We can’t wait to meet you.”
 
Sulli wanted to tear up from the affection she felt from Minho. It was sincere and not forced and that made her so happy. Minho stood back up and placed a gentle kiss on her lips, “Ready for bed?” She nodded and gave him a soft peck.
 
The clock on the nightstand flashed 2:25AM and Sulli was tired, even after that nap. She’s always tired. Carrying a baby in her belly takes her energy away, yet, her smile never fades. Minho carefully helped her into bed, “Do you need anything, Ssul?” 
 
“Hmm, water?” Minho nodded and left the room to go fetch her a glass. When he came back, she was already fast asleep. Minho smiled and drank the glass himself, not wanting to waste it. As he climbed into bed, he examined her face. She had slight bags under her eyes but that’s expected from being pregnant. Carrying him around must be exhausting, I wish I could help in some way.. Sulli began to softly snore and Minho took that as his cue to now go to sleep himself. He turned the lamp off and laid back down.
 
“Minnie?” Sulli softly said without opening her eyes. Minho looked over at her, “Are you okay, Sulli-ah?” 
 
She continued to talk with her eyes closed, “Yes, I just wanted to say goodnight and thank you,” she finally opened her eyes to look into his, “Just, thank you for taking all of this so well and being here. You’re the best.” 
 
Minho smiled and kissed her forehead. “No need to thank me, I’ll always be here for you, Ssul. Now get some rest.” She nodded lazily and proceeded to drift off into sleep mode.
 
***
 
Neoreul walkag ango~ Sulli scrunched her face up at the familiar sound and realized it was her phone ringing. She reached for it and answered without looking to see who it was, “Hello?” 
 
“Hi dear!” Sulli’s mother’s voice rang through the speaker. She immediately woke up.
 
“Oh, hi mother!” She said in a cheerful voice. Sulli has been calling them regularly, updating them with her life. Well, her made-up life. She couldn’t tell them the truth, she was too afraid. Her parents always expected the best out of her. They were great parents but she didn’t know how they’d react to how Sulli is actually living.
 
Minho grunted and began to slowly wake up, “Ssul--” She quickly put a hand over his mouth and he scrunched his eyebrows at her. She gave him a look and he saw she was on the phone and he quickly shut up. 
 
“I was wondering honey, are you coming to the Christmas dinner on Wednesday?” The Christmas dinner, oh no. I totally forgot about that. And it’s in … 3 days!
 
Minho noticed Sulli facial expression drop and mouthed, ‘What’s going on?’
 
Sulli hesitated a bit before she spoke, “Oh yeah! I would never miss it. It’s tradition.” She looked over at Minho. “Mom? Can I bring Minho?” 
 
Minho’s eyes widened after hearing that she was talking to her mother and that he was apparently going somewhere with Sulli to see her mom? Or both of her parents? He was confused, he would just have to wait until they hung up to ask questions.
 
“Of course he can come, he’s always welcome into our home.”
 
Sulli scoffed in her mind, I don’t think he will be after she finds out that he‘s the father of my baby. “Okay, great. Should I make my infamous cherry pie?” 
 
“That would be great. Would you please make two?”
 
“No problem mom, see you then. Love you. Bye.” Sulli hung up and let out a breath. 
 
Minho grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers, “What was that all about, Sulli-ah?” 
 
“The Christmas dinner, you know the one we have every year, it’s this Wednesday. I didn’t even realize that Christmas was so soon.” Sulli sighed, “We’re going to have to tell them, Minho. They’re going to see how I look anyway. My belly is big now, I can’t hide it.” 
 
Minho rubbed his thumb over her hand softly, “They are the grandparents, Ssul, they have a right to know. I know you’re scared but I’ll be there, right by your side.”
 
Sulli looked up into Minho’s eyes and she saw the sincerity in them. She believes everything will be okay as long as Minho is there with her. Sulli laid back down and sighed, “There’s no backing out now. Let’s hope for the best.” 
 
Minho laid back with her, “Everything will be okay. Let’s try to not think of the worst and hope for the best.”
 
Sulli laid her head on his chest and he began to play with her hair, “I’ll try Minho but you know those bad thoughts will be in the back of my mind.” 
 
Minho kissed the top of her head, “At least they won’t be in the front.”
 
 
 
 
[an]: omg, I'M SO SORRY.
i know there's no excuses but i was very sick and then 
i got a job and then i started school again and then i got sick, AGAIN, and now i am finally healed.
after not updating for so long, i feel really bad so i do really plan on updating more often.
i hope to aim for once a week or once every week and a half? since i do work and go to school now.
and i'm sorry if the story is boring guys, things are going to start happening soon so stay tuned!
 
and thank you, all 215 of you who read my story~ :3 you guys are the greatest. <3
please, enjoy this update and expect one in a week or a week and a half's time. (:
 
love, vanessa. ♥