Sports Banquet???

Unexpected Family

Two weeks have passed and what Minho’s grandmother told him wouldn’t leave his mind. He was anxious, anxious for when his father would show up because he had the gut feeling that he would. Sulli noticed the frown on his face and kissed his cheek. Minho jumped a little from the contact. “Oh, sorry Ssul, I was just blanking out a little bit.”

Sulli frowned and grabbed his face, “Are you okay? You’ve been making me feel worried these past couple of weeks...”

Minho put his hands on hers, “I’m fine, babe, just a little tired.” He didn’t want to tell her what was going on; he didn’t want to stress her further.

He gave her a chaste kiss on the lips and went to rest on the couch. Sulli didn’t think he was only just a little tired, she believed there was more to it but she just let it slide for now and sat down with him.

And then, a knock was heard at the door. Minho tensed up immediately. Sulli got up to answer the door, “Hm, I wonder who’s here?”

Her boyfriend’s eyes widened, “It’s okay, sit down Ssul and I’ll go get it.” He rushed to her side, sat her back down and made his way to the door and opened it.

“Choi!” An excited Chanyeol engulfed him in his arms and Minho’s tension was replaced with joy.

“Park!” He missed his old roommate dearly; they have a lot of catching up to do. Krystal came from behind the giant boy and waved quickly to Minho and rushed past to hug Sulli with all of her might.

“Choi Sulli, I have missed you so much! You’re so big now,” Krystal exclaimed.

Sulli giggled, she forgot that she talked to Krystal when they first got their apartment and she told her that she should visit soon but she didn’t think she’d come this soon but she didn’t mind it at all. The two boys came over after having a bromance moment.

“Sulli, this is Chanyeol, my old roommate, he’s the one who encouraged me to find you so you should thank him.”

Chanyeol blushed, “Oh, i-it was nothing! He just needed a little push.”

Sulli smiled and laughed, “I’m thankful for you Chanyeol, thank you, really. I’d probably be raising this baby alone if you hadn’t have did that.” She hugged him; Sulli was lover and she loved to express her emotions by hugging people. The tall boy was taken aback but hugged her back.

While hugging, Sulli said, “I like this guy Krystal and from what you told me, I believe that he really is a nice guy.”

Chanyeol smiled cockily at Krystal, “Oh, so you talk about me?”

She scoffed, “Calm down, you giant elf. You aren’t that great.”

“Okay, okay enough of that, I’m getting jealous,” Minho said playfully as he separated the hugging pair.

“I’m glad that you have found a best friend while I couldn’t be there for you,” Sulli smiled.

Chanyeol and Krystal did try to date for a couple weeks but they realized that they only wanted to be friends and they have been tight ever since.

“You’ll always be my number one though, Choi Sulli.” Krystal kissed her best friend on the cheek and smiled her rare, yet beautiful, smile.

The doorbell rang again. Who could that be now?

“Who is it, Minho? The only people who know we live here are with us but also grandmother, my parents, and Taeyeon’s family but I doubt they’d be here since they don’t live in Seoul,” Sulli questioned with a pout.

“Minho patted her shoulder, I’ll go see, Sulli-ah.” He took a deep breath and approached the door and opened it slightly. He saw a man in a black suit who bowed to greet him. He bowed back but quickly asked, “Who are you?”

The man cleared his throat, “I am Mr. Choi’s secretary, and your father requests your presence for dinner this evening.” He brought an envelope out of his pocket and handed it to the young man. Minho hesitantly took it and bowed as the secretary bowed to him and left.

Sulli came from behind him and saw the man disappear into the elevator, “Who was that, Minho? He looked fancy.” She blinked her eyes filled with curiosity at him. He wanted to make up an excuse, but what could he possibly say?

Minho let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding and responded, “It was one of my school’s workers from the sports department. And this,” he raised the envelope up, “is an invitation to the sports banquet tonight.” Please buy it, please.

Sulli smiled, “That’s so great, babe! It’s nice that they included you in it even though you won’t be returning yet. I’m happy because I still blame myself since you had to give up soccer for me…” Her smile faded.

His heart ached, he wanted to tell her the truth but he couldn’t, he didn’t want to get her involved with his own problems. “Don’t blame yourself, Sulli-ah.” He kissed her head sweetly. “Now, let’s get back to our guests, we kind of abandoned them.” The pregnant girl couldn’t help but giggle.

“Okay, let’s get back,” she intertwined her fingers with his and they went back to talking and just having a good time with their friends. Although Minho was smiling on the outside, he was so anxious about tonight. He was going to meet his father, and he never thought he would.

He only had hate for that man but there was a tiny part of him that wanted to know what kind of man he was besides a workaholic. He will find out tonight.

***

Minho figured it would be fancy so he dressed as nice as possible. Sulli whistled when he was done getting ready, “Well, hello there,” she winked at him which caused them both to laugh.

“You’ll be okay by yourself, right Ssul?”

Sulli sighed, “You’ve asked that like a million times already, I’m not helpless, I’m just…not as agile as I normally would be. So, don’t worry about me and have a good time tonight.” She fixed his tie and gave him a kiss. “We’ll be waiting for you to come back, right son?” She looked down at her large stomach and patted it a few times while smiling.

Minho kissed her stomach and her lips. “Get some rest tonight; I know it’s hard because of him but just try to rest. We have about 2 weeks to go now, I’m really excited, Sulli-ah.”

She smiled wide, “I feel a little scared, I’m not going to lie but I feel like we’ll be okay if we have each other.” She embraced him and he kissed the top of her head.

“I got to go now, babe. See you later tonight.” He kissed her one last time and made his way downstairs. As he exited the apartment building, there was a sleek, black car waiting for him. Once the chauffeur saw him coming, he got out to open the door for him. He bowed and Minho did the same.

While he was in the car waiting to arrive to his destination, so many thoughts were running through his mind. How he had to tell his father that he can’t leave because he is going to be a father soon and how his father was going to feel about that; he was nervous because he has never spoken to this man before in his life.

Once the car stopped fully and they were parked, he knew they had arrived to their destination. The driver came out to open his door and there was his father’s secretary to greet him.

“Hello, your father is waiting for you, please follow me.” Minho followed him into this expensive looking building; it had to be about 50 stories high. He felt so small approaching the entrance, “Right this way.” The secretary motioned for him to get into the elevator and he punched in the 33rd floor.

While inside the elevator, Minho could hear his heart pounding against his chest and he wondered if the other man could hear it.

Ding.

“It is just through this door.” This door didn’t look like any ordinary door, it looked like it was completely made of glass and diamonds and gold; it was an amazing door, Minho thought. If just a door could fascinate me, I wonder what the inside looks like.

And he got to see it within the next second, it was a spectacular sight; mini chandeliers above every table, gold t along the walls, beautiful people sitting at a few tables and a few private booths off to the side, this place was just stunning. Minho had to pick his jaw up off of the floor and he continued to follow the secretary.

The greeter and secretary chatted for less than a minute and he began to walk again, towards the private booths.

“This is the one, have a nice dinner.” With that, the secretary bowed and left Minho alone in front of the sliding door that leads to his father; the father who he really wanted to meet as a small child but learned to hate instead for not being there. How will this dinner go? Minho took a deep breath and slid the door open.

There the man was sitting, Minho felt anger after finally being able to meet him face to face. The elder man smiled, “Welcome, son. Please sit.”

Minho didn’t say anything and just sat down.

“So, how are you doing?” His father asked nonchalantly.

Minho scoffed, “You’ve never cared how I was before so why care now?”

His father chuckled, “Look, I’m not here to have bitter feelings but I had my reasons for not being able to be there but I can be here now. Come back to New York with me, son.

“You think you could take me back to another country with you? A complete stranger? I’m not going.”

“It’s time for you to take over Choi Enterprises so you will be coming back with me, your father, not some complete stranger.”

Minho felt him getting angrier, “To me, you are a complete stranger and I’m not going, that’s that.”

His father chuckled once again, “Your grandmother warned me that you would react like this, which is why I’ve prepared special arrangements if your rejections persist.”

“Special arrangements?”

“You’ll see if you continue to act this way. Just come back to New York with me, son. Come live with your mother and I. We have more money that you could ever dream of and it’ll be all yours.”

Minho scoffed, “You think you could bribe me with money? I don’t think so, ‘father.’”

His father rubbed his forehead in frustration. “It seems like this will go on forever.” He pulled out his phone and began to call someone.

Minho saw this as a good time to leave, “Since you know that I will not be going back with you, I’m go--”

“Send them in,” came from his father’s mouth and two men that looked like bodyguards showed up and grabbed Minho.

“Hey, get off of me!” He struggled to get out of the guards’ grip but it was no use. What happened next was all a blur, for he was injected with a drug to make me him fall asleep and everything became black.

***

Sulli tossed and turned in bed, she couldn’t really sleep that well without Minho by her side. She glanced at the clock. “Midnight already? It’s really late now… He said he would be back around 10PM…” Sulli began to worry so he tried to call him.

It went straight to voicemail, dammit.

“I’ll try to call Chanyeol, they were teammates so he should be there too.”

After two rings, he answered.

“Hello?” he slurred out.

“Chanyeol! Do you happen to be with Minho right now? I know you guys had your sports banquet tonight.”

This causes Chanyeol to sit up, “What sports banquet? We hold those only during summertime.”

Sulli could swear that she felt her heart stop, “R-really? T-then-n…where is he?”

Shuffling could be heard in the background, “Hold on, Sulli, I’ll be there as soon as possible.”

Sulli nodded even though the boy couldn’t see her and the line went dead.

 

***

 

[a/n] : ANGST ANGST ANGST. gotta love it right? ;) 

but seriously OMG 499 SUBSCRIBERS, ARE YOU SERIOUS.

YOU ALL ARE AMAZING. and thank you for leaving more thought-out comments on the last chapter ♥

i love when you guys have thoughts about a chapter, it's awesome.

but i have work in about 5 hours (cries) so i must sleep now or i'll be dead.

goodnight my lovely readers~♥

(ps. i started a chanlli [chanyeol + sulli] fanfic so please subscribe if you enjoy that couple ^^]