Let Me Explain.

Unexpected Family

 

Jacket? Check.
 
Wallet? Check.
 
Address? Check.
 
Am I ready? Umm, not check.
 
Minho was all set to go see Sulli but he wasn’t really ready to face her. He didn’t know what to expect. He was nervous but he decides to it up since he is, at least, able to see her again. 
 
Finally deciding to go see Sulli, Chanyeol speaks up, “Leaving now, finally?” putting the emphasis on finally. Minho chuckles and nods. Chanyeol gets up from his bed and puts his hand on Minho’s shoulder, he begins to fake cry, “This feels like I’m sending my kid off to get married, this is beautiful.” Minho sends him a slight glare, “But on a more serious note, good luck and don’t come back with bad news or you can’t come back in the room!” 
 
He then pushes Minho out of the door, waves, and slams it in his face. Minho scoffs, “That guy is such a--” Chanyeol opens up the door, “I’m such a what?” Minho smiles, “such a good friend.” Chanyeol scoffs, “Yeah, I bet that was what you were thinking. You better get a move on! Time is of the essence!” 
 
“You’re such a dork sometimes, Park.” Chanyeol grins with that creepy smile and nods, “Yes. Yes I am.” Minho smiles and shakes his head, “Weirdo. Well, I’m going now. Wish me luck?” Chanyeol nods with a smile and waves as Minho walks down the hall, on his way to go see the girl he‘s been searching for.
 
718. Minho boards his bus with his backpack and finds a seat in the back by the window. Since it was going to be about a 95 minute bus ride, he looks through his backpack to make sure he has everything and comes across Sulli’s bracelet that he had found in the bed that night.
 
Minho has planned to reveal his true feelings to her today and return the bracelet to her; he had his mind set on doing that. He really hoped the address Krystal had given him was right, if not, he’d be crushed. 
Trusting that the address was correct, he squeezes Sulli’s bracelet in his hand and slowly drifts off, taking a small nap to calm his nerves before he faces her.
 
*** 
 
“Taeyeon unnie! I will be just fine by myself, I’m not fragile and I just want to go alone.” Sulli explains to Taeyeon. She wanted to go on a walk by herself but her unnie was worried for her. “I promise that I’ll come back in one piece, I just want some time to myself, okay?” Taeyeon surrenders with a nod and Sulli grabs a sweater and walks out of the door.
 
The sun was out and it wasn’t all that cold but Sulli liked to be warm at all times. One time when she was a child, she wandered off from her parents and went to play in the snow by herself and she fell through a ditch and she was freezing and so scared. After that, she never liked the snow and always tried to keep herself warm.
 
Sulli comes across a park and sees a bunch of little kids playing with each other. The sight made her feel happy, one day she would be able to watch her own son play and smile with other little kids. She decides to sit down on the bench and observe the adorable scene in front of her.
 
***
 
Minho arrives to Incheon and waves down a taxi. “Please bring me to this address.” He shows him the napkin with the address written on it and the driver nods and takes off. Minho takes a deep breath, I’m so close to seeing her. I don’t know if I can handle these nerves. Minho shakes his head and squints his eyes, Be a man! You can do this. Stay calm and just calmly confess to her and everything will be good. Minho finally garnering up the utmost courage to face Sulli, looks out of the window anticipating his arrival.
 
“This is the place,” The driver says as they pull up to a small neighborhood. Minho looks out of the window and nods and gets out of the taxi. He hands the driver the money and the man drives off.
 
“This is it, Choi Minho, hwaiting!” 
 
He makes his way to the address written on the napkin. As he approaches, he sees a young woman watering the grass and a little girl sitting on the porch, enticed in her coloring book. Uhhh, is this the right place? He looks down at the napkin and back up to the house. It is but I wonder if Sulli is actually living here. 
 
Minho sighs, This must not be it. Well, I tried. As he turns to leave, Hyeri looks up from her coloring book at him. She sets down her crayon and coloring book and runs over to the young man and tugs on his shirt. “Excuse me, mister.”
 
Minho turns around and looks down at the adorable little girl in front of him. He bends down to her level and smiles, “And who might this little cutie be?” The little girl blushes, “I’m Lee Hyeri but you can just call me Hyeri!” Minho giggles and introduces himself, “I’m Choi Minho but you can just call me Minho.” He winks at her and her face turns a bright red. 
 
“I’ll call you Minho oppa!” Hyeri remembers hearing that name from conversations Sulli unnie and her umma would have. Taeyeon looks over and sees Hyeri talking to a stranger and she drops her hose and rushes over to her daughter while she is in the middle of a sentence. “Minho oppa, do you know--” 
 
“Lee Hyeri! What have I told you about not talking to strangers?” Taeyeon scolds her daughter and looks up at Minho, “Is there anything I could help you with?” Hyeri begins to whine, “I was talking to Minho oppa, ummmaaa~ I like him!” Minho..? Could it be?.. Taeyeon looks up at him with wide eyes.
 
Minho giggles and looks at Taeyeon, “I’m sorry if I am disturbing you but I was wondering.. is there a Choi Sulli living here?” Taeyeon blinks a few times and finally answers, “Y-Yes! She does live here but she went out for a walk. Would you like to come inside?” Minho nods and thanks her. 
 
“Ahh! Minho oppa. Sulli unnie talks about you all the time. Like about how you’re the fa--” Taeyeon covers her daughter’s mouth and smiles nervously at Minho, he just smiles back.
 
“Please, come inside.” Taeyeon turns off the hose and Hyeri goes to clean up her crayons on the porch. Once inside the house, Taeyeon offers Minho a drink and he gladly takes it since his throat was dry from being so nervous earlier. Hyeri goes off to bed for a nap, hoping to dream about the beautiful Choi Minho.
 
The doorknob begins to rattle and Minho begins to get nervous once again but when the door opens, a man in a suit enters. He spots Minho and walks over to him, “Ah! I didn’t know we were going to have a guest over. Hello, who might you be?” 
 
Minho stands and bows, “I’m Choi Minho, sir. I’m here to see Sulli.” Jinki looks over at his wife and she just nods to confirm the question he had asked her telepathically. “Well, welcome to our home, I hope you are finding your visit comfortable.” Minho smiles and nods, “Thanks sir, I am.” 
 
Jinki’s face scrunches up, “What’s up with you kids and calling me sir? I’m not an old man, just call me Jinki.” He smiles and shakes Minho’s hand. “Sorry si-- I mean, Jinki.” He chuckles, “It’s okay, Minho.” 
 
Jinki turns to Taeyeon, “Where is Sulli, dear?”
 
At that exact moment, the door opens and Sulli enters. “I’m back, Unnie! I told you I’d be fin--” She stops in her tracks as soon as she spots who’s on the couch. Her instinct was to immediately cover her stomach so she did so. “M-Minho!” 
 
His eyes travel to her stomach and they widen. “S-S--” Minho continues to stutter. Even though Sulli was covering her stomach with her arms, you could still clearly see that she was, indeed, pregnant. 
 
The thick air was beginning to become too much to bear, Jinki and Taeyeon decide to both speak up, “I think you guys should talk.” They each grab one and lead them to Sulli’s room and shut the door. Jinki yells from the other side of the door, “Don’t come out until you both figure things out!” With that, Taeyeon and Jinki leave the two alone to talk.
 
Sulli sits on her bed while Minho stands by the door with a lost expression on his face. Sulli decides to speak first, “Minho, H-How did you find me?” Minho looks at her and begins to pour everything out, “You just left after that night. Disappeared. I’ve been looking for you, Ssul. How could you just disappear like that? AND dropping out of college, that’s just not you.” His eyes travel to her stomach, “And that,” he points, “what is that?”
 
Sulli lowers her head and gulps, “It’s a baby..” Minho begins to get frustrated, “I know what it is! You got yourself pregnant too, Sulli? That just isn’t like you! I’m disappointed..”
 
Minho continues to go on about everything wrong that Sulli has done and she feels herself beginning to get emotional and she speaks up, “Well, you should be disappointed in yourself!” This shuts him up. “W-What do you mean?” Sulli takes a deep breath and stands, “Just let me explain everything to you, please. Yelling at each other won’t solve anything.” 
 
Minho calms down a little bit and she gestures for him to sit down on the bed. He complies and she begins to explain everything to him from the very beginning. 
 
 
*****
 
sorry guys for the short update! >.< i felt like i should get something out there before i go to sleep~
and we all love cliffhangers, right? :) 
i'm almost at 70 subbies and i'm so happy~ i ♥ you all.
please keep supporting me & my fanfic and i'll keep writing for you. ;D
until next time, byeee~