Merry Christmas.

Unexpected Family
As Sulli slowly opened her eyes, her vision was still blurred when she saw two figures beside her. Minho let out the breath he was holding and gently her cheek with his free hand, the other holding hers. “Sulli-ah, you had me so worried.” As her vision became clearer, the figure next to Minho was clarified as her mother. 
 
Sulli froze.
 
She was still so nervous about telling her parents the news. She doesn’t want them to judge her but accept the baby and Minho. Her mother sensed her tenseness and smiled at her for comfort. The elder woman didn’t want her daughter to worry.
 
“You’re lucky I’m a nurse, Sulli-ah. Saved us a trip to the hospital with all my gadgets and medicines laying around everywhere. And don’t worry, the baby is safe.” The mother flashed her daughter a smile and Sulli felt less nervous. Does this mean she isn’t angry…?
 
“I’m not angry, honey. If I were going to be angry, the reason being that you didn’t tell me sooner.”
 
Sulli was now confused and Minho just held her hand as her mother spoke to her.
 
“But mom, I remember how angry you guys were when you found out Taeyeon unnie was pregnant and shunned her. I expected the same for me..” Her voice was soft with a hint of wonder.
 
“Yes, I know. But, I guess things are just different when it happens to your own child. I wouldn‘t want to banish you because I love you and you‘re the only child I have.” She smiled softly at her daughter who was close to tears. 
 
“I love you too, mom. But, what about dad?” As if on cue, her father entered the room. His expression was unreadable, mouth in a straight line. Sulli wanted to sit up to talk to him so her boyfriend helped her without making her dizzy.
 
“Dad…”
 
“I am very disappointed with you, Choi Sulli. Baby after marriage, we’ve drilled that into your mind all these years. You were such a good child. Where did we go wrong?” Sulli could feel her eyes gathering water.
 
“Have you actually been going to school or were all of what you told us stories? And Minho, I assume you are the father, correct?” Minho simply nodded, his face was strong. He was trying to be strong for both him and Sulli. This was what he didn’t want, Sulli being yelled at. She has a fragile soul. 
 
“I expected better from you also, Minho. I mean, I could have seen this happening one day but not this soon!”
 
Sulli choked back her tears to speak, “This was not Minho’s fault, father. It was all mine so please, don’t yell at him. Please.” Her voice was so sincere, so desperate. Minho stared at her with his round eyes full of worry, she didn‘t need to defend him but she was and his heart swelled from her words. 
 
“Stop having a stick up your , they are willing to take care of this child when it comes into this world and I believe in them and you should too,” Minho’s grandmother says to Sulli’s father, her voice stern.
 
“But they are just kids. They need to go to school, get a career, then thoughts of marriage and children comes last,” Her father had strong beliefs of how life should go and he was not going to let go of them.
 
“Well---”
 
“Please stop arguing and let me explain, please.” Everyone’s attention turned to Sulli and she took a deep breath. “When I first found out that I was pregnant, I planned on not telling Minho because I didn’t want him to throw away his scholarship for soccer and risking mine was better than risking both. I talked with the school and they have my scholarship on hold until I am ready to come back, which I plan to be this upcoming fall semester. Minho also was able to have his put on hold as well for being a star athlete. We currently are living with Taeyeon and she has been paying me to watch her daughter. Minho plans on looking for a job soon. I visit the doctor regularly and the baby is healthy and I am too. See? Everything isn’t totally ruined, dad. Life was just put on hold for this moment in time.”
 
The elder man’s face lost its tension and he sighed, “I’m glad you two are being responsible but you becoming pregnant was very irresponsible of you, Sulli. But, I’ll accept it but only if you guys will marry later on.”
 
The young couple looked at each other with a smile, their cheeks tinted with pink from the thought of marriage. They both nod to her father and Sulli’s mother claps her hands together.
 
“Now, who’s ready to eat?”
 
The dinner went by much smoother after getting the pregnant situation out of the way. Sulli’s mom was excited, asking her daughter all of these different questions: How far along are you? What is the gender of the baby? How is Taeyeon, by the way? And the questions go on and on. Sulli was enjoying herself though, happy to be with her family again and mostly, from their acceptance. 
 
Minho was happy to be with his grandmother, she was always so happy and it filled him with warmth. She had to be the most caring human being out there. She even offered to buy an apartment for the couple in Seoul, so that they could be in the same city as their schools, preferably one the same distance away from both. 
 
The young, happy couple was excited, they truly were going to do this, together. 
 
***
 
“You two better come visit when you are free!” Sulli’s mother shouted at them as they got into the car Jinki lent him.
 
“Of course, mom.” Sulli beamed and waved goodbye to her parents. 
 
“Visit me too or I’ll kick you in the leg, Minho,” his grandmother said with a laugh.
 
“No such violence will be needed, grandma. I’ll call you, ok?” She simply nodded and waved at the two as Minho drove off, Sulli’s hand in his.
 
As the couple was driving along the freeway, Sulli turned from looking outside the window to look at Minho. He’s so perfect. I’m glad he’s mine. After a while of staring, Minho glanced over and Sulli’s eyes widened and she pretended she was asleep. Minho lightly chuckled to himself. She’s so cute.
 
He focused but on the road and Sulli slowly opened one of her eyes and Minho caught her. “Admiring my beautiful face, are we?” 
 
Sulli scoffed and lightly smacked his arm, “I was sleeping actually and I happened to just wake up when you looked over.”
 
“I do believe in perfect timing, Ssul, but come on, that was very perfect timing. It’s okay, you can stare at this face as long as you want, I won’t charge you.” Minho laughs obnoxiously as Sulli glares at him. She turns back to look out the window and ignores Minho the rest of the way.
 
***
 
As they arrive back at the Lee household, Minho tries to get Sulli’s attention but she is still ignoring him. “Sulli-ahhh~ Stop ignoring me.” He pouts but she just ignores him with a frown even though she is smiling on the inside. It’s fun to play with him, she thinks.
 
All of a sudden, someone in a Santa suit bursts out of the door and on their way to the car, they trip and fall on their face. Yeah, that had to be Jinki.
 
“You alright there, old man?” Sulli chuckles from the passenger seat of the car. Jinki looks up and straightens his hat on his head and stands up, “Ha ha, very funny, Miss Sulli.” He goes to her side and helps her out of the car since she refused to let Minho help her which resulted in more pouting from the young man, or should I say, boy. 
 
“Wipe that frown off your face because we have presents in the house!” Jinki was ever so cheerful and lead the way into the house. 
 
“Unnie! Oppa! Here ya go!” Hyeri excitedly hands each one a gift. 
 
“Hurry and open them, I want to see the expression on your face! And they better be smiles because I didn’t have to get you guys anything.” Taeyeon says with a smile.
 
“I wanna go first!” Sulli excitedly says and she opens her small gift with anticipation. 
 
It was a shiny barrette, with pink diamonds. She quickly noticed that it was the one she was looking at in a store the last time they went shopping. Sulli made quick work of fastening it into her hair, “Thanks so much, I love it. But, how does it look?” She turns her head to the side and smiles.
 
“Beautiful, Ssul,” said her boyfriend. She smiled and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Minho grinned, “I knew that would work, now you’re not ignoring me!” 
 
Sulli scoffs and wipes the cheek she left her kiss on, “I take it back.”
 
Minho pouts, “But you really are beautiful.”
 
“Yeah, yeah now open your gift.”
 
Minho complies and opens his box to find a red scarf, his favorite color. He puts it on with a grin, “Thanks guys!” He rubs his cheek against it and he finds it to be super soft. 
 
He loves it.
 
“Okay great, now can you tell us everything that happened, Ssul?” Taeyeon asked with hungry eyes. She is such a good detective, that should be her career, Sulli thought. 
 
***
 
After explaining everything to the Lee’s, the couple make their way back to their room. Sulli goes to her nightstand and reaches inside for a box. Minho go to his clothes’ drawer a pulls out a box. They both turn around at the same time and see a box in each other their hands and both break out into a fit of giggles. 
 
Sulli sits down on the bed as Minho does the same. He hands her the box, “Merry Christmas.” She does the same, “Same to you, Minho-ah.”
“Open yours first, babe.” Minho says and Sulli nods. She opens the box to find a bracelet with a bunch of diamond hearts surrounding it. Sulli is taken aback by it’s beauty and it looks expensive. She won’t ask how much it cost because she knows Minho wouldn’t like that. “Here, let me put it on for you.”
 
As he is fastening the latch, he begins to speak, “Sulli-ah, I know we haven’t been together long but I’ve had these feelings for as long as I can remember. I will always be here for you. This bracelet symbolizes my promise to always be here for you and stay by your side, no matter what.”
 
Sulli didn’t notice she was crying until Minho wiped her tears away and gently connected their lips. It was a soft kiss, filled with love. Sulli smiled into it which caused Minho to do the same. 
 
“Thank you, Minho. You really are my knight in shining armor.” 
 
“And I always will be.”
 
Sulli’s heart was swelling from all the fluffiness that she needed a distraction to calm it down. “Open yours now, oppa.”
 
Minho does so and inside his box is a chain with a flat silver heart. He sees that there is some writing on the back. 
 
Sulli ♥ Minho
 
She is smiling as he looks up at her, “Do you like it..?” Please like it. Please.
 
A smile simply breaks out on his face as he puts it on. “I love it, Ssul. Thank you.”
 
Sulli wonders if having all of these emotions right now is affecting the baby and she gets her answer when the baby starts kicking.
 
“He’s happy, Minho.” She brings his hand to lay on her stomach as he feels the baby kick.
 
“Yes he is. And so am I.” Minho lightly brings their lips together again.
 
When they part, Sulli grins and simply says, “Merry Christmas.”
 
 
 
[a/n]: yay for fluff. i swear, i thought my heart was going to explode from all of that.
but i am now finished with school and i recently got over another flu, omg im sick too much.
BUT, no more school means more updates! :D amen to that.
see you soon! xoxo.