Boy Meets Girl.

Unexpected Family

Watching the trees pass by, Minho is anxious as to how his new life will be like. He is going to be a father. The father of Sulli’s child. His best friend. Reality hits him, and it hits him hard.

He never planned for this to happen but life works in mysterious ways. Many things are out of your control and you just got to go with it and make the best out of it.

Minho, without his actual parents being there, plans to be there for his child always, unlike them.

His parents were big-shots in the business industry with Choi Enterprises. Of course, they never told him that themselves. Instead, his grandmother told him about his parents, that was the only way he could learn about them.

When Minho was a baby, his parents were too into their work to take care of him so they gave him to his grandmother to raise. They haven’t returned since. Every holiday was spent with his grandmother; no aunts and uncles, no cousins, no siblings. He was always alone or with his grandmother and he was a sad little boy. He was too obsessed with meeting his parents to make friends so only his grandmother was there for every one of his birthdays. He also flunked 3rd grade because he refused to go to school. He said he had to wait at home for his parents to come back. That was a waste of a year.

Then one Christmas Day, when he was 9, he was waiting for his parents to return while looking out the window but no one came. It only began to snow. Watching the snow fall, his heart fell just like the snow was. He didn’t want to feel the pain of being unwanted anymore. That was the day when Choi Minho gave up on meeting his parents and turned his longing for them into hatred. They would never want to meet him so why should he want to meet them? Just like the snow, his heart became cold towards his parents.

From then on, Minho began to make friends since his heart was now fully open to everyone else. He began to feel happy for once in his life. From opening up, he got to meet Sulli.

The two met in middle school. Sulli was being bullied for being taller than all of the other girls and 3 boys surrounded her and kept calling her horrible names. Sulli was a sensitive soul, she couldn’t take it but she didn’t want to fight back. As Minho was walking by, minding his own business, he overheard the boys shouting at her, calling her names.

“Giant!”

“You’re taller than most of the boys here!”

“No boy would want an ugly giant as a girlfriend.”

“You’ll never be as pretty as the other girls!”

“Ugly giant.”

The boys laugh while Sulli just stands there, crying silently.

“Aww, look guys, the ugly giant is cry--”

The boy was cut off by Minho punching him in the mouth. He fell to the ground and Sulli was shocked. Minho rolled his eyes and huffed, “That ought to shut you up.” The boy whimpered while holding his bloody mouth.

Minho shot glares at the other boys and they grabbed their bleeding friend and quickly ran off. Minho scoffed, Scumbags. When they were gone, he turned his attention to the crying girl next to him. “Hey, are you okay?”

Sulli wouldn’t look up. She felt ugly, just like the boys were telling her. She believed every word they said. No boy would like a tall girl that’s ugly like me, she thought. She didn’t want to scare away the boy that just helped her with her ugliness. Her thoughts were interrupted when the boy spoke, “Why won’t you look at me? Don’t believe what those boys were saying. They are just punks.”

She was touched by his sincerity but continued to only stare at his sneakers. Suddenly, she felt fingers underneath her chin. Her face was begin pulled up by the boy. Their eyes met.

Minho was taken aback. This girl was beautiful. He couldn’t believe those punks would make her feel like she is ugly. Sulli sniffled, “Sorry that my ugliness has made you speechless..”

He couldn’t believe she just said that. “No, I was stunned by your pretty face. You aren’t any of what those boys called you. Don’t believe them. You are the complete opposite.”

Sulli began to feel warm inside. Someone said she was pretty for the first time. It felt nice. “Y-You really think so?”

Minho smiled and her cheeks turned pink, “I know so.”

Sulli felt the urge to hug him so she did. It felt good to hug someone taller than her for once. Sure, she hugged her parents but she wanted to be shorter than someone her age. This boy seemed around her age and she wasn’t taller for once, it felt so nice. Minho felt something warm in his stomach and immediately hugged her back.

It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship that soon turned into a crush, on both sides.
But being shy with their feelings, no one would be able to confess to the other.

After the bullying incident, Minho felt like he had to protect Sulli so he went with her everywhere, being a friend and silently watching over her also. Her parents became fond of Minho and teased the two on how someday they would get married. Both turned red, of course, but denied they would.

About year later, both befriended Krystal, the Korean-American transfer student, and the 3 became inseparable.

***

They arrived at the Lee’s house which brought Minho back to reality. As Jinki pulls into the driveway, Minho lets out a breath, I guess this is it. Everything changes now. Hello to my new life.

Hyeri hears a car outside and springs to her feet and runs outside to hug Minho. He immediately picks her up and spins her around, “Oppa! I heard you are going to be living with us! I’m so happy!” She squealed as Minho set her down and gently ruffled her hair, “You’re just so cute, Hyeri.”

She grins, “All of my aunties say I get it from my mom but she doesn’t like it when people say that.” Minho nods, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Taeyeon comes outside and greets her husband first with a kiss and then goes over to Minho, “Hyeri was up so early this morning. She couldn’t wait for you to get here.” Hyeri turns red, “Umma!”

Taeyeon giggles at her daughter and pats her head, “It’s okay Hyeri, you’re too young for Minho so only see him as an oppa, okay?” Hyeri turns even redder, “UMMA!”

Minho just laughs at the mother-daughter scene in front of him. He goes to the trunk of the car to get Sulli’s things as Taeyeon explains to him that he has to stay with Sulli in her room since that was the only guest room they had. He says it’s fine and he was secretly excited about sharing a room with Sulli.

When he reaches the room, he knocks. He hears Sulli yell “Just a minute!” and begins to hear her moving around the room. He wonders what she is doing while she’s pregnant like that. Shouldn’t be not be able to do much? “Come in now!”

He enters and looks around the room. It was different than when he was last here. Sulli put all of her stuff closer together and created space for him. There were empty open drawers and half of the closet was empty. Sulli had made space for Minho to move in and he felt warm inside from her actions. She is still the sweetheart she has always been.

“I made room for you since we have to share a room together now. I hope that you won’t be uncomfortable in here with me and-- Are those my things?” She points to the Lee Seung Gi calendar sticking out of one of the boxes.

Minho nods, “Krystal gave them to me to bring to you since a girl moved into your side of the room.”

Something clicks in Sulli’s mind, it was Krystal who told Minho she was here. It made sense now; how else would he random show up one day. But wait.. “Don’t you and Krystal hate each other?”

Minho smiles, “We came to a truce. It’s stupid to hold grudges and she wanted to help you so she told me. I’m glad she did or else I still wouldn’t know about everything.”

Sulli began to feel bad for keeping him in the dark about everything after he has been nothing but a great friend to her. “I’m sorry, Minho.. I shouldn’t have been so selfish..” Sulli lowers her head like she did back when they first met.

Minho set her things to the side and goes over to Sulli. He lifts her head up with his fingers just like he did before. Their eyes met once again, “It’s okay, Ssul. You were just afraid. I understand.”

And just like back then, Sulli felt the urge to hug him so she did. Minho smiled and hugged her back the best he could with her belly being in the way.

That was the only thing that was different than when they first met. Instead of just meeting, they are going to be living together now in the same room. And in 4 months time, they will be parents. Minho plans to watch over her like he always did and when their child was born, he would do the same for him or her.

Minho suddenly became curious, “Ssul?” Still hugging him, Sulli murmured, “Hmm?”

“Do you know what gender the baby is?” Sulli pulled away and smiled, she liked how he was interested in knowing instead of just being there for her just because he felt inclined to. He wanted to be a good father and he planned on being one.

“What would you want it to be?”

Minho shrugged, “Any is fine, as long as it’s healthy.”

Sulli liked his answer so she decided to tell him, “It’s going to be a boy.”

Minho grinned, he was excited to meet the little guy when he entered the world. He was anticipating it now. He was surprised by his own feelings but he couldn’t help it. He guesses the fatherly instinct took over.

He hugged her once more. He still had one last thing to do, officially make her his.

 

 

[an]: finally an update, right?!

well, finals are finally over now so i can relax and write all i want~

i promise to update more often, okay? ;D

leave me comments, it counts as inspiration ♥