Grandma.

Unexpected Family

 

a/n: i didn't want to go over it so if there any mistakes, i apologize.

DING!

 

Sulli’s pies were now finished but that only meant that it was now time to head out to the Christmas party. As she took them out of the oven, she let out a deep sigh. I hope all goes well but I have a bad feeling…

 

“Yah, Choi Sulli, are you thinking bad thoughts again?” She jumped at the sound of Minho’s deep voice that rudely interrupted her thoughts.

 

“Ah-ha, so you were. Your face gives it away.” He lightly tapped her forehead and she stuck her tongue out at him but the feeling of worry quickly came back to her.

 

“Minho. What if I’m banished like Taeyeon was? I’ve only ever wanted to make them proud of me; I’m their only child and now look.” She gestured to her stomach and lowered her head. Minho felt his heart ache; he hated to see her worry. He felt the urge to embrace her so he did.

 

“Thinking the worst of a situation will only put more stress on you and the baby so please, stop worrying, Sulli-ah.” Minho was right. She knew it. Yet, the bad thoughts still lingered in her mind. Sulli nodded her head in his chest and tried to shake the bad thoughts.

 

“You ready to go?” Taeyeon’s voice, calm yet you could hear a tinge of worry in it, sounded from the kitchen entrance. Sulli put on her best smile for her unnie and nodded once. Taeyeon smiled back and threw the car keys towards Minho, which he caught, and proceeded to walk towards the front door, lightly tugging Sulli along with him. Before they could leave the kitchen, though, Sulli gently yanked her hand away from Minho’s to embrace Taeyeon. The older of the two held the younger as tight as she could.

 

“Everything will be okay, Ssulbaby. If not, I’ll always be here for you,” Taeyeon whispered into her ear. Sulli smiled, feeling touched by her unnie’s words.

 

“It’s time to go, Ssul.” Minho gave her a smile, a smile that Sulli felt give her some strength to go and do this now.

 

“I know… I’m ready!” Sulli clapped her hands together and shouted “Fighting!” and headed towards the front door.

 

Taeyeon grabbed onto Minho’s shoulder, “Take good care of her, give her strength if she looks weak, comfort her if she cries; just always stay by her side.” Her voice was stern; she truly looked at Sulli as a sister and she cared for her immensely. She’s always wanted a younger sister and she finally got one.

 

“Minho-ah! Let’s get going!” Sulli’s voice sounds from the living room.

 

“Coming!” He grabs the pies and smiles at Taeyeon, “I promise that I will take great care of her, don’t worry noona.” She smiles at him, glad that Sulli had a guy like Minho by her side.

 

“Bye guys! Happy Christmas and good luck!” Taeyeon shuts the door as they walk out and she whispers to herself, I guess I’ll try to wake up old man and Hyeri now.

 

***

 

They weren’t far away now from Sulli’s home. She has gone home with Minho many times but this time was different. She was pregnant, with his child. No, he wasn’t coming over to play video games, do homework, or watch movies like they usually would do but instead, he’s there with her to let them know they are having this baby together.

 

As Minho drove along while holding Sulli’s hand, he felt no worry at all. If her parents didn’t accept it, he would just stay with Sulli through it all and try to keep her happy. He would be prepared for anything, even the worst. He lightly squeezed her hand while thinking of this. She looked over at him and smiled with love in her eyes. Sure, she was worried but she felt safe with Minho here.

 

Before either of them knew it, they had arrived to her house. The two-story house was a light shade of blue and had an array of flowers in the front yard. Sulli’s mother was very fond of gardening and when they first moved in, she went right to work on the yards, planting trees and flowers. The Christmas décor made the house shine and Sulli couldn’t help but smile. She loved putting up the décor every year and this was the first year that she wasn’t a part of it. Her family was very fond of the holiday. The Christmas party that was held every year usually consisted of Minho’s grandmother, Minho, Sulli’s parents and Sulli. Minho had called his grandmother ahead of time and she was for sure coming. He knew she would accept their situation. She loves Sulli to death and would never shun her or Minho. He even thinks she’ll be happy to hear that she’s going to have a great grandson coming soon.

 

Minho’s grandmother arrives at the same time as the couple does and she smiles brightly when she sees the two in the car. She hurries over to the driver side to embrace her grandson tightly whom is already waiting for her. “Minho-ah! Oh, how I’ve missed you. Have you been eating well? You know you don’t have my homemade cooking over there at college.”

 

Minho chuckles lightly at his grandmother’s comments, “I’ve missed you too, grandma. Yes, I have been eating well but nothing compares to your dishes.” He kisses her cheek as she grins and pulls him into another embrace. Once they part, Minho leads his grandmother to the passenger side of the car. Before he opens the door, he turns to his grandmother, “Now, what you may see next may be shocking or be wonderful or may be a mix of both.”

 

“Oh, come on boy, just open the door! I miss my Sulli-ah!” She eagerly says as Minho smiles and nods.

Minho lets out a low breath and opens the door and grabs Sulli’s hand to help her out of the car. His grandmother’s smile slightly alters as she notices the big, round bump on the young woman’s stomach.

 

Sulli smiles shyly, “Ah, hello grandmother.” She bows and Minho intervenes, feeling a little nervous, “Now, grandma, this may look ba—”

 

His grandmother only smiles, “Bad? Pregnancy can be a beautiful thing. Sulli-ah, how are you feeling? Have you been getting a lot of rest? Eating well?”

 

Sulli was taken aback, was she okay with this? “Y-Yes grandmother, I’ve been doing well.”

 

The elderly woman’s face turns serious suddenly, “It is Minho’s child, right? Because if not, it is not very smart to go off to college and just get pregnant from some random guy you had just met.”

 

Minho’s eyebrows raise and he shakes his head quickly, “Oh no grandma, the baby is mine. Let’s not get any crazy ideas now. Sulli-ah is not like that at all.”

 

His grandmother’s face loses the tenseness and she grins, “Great! I’m going to be having a great grandchild! Splendid!” She embraces Sulli as best as she can, “I’m glad it’s you because I could always tell that you were going to be the one for him.” Sulli blushes and glances over at Minho who is also blushing as well.

 

His grandmother releases Sulli and looks at them both, “Now, you guys are still very young to be having a child. It is a lot of responsibility.”

 

Minho nods, “I understand, grandma. But I know we can do it and we will.” He grabs Sulli’s hand and intertwines their fingers and runs his thumb over her soft skin. Sulli nods, agreeing with her boyfriend.

 

His grandmother squints at both of them and stays silent for a little while, “Alright, I believe you. If you kids need any help, just ask me and don’t hesitate to. Sulli, you already know you are like a granddaughter to me.” The young woman smiled gently, happy that his grandmother sees her in that light. “But you kids do know what this means, right?”

 

The two just tilt their heads to the side as his grandmother continues to speak, “You guys will have to get married sooner or later.” The young couple’s eyes widen and their faces turn red. Marriage was a big step in someone’s life. Minho knew this was going to come because his grandmother always said that if he ever got a girl pregnant, he would be marrying her. He had to be a man and take care of that child. And he plans to.

 

“Yes grandmother, I respect what you’re saying. You’ve always told me and I have yet to forget it.” The elderly woman nods, glad that her grandson never forgot her words.

“And Sulli, do you agree with what I am saying?” The young woman nods her head, knowing that her parents will probably feel the same way about this. Sulli’s feet are beginning to hurt from standing so long, it’s hard to stay standing when carrying a baby around.

 

“Hey everybody, why don’t you come on in?” Sulli’s father sounds from the entrance to their house. As Minho’s grandmother moves out from in front of Sulli, her stomach is the first thing her father notices. His face turns pale, lost for words and the three of them make their way to the front door.

 

Trying to form some coherent words, Sulli’s father speaks, “U-Um, dear, everyone is here and so is your daughter, WHO LOOKS PREGNANT.”

 

Everything stops. The color from Sulli’s face is gone. The apparent look of disgust on her father’s face just breaks her heart. She begins to sway and she loses feeling in her legs. As everything in her sight is shifting, her legs finally give out and everything goes black.

 

 

 

 

a/n: first off, 19 UPVOTES. OMG THANK YOUUUU.

secondly, OMG I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS LATE UPDATE, YOU CAN ALL STONE ME IF YOU'D LIKE.

but in all seriousness, i am truy sorry. there's no excuses BUT i do work 5 out of 7 days of the week AND i go to school so yeah.

but school will soon be out and i'll try my best to write when something comes to me. please wait patiently. <3

p.s i will no longer be making any more promises because i always break them so you will get an update whenever i'm not busy.

AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THE BEAUTIFUL NEW SUBSCRIBERS AND ALL THE OLD ONES THAT ARE STICKING WITH ME THROUGH THIS FIC.

YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL <3 also, if you wanna talk to me or whatever, follow my tumblr. url is jinribum. (: i go on daily. ^^

have a wonderful day or night and don't forget to comment! :D (upvote if you'd like ;D)