Chap 8 - Night

Cold & Hot

 

No one POV:

 

After reading the message Eunhyuk got frustrated. There’s no way Donghae would stay the night at his house, at least not this soon.  They tried to call Heechul but he never answered the phone, the same with Hangeng and the two others. The blonde told Donghae to grab his stuff and get ready to leave before storming out of the studio to his room where he changed from his sweaty clothes to new ones. Meanwhile Donghae waited in the living room feeling a little sad of Hyuk’s attitude who seemed to be in a rush to get rid of the younger as soon as possible. He thought the time they spent dancing that day had made them a little close but maybe that was just a dream. Soon, Eunhyuk came downstairs dressed and ready to leave only to stop at the furniture near the main door, his eyes focused on the paper lying where the car keys were supposed to be. The blonde grabbed the paper and read for out loud for the both of them

 

“I knew you wouldn’t let my little brother stay with you so I took your car keys. Tomorrow morning we will return it, until then take good care of Donghae, ok?”

 

The younger could feel the other’s body tensing, the paper on his hands being crumpled sending him a cold rush down his spine making him step back from Eunhyuk. The latter then got out of the living room, after sending Donghae a cold stare, and headed to the studio room. He knew that by acting like this he was hurting the other but it was stronger than him, he was used to push people away so everytime someone got too close he would fear it was only to stab him once again after gaining his trust. Although Heechul and the others were the most similar he had of ‘friends’ that cared about his person they were rushing things too fast. He needed time to get used to Donghae’s presence, after all he wanted to be close with him, it was a need stronger than any other fear. He knew all that and felt stupid for acting like a douche bag to Hae so, after a while, he calmed down and went back in the house to apologise.

 

Meantime at the house, Donghae kept thinking about Hyuk’s attitude. He thought they would be a little closer by know but it didn’t look like it. Earlier when the blonde glared he didn’t felt afraid of being hit or treated bad. He felt afraid of being pushed further from Eunhyuk when he saw the pain and sadness, it was like they were back to the beginning so he choose to give the blonde some space and let him leave the house. While the other was out, Donghae kept thinking what he should do: wait for Eunhyuk and accept his decision or leave and stop hurting him by staying close. Well, he did the last one, he thought Eunhyuk was waiting for him to leave to come back to the house so he grabbed his backpack and left, trying to find the right way home by foot.

 

 

Eunhyuk POV:

 

 

After I calmed down and realized my acts towards Donghae were not the best I went back inside the house to apologize but he wasn’t there. I looked everywhere, inside and out, but he was nowhere to be seen, don’t tell me that he went to his home alone!!! Heechul is so going to kill me…

I grabbed my house keys and left, looking for him in every street near, he can’t be far since I only stayed in the studio for half an hour. Aishh this fish, why couldn’t he wait?? What if something bad happens or he gets lost? I wouldn’t forgive myself, he would be one more victim of my bad aura. I ran, and ran, and ran but still nothing. I was about to turn away to his house to ask for help when a noise catch my attention. It was almost inaudible but I could bet it was a scream so I waited to hear more but it kept silent. Remembering Donghae I turned again going to his house when that scream came louder.

 

“EUNHYUK!!” -- The voice that can make my heart beat change, my Donghae is in danger.

 

I ran to where the scream seemed to come, all the possible bad scenarios passing through my mind, boiling my blood even more. Finally reaching a dark alley I found him alone, crouched and shaking, his cries could be heard. After approaching him I tried to know what happened but instead of talking he just jumped in my arms, holding my shirt like his life depended on it. So we stayed there seated on the dirty floor just embracing each other waiting till he felt calmer. It moves me to see him in that broken state, he looks like a little innocent child who needs to be protected from every bad in the world and I feel the urge to take that role.

 

“Let me take you to your home and ask your parents to prepare you a bath, ok?” – I asked him gently

 

“N-no, I don’t want my family to see me like this” – he said without looking up

 

He was still shaking when I helped him to stand up. I doubted he could walk by himself, that’s why I offered him a piggyback ride to my home. During the walk not even a word was spoken, his state wasn’t getting better and I preferred to let him be, whenever we would feel like talking I would be next to him ready to listen. Once at my room, I dropped him in my bed and went to prepare him a relaxing bubble bath hoping to make him feel better and left downstairs after telling him it was ready and gave him a towel.

While waiting for him I made some pancakes and a vanilla & caramel tea to fill his stomach before sleeping. After a while he came down, more relaxed but fear was still visible in his eyes. Eventually he told me what happened in that alley: a large ugly man threatened him with a knife if he didn’t give up on his backpack which contained his belongings. My poor baby, no wonder he’s soo afraid.

 

“Come on Donghae, I will lend you my room for tonight”

 

We climbed the stairs heading to my room. After wearing our pyjamas I tucked him in my bed and grabbed some blankets and a pillow to sleep in the couch at the living room. Reaching the door I wished Hae a good night and sweet dreams and opened the door but then he spoke.

 

“Eunhyuk hyung, can you sleep here with me? I’m afraid to be alone” – he asked with those puppy eyes.

 

I turned back and lay down beside him, under the warming covers but still slightly apart from one another, my bed is quite big that’s why. Half an hour passed and both of us were still awake, he kept turning around as if he was uncomfortable, I got closer to him and watched his reaction. He stopped turning but kept making small movements, I didn’t know what else to do so I thought what if instead of him it was me in that situation, what would Junsu (the closest person to me) do? Then an idea came to me, I was reluctant to do it, I’m so not like that but I had to try.

I got even closer to him and wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling him to me. I felt him stiffening but nonetheless he turned his front to me and snuggle on my chest, his hot breath passing through my shirt, the feeling so good… I wished we could be like this many other times, but it did the work, he stopped moving. I was on my way to dreamland but before that I could hear him

 

“Thanks hyung, for everything. I like this caring side of you”

 

“Just sleep Donghae, you must be tired”

 

“Neh hyung, goodnight”

 

‘Goodnight Hae, I’ll try to protect you and be a better hyung…’ I thought and fell asleep with that cute boy warming me through the night.

 

 

-----------------------------

A/n:  Sorry for the late update. school started and my nephew birthday was today, I kept preparing his party the whole weekend so I didn't had time to write. Now it's late and I need to wake up to school in five hours,  reaaaaaaaaly need to sleep

Hope you like it and drop some comments, yeah? ^^