Chap 4 - Discover and Evils Alliance Plan - Step one

Cold & Hot

 

Donghae POV:

 

“Sungmin hyung I… I li-like you, more than a friend” – I confessed.

 

“No you don’t Donghae-ah, that’s what you think”

 

What does he mean? I know my feelings and how they react to him, since our meeting at the hospital that I want to be close with him, he can make me feel calm and comfortable. He must had noticed my confused face and sighed. His next action startled me, he came close and put his hand on my chest, right above my heart.

 

“Close your eyes Donghae and relax, put your hand next to mine” – he said and I did it – “Now think about our encounter in the hospital and the reasons you think for liking me”

 

He let me think about it for two minutes and the asked me to think about my friendship with Henry. I wasn’t getting where that taking us, I had just confessed to him and he wants me to think about other people?

“Good, now I want you to think about Eunhyuk. I know he treated your bandage earlier so remember how he cared about you, his face, everything”

 

That guy is cold as ice, why should I think about him? That bad aura is scary but when he treated me he was so caring and the smile he gave in the end so beautiful. When he saved me back on the fire his eyes were so captivating, I didn’t see hate or any other bad feeling, on the contraire. I felt protect, that I would be ok next to him

 

“…hae? Donghae!”  -- he brought my mind back -- “Can you feel it now? Your heart.”

 

Omo it’s beating so fast!! But when I was thinking about Sungmin and Henry he didn’t acted like this.

 

“Hyung, am I getting sick? It never beats like this for a person”

 

“No dummy, it’s because Eunhyuk is the one you like for real. That’s your body responding to your memories of him so don’t despise it. I see you as a cute dongsaeng, that’s why I’m going to help you to get close with him.”

 

“But he is scary” – I whined

 

“It’s just a mask, I’ll make you see the real Eunhyuk ok? Just listen to your heart" – I nodded and left.

 

 

No one’s POV:

 

Seeing the conversation was finished, a little spy that was listening to their conversation hided himself before Donghae left so that he wouldn’t get caught. He felt relieved after hearing it, now he hasn’t anything to worry about and could have fun with the information. Quickly he started to form a plan to join those two but knowing Eunhyuk he knew that it will be a little complicated but he was willing to do everything to have his old funny cousin back instead of this block of ice. So he texted his “evil-mind-twin”

 

To: DivaChul

Hyung you won’t believe, I’ve got some juicy information about Donghae ^^  I know you’ll love to know but keep it a secret

 

From: DivaChul

It's better be good, I own him a little revenge muahaha. Let’s meet tomorrow morning on our spot and I won’t tolerate delays just because you got distracted with Starcraft

 

 

~*~*~*~

 

 

Days passed and Donghae was enjoying the basic lessons with the fire fighters, instead of being there because of Sungmin he started to like the environment there, sometimes he even went after school just to hang out there. The elders were nice to him like a brother and some like a son (the ones old enough), the only one he couldn’t approach was Eunhyuk, and no matter what he did the latter would always glare at him and ignore his presence. Donghae felt sad every time that happened, he tried to listen to his heart like Sungmin said but was getting frustrated with his failed efforts to talk with the “Ice Prince”.

On the other hand the ‘evils’ plan was going smoothly. Eventually they convinced Sungmin to join them, as he also wanted to help, so the step one of the plan was going to occur on the first outside exercise in that weekend. They were going to show how to extinguish a fire (they would provoke a little one, not dangerous) and then ask the apprentices to do it too in small groups.

You can guess which one would help Donghae right? ^^

 

Heechul knew about his brother trauma with fire so, the moment the latter freaks out Eunhyuk will be his shining rescuer. Perfect they thought, but could that really make them close, or would it be indifferent? They hopped it will work or else the step two was going to be more dramatic.

 

 

‘Outside exercise day’

 

Early in the morning the group left to an isolate area in the countryside. Kyu and Hyuk droved the water tank truck and Sungmin the van with the eight apprentices. Arriving to the location the elders prepared everything and explained what they were going to do. Donghae started to get nervous and cling to his friend.

 

“Henry, I don’t think I can do it, I’m scared as hell. What if the fire grows too much and they can’t handle? What if a flame flies near me? I want to get out of here” – he started to panic

 

“They know what to do, it’s a little fire don’t worry I’ll be next you for your protection ok?” – Henry tried to assure his fishy friend.

 

 

The demonstration kept going without any mistakes and after was time to divide them in small groups so that the teachers could help them better. So, by Kyuhyun’s order, he stayed with three as well as Min and Eunhyuk stayed with Henry and Donghae who was still worried but he had promised Heechul to be strong and get over his fear, so he had to try and do his best.

They were all on their posts ready to put in practice what they had learned and, after the fire grew a little all them did the assigned tasks under the elders control. Everything was going well until the moment fire grew closer on Donghae’s side and he started to.

 

“Donghae watch out” – Eunhyuk yelled at him but too late, he was already paralyzed in fear while the flames kept coming close.

 

“HAE WAKE UP!” – Henry got worried seeing his friend state.

 

“SUNGMIN! Watch this side too and help Henry, I need to get Donghae away from here”

 

Eunhyuk tried to push the terrorized one but the latter didn’t move, he stayed like a statue so the blonde lifted him, put on his shoulders and ran to a safer place. He didn’t knew what had happened that made the younger be shaking in fear, he tried to bring Donghae’s mind back after setting him on the groung and when was succeeded the latter clenched his hands on the blonde’s uniform coat crying.

Eunhyuk didn’t knew what to do, the last time somebody was like this, depending on him was when his bestfriend Junsu… he tried to get the memory out of his head, it wasn’t the best time to recall that accident. Hesitantly he put his arms around the younger and hugged him tight, trying to reassure that now he was safe and nothing could hurt him.

Eventually Donghae calmed down, the sobs stayed but he stopped shaking and clenching the other’s coat so tight.

 

“Are you more calm now” – Eunhyuk asked

 

Donghae lifted his head so that he could be able to look in the blonde’s eyes.

 

“Yes, thank you Eunhyuk for saving me. I thought I could manage to win the fear of fire but guess I was wrong”

 

“You’re afraid of fire? Then why did you come?”

 

“I promised my brother I would overcome my trauma” – Donghae said lowering his head.

 

“You’re stupid, you know” – Eunhyuk said chuckling, the younger surprised by the sound lifted his head to be amazed by the others cute gummy smile, something he never saw before – “You could had asked my help, I would be always by your side”

 

“But you’re so cold to everyone, especially to me, I know you hate me” – Donghae whined.

 

“I know but I’m your teacher, I can’t let anyone be hurt under my supervision. Besides I don’t hate you Donghae” – the elder said and the brunet hugged him again feeling his hurt thumping harder.

 

“But keep it secret ok? It will not change the way I treat you, I’m still your teacher only. Now get up, they must had ended the exercise” – Eunhyuk said with his cold expression again.

 

Donghae noticed the change but couldn’t comprehend why he was like that again, the other said he didn’t hate him so why treating him like a stranger? He felt his heart breaking a little when the latter got up and started to walk back to the others rushing him to do the same. He never wanted to leave the blonde’s arms, he felt so safe, it was then that he finally listened to his heart and admitted that yes, he had truly fell for Eunhyuk, he was the only who can make his heart float. 

Arriving there he asked for Kyuhyun but Sungmin said he went to look for them so they needed to wait for a bit. The cute blonde asked Donghae if he was better and if something happened while he was with Eunhyuk but the brunet said everything was fine, nothing happened, the other was cold like always. Sungmin nodded and didn’t bother him anymore. All the apprentices took their seats on the van, excited with the previous exercise but Donghae was sad, he wasn’t able to keep the promise he made to his hyung.

After 7 minutes Kyuhyun came back and winked at Sungmin without anyone noticing signalling that their plan went well. Kyu grabbed his phone and texted Min and Heechul saying that ‘eunhae’ was closer and sending a picture (that he took while spying them) of the two hugging. It was time to plan Step two.

 

 

 

------------------------------

A/n: Hae finally admitted his feelings towards Hyuk ^^  So what do you think about KyuMinChul plan?  I still don't know if i should make the plan 'step two' show y!Hae or keep his innocent side :S

ps: the one sending messages to DivaChul was Kyuhyun, he is Hyuk's cousin

 

@FangirlEunYoo and @k_loverunited  it's still early to know Hyuk's past but I gave a little detail, some clues are going to appear along the chapters