Chap 6 - "Step Two" A day at Eunhyuk's pool Part2

Cold & Hot

 

No one POV:

 

 

On his way to get out of the room, Eunhyuk shoved Hangeng who was knocking on the door seconds ago. The latter didn’t mind the blonde’s bad mood, being his friend for a long time he got used to it. He then entered in the room where Donghae was still lying down on the bed. Hangeng was afraid that Eunhyuk, although he knows he’s not violent, did something to the younger so he rushed to his side and helped him to sit.

 

“What happened?”

 

“I don’t know hyung. He got up from after getting the trunks for me but I didn’t see him and we collided. We fell on the bed, he on top of me, we locked our eyes and I felt an urge to kiss him so I leaned onto him that’s when you knock on the door. Aishh I’m so stupid, now he’s pissed!!” – Donghae said almost on the edge of tears.

 

“You’re not stupid, it’s just that Eunhyuk is a complicated person, no one can get close to him since a long time ago, he stays with us because we know what’s in his mind, and we were friends before he became that cold, but now not even we can reach his heart”

 

“What happened for him to become like this?”

 

“It’s not me who should tell you, that’s something only he can tell you. But I advise you to not talk about his family, it will make him angrier. Now tell me, do you like him?”

 

“Yeah hyung, despite the way he treats me I want him to smile more and be happy, everytime we are close I feel safe. I want to melt the ice walls around his heart!” – Donghae said confident

 

“I’m sure you will” – Hangeng said smiling.

 

Now he understands the smirks and looks between his boyfriend and Kyuhyun, he’s sure that they’re planning how two join the two. Coming from them he’s sure their plans are going to work, he only fears the methods they can use, Donghae is such a innocent and naïve boy he’ll believe everything his hyungs said and then something may go wrong to his side. That’s way Hangeng decided to keep a secret that he knows everything and to secretly protect Donghae.

After wearing the trunks, both of them went back to the pool where everyone was having fun except for Eunhyuk who was nowhere to be seen. Donghae thought it was better not to ask and let his crush be alone to calm down

 

 

They kept playing and teasing the poor Donghae until dinner time. They made a barbeque and still Eunhyuk didn’t show up, Donghae started to worry that perhaps he went too far on the proximity with the blonde, he shouldn’t had tried to kiss him.

 

“Hyung, where’s Eunhyuk? Doesn’t he eat with us?”

 

“He must be in the dance studio practicing, I will take him the dinner” – Kyuhyun answered and leave with a food plate.

 

“He has a dance studio here?” – Hae asked surprised

 

“Yeah, his parents build it for their kids on the outside of the house. It is where Eunhyuk spends most of his time” – Heechul

 

“He isn’t the only son? So where are the others?”

 

“I told you Donghae, we can’t tell you about that” – Hangeng

 

Donghae pouted, he wanted so bad to know and no one would tell him Eunhyuk’s story and he was sure the latter wouldn’t tell him after what happened.

 

~* ~*~*

 

 

After having dinner they all cleaned the pool zone and got inside the house. Hangeng and Heechul sat on the living room watching TV while Sungmin and Kyuhyun washed the dishes in the kitchen. It was 9pm and Eunhyuk didn’t get out from the dance studio the whole afternoon, Donghae wondered if he would be able to see him before leaving, at least he wanted to apologize for the act earlier.

 

“Can any of you go get Eunhyuk’s plate at the dance studio?” – Kyuhyun asked

 

Hangeng offered to go but Heechul didn’t let him go complaining that they didn’t have a romantic time the entire day so, the only one available to go was the apprehensive fish. Yeah nice excuse, that evil planned with Kyuhyun to make them be together again before everyone leaves.

After getting the directions and a chocolate from Hangeng (kind of peace offer to the dancer xP) he went to that place, he was afraid of the other reaction maybe he will yell at him and sent him off.

 He took a deep breath and opened the door slowly, inside the music was loud and an angel danced fluidly to the rhythm, it made the younger stay still just watching, don’t wanting the other to ever stop. He could see the satisfied face of Eunhyuk and how freely he moved, like he didn’t have any worry in his life, but nothing lasts forever. The blonde noticed the younger presence and stopped the music.

 

“What do you want?” -- he asked in his cold tone

 

 

 

 Eunhyuk POV:

 

 

I kept dancing the entire afternoon, only this way I can think of my life. I know I shouldn’t had treated Donghae like trash but it’s the only way to keep him safe, he will get hurt around me like everybody who was close to me. He may think that I hate him but it’s the total opposite. That day when I saved him from the fire his eyes captivated me, my heart gained life back for some seconds. Since the accident years ago I locked my heart to everyone, that way it wouldn’t get broken from the ones that I loved and left me. They all blamed me for their unhappiness, it was like I could bring disgrace to everyone who wanted to be close to me. That’s I built all this walls around my heart, I don’t want to hurt people anymore.

Until now it was working but Donghae just messed up everything! I feel the need to protect him, to pinch his cute cheeks when he pouts, to make him happy just to hear his beautiful laugh. I feel so around him, my cold mask wants to disappear like earlier at my room. His eyes showed so many warm emotions that I got lost in them and almost let him kiss me. I got so scared for me, because I show a moment of weakness and gave him hopes, and for him, I don’t want him to suffer anything bad. I don't want him to get too close or like me, I want him to keep that beautiful smile in his face forever even if I need to be a jerk now.

I’m complicated right?

 

Kyuhyun had brought dinner and told me how lost and sad Donghae sometimes looked, I know it’s my fault but I don’t know what to do

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He makes me so confused…

 

After eating I danced again, I tried to forget about everything and was able to abstain from everything until I noticed someone peeking from the studio door, it was the last person I wanted to see. I put my cold mask again and turned off the music.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“I just came to pick the plate, sorry for interrupting” – he said with his head low, that moment I felt guilty but I couldn’t show it

 

“Hurry up and go!” – I ordered him. He got inside, grabbed the plate and headed to the door, stopping before opening it.

 

“Hyung, catch it” – he said and threw something to me, a strawberry filled chocolate, my favourite.

 

He was grabbing the door knob when I told him to wait. I walked to him and raised my hand that was holding the chocolate, I think he was expecting me to slap him or something because he flinched. That made me feel like a creep, have I treated him that badly to make him think I was capable to beat him?

 

“I’m not going to hit you Donghae, you don’t need to be afraid”

 

He looked at me with those teary eyes, the same ones that reached my heart walls back at fire and now again, I can’t take it!!

 

“What’s this?” – I asked still with the cold tone

 

“I just wanted to apologize for the scene in your room, I should be more careful to not make you feel uncomfortable. I’m sorry hyung I…I will keep a distance from y-you… I’ll give you space unless it’s inevitable… " -- he said crying, I tried to show indifference and let him go but before he could leave, without realizing I was holding him in my arms. I felt my heart twist

 

“Don’t go”

 

“Wh – what?!” – he said with a cracked voice

 

“I said don’t leave, I need you”

 

I don’t want to see him like this again, it’s been a while since I felt something like true caring, I miss that. I want to try be close with someone again, to melt this ice inside me even though it’s hard, I want to trust Donghae but I don't know if I can, maybe it's too soon.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

A/n:  Confusing I know, if you don't get something tell me. This time I put Eunhyuk's pov so that you can know how he feels and next chapter he will tell why he became so cold, what happened to his family

 

Lilajessica , FangirlEunYoo  thanks for the moral support ^^

all the others who comment or subscribbed thank you so much, it makes me feel that my heart is full :)