Chap 3 - Confusion

Cold & Hot

 

 

No one POV:

 

The week passed slowly than normal for Donghae, he was waiting for the weekend to come so that he could go visit Sungmin at work, since Heechul didn’t allowed him to go during school days. The kitchen has been repaired but he still can’t go there without freaking out, every time he is hungry Heechul has to go there and grab some food for his brother which was driving him crazy.

 

“Hyung!!! Can you give me the juice and cookies I brought to give Sungmin hyung?” – Donghae shouted from the kitchen to Heechul who was resting.

 

The latter came down stomping his feet with a rather angered look

 

“I’m sick of being your maid fish! I talked with a friend that is a psychologist and he told that you need to overcome your fear of fire, so I found the perfect solution after some research”

 

“What are you thinking?” – Donghae asked a little afraid

 

“There will start a course for trainee on the fire station, you will learn everything from first aids to extinguish fires and at the end of it you can make a test to be a fire-fighter if you want”

 

“I don’t think it's a good idea, what if I freak out in a fire exercise? They’ll think I’m weak… I don’t want to go”

 

“To bad, I already signed you up. Your teachers will be Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk so if anything bad happens they will be there for you”

 

“I hope nothing happens near Eunhyuk, he will not care about me in, fact I think he hates me!”

 

“He may seem cold hearted but it’s just a mask, I know him for years and he’s a funny and caring guy. You will be safe” – Donghae nodded defeated, his hyung can be even more stubborn than him – “Good, it starts in a month, two times a week during night and Saturdays evenings, so be prepared mentally.”

 

 

~*~*~*~

 

 

One month passed, it was time for Donghae to go to his first day of trainee along with Henry. After some persuasion the other agreed to go and make company to his friend who was afraid of being alone. It’s been a while since the last time he went there and he was already missing his angel Sungmin, that was the main reason for his enthusiasm during their walk there. They arrived to the fire station and got settled along with other people on a little room waiting for their teachers who didn’t took long to appear. The introductions begin and then they explained the activities for the course and gave the manuals with the vehicles names, the instruments inside, how to help the victims and everything that was necessary to know.

 

“So now we will divide you in two groups, Kyuhyun as to go back on service so half stay with me and the other half go with Eunhyuk take a round on the building” – Sungmin explained and started to call the names. Donghae was hoping to stay in the room but all his hopes crashed.

 

“Baekhyun, Taemin, Joon and Tao, you stay here; Kris, Minho, Henry and Donghae, you guys go with Eunhyuk.”

 

Donghae felt sad and after his group leaved he went to Sungmin whining to change groups but the latter didn’t changed his mind, so he had no other choice that to follow them sulking.

 

 

 

Sungmin POV:

 

I knew Donghae was going to complain but I had a purpose to make him go. Heechul told me that he fell for me but I know that that is what he thinks, he fell for the one who saved him, Eunhyuk, but he misunderstood and thought it was me so he made in his mind that he likes me but I saw the change in his eyes when he gave Eunhyuk that dinner gift and the latter ignored him.

So I’m going to make him realize what his heart feels and not what his mind says to him, who knows if he is the one capable to bring the old happy Hyuk back. After what happened he deserves love back in his life, I really hope Donghae wakes up and help him…

 

 

Donghae POV:

 

Why Sungmin hyung sent me away, WHYYY?? I wanted to stay with him and not with this ice hearted blonde.

He showed us every room, from the central station where they get the calls till the ‘relax’ room and lastly the cars garage. He explained us everything and showed the instruments inside the ambulances, his voice is strong but smooth, really enjoyable to hear. Also his body looks fine and that jaw line gives the desire to bite all the way until those plump lips… WTF?? Donghae stop, just stop, you like Sungmin and not this bastard, gosh.

 

We were exploring the fire trucks when a voice from the central station said it was needed an ambulance for an emergency and Kyuhyun along with another guy came running to the ambulance.  Our group started to move away to give them space to leave but in the middle of the commotion someone accidentally pushed me aside, making me trip on my own feet and I fell on my bandage arm, yelling in pain.

 

“Donghae what happened? Are you hurt?”

 

I looked to where that voice came crying in pain and nodded my head.

 

“Come with me, the rest go back to the room and explain to Sungmin hyung what happened” – Eunhyuk commanded and everyone leaved.

 

Then he helped me to get up and guided me to the relax room. I sit in the couch while he got a first aid kit from the closet and removed my old bandage. He was so caring while putting cream in my burned skin, trying not to hurt me anymore, I was feeling secure next to him, not like when he’s cold and scary, this new side of him I like. He put a new bandage in my arm and looked at me smiling.

Oh those eyes that captivated me since the first time and that melting smile, I felt my heart thumped hard.

 

“Be more careful from now on, ok?” – He said but then he noticed I was staring at him and quickly went back to his cold mask.

 

On our way back to the class the silence was king, I didn’t mind though, I was trying to understand what the hell happened back there. I know I like Sungmin hyung but why this cold blonde presence makes my heart beat change?

I couldn’t concentrate for the rest of the lecture, I felt so confuse…

 

“Donghae, can I talk with you?” – Sungmin asked me in the end. I agreed and waited for everyone to leave, including Henry.

 

“Is something wrong? You seemed distracted”

 

“I’m ok now that I’m with you hyung” – I said smiling, his face always make me calm

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Sungmin hyung I… I li-like you, more than a friend” – I confessed. Yeah I’m nervous but I can’t feel that thrill I was expecting to feel.

 

Is it to soon to confess? I looked into his eyes trying to figure out his thoughts but then Eunhyuk’s face appeared in my head… AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET OUT, GET OUT!!!!!

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

A/n: So how will Sungmin help Donghae to realize his true feelings? Will the latter even listen to him and ignore is conviction?

I know the answer but you my darlings have to wait ^^

 

@FangirlEunYoo    I don't like either, it will be only friendship, I think x)

@KimSuYe    Yeah, the shape is different but Hae is a little dumb :P

@luphae8692    let's see if now he chooses heart (Hyuk) over mind (Min) **

@saymyname     Glad to see you again ^^