Alfonso

A Whisper

 

Baekhyun POV

 

A month Ago..

     “TELL ME WHY YOU DID IT!” she screams at me.

     “No.” I say and continue to walk.

     “Then I’m going to call the police!” She yells with a shaky voice. I clench my eyes shut and gulp trying to keep myself from turning around and hugging her… and begging to understand… and begging her to stay by my side…

     “Go ahead.” I say and walk out the door. As soon as the door closes I go straight to my apartment and lock the door. I instantly collapse on the floor breathing heavily.

     “!” I yell and start banging the ground and walls. I take a few big breaths and then bury my face in my hands.

     I was supposed to protect her. I was supposed to make sure that she would never know about this part of my life. Nothing seems to work out when it comes to her…

     I was only going to watch over her without her knowing… that didn’t work out.

     I was only going to be just a neighbor… that didn’t work out.

     I was only going to be friends… that didn’t work out.

     I fell in love with her… I told myself to never do that. But I did anyways.

     I tried to keep myself away from her but I couldn’t do it.

 

     But that has to change. Now I have to follow my rules. I can never allow myself to show up in front of her again… never.


 

No ones POV

 

*nock* *nock*

 

     “Come in.” Gain says as she reads through some papers.

     “Ms. Han, I brought agent’s Lee and Sunny.” Minho says and motions for them to enter the room. Gain puts the papers down and looks up.

     “Sit.” She says with a smile. Taemin walks over to the chair in front of her desk and sits down.

     “You too.” she says to sunny and motions towards the other chair. Sunny doesn’t say anything and just looks away and lies down on the couch against the wall. Gain smirks and turns her attention back to Taemin.

     “I see she still only listens to you.” Taemin smirks

     “Don’t take it personal.”

     “I would never.” She smiles.

     “So what is the mission that’s supposed to make me all happy?”

     “Byun Baekhyun.” She says with a smile. Taemin’s eyes flicker and a pleased smile grows on his face. Even Sunny turns her attention towards her. The usually emotionless girl had a faint smile on her face.

 

     “About time.” He says with hunger in his eyes.

     “I knew you would like it. Now I know you would rather do this on your own, but there are two others I would like to add to your team. Minho can you go get them?” Minho nods and leaves the room.

     “You’re asking me to share?”

     “Don’t worry you’ll be in charge. They will be useful to you, they were very close to him and they trained with him since they were young. In fact, his best friend volunteered to take this on. Betrayal is the best motivator.”

     Minho walks in followed by two others.

     “This is agent’s Seo Joohyun and Zhang Yixing.” They both bow. Taemin stands up and walks over. He holds out his hand and shakes their hands.

     “So who is the best friend?” he asks. Yixing steps forward. Taemin smiles. “You have a nickname? No offense but your name is hard.”

     “You can call me Lay sir.”

     “Don’t call me sir, I hate that. You can call me by my name Taemin.” Lay nods and steps back. He smiles and turns his attention to Joohyun.

     “Joohyun-shi?”

     “Neh.” She says and steps forward.

     “Same for you. Let’s not be all formal. Don’t act like you’re soldiers. Loosen up.” He says. They both nod and loosen their stances and look directly at him. He smiles “That’s more like it!”

     “Just like you, ignoring ranking.” Gain says with a smile.

     “Ranking is boring. How can you work with that kind of pressure?” She chuckles. He turns back to them.

     “That’s sunny over there. Don’t be offended when she ignores you. She’s just not sociable.” They both look at her. She had her eyes closed and was blowing bubbles with her gum. He smiles at her and then turns to Gain.

     “You have the mission file so we can get started?” Gain goes to her desk and opens a drawer and pulls out a folder and hands it to him, he opens it and starts reading.

     “We don’t know where he is but that is the last place that he was known to be. He most likely lives around that area. The man who was tracking him made a cell phone call in the same area. Around that same time a 119 call was made for a man that was passed out drunk with a badly broken wrist and arm. We are assuming that it was Baekhyun who did it because of the way it was broken. Also in the cell call you can hear a man yelling in the back ground, it was most likely the drunken guy. We also pulled the credit card activities of the tracker and for the last few days it was all in that area. So you can start there.”

     Taemin nods and then hands the file to Sunny who starts looking through it.

     “Any and all resources will be available to you if you need them. Lay and Joohyun have already read the file.” Taemin nods.

     “Okay lets get started.” He says and motions for them to leave the room. Sunny gets up and follows. Joohyun and Lay follow after them.

 

     Minho walks up to her desk.

     “Do you think they will find them?”

     “Maybe, if that idiot could, then they certainly can.” She says and looks out the window with a dark smile on her face. “Just wait Baekhyun, you can’t run forever.”


 

Baekhyun POV

     “Do you have any info for me?”

     “N-Neh… I hear a big time human trafficker is flying to Seoul tomorrow.”

     “Who is it?”

     “… H-his name is Alfonso.”

     “What time?”

 

     I get the rest of the info from him and then hang up. I work out my plan and then plop myself on my couch.

     I stare at the ceiling and take a big breath.

     “Are you having a good day?” I say thinking about Bomi. I take out my phone and look at my background.

KmsYU.jpg

 

     I chuckle.

     “Babo…” I say and chuckle again. I close my phone and sigh.

     I get up, put on my shoes and leave.


 

     I told myself to never show up in front of her again… which I didn’t.

     I told myself to never see her again… which I couldn’t.

 

     I went maybe a week of not seeing her. But not knowing if she was okay or how she was doing drove me insane. So almost every day I secretly walk her home. I make sure she doesn’t see me so I keep my distance.

 

     “Bye Bomi!”

     Her co-worker waves to her and walks in the opposite direction. Bomi smiles and walks away. I follow after.

     I never noticed this before but she sighs a lot when she walks… or maybe it’s a new habit…

    She’s also not as lively as she used to be… It’s hard seeing her like this. I want to make her happy. But the only way I see that happening is to not appear in her life again.

 

    I watch until she shuts her lights off before I leave.

 

    I know doing this just tortures me more and more, but I deserve it. I deserve it for taking away her innocence. I deserve it for letting her see something so traumatizing… and then leaving her alone. At least by doing this I can know that she is safe.

    I smile slightly then turn around and make my way back to my apartment.

 

 

    The next day I arrive at the airport and sit down at a table in some café in front of the gate that Alfonso is supposed to come from.


 

No ones POV

    “Okay guys. If we’re right he will defiantly go after this guy. Be on the lookout as soon as we get off the plane.” Taemin says and motion for them to split up. He and Sunny go first and Joohyun and Lay follow after.

 

    “Hey Lay.”

    “Yeah.”

    “Do you feel like… something is strange with this?” He stops and looks at her.

    “What do you mean?”

    “It’s just… they tell us our job is to take down the bad guys but… we’re using the biggest human trafficker as bait to get Baekhyun who doesn’t really do anything bad. Yeah sure he’s trying to take us down but, his only targets so far have been bad people… This all just feels strange to me.”

    “I agree with you on that but right now we just need to focus on our own mission. I’m sure they have another team to take care of Alfonso.” He says and continues walking.

    “Yeah…” she says not sure if she is convinced about that. But she still can’t shake the feeling that not everything Whisper tells them is true…


 

Baekhyun POV

     “There he is.” I say to myself when I spot Alfonso. I get up ready to follow him when I spot someone… Someone I recognize from when I was in Whisper…

 

     I look around and see another person.

 

l9eLy.jpg

 

     “Lay.” I say under my breath. I look in the opposite direction and see another person.

 

J2wgp.jpg

 

     “Joohyun.”

 

     How could I let this happen? I let three Whisper Agents within just a few feet away from me…

     I slowly turn around and walk away.


 

No one’s POV

     “Sunny. Do you have him?” Taemin asks through a hidden mic and looks towards her. She gives him a nod and follows after Baekhyun.

     “He recognized us.” Joohyun says.

     “Don’t worry about it, Sunny has a lock on him. He doesn’t know her. If he didn’t notice you than he doesn’t deserve to be called the best… and this would be really boring.” He says with a smirk.

     “Should we follow him?” Lay asks.

    “No. Let Sunny handle it. He will notice us following him. Let him leave.”


 

Baekhyun POV

     They’re not following me… did they not see me?

    They are definitely not following me but I can’t shake the feeling that I’m being watched… but I don’t see anyone.

 

    …and apparently I was because the next thing I know a woman pops out in front of me and nearly lops my head off.

    She moves like a cat. It takes a lot of effort to dodge her moves.

 

     Luckily I am able to get away from her only to be meet by Joohyun.

 

     “Baekhyun!” she yells and charges towards me. She has gotten better…

     “Why did you betray us?!”

     “I didn’t! Whisper is the bad one here not me!”

     She continues to fight me.

     “I don’t want to hurt you Joohyun!” I yell as I dodge her attempts to hit me.

     “I’m not afraid of you!” She yells.

     “Good.” I say and kick her out from under her feet. She falls to the ground and I make a run for it.

 

     Then I run into Taemin… he successfully injures me...

     I yell in pain as the blade slashes across my chest and arm. He smirks.

     “Is this all you got? You couldn’t even dodge that move.” He says in a mocking tone.

     “You have no idea what I can do.” I say and get up and disarm him. He was able to hit me a few times but I am better. I was able to knock him to the ground too and run.I could hear him following me.

 

     The injury was taking its toll and it was becoming harder to run and my vision was getting blurry. I heal fast but there is no way I will be able to get away from him if I don’t hide… Then I see Lay.

 

     I pause in front of him. He is the last person I want to fight… and I didn’t have to worry about that.

     “Hide there!” He says and points to a bunch of boxes stacked on top of each other. I look at him in confusion.

     “You’re helping me?” I ask.

     “Hurry!” he yells. I decide not to question him anymore and I do what he says. I watch as he runs up the road a little and then starts to run back. I hear Taemin yell.

     “Did you see him?!”

     Lay yells back panting like he had been running a lot.

     “He went that way!”

     I hear them both run the other way. I slowly stand up and go in the opposite direction.

     I don’t know why he’s helping me but at that moment I didn’t care, because all I could think about was Bomi. If they knew where I was then they might even know about her. I needed to see if she was okay.


 

     I stumble my way towards her apartment. Fighting back my mind that was telling me to stop and rest. My vision was getting worse and worse as I fight my body that wanted to just pass out.

     I crawl up the stairs and wait in front of her door. At this time she should be on her way home.

 

     I see her coming down the road so I quickly go towards my old apartment and hide behind the wall. I slide down it and sit.

     I’m so glad that she is okay.

     I was going in and out of consciousness but I was fighting hard to stay awake until she was inside. I can’t risk her  seeing me.

     I hear her footsteps and the jingle of her keys as she stops in front of her door.

 

     Go inside… Go inside… Go… in… si…

 

 

     My vision goes dark…

 

 


 

 

Hope you liked the Chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!

 

Next chapter will continue from chapter 7