Hero?

A Whisper

 

No ones POV

“What do you mean he’s already here?! I told you to get him when he came in!” Taemin yells into the phone. “I’m getting her out of the building you guys chase this bastard down!” He hangs up and immediately dials another number. “Sunny he’s here. Follow us.” He hangs up and runs out of the room.

 

“Aren’t we eating in the mall?” Bomi asks wondering why they’re leaving the building.

“I thought I would take you somewhere else today. There’s this great place to eat and I wanted to take you.” he says and open the car door for her. She hesitantly gets in. He runs around the car and gets in then leans over and puts her seat belt on for her. He starts the car and speeds off.

Bomi furrows her eyebrows because she knows something is off. She pondered whether she should jump out of the car or see where he’s taking her.

 

After about 10 minutes they arrive at crowded market place.

“I’ve always wanted to go to street vendors and I thought this would be the best place to do it.” He says with a smile. She smiles back and he gets out and runs around and opens the door for her. She gets out and he takes her hand and drags her to the market.

 


 

“Ah! I’m full!” Bomi says while rubbing her stomach. Taemin smiles and looks at his phone. “We should head back now.”

“No, let’s walk around a bit.”

“You keep looking at your phone. You must be busy plus my break is over in 15.”

“That’s okay I’ll explain for you.” He says and grabs her hand. She stands her ground and stops him from dragging her.

“What’s going on?” She asks.

“Nothing.”

“You’re acting weird.” He smiles and acts confused.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean your acting like you’re avoiding going to the mall at any cost.” He stares at her a few seconds and sigh.

“Sorry… The truth is, today’s my birthday and I didn’t feel like working all day... and I didn’t want to spend it alone.” He lies and hopes she will believe it. She stares at him for a few seconds and smiles.

“Happy Birthday.” She knew he was lying but decided to along with it. “Then I’ll skip with you! But, I better not be fired!” she warns, he smiles.

“Don’t worry, I already told them you were on a business trip with me today.” He smiles widely. She smiles back.

As they started walking something catches her eye and she looks up and sees Baekhyun running on a roof. automatically drops. She follows his direction and sees a man pointing a gun right at them. Taemin notices her expression and looks to where she is looking. He looks back at her in fear and sees a red dot on her chest.

 

“GET DOWN!”  He yells and jumps in front of her. She screams as they hit the ground and everyone around them does the same and runs around in panic as more shots go off.

Baekhyun watches in horror, hoping… preying she wasn’t hit. He sees her get up and knows she’s fine. He immediately charges towards the guy ready to kill him.

 

“Taemin! Oh my god! Taemin! Are you okay?!” She yells when she sees blood coming out of his arm.

“I’m fine! Just get out of here now!” he yells and pushes her away.

“No!” she yells back and puts her hand on his wound.

“Bomi!”

“I can’t leave you like this so just shut up and let me stop the bleeding!” she yells at him. He sighs and nods.

“Fine, but we can’t stay here.”

“Okay.” She quickly takes off her sweater and wraps it around his wound. “Let’s go.” She says and grabs his hand. They make it back to his car and she puts him in the passenger seat.

“I’ll drive.” He says but she ignores him.

“I know how to drive.” She says and they leave.

She didn’t know what the hell was going on but she knew that Taemin wasn’t a part of this. She knew that he was acting strange all day because of what just happened. She knew he was trying to help her. She just didn’t understand why.

 

 

“Turn left here.” He says but she ignores him. “What are you doing?”

“I don’t know where you’re trying to go but I’m taking you to a hospital.”

“But…”

“No arguing with me!” She yells and speeds up.

 


 

“He’s lucky but he’ll be just fine. He can leave whenever he’s ready.” The doctor says.

“Thank you.” Bomi says and bows then heads into the room.

 

“I hope the press doesn’t get wind of this.” Taemin says in a joking voice.

“Why not? Wouldn’t it be good publicity?”

“Yeah, but then everyone would know we weren’t working and that really we were just playing around. Then there would be rumors spreading around that we’re dating and the board would think I was not suitable to be CEO and or would try to get you to quit, and every girl would be jealous of you… It would be utter chaos.” Bomi scoffs.

“You are very cocky, what makes you think girls would be jealous?”

“Bomi, I’m a great catch. I know this.” She scoffs again. “I’m handsome, rich, cute, and charming! No woman can resist this. I’m an all-kill.”

“Hul!” she says and they both laugh. “Okay mister handsome, rich, cute and charming, the doctor says you’ll be fine and can leave right now.”

“By the way, did you study medicine?” he asks. “Cause the doctor said you knew what you were doing, and that if you didn’t stop the bleeding it could have been a different situation.” Bomi half smiles.

“I’ve studied many things.” She says in a low voice. “Are you shocked or something? That I’m actually pretty smart in some areas?” She says cockily.

“Not really, I always knew you were smart. You’re a catch too.” He says with a smile. His phone rings and he immediately picks it up while Bomi thinks about what he just said.

“What?”… “Of course he did…” … “No leave it alone.” Bomi looks at him intently but softens when he hangs up and looks at her. “Let’s go!” he says with a smile.

 


 

“You didn’t have to drive me home, you’re the injured one.” She says when they arrive in front of her place.

“What kind of gentlemen would I be if I didn’t drive you home?”

“A Mother Father Gentlemen.” She jokes and he laughs.

“So you do know pop culture.” Taemin says teasingly.

“I know many things Mr.All-kill. Get some rest.” She says while getting out of the car.

“You too.” he says and waits until she walks inside before driving off.

While he drives he remembers what Joohyun was saying on the phone.

 

<<<

“Baekhyun caught the guy and dragged him off somewhere.”

“What?”

“He shoved him in the back of a car all tied up and beaten to hell. I was in a building across the street so I couldn’t get to him on time. I couldn’t get the license plate cause he had it covered.”

“Of course he did.”

“I guess it wouldn’t have mattered. He’s good at hiding his tracks. Should I get more agents on the scene?”

“No leave it alone.”

“Okay… Either way I think we don’t have to worry about this guy getting loose. My guess is that Baekhyun’s going to interrogate him then kill him… I would really hate to be that guy right now.” She says and hangs up.

>>>

 

Taemin furrows his eyebrows.

“So you so care for her, Baekhyun.”

 


 

“Today’s shooting comes as a shock, as an unknown suspects shoots into a crowd of unsuspecting Market goers.
 

It was scary. My friend and I were just eating Dukbokki and next thing we know were running for our lives, hoping not to fall.

It was horrible. The crowd was like a stampede, anyone who fell down got trampled.

There were two guys on the roof of that building! One was running towards the guy with the gun! I didn’t see their faces but I think the guy running saved our lives!

That guy was some sort of secret agent! You know the drama Iris! I think he was an NSS Agent! So cool!

Whoever that man was saved us. This could have been a lot worse. He scared the shooter off. Whoever he is, I’m thankful.

 

That was many of the witnesses who were there during this horrific event leaving at least 30 injured and thankfully none dead. There is still no information on who the shooter is and why this happened and there is no information on who the other man was that stopped him from causing more damage. If anyone has information, you are encouraged to call the police and help in the investigation….”

 

 

“Does that mean I’m being hailed as some sort of hero?”

Bomi freezes and everything the TV was saying she couldn’t hear it anymore. After a few more seconds she shuts it off and quickly heads for the bed room without looking at him. He runs after and grabs her arm.

 

“Don’t touch me!” she yells while crying. She wipes her tears and walks away slamming the door shut behind her. Baekhyun sighs and walks to the couch and sits down, burying his face in his hands.

Bomi opens the door again and makes a beeline for him. He stands up and is meet by a few punches and whatever things she could find to throw at him.

“I hate you!” she yells and continues to punch him. He stands there and lets her hit him. “I hate you! I hate you!” she yells a few more times until she starts to calm down. “I thought you died or got caught… or left like last time.” She says as she weakly hits him a few more times. He grabs her arms so she can’t hit him anymore.

 

“I told you that I would never do that again.” He says and grabs her face and pulls her into a kiss.

Her eyes go wide in shock and reflexively she pushes him away. She puts her hand on her lips still trying to register what just happened.

He grabs her hand and pulls it away. Then grabs her face and wipes the tears away with his thumbs and slowly starts kissing her again. This time she doesn’t push him away. She was clinging on the side of his shirt, trying not to fall because she was feeling light headed.

He pulls away so his lips just graze hers he stares in to her eyes and whispers something into her lips.

“I love you, Bomi.”

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hope you like the Chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!