Welcome Back

A Whisper

 

Bomi POV

“This is Lay.” Baekhyun says awkwardly and points to the smiling guy in front of us. I smile and before I could say hi Baekhyun speaks again. “What made him want to talk so willingly?”

“Not sure but he seems awfully calm for someone who failed.” Baekhyun sighs and takes my hand guiding me towards a door. “Go with Lay into the other room.”

“No I’m going in with you.”

“No you’re…”

“Going with you.” I interrupt not allowing him to finish.

He sighs and opens the door and we both walk in. The man looks up and smiles happily.

 

“Oh good she’s here with you.” I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, why is he so happy?

“I don’t know why you have that ridiculous smile on your face it’s not like you’re gonna get another chance to hurt her.”

“I know.”

“Then why are you so happy? It’s very uncharacteristic for someone who just failed.”

“I didn’t fail.” He says and laughs softly to himself.

“What do you mean you didn’t fail? I’m still alive.” I say and Baekhyun looks at me as if saying ‘let me do the talking’.

“Exactly.”

“Enlighten me man, I’m afraid I don’t understand.” Baekhyun says uncaringly. The man chuckles and then slowly starts to laugh loudly.

 

“Man, do you guys honestly think a trained assassin would miss his target?”

“Well, it’s not that you missed but more someone jumped in the way.”

“Are you really that stupid? Byun Baekhyun? Number ing 3… can’t even understand that the placement of the bullet wasn’t a kill shot? I can understand 4 but you? You’re a trained killer for s sake.” He says and laughs again

“3, 4? Another thing I’m not understanding.”

“You are number 3 and she…” he points at me. “is number 4.”

“What as a target list?” The man looks like he’s contemplating a bit before answering

“Yeah… I guess you could see it that way but not exactly.”

“You’re killing me man… All this beating around the bush is starting to tick me off so let me get to the point. Who hired you?”

“Whisper.”

“No they didn’t who hired you?”

“Whisper.” Baekhyun sighs and whispers for me to wait a second. I nod and he leaves the room. The man stares at me with a smile.

 

“You guys really have no idea what you are do you?”

“Humans.” I says simply which he again laughs at.

“Are you?” He asks and I get the strange feeling that he really questions it. “Can such un-worldly things be considered humans?” I have no idea where he is getting at.

“Ok, then tell me what we are.”

“Oh.” He says and chuckles. “You will find out soon enough dear.” He says coldly and a shiver runs through my spine. As if on cue Baekhyun walks back in.

 

“You were not hired by whisper so I’m going to give you one more chance to answer honestly.”

“You think pretty boy behind there knows? He doesn’t know .” he says mockingly. “Not even his precious boss Miss Han Gain knows I was hired. No, this was further up the line. And by now Miss Gain will have gotten her orders to take you both out with extreme prejudice. Don’t believe me? Ask pretty boy who’s is undoubtedly about to receive a call to go in. If I were you I would stop wasting my time here and get that pretty girl of yours out of here. If it’s not already too late.” He says and laughs loudly.

“Thanks for the warning.” Baekhyun responds clamly. “Let’s go.” He says to me and we leave the room and go into the one Lay is in.

“I just got a call… All available agents were called in… you don’t think what he said is true?” Baekhyun doesn’t take the time to answer and grabs my hand and urgently drags me out of the building.

 

“Baekhyun wait.”

“He was telling the truth.” He says panicked and forces me into the car. He hurriedly gets in and speeds off.

“Where are we going?” I ask feeling scared.

“I don’t know just somewhere far from here.”

“Go to the apartment.” I say quickly.

“No.”

“Go to the apartment!” I yell.

“It’s not safe! They probably already got guys there waiting to take us out!” He yells blows a red light almost causing an accident.

“My sister’s picture is there, it’s the only one I’ve got please.” I say and he looks conflicted and finally sighs.

“Fine… but we have to make this quick.” He says and speeds up.

 

 


 

No ones POV

“What the hell is going on?” Taemin asks when he enters the team room.

“Targets.” Joohyun says calmly

“Who?”

“Byun Baekhyun and…”

“And?”

“Yoon Bomi.”

Taemin furrows his eyebrows in confusion as shock settles in.

“Bomi?” He asks in disbelief. “Why is she a target?” He asks as anger starts to rise.

“Because I told them about her since you weren’t.”

“What?” He says in disbelief. “You went behind my back and snitched?” He asks and huffs.

“You were being unprofessional I had to do something.”

Taemin throws a chair out of the way and slams her against the wall.

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU’VE JUST DONE?!!!” he yells and punches the wall next to her face before releasing her and bolting out of the room, Sunny following close after.

Joohyun stands there in the now empty room, not sure herself whether she made the right decision or not.

 


 

“I got her picture.” Bomi says and runs back into the living room as Baekhyun runs towards her with a bag.

“We’re leaving the country, I have passports in the bag and things to change our appearance.” He says and grabs her hand and they leave the apartment.

Bomi accidently bumps into a little girl as they run past her. She quickly says sorry and turns around and they run down the stairs.

As soon as they reach the last step there is a bright flash.

 


 

Bomi POV

My ears are ringing and my vision is blurred. There’s smoke everywhere…

My vision starts to clear and all I can see is rubble and fire… and blood.

Slight echoes of screaming reach my ears.

“Bomi!” I hear Baekhyun call out my name and then I see his face above mine… horror written all over his face.

“They… all those innocent… all those people.” I try to speak but my heart feels so much pain and my head feels like it’s splitting in half I can’t.

I look to my right and see the little girl lying on the ground lifeless… how could they do this?

How could they kill so many people, just to kill two?

 

I scream and cry out painfully.

Baekhyun grabs my face and forces me to look at him.

“How could they?!” I scream which causes more searing pain to shoot through my head and body.

“Don’t, don’t look… just look at me. Only me.” He says as tears line his eyes too. “Don’t move just stay still.” He says in a panicked tone.

My legs are tingling painfully but there is one spot that felt wrong… My eyes gaze down and I see blood pooling out of my stomach and on to the ground… A piece of metal I think, sticking out of me.

“Don’t look!” Baekhyun says in a tone that is more painful than any physical injury I have.

My fingers and toes are starting to feel numb.

“Baekhyun.” I whisper and he shakes his head.

“You’re going to be fine.” He says in a shaky voice.

 

But I know that’s not the case… I know that I am past the point of being saved. This injury is too severe.

 

“Baekhyun, don’t…” I choke out a cry. “Don’t lose your way.” I say and he immediately starts crying and shaking.

“Bomi please.” He pleads.

“Don’t ever lose your way.” I say as warm tears hit my cheeks. “Now go.”

“No!” he yells and clutches to me harder. My heart rips.

“Please go, we both can’t die.”

“You’re not going to die…” he says breathlessly.

“You have to stop them so this doesn’t happen to anyone else.”

“Bomi.” He brings his forehead to mine.

“Go.” I whisper and he shakes his head.

I use whatever strength I have left in my arm and bring my hand to his face and pull it towards me and he immediately kisses me.

My arm becomes to week and falls to the ground. He breaks the kiss and lets out a cry.

“Stay with me!” he yells. “Please… I love you.”

“I love you too.” I whisper.

I look to the side a bit and notice Lay is sitting next to us… his eyes were flooded with pity. He sees me looking at him.

“Please.” I say weakly and he closes his eyes, a tear goes down his cheek. He looks back at me and nods. He grabs Baekhyun’s arm and starts to pull.

“LET GO!” he yells in protest.

“We have to get out of here!”

“I’m not leaving without her!”

“There’s nothing you can do.”

“I CAN! SHE’S NOT GOING TO DIE! SHE’S NOT…”    He is cut off by a hard hit to the head.

“I’m sorry Baek.” He says and throws Baekhyun’s unconscious body on his back.

“Thank you.” I say in a whisper. He nods and carries him off.

Please… please be safe…

I love you, Baekhyun.

 


 

No ones POV

“Oh my god.” Taemin says in a shaky voice when he sees Bomi’s apartment building on fire and in ruin. Sirens and flashing lights all over. People covered in blood running in all directions to get away.

He immediately runs in yelling Bomi’s name desperately.

 

After what seemed like forever he spots her… and loses his balance because of his shaking legs.

“Bomi.” He whispers and runs over to her panicked.

He kneels beside her his breath becomes short.

With shaking hands he feels her neck for a pulse. Then brings his head to her chest.

He can feel and hear a heartbeat, but it’s very week.

 

Sunny finds them and runs over. He looks at her panicked.

“GET A MEDIC TEAM NOW!” he yells. She nods and immediately leaves.

He places his hands on her face and caresses her cheeks.

“Please stay with me.” he mumbles over and over again.

 

 


 

Bomi POV

I slowly start to wake… it feels like I’ve been sleeping forever.

My mind is completely blank… confusion sets in… I look around and see many unfamiliar things… even my own name is a mystery.

The walls are all white… So white it’s hard to tell just how big the room is…The lights tracing the corners like a never ending line.

I look down and see myself in tight fitting white clothes… an IV coming out of my arm.

What happened? Where is this place?

 

I hear a faint noise and look up to see a door disappearing up into the wall. A beautiful woman walks into the room… Her heels creating clicking sounds that echo off the walls. She smiles softly and speaks.

“Welcome back, Agent Yoon Bomi.”

 

 

 


 

YAY AN UPDATE!! I KNOW! lol.... -hides in shame-

I feel like I rushed this chapter so if it seems rushed it is lol. I just had NO inspiration for this part but i promise the other chapters will be better cause I have lots of insiration =) I just needed to get to where Bomi is right now so I rushed it cause if i didn't I probably would have take forever again to update it.

 

 

I hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!