you aren't a bad person.

A Whisper

 

Bomi POV

     Taemin gives his good byes after saying he will give me ride home whenever I need it… which will be never if I can help it.

     “Suho” and I make our way home. I was going to ask him why he is doing this but the first thing he said to me when Taemin left was “not here.”

      I nodded and pretended like I was catching up with an old friend on our walk home. He walked me to the down stairs apartment which was mine and then made his way to the one upstairs. I entered took off my shoes and immediately went to the bedroom and opened the secret door and headed upstairs where he was already waiting for me.

      He was sitting on the bed smiling and still had his mask on. I furrowed my eyebrows while looking at him. How can he smile like nothing happened? He put himself right in the enemy’s fire…

 

     He seems to notice my mood and stops smiling and pulls off his mask. He smiles again.

     “Convincing isn’t it?” He says while smirking.

 

     Really? That’s what he wants to say right now?

     I walk over and hit him on the arm.

 

     “Ah! What are you hitting me for?” he asks as I continue to hit him.

     “Pabo!” I yell as tears form in my eyes. I’m happy that he will always be beside me, but I’m not happy that he put himself in so much danger. What if he got caught?

     He doesn’t stop me from hitting him. I sigh deeply.

     “Why would you put yourself in danger?! What if he finds out it’s you?! Why are you doing this?!” I yell and whine.

     He stands up and grabs my wrists to stop me from hitting him.

 

     “Are you doing this so you have an opportunity to kill him?!” I ask and try to release myself from his grip.

     He pulls me closer and hugs me tightly.

     “No.” he says and tightens his hug. “I’m doing this because I want to protect you. I saw a report on the internet about there being a new C.E.O. of the mall, and saw his name… If I had it my way I would have sent you somewhere far away from here but I know you wouldn’t do that. I know you would insist on staying. So I had to come up with something else and this was it. For some reason he has taken an interest in you… and I want to know why… so I have no plans of killing him soon… unless of course he tries to hurt you.”

 

     I sigh and try to understand and except his reasons.

     “Baekhyun, you should be more concerned with taking whisper down, not with me. I know you promised my sister to protect me. I know she did a lot for you but you don’t have to…”

     “No.” he says and tightens his hug even more. “I’m not protecting you because of a promise…”

     I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

     “Then why?” I ask. There were a few moments of silence

 

     “Because… I lo…”

 

*BRING!!!*

 

     His response was cut off by his phone. He sighs deeply and mumbles something that sounded like why does this always happen? And then he releases me from the hug and picks up his phone.

     I watch as he listens to someone on the other line but then I quickly look away when his eyes go soul-less…

 

     I hear him say okay and hand up. I glance at him and watch as he takes out a duffle bag from the closet.

     “Who was that?” I ask feeling worried.

 

     “It was someone with information about a Whisper sponsor.” He says and starts taking off his clothes. I quickly turn around shocked… he could have warned me…

     “What are you going to do?” I ask but know full well what he is going to do… He doesn’t respond. I hear him zip up his jacket. I slowly turn around and see him dressed in all black and he was sitting on the bed tying his shoes…

 

     I just got done saying that he should be more worried about taking down whisper… and this was what he was about to try and do… but why do I want to stop him?... I don’t want him to kill… even though I know he must…

 

     I am snapped out of my thoughts when I feel something warm on my cheek. My face burns red when I notice that he just kissed it.

     “I did it because I want to protect you. I don’t want to lose you.” he says and then leaves.

 

      I wanted to tell him not to go… and to tell him that I don’t want to lose him either.

 


 

     It is now 1 am and he still isn’t home. I still don’t even know if he will be coming back tonight…

     I stare at the clock which now says 2. I close my eyes and lean back on the couch, trying to think positive. Nothing bad will happen to him… he’s strong, smart, and even if he does get hurt, he will heal quickly.

     I sigh and continue to keep my eyes shut. I furrow my brows and bite my bottom lip hoping… no praying, that he will return safely.

 

     I feel movement next to me and then something falls into my lap. I quickly open my eyes and see Baekhyun lying down with his head on my lap and his eyes closed. I sigh in relief.

 

     “You should be in bed pabo.” He says and repositions his head slightly. He looked so tired… I bring my hand to his hair and start to push it out of his face and it. I can see a faint smile appear on his face.

     “I’m going to go take a shower. You go to bed.” He gets up and heads towards the bathroom.

 


 

      I was lying on the bed thinking about how this whole “Suho” thing was going to work out when I feel a towel fall on my face. I take it off and sit up.

     “Help me dry my hair.” He says with a smile on his face. I scoff at him as he brings a stool over and sits on it. “It felt nice earlier when you were petting my hair.”

     I smile and sit behind him and start drying his hair.

     “How is this the same?” I ask pretending like I didn’t want to do it.

     “You’re right.” He says and gets up and leaves the room. He comes back with the hair dryer and hands it to me. “This should be better!” he says and sits down. I chuckle and plug it in.

 

     “Yup… this is better!” He says as I slowly brush my hand through his hair as I dry it with the other.

 

     We kept silent for the whole time as I dried his hair. I wasn’t sure what to talk about.

     “Something is bothering you… what is it?” he asks as I turn off the hair dryer. I don’t say anything and bring it back to the bathroom

     “It’s nothing.” I say after I return and lay myself back on the bed. He sighs and turns off the lights then lies down next to me. He stares at me for a few minutes and then moves himself closer. He wraps his hands around my waist and lays his head on my chest.

     “What are you doing?” I ask feeling embarrassed.

     “Comfort me.”

     “What?” I ask. He sighs and after a few seconds responds.

 

     “I’m not feeling to well… so comfort me.”

 

     I’m not sure what he means by not feeling well but I’m guessing it has something to do with what he did tonight…

 

     After about a minute I hmm in approval and start to brush my hand through his hair. It smelled like coconut from the shampoo… it was such a warm smell.

 

     “I can’t stop now.”

 

     My hand pauses for a few seconds then   I nod and continue to brush it.

     “I know…” I say and snuggle him closer. “I just, want you to know that, you aren’t a bad person… so don’t ever think that you are.”

 

    

     There were a few moments of silence and then he lifts his head up and brings his lips to mine.

 

 

     I instantly freeze and go wide eyed. He pulls away and smiles then puts his head back on my chest.

     “Go to sleep now.” He says as I continue to be shocked. My face was on fire and my heart was exploding. And it was only increasing because I know for sure he could hear and feel it beating so hard… there’s no way I’m getting any sleep now.

 

 


 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!