Pounce

A Whisper

 

 

No ones' POV

     Bomi was staring at him wide eyed. She couldn’t believe he was going to tell her. She was relieved but at the same time scared at what he was going to tell her.

     “Before I go on, I have to ask… why didn’t you call the police?” She looks down trying to find an answer that even she didn’t know.

     “Honestly, I don’t know. I…if it was someone else I probably would have, but…I guess I just, trusted you…”

     That night when he left, she only said she was going to call the police, but she never meant it. Even after that day not once did, call the police cross her mind. She only thought about how is he doing? or, is he okay?, is he eating well?, etc.

      Now that she thinks about, she acted like what most people would call her… a fool. But she didn’t care, because he was Baekhyun…

     “I see… well what I’m going to tell you… you’re not going to like, and it will be hard to believe… but I need you to trust me… once more.”

     She nods her head and waits for him to start.

     “Well, I guess I should start from the beginning…

 


When I was 11, I was in an accident with my parents. They didn’t make it. I had no other family to go to so I would inevitably end up in an orphanage… but that never happened.

A lady came up to me in the hospital and told me she paid for the hospital bills and funeral, and that she would be my new family.

At that moment I was relieved. My life that came crashing down on me was lifted up in the next moment…

She took me to this place… I don’t even know what the real name is but at this place, there were other children just like me…

We were trained every day in martial arts and we learned new languages and people skills. They told us from the very beginning that all the things we were learning were to fight evil… to protect the innocent…

Most children wouldn’t like that, but for us, it was fun… They would always listen to us if were felling down, they let us play games if we were tired… They completely made us feel at home… they made us feel like we were important… and they made us loyal…

I was 15 when they sent me out on my first mission. They told me he was a dangerous man that murdered innocent people for the fun of it… so they had me take care of him…

When I was 16, because of my capabilities, they transferred me to a new program comprised of the best of the best… it was called Whisper...

There they did experiments on us… trying to make us super soldiers… make us faster, stronger, sense better… heal faster…

The only problem was is that none of the experiments worked…

Until they did them on me…

For some unknown reason, my DNA took to things they were injecting in me daily… and I became faster and stronger. I could sense better and heal faster… think clearer…

Kill, better…

So I used the new found power to go on more missions and “save the world”…

That was until I found “saving the world” wasn’t what I thought it was…”


 

     Baekhyun pauses a little not sure whether to continue. Bomi was trying to take everything in, it was hard to believe that he was someone like this and she never knew. She could never have guessed. How can his past be like this when he is so cheerful and sweat now?

     He continues.

 


A fellow agent told me that I should get out… and get out quickly… I didn’t understand what she was talking about. Why would I want to leave?

She told me things… about how we weren’t saving anyone… we weren’t protecting the innocent…

We weren’t the good guys… we were the bad ones… we were the ones that murdered the innocent…

So with her help, I escaped… she wasn’t able to… she died helping me get out…

But before she did she told me about her sister…


 

     He pauses again. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

 


She told me that someone needed to protect her… to get her away from her parents… to save her…

So that was the first thing I did. I looked for… she wasn’t where she was supposed to be so I thought the worst… but I ended up finding her anyways…


 

     He looks into Bomi’s eyes, which were starting to look uneasy.

 


I found her… and I moved into the apartment next to her.


 

     Bomi felt like a rock just crushed her.


 

… and I have been watching her… getting to know her… protecting her… falling in …

 


 

     “STOP!” Bomi yells interrupting him before he could finish as she starts to breathe heavily. Her tears start to fall.

     “Chorong…” she barely breathes out.

     “She saved me.” he says trying to stop the crushing feeling in his own chest… He couldn’t stand the broken heart that was showing on her face…

     She looks him right in the eye.

     “She… she was an agent… like you?” She asks as she frowns her eyebrows. He nods slowly.

     “And… she…s-she’s dead.” She frowns even more as her face contorts into complete heartbreak.

     “I’m sorry…” he says and continues to look her in the eye. She starts to cry loudly and even starts hitting him, like he was the one who did it.

 

     Her arms start to become weak and he pulls her into a tight hug, not daring to let go until she stopped crying. He didn’t care how long it would take. He just knew he couldn’t let her go. She, after a few minutes, hugs him back tightly and cries into his shoulder and neck.


 

     After almost an hour of crying she finally pulls away.

     “Continue.” She says in a hoarse voice.

     “No. Not today.” He says and brushes away the hair in her face.

     “I’m fine, just continue.”

     “No… you’re not fine.” He says and grabs her arm. She doesn’t respond.

     “You said, that they did experiments on you…?” she looks at him earnestly.

     “Bomi let’s not right now…”

     “Please, I need to ask or I won’t be able to… do anything…” Baekhyun sighs.

     “Yes.”

     “And they altered you somehow?”

     “Yes.”

     “If they were able to do something like that… then maybe they were able to save her.” She says hopefully.

     “Bomi, even if they could, they wouldn’t. I saw her get shot right in front of me… I was with her until she died… I’m sorry.”

     “I know it sounds like I’m in denial, but I know she’s alive… I just somehow feel it.” She looks at him strongly. She was so confident that she wasn’t dead.

     “Look, it’s possible. But I’m not going to give you false hope. They would have no reason to keep her alive.”

     “Maybe they would have a reason.”

     Baekhyun sighs after a while.

     “Look… I’m not promising you anything, so don’t expect it to happen… but I will take it as you are right… and I will try to find her.” Her eyes light up and she hugs him.

     “Thank you.” she whispers.

     “There’s nothing to thank Bomi, I’m not promising anything.”

     “I know… but you didn’t reject the idea.” she says and hugs him tighter. He hugs her back.

 

     “We should go to bed now.” He says and releases her and drags her to her room. He releases her hand and plops himself on the bed. Bomi blushes.

     “W-what are you doing?”

     “Well, we all know that you are going to “sleep in your room” and then just come out to me and pounce again, so I might as well come to your bed where it’s comfortable. Now go brush your teeth and wash your face… you’re a mess.” He says and lays his head down.

     “I didn’t pounce!” she yells in embarrassment. He waves his hands in an uncaring manner and rolls on his side. She glares at him and stomps to her room.

     He turns his head towards the door.

     “So cute!” he says to himself and smiles.


 

      Bomi was lying in the bed facing the wall as she waited for Baekhyun to come back from the bathroom. She already slept next to him twice but that was when he was already sleeping!

     She was contemplating on pretending to be asleep before he came back but those thoughts were interrupted when he jumps onto the bed and flips her around and into a hug.

     “W-w-what are you doing!!!”

     “This seems to be how you like to sleep… considering you did the same thing last night.”

     “I did not!” she yells as her face burns red.

     “Relax.” He says and brings her in closer. “I’m cold so just deal with it.” Her heart felt like it was going to explode.

     “T-t-that’s what blankets are for!”

     “Shhhh!” he says as he covers . “Just sleep.” He says and leans over and turns off the light. He closes his eyes and snuggles his head into the pillow with his chin touching the top of her head. She tenses up and has her eyes wide open.

     “Relax you muscles will you? I know you’re right now but I’m not going to do anything so calm your hormones down.”

     “Who’s ?!” she yells as she pushes on his chest trying get away from him. He laughs at her and hugs her tighter.

     “I’m just kidding clam down.”

     “Why do you always do that?” she pouts and tries to calm her burning face.

     “Because it’s so easy to get you worked up.” She sighs at his ridiculous reason.

     “Should I sing for you?”

     “Eh?” she asks.

     “To help you sleep.” She doesn’t respond so he just starts to sing anyways….


Listen along if you want =D

 

Girl, I can’t explain what I feel

~My baby baby baby babe babe~

~yeah yeah~

Making a day feel like a minute

With you, I’m the main character of a movie

As if I’m about to film an action scene to come see you

As if I became a hero.

You’re perfect to me, I imagined

How would it be if we were together?

If only you say okay

Everything is perfect, oh baby.

 

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you

Except you, everything gets in slow motion.

Tell me, if this is love.

Every day with you

Sharing and learning countless emotions

Fighting, crying, and hugging.

Tell me, if this is love.

All the guys in the world are jealous of me.

They must be jealous to death of me, for having you.

Even after the sun and moon go down

It will never change

You will find out that I’m a guy who you can trust

I don’t know why, this unconditional emotion

Did I ever imagine?

Next to me, as I become a better guy

You shine more brightly.

 

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you

Except you, everything gets in slow motion

Tell me, if this is love.

Every day with you

Sharing and learning countless emotions

Fighting, crying, and hugging.

Tell me, if this is love.

If you wish and wish earnestly

Will it come true, like in fairy tales?

A never-ending happy ending, happily ever after

I will trust you, protect you and comfort you

I will be on your side

I will never leave you side.

 

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you

Except you, everything gets in slow motion.

Tell me, if this is love.

Every day with you

Sharing and learning countless emotions

Fighting, crying, and hugging.

Tell me, if this is love.

All the guys in the world are jealous of me.

They must be jealous to death of me, for having you.

~My babe baby babe baby babe babe~

I can tell, this is love

I will make you smile often, like a child

I will make you feel the most comfortable, like a friend

 

~My babe baby babe baby babe babe~

Tell me, what is love?


 

     …How could she possibly fall asleep after hearing his beautiful voice sing something like that? Her heart was beating at a ridiculous rate.

      He could feel her heart beating quickly and he smiles to himself.

     “Now I know you’re .” He says in a y voice. She immediately hits him in the stomach.

     Why does he have to ruin everything?!

 


 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!