Chapter 1

A Whisper

How can this be?

How can my next door neighbor…

Someone who is sweet, cute, kind, thoughtful and caring….

Someone whose eyes are so gentle and warm…

Someone whose smile is as bright as the sun…

Someone that will help you carry things up the stairs if they are too heavy…

Or help you if some guy won’t leave you alone…

Someone who can make you laugh harder than anything in the world….

Someone who can sometimes make your heart flutter…

 Someone who I think I may even love…

How can someone like this…

Actually have eyes as cold as ice?

 How can someone like this…

Have absolutely no emotions?

How can my sweet, sweet, neighbor….

Be a cold blooded murderer?

 


One week ago

 

     The moon was full and lighting the night sky. The air was warm and had a cool breeze. How could a night as nice as this be so bothersome?

     Tonight I finally decided to put my foot down and confront this guy who has been constantly following me. Yesterday he tried to follow me home and it really freaked me out. I have told him before that I wasn’t interested but that was clearly not enough.

     We were standing in the alley behind my work where he was waiting for me to get off to harass me again.

     He tries to convince me to go out with him for the hundredth time. I tell him once again what I always do…

     “I’m sorry, but I don’t feel that way about you. No matter what you do that won’t change. So please stop showing up at my work, and please stop trying to following me home. It is becoming ridiculous. If you don’t stop I will get a restraining order.” I turn to walk away.

     “Yah!” he yells and grabs my arm and swings me back around to face him. He pushes me against the brick building with force and I instantly feel pain in elbow as it scraps against it. I ignore the pain… I was more concerned with the look in his eyes. He brings his other hand up and grabs a hold of my jaw forcing me to look at him.

     “Let me go!” I muffle through his grip squeezing my cheeks and try to break free from his strengthening grip on my arm.

     “SHUT UP!” he yells and bangs his hand against the wall. I flinch afraid that he was going to do something, much worse. He was breathing heavily on my face… I could smell the liquor on his breath. He grabs jaw my again.

     “Please…” I beg as I start to shake from fear.

     “You listen to me you little ! You’re going to do what I tell you, or things are going to get real ugly!” His eyes looked wild. Tears started to form in my eyes and just as I was expecting the worst someone grabs his wrist and twists it off my face. He turns and tries to free the hand which was now gripping his.

     “Who the hell are you!?” he yells and tries to free himself. I see the guy who is helping me, and to my relief I see that it’s my neighbor. Byun Baekhyun.

     “I’ll give you three seconds to remove your hand from her arm.” He says in a deep voice. His eyes were glaring with fire right into his. I have never seen him look so scary before.

     “Hah! And what are you gonna do about it? Huh?! Back off! This is mine!” He yells and squeezes my wrist. I let out a sound of pain.

     “Times up.” Baekhyun suddenly takes his arm and twists it, breaking its hold on my wrist. I bring my arm up to my chest and rub it with my hand trying to get circulation back into it. Baekhyun twists his arm around his back and I hear a snap along with a shriek of pain.

     “AGGHHHH! YOU BROKE MY ARM YOU BASTARD! AGHHHH!” He collapsed to the ground and rolls around in pain. I watch in shock… not because he broke his arm, but that he could! Baekhyun is so gentle. I had no idea he was so strong.

 

 

     Baekhyun bends down and grabs the guy’s collar, bringing his face about 5 inches away from his.

     “Shut up.” He says in an extremely threatening tone. The wailing man instantly stops yelling and looks into his eyes with fear all over his face.

     “You listen to me you little prick. You’re going to do what I tell you, or things are going to get real ugly.” He repeated the words the guy said to me just moments ago. Baekhyun gets closer to his face and whispers something in his ear.

 

     “If you ever show yourself in front of her again… I’ll kill you.”

 

     He releases the man’s collar and turns back to me. His face instantly turns from cold to warm and his eyes go from rigid to soft. He smiles and gently grabs my hand and pulls me away from the guy who was on the ground looking like he saw a ghost.


 

No one’s POV

     Across the street a figure wearing a black trench coat stands chewing on a tooth pick as he watches them leave the man in the ally way, which was now clenching his arm and kicking his legs around. Baekhyun turns and glances across the street. He looks right at him and smirks. The man in black opens his eyes wider as Baekhyun turns his head back around. He spits the tooth pick on the ground and quickly takes out his cell. He quickly dials a number and brings it to his ear.

 

     “Yeah I found him.”

     “Oh, no! I’m not telling you !” he listens to the person on the other line.

     “No. You definitely undervalued how much you should be paying me. And to add to that, you left out the fact that this guy is obviously someone you shouldn’t with! I didn’t know I was hunting an agent!” He listens as his eye brows furrow

     “I agreed to do your ing job for you because you’re a dumb that doesn’t know how to find one person.”

     “No! I don’t give a ! I want another 10 mill if you want my information.”

     “No that! This guy obviously doesn’t around. You are totally trying to me over! If you want to continue using our services then wire the money to my account! And If I don’t see it by Friday, then that’s just too ing bad for you! Because there’s no way I’m sticking my neck out for your on this one! This ing guy knows I was looking for him!”

     “I guess we should cut off all contact than, because whether you tell us or not, if he really did find out about you than you’re a dead man already.”

     “What?!” his eyes widen.

     “He’s a Super Hero wannabe… He protects the innocent and takes down the villain… and you are the villain. The only difference between Super Heroes and him… he kills the villain.”

     His eyes open wide and he is about to say something when she speaks again.

     “Nice doing business with you.” *Click*

     “Hello? Hello!?.... Son of a !” he yells and throws his phone against the wall breaking it. He runs his hands through his hair then swings them down in frustration.


 

      “Why did you give him this job? He’s wreak less. He was clearly going to be caught.” A young looking man was standing next to a woman as the both looked out the window and to the city below. A smirk slowly forms on her face.

     “Exactly.” She says with a mischievous tone.

     “You wanted him to die?” he asks surprised.

     “He has become an obstacle to Whisper. He is not clean with his executions. He draws too much attention. I just wanted to make him busy so he wouldn’t screw up anything else.”

     “What if we lose his companies services because of this?”

     She lets out a chuckle.

     “They’re the ones that suggested it.” She turns and walks over to her chair and sits down. The placard on the desk reads Han Ga In.

     “Do you think he will kill him? He most likely knows that’s what your plan is.” He says as he walks over and stands in front of the desk.

     “Of course he knows. I taught him well.” Her smirk deepens and there was a glint of pride in her eyes. “Baekhyun will kill him anyway. That man’s hands are filled with the blood of the innocent; he has murdered many people on his own terms simply because he enjoys it. Baekhyun will kill him to protect any more from dyeing.” All the pride in her eyes leaves as it is replaced with disappointment. “Plus he thinks it would negatively impact us.” She scoffs.

     “Baekhyun was perfect, until his conscious got in the way. The only flaw in him was his heart. He hates seeing innocence suffer and will avenge them no matter what... If only he didn’t find out the truth of this place.” She sighs with a hint of frustration. “That’s why I know he will kill that man.” She rubs her eyes and sighs again.

     “Can you get me some tea Minho? I’m stressed.”

     “Neh.” He bows and leaves the room.


 

Bomi POV

     After a while of walking we stop and he leads me to sit on a bench. He kneels down and grabs my arm and starts to observe the bruises the guy left from griping it so hard. He then gently turns it around to see my elbow that was bleeding from him pushing me against the wall.

     “Wait here. I’ll go buy some medication.” He gives me a smile and walks away. I wanted to tell him that it was okay and that I could just bandage and ice it when I got home… but for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to say it.

 

     He comes back with a bag in his hand. He takes out some cleaning spray and gently works on my arms.

     “Your taste in men is horrible.” He says and lets out a little laugh.

     “I don’t have any interest in him! He is what you call a stalker.” He rolls his eyes.

     “Well then you attract the weird ones.”

     We sit here in silence as he continues to treat my wounds.

     “Thank you.” I say and lower my head.

     “No need to thank me.” he gives me a bright smile. It was one of those smiles that can make any girl’s heart flutter. He turns his attention back to my arm. I stare at him wishing to see that smile again. Huh?! I shake my head trying to push the thoughts out.

     “I didn’t even know you could fight. You looked so intimidating and scary.” I say and smile. He pauses for a second and then me another smile but for some reason, I feel like this one is covered with darkness.

     “Learned when I was a kid.” He says lowly. For some reason I feel bitterness in his response. I start to feel nervous thinking maybe I touched something he didn’t want to talk about.

     “D-do you have any other hidden talents I don’t know about?” I ask hoping to raise the mood.

     “I have more than you could ever imagine.” He smiles and stands up. “Okay! All done!” he throws the blood covered wipes in the trash and puts the unused ones back into the bag. “Let’s go home!” he smiles warmly turns and starts to walk. Maybe it was just my imagination…


 

     “See you tomorrow.” Baekhyun smiles again and goes into his apartment. I find myself smiling also as I go into my own.

     I throw my bag on the floor and plop myself on my bed. I sigh and yawn.


    

     I was about to fall asleep when I hear taping on my door.

*tap* *tap* *tap* *tap* *tap* *tap*

     “Oh come on!” I whine as I get up. I look at my clock and see that it’s 12:05. Who in the hell? During this time of night…

     I sigh and walk to the door and open it.

     Baekhyun sticks his head in. He had his eye brows raised with his eyes closed and had his mouth in a frowning position.

     “What are you doing?” I ask as I laugh at his face.

     He holds out his hands and says. “Ramen.”

     I stop laughing.

     “Are you serious?” I ask with a mong expression.

     “Neh.” He says and walks in without my permission. I scoff and close the door.

     “Why didn’t you just ask for it before instead of waiting until I almost fell asleep?”

     “Because I said “I’ll see you tomorrow” and if I came before that then it would have been awkward! And I would have become some kind of liar. I don’t want to be a liar.” He says with a serious expression.

     “What?” I say in disbelief. He suddenly smiles then grabs the remote and plops on the floor I couldn’t help but laugh at that. He always says and does the weirdest things. He never fails to make me laugh.

     “You know, if you didn’t save me today I would have already kicked you out!” I say and turn around and head towards the kitchen.

     “No you wouldn’t have!” he shouts from the living room. I smile and don’t say anything because I know that’s true.


 

     I bring out the newly cooked ramen and put it on the table that he already pulled out. He instantly starts eating.

     “Don’t you have food at home?”

     “Yeah but not ramen.” He mumbles while shoving his mouth full of food.

     “You have money, you can go buy some! Stop mooching off the poor!” I complain. He drops his chop sticks and looks at me intently.

     “I save your life and this is the thanks I get?” he asks with his eyes and mouth wide open. I pout and sigh. “Fine, I’ll just leave then.” He suddenly gets up. Shocked I grab his arm to stop him from leaving.

     “Okay! Okay! Sorry!” I say panicked. He turns around and smiles and sits back down and continues to eat.

     “You’re so childish… you're supposed to be 2 years older than me!” I yell and cross my arms. He looks up and gives me a wide smile. I start to laugh because his teeth had seasoning and noodles all over it.

 

     He finished eating and was looking around while I rinsed the dishes. He picked up a picture that was sitting on the shelf and looks at it. I dry my hands and walk over.

                 

     “My sister. Chorong.” I say with a tender smile.

     “How come I haven’t seen this before.”

     “It was in my room. I brought it out here when I was cleaning my room. I forgot to put it back in there.” He nods his head and looks back at it.

     “She looks nothing like you, I guess she got all the looks…”

     I snarl before snatching it from him and put it back on the shelf. “That’s right! She’s pretty!” I say with a smile. I stare at the picture for a few seconds.

 

     “This photo was taken when she was 17… It was my 10th birthday and she took me out to play the entire day. We had so much fun!” I smile sweetly thinking about it. “Her birthday is in a week… she’s turning 26.” Baekhyun smiles.

 

     “Our parent’s were pissed when we got home. They slapped her for being irresponsible. They didn’t even know it was my birthday…” My expression turns dark.

     “She disappeared the next day...” a tear falls from my face.

 

     “I thought it was our parents.. I thought they sent her away..” more tears.

     “The police said that she was most likely dead and to forget about her. My parent’s didn’t seem to care.” I start to breathe heavily, getting angered.

     “But for me, I know that’s not possible… I don’t know what happened, but I know she is still alive…”

    More tears fall.

     “I can feel it…” I stop when I feel warms arms wrap around me.

 

     Baekhyun pats my back softly. My tears stop falling and my breathing gets back to normal.

     “I’ll be on a business trip for a week. Try not to get into trouble.” He says and releases me and goes to the door and leaves. I watch as the door closes.

     “What was that about? Is that how he comforts people?” I shrug my shoulders and go to my bed and lay down. I blush as I remember him hugging me. I shove my face in my blankets and go to sleep.


 

No one’s POV

     Baekhyun closes the door and goes to his own apartment. As soon as he closes the door he leans back against it. He closes his eyes and sighs deeply. When he opens them again they are dark… and cold.

 

 To be Continued....


 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!