I fail completely

A Whisper

 

No one’s POV

     “Are you sure it’s okay to be walking together?” She whispers as they walk to the bus stop and get on. He smiles and motions for her to sit down.

     “Yes, I’m sure. The only thing you need to worry about is people thinking you like me because that blush on your face hasn’t disappeared since last night.” He whispers. She blushes even harder and fake smiles.

     “Shut up.” She hisses. “Are you really not going to tell me why you did that?” He scoffs.

     “Well I figured it would be pretty obvious, and no, I’m not going to tell you because every time I try I get interrupted and it pisses me off. So I’m going to wait for a moment where absolutely nothing can do that.”

     “That makes no sense!”

     “Yeah well get used to it because I plan on doing it a lot more.” He says with a smirk. She was about to speak again but he interrupts her. “No more talking about this in public dear friend. You never know who’s listening.” She immediately drops it but fully plans on prying it out of him later.

 


 

     “Bomi!” as soon as they walk in, Naeun waves at her while smiling. She sighs as Naeun motions for her to go over.

     “Aww you made a friend.” Baekhyun smiles. She smiles at him in an unconvincing way.

     “Yeah, except for the fact she hates me.” She says and walks over.

 

     “I have something to tell you.” She squeals in an overly excited tone and drags her into the dressing rooms. “What the hell?!” She yells, clearly pissed off.

     “What?” Bomi asks and starts to get dressed.

     “You are such a Bomi!”

     Bomi scoffs and turns towards her.

     “Excuse me?”

     “You heard me! You two timing !”

     “Look, just because you’re jealous that neither Suho or Taemin are interested in you, it doesn’t give you the right to call me a two timing .” Bomi says and finishes dressing. “Maybe you should be more focused on fixing that crappy personality of yours instead of chasing guys who are in no way interested.” She says and walks out of the room ignoring Naeun’s yells.

 


 

     “You finally made friends and you screw it up!” Baekhyun whispers as they stack the books. Bomi looks towards Naeun who was glaring at her.

     “We were never friends and she doesn’t like me because of you.”

     “What did I do?”

     “Well if you didn’t choose a mask that was so attractive than she wouldn’t be jealous of the attention you give me!”

     “Oh? So you think I’m attractive?” Bomi pauses and blushes a bit.

     “Yes, Suho is very attractive.”

     “Oh yeah? And what about the real me?”

     “Meh.” She says in the most uncaring manner she could conger and walks away smiling. He scoffs and watches her go. He looks at his reflection in the window and glares.

     “It’s ridiculous that she can make me jealous of a mask.” He says and shakes his head.

 


 

Bomi POV

     “Let’s go to lunch!” Baekhyun says and grabs my arm.

     “Mind if I join?” Naeun asks with an angelic face. I innerly scoff.

     “Of course you can! Bomi needs new friends. She’s always been a loner.” He says while smiling. I hear Naeun snort a bit.

 

     “Don’t worry Bomi, I’ll be your friend.” We all turn around and see Taemin smiling with his hands in his pocket. I smile at him.

     “Thank you President.” I say and bow.

     “Don’t call me President, call me Taemin. We meet before I became President so it feels weird for you to call me that.”

     “Can I call you Taemin?” Naeun asks sweetly. Taemin thinks for a bit and nods his head.

     “I guess that’s okay. Same goes for you Suho.” He smiles and turns back to me.

     “There’s this new restaurant opening up in the mall and wanted to test it out before it opens. Would you join me?” He asks.

     “Of course.” He smiles and turns to Naeun and Baekhyun.

     “You guys are welcome to, let’s go.” he smiles and motions for us to start walking.

 


 

     “Taemin, you are so handsome.” Naeun says and tries to act cute. This girl really likes to put on a show.

     “Thank you Miss Naeun. You are pretty yourself.” He says and she beams while raising her eyebrow at me mentally saying did you see that?

     “You’re handsome too Suho.” She says after smirking at me. Baekhyun smiles.

     “Who do you think is more handsome.” He asks her.

     “Oh, I don’t know.” She says while putting on and innocent expression. Baekhyun looks at me and smirks.

     “What about you Bomi? Who do you think is more ha…”

     “Taemin.” I say before he could even finish. The smile on his face drops instantly while Taemin’s gets bigger.

     “Thank you Bomi, I think you’re the prettiest too.”

     I watch as Baekhyun glares at him and Naeun glares at me.

     “Who do you think is the prettiest Suho.” Naeun asks.

     “Bomi.” He says without hesitation and keeps his stare on Taemin.

 

      Damn it, why does he have to do that? Now I have to try and calm myself down and stop blushing. Naeun sighs and continues to glare at me.

      I look back over at Baekhyun and Taemin and they were still staring at each other, and even though they are smiling, it felt really tense.

 


 

     “What was going on at lunch today?”

     “What do you mean?”

     “I mean the intense stares you were throwing at him.”

     “It’s a guy thing Bomi, don’t worry about it.”

     “Really?”

     “What?”

     “You’re going to use, “it’s a guy thing” on me?”

     “Bomi, it’s like a dog marking its territory. You just don’t question it.”

     I scoff and shake my head.

     “Never mind, I don’t even want to know.”

 

     “Oh yeah, what did you need to tell me? You said something this morning about always getting interrupted. What was… what are you doing?” I ask when I look at him. He was walking towards me with a smirk and a seductive stare.

 

     “So, who were you saying was more attractive?” He asks in a seductive half whisper  and gets extremely close to me.

     “W-what?” I ask becoming nervous. He wraps his hands around my waist and presses his body to mine. Our faces a couple of inches apart. My breathing goes irregular as my heart beats rapidly. I stare at his lips as they get closer and closer. His lips just bearly graze mine and then his phone rings.

     He lets out a sighing grunt and places his forehead on my shoulder. He takes a deep breath and releases me and goes over to his phone. I let out the air that I was holding in. I gulp hard trying to calm down my feels.

 

     “This better be very important.” He says into the phone and looks at me. Suddenly his face freezes… which scares me. “I never thought I would get a call from you.”

 

     You? I wonder who it is.

     “And why should I do something like that?”

 

     “I never intended for you being a target.”

     Target? Is he talking to someone from Whisper? If that’s true, how do they know his number?

 

     “I’m hoping you’ll see the people you serve are murderers.”

 

     “Is that why you helped me?”

 

     “How did you know that?” He asks and a hint of worry etches on his face. I furrow my eyebrows hoping it wasn’t bad.

 

     “Does anyone else know?”

     His expression goes to a relieved one and again I release the air in my lungs that I was holding in.

 

     “Okay, I’ll meet you there.” He hangs up and grabs a bag out of the closet.

 

     “Bomi, I have to do something.”

     “Where are you going?” I ask.

     “I’m meeting an old friend.” He says and walks towards the door. I run over and grab his arm.

     “No.” I say and grip tighter. “The last time you meet an “old friend” you came back with your chest cut open.” He sighs and hugs me.

     “Don’t worry. The one I’m meeting is the one that saved me. I think he’s been helping me for a while.” I sigh and reluctantly let him go. He kisses the top of my head. “I promise you I’ll be alright.” He says and lets me go. “I’ll be back soon.” He says and leaves.

 


 

     It’s been over a week and he still hasn’t come back, nor has he called me. Every possible thought has run through my head, like he is dead or he’s decided to do this on his own or he’s being held captive.

 

     “Bomi, what are you always thinking about?” I look up at Taemin who was sitting across from me.

     “Neh?”

     “You’ve been distracted all week. Ever since Suho went on vacation. Do you like him or something?” he asks.

     “No. I’ve just been thinking about things.”

     “About Baekhyun?” He asks and I look back up at him. “You liked him didn’t you?” I furrow my eyebrows. For all I know he has Baekhyun and is trying to see how I’ll react.

     “What makes you say that?”

     “My instincts.”

     “Yeah? Well they’re wrong.”

     “I don’t think they are.” I sigh deeply.

     “Fine, maybe I did. So what of it?”

     “Well you should get over it because he abandoned you.”

 

     Now he’s pissing me off. I don’t know if he’s doing this to get a reaction out of me or if he knows about the charade I’m putting on but either way, it was striking a nerve because right now, it feels as if what he said is true.

     I stand up and sigh.

 

     “You’re right. I do like him. But he didn’t abandon me. I was never anything for him to abandon. I am just someone he tutored from time to time. And honestly, I don’t see how any of this is your concern”

     “Bomi, I’m sorry, I didn’t…”

     “I have to get back to work. Enjoy the rest of your lunch, President.” I bow and walk away.

 

 

     What the hell was that for? I don’t understand what he wants from me. He’s an assassin but he’s playing CEO, and he eats lunch with me every day.

 

     “Ack!”

     I fall to the ground after someone runs into me and dumps their drink on me.

     “Yah! Watch where you’re walking !”

     I look up at the rude bastard.

     “Excuse me? You ran into me!”

     “No I didn’t! You ran into me and made me spill my drink! And you know what? That pisses me off!” I scoff at him. He must be ing crazy! I stand up and he immediately grabs my arm.

     “You better pay me for this!”

     “I’m not paying you anything!” I yell and let out a sound of pain because he squeezes my arm tighter.

     “You’re paying me!”

     “ you!”

     “What?!” He yells and raises his hand to hit me but is interrupted.

 

     “You have one second to let go of her arm. Time’s up.” Taemin says and twists his arm. He releases his grip on me and Taemin kicks him to the ground. “Get out of here before I kick your .” He says to the guy. The guy curses and runs off. He turns to look at me.

     “Are you okay.” He asks and takes a strand of my wet hair out of my eyes. I pull my head away and push his hand.

     “I’m fine.” I say and sigh.

     “Look I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be an .”

     “It’s fine. Thanks for the help.” I say and walk away.

 


 

No one’s POV

     “I think I messed up today Sunny. She said she liked Baekhyun… and I got jealous.” He sighs and shakes his head. “I mean, I was actually frustrated that she was thinking about him. I rubbed salt in her wound and she got mad at me… and I was scared… I am scared that she will avoid me, and not talk to me anymore… All my training to control emotions and I fail completely when it comes to her.”

 

 

 

 

 


a/n: sorry for the super late update =( and yes i know this chapter blah!

 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!