Number 4

A Whisper

 

 

No POV

Taemin and his team were sitting in a room as Gain stands before them.

“Do we know why he was trying to kill you?”

 “Probably an enemy of ours.” Taemin responds.

“Okay, figure out who he is because if he knows you’re an agent it could potentially cause problems.”

“Okay.” He says and she leaves the room. He sighs and ruffles his hair. He notices Joohyuns furrowed brows. “Is something on your mind?”

“Yeah, why didn’t you tell her about Bomi?”

“Because there is no need to.”

“How is there no need? Bomi was the target, not you. She is clearly not just someone who knew Baekhyun. If top assassins are after her, she is someone of interest. She could be a threat to us.”

“She’s not.”

“You don’t know that!”

“Yes I do!” he yells angrily. “She’s not a threat, she’s just an ordinary girl, who happened to be living next to Baekhyun. She was shot at for knowing him not because she’s a person of interest.”

Joohyun scoffs and a silence fills the room.

“Did you fall in love with her or something?” She asks with her eyebrows still furrowed. He sighs and stands up.

“Just do your job.” He says and leaves the room, Sunny following after. She scoffs and shakes her head.

 

“I agree with him. She’s not a threat.” Lay adds hoping she will get off the idea.

“You too?” She asks like she couldn’t believe her ears.

“What? Everyone who doesn’t side with you automatically loves Bomi? Stop being so immature Joohyun.”

“That’s not what I… How else do you explain that?!” she says while pointing towards the door.

“He’s our team leader and you’re being proactive. That’s how I explain it.” She scoffs again and crosses her arms.

“So I’m supposed to just sit her like a good little girl and listen to whatever he says no matter how crazy it is?”

“Just drop it Joohyun. She’s not an enemy.” He says and leaves the room also.

She shakes her head and sighs.

 

“Fine, if they won’t listen then maybe Gain will.”

 

 


 

Bomi POV

I love you Bomi...

I love you Bomi...

I love you Bomi...

 

“ –mi.”

 

I love you Bomi...

I love you Bomi...

 

 

“Yah! Yoon Bomi.” I hear him call out and then he flicks my head. “Where did your mind go?” he asks and chuckles.

“W-what did you say?”

“I said where did your mind go? You’re spacing out.”

“No, what did you say before that?”

He smiles and brings his lips to my ears and whispers…

“I said I love you.”

My heart jumps harshly and my eyes go wide. I feel his lips kiss my neck and absolutely lose it. I yelp and push him away and run to the bedroom and slam the door.

“Yah! I didn’t mean it like that! I wasn’t going to jump you!” he says just on the other side of the door.

That’s not the point Baekhyun! You just told me you loved me and I can’t handle all the feels properly!

“Unless you want me to do that.”

OMG! What the hell is he thinking?!

“Don’t get me wrong I want to. I mean I really want to but I am willing to wait until you’re ready.”

Oh good lord!

“That’s why guys take cold showers. It usually works. Trust me I’ve had to take many cold showers because of all those nights sleeping in the same bed. Your leg would sometimes graze my…”

“BAEKHYUN!” I yell and immediately cover my hands with my face. This is so embarrassing! My face feels like it’s going to melt off. “Stop joking around!” I yell and ruffle my hair frustratingly. I hear him giggle.

 

“Sorry… but I’m not joking around Bomi. That really did happen sometimes.”

OMG! Please!

“And I am definitely not joking about loving you. If there’s anything I’m sure about in my messed up life it is my feelings towards you.” he says softly and my heart flutters. “Can you please open the door?” He asks.

“No.” I respond.

“Why not?”

“Because I’m trying to get control over my emotions right now.” I say honestly. I hear him chuckle on the other side.

“Okay, when you’re ready come out. I’ll wait in the living room. Okay?”

“Okay.” I say with burning cheeks.

 

 


 

No  POV

“Bomi? Who’s Bomi?”

“The girl we have been observing for over a month.” Joohyun responds.

“Why haven’t I heard of this?”

She takes a deep breath before speaking.

“I think Taemin is protecting her.”

“What?” Gain asks with furrowed brows

“She was the target not him.” She says and hands her the folder.

“What? Why would he protect her?” Gain asks while opening it. She gasps and her eyes go wide. “Oh my God.” She says with a shaky voice and drops the file.

“Ms. Han?” Joohyun asks confused.

“That’s… that’s number 4…” She says and slowly picks up the pictures again.

“Number 4?”

“How in the world did you guys find her?” She asks and lets out what sounds like a laugh. An excited expression all over her face. “Where is she right now?”

“She’s living in some apartments in Seoul… and I suspect that Baekhyun may be with her.”

“What? What makes you think that?”

“He was the one who captured the assassin.”

Gain goes wide eyed.

“They… they can’t be together. That poses an extreme threat to us.” She says panicked and picks up the phone as Joohyun continues to furrows her eyebrows in confusion.  She’s never seen Ms. Han act so emotional. “Yes, we found her… but she’s with 3.”

“3?” Joohyun mumbles to herself.

“You want me to what? But, that could… We can capture them right now! You don’t have to do that! It would be a waste!”

Joohyun gets a strange feeling in her stomach… and she has the nagging feeling that maybe telling Gain about Bomi was a bad thing… But why? 3… 4? Why was she calling them by numbers?

“Okay, I understand.” Gain hangs up the phone sighs deeply.

 

 


 

Bomi POV

After an hour of spazzing I’m finally ready to leave the room. I unlock the door and step out cautiously. Slowly making my way to the living room.

My heart beats rapidly as soon as I see his sleeping figure on the couch.

I tiptoe over to him and kneel down beside him and stare.

 

I haven’t seen his face in so long… I’ve missed it so much.

 

After a few minutes of admiring his sleeping state I crawl on the couch with him and snuggle up against him, placing my head on his chest right above his heart. It’s beating rapidly, yet softly.

“About time.” He mumbles and wraps his arms around me pulling me closer.

“I thought you were sleeping.” I say still feeling the shock.

“How could I possibly sleep when I haven’t heard your response yet?” he says and gives a light chuckle.

My face burns red because I didn’t even think about how I have to give him a response.

“Bomi, if you are rejecting me right now I’m going to be so mad.” He says with a chuckle.

“I’m not!” I blurt out and immediately clamp my mouth shut. He starts laughing.

“Alright, I won’t force you. Just tell me when you’re ready. Okay?”

I nod my head and a smile forces its way to my lips.

 

“Yah!” I yell and giggle because he just tickled me. He starts doing it again but harder. I couldn’t even threaten him because I was laughing and squirming so much. I hear him laughing loudly while tears come to my eyes.

“Stahaap!” I yell and he finally does. I take the opportunity to catch my breath and wipe my tears.

“You’re so cute.” He says softly. Once again I’m blushing as I stare at his smiling face just above mine… and my heart races when his face gets closer until his lips are touching mine. “You better not run away again.” He mumbles into my lips and kisses me again.

I don’t respond, I just blush and try not to melt too much into the kiss, although that’s probably too late.

 

*RING!*

 

“ing…Son of a… ugh.” Baekhyun sighs frustratingly and mumbles about bad timings. “I’m going to kill whoever that is.” He says and gets up to get his phone. I try to hold back the smile threatening to surface.

 

“What could you possibly want, right this moment?” He says in an obvious annoyed tone. Then it suddenly goes serious. “What, why not just tell me right now? Ugh, fine, I’ll be there in 10.” He says and hangs up.

Without looking at me he heads towards the bedroom. I immediately follow after.

“Who was that?” I ask but he doesn’t answer. “Byun Baekhyun you better answer me.” I say sternly in a whisper like tone. He sighs and turns towards me.

“It was my friend Lay.”

“What did he tell you?”

“He told me that our little guest today has something to tell me, and that it was important. Which is good because I won’t have to torture it out of him.”

“I’m going with.” I say and quickly throw on a jacket nearby.

“No.” He says and grabs my arm.

“Look, he tried to kill Taemin, I was right there.”

“He wasn’t aiming at Taemin.”

I furrow my eyebrows.

Me? Why was he after me?

 

“Was it whisper?”

“Since Taemin threw himself in front of you I doubt it. Lay was the one who told me about the guy too.”

I sigh and nod my head.

“Then I’m definitely going. He tried to kill me and I want to know why.”

“Bomi…”

“I’m going with.”

Baekhyun sighs but doesn’t fight me any longer. He knew that no matter what he did, I was going to follow.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!