Erase

A Whisper

 

Bomi POV

“Bomi!” I hear someone yell. I see the person running towards me. I furrow my eyebrows and wonder why I’m not jumping. He’s not a part of my team, so he must be an enemy, but… he knows my name… and my legs are frozen. My heart hurts.

I hear Taemin in my ear piece telling me to jump. He sounds frightened. He keeps asking if I’m okay but I don’t say anything.

“BOMI!”

I finally snap out of it as he yells in the ear piece again. I become frightened when I notice the man is only steps away from me. I quickly run and jump but his fingers slightly brush against mine and it sends a shock through my body… and causes my chest to feel suffocated and my heart to pound painfully.

With shaking hands I’m able to deploy my parachute… as I listen to the unknown man continue to yell my name.

 

 

“Are you okay?!” Taemin asks as soon as I land. He grabs my cheeks and forces me to look at him. “You’re so pale.” He says worriedly and feels my forehead.

“I’m fine.” I say out of breath.

“This was too much for you, we brought you out too early.” He says in an apologetic voice.

“No it’s not that it’s just… there was someone up there.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know but, he knew my name.” Taemin’s eyes widen. “He felt so familiar. My legs wouldn’t move and when his fingers touched my hand…” I couldn’t finish the sentence because I couldn’t describe what happened.

“He was an enemy Bomi.” Taemin says quickly. “He was trying to gain your trust.”

I nod slowly not really sure what to think.

“You’re probably right.” I say and take a deep breath.

 

 


 

No one’s POV

“Baekhyun was there!” Taemin says as he bursts into Gain’s office.

“What?”

“He was there today!” He yells again and her eyes open wide.

“Did you see him?”

“No! But she did!”

Gain’s expression gets serious.

“Did she remember?”

“No! No… but her heart did.” He says and sighs.

“Don’t worry about it.” She says in an uncaring tone. He stares at her with complete confusion.

“How can I not worry about it?!”

“As long as she hasn’t remembered who he is than we can just erase the events of today.”

“We can’t do that!”

“Not all of them, just the ones about him.”

He sighs and rubs his head.

“I don’t know why you are so fixated on this girl.” Taemin sighs. “If you love her then there is no need to hide it. Actually, it’s better if you create that kind of relationship with her. If she falls in love with you then there will be nothing for her to remember.” Taemin looks up at her.

“You make it sound like I should manipulate her.” He says, almost feeling sick.

“You already are aren’t you? By not telling her the truth.” She says with a slight smirk. He furrows his brow. “She has the potential to be ten times more powerful than Baekhyun.”

“I don’t care about that ! I don’t care about their powers!”

“But you do care about her. So make sure she stays, give her no reason to follow him if they meet again. I won’t allow her and Baekhyun to run off together… no matter what it costs.” She says with a serious voice.

He knows she means that she will have Bomi killed, before letting them be together.

“For now we will continue to watch her, and if she remembers anything she shouldn’t then we will simply erase her memories.” She says and dismisses him.

He leaves the room quickly and tries to gather himself.

He has to protect her… he has to.

 

 


 

Bomi POV

I dreamt about him. About yesterday on top of the building… and more. I dream about his face smiling at me… how can I dream that when I don’t know him?

“Okay Bomi today we are going to try something new. We will use this machine as an attempt to gain some of your memories.”

Wow, my psychiatrist is actually attempting to help me… why so suddenly?

 

She hands me a drink and tells me to drink it. I do then I lie down in the chair and they pull down this net shaped cone thing over my head.

“Okay just relax and let the medicine kick in.”

Within seconds I’m in a slumber… It feels like someone is roaming around in my head. My memories from after I woke up months ago pop up in my head. Slowly they go to the events of yesterday…

 

...

Taemin gives the details of our mission. My first mission.

Yuri, Youngjae and I, would go in with a tour group of potential interns.

Yuri would fake an illness and Youngjae and I would slip away and make our way to the top floor. From there we would hide in a closet and wait for a fire alarm. No one says who will set off the alarm.

We will go to the CEO’s office, then the security room on the top floor. As soon as we enter the security room, an alarm will go off and the building will automatically go into lockdown. Escaping is impossible, unless we parachute off the roof.

We get in.

Yuri fakes an illness, an ambulance is called.

She is taken away. She’s out.

Youngjae and I slip away amidst the drama.

We take the fire escape stairs all the way to the top floor.

Youngjae makes fun of me for being out of breathe, even though he is also.

We go to a closet and wait for the fire alarm. Youngjae says a few flirtatious things about being in a dark closet together.

It goes off and people start leaving.

We leave the closet, and I go to the CEOs office. I gather Intel from the computer while Youngjae goes through documents. Taking pictures.

From there we move on to the security room. As soon as we enter an alarm goes off.

We only have two minutes to gather what we need, and two to get to the roof and escape.

We get to the roof.

Two parachutes are waiting for us. I asked Youngjae how the parachutes got there. He laughs me off and says he has no idea, and that it’s Whisper. I guess we aren’t meant to ask how things happen… like the fire alarm and the parachutes… or why we are spying on this company.

I tell Youngjae to go first. He does.

I get ready to run as well… and there he is.

He’s running towards me desperately, so determined to reach me… So much emotion in his eyes it makes my heart ache. An unfamiliar urge rushes through me to reach out and grab him… why did I feel that way?

I hear echoes of Taemin’s voice in my ear piece… then the image starts to warp.

Why is it warping?

Why is he disappearing?

Are they…? Are they erasing him?

Why?

Why would they do that?

...

 

 

 

I start to regain consciousness and my psychiatrist walks over to me with a smile.

“How are you feeling?”

“Fine. But I don’t think it worked.” I say and sigh

“Well, it was worth a shot. So did anything interesting happen yesterday?”

“No. The mission was really easy... but some parts are a blur now that I think about it. I don’t remember the parachute part.”

“I’m sure you were just over whelmed.”

“I guess so.”

 


 

“Taemin!” I yell and run over. He smiles.

“How did it go? Did you remember anything?” I sigh and shake my head. “How about yesterday… the man you saw?”

“Man? What man?” I ask confused.

“Nothing.” He responds and smiles. What is he talking about?

 

 

I lay down in my bed and stare at the celling.

Just when will I get my memories back?

 

 

 

“Bomi!”

Who is that? How does he know my name?

His expression is so desperate... and painful.

He touched my skin… my chest is stuffy.

My parachute…

Oh?

It’s him again… He’s smiling… such a warm smile.

His eyes are cold… soul-less… it’s scaring me.

His expression is painful… he looks so sad… and worried.

Blood?

I’m covered in blood… why?

Cake? Why is there cake?

Who is this man?

…blood.

 

 

I sit up abruptly and gasp for air. Tears start falling down my cheeks. I’m taking long shaky breaths

Who was that man? He was at the mission yesterday… I think?

Are these my memories trying to come back?

It feels like my mind is being messed with… my head hurts.

I look down and I see a flash of the blood on me from my dream.

 

I quickly jump out of my bed, panicked and shake my arms and try to brush off the blood… but there is none… I was just imagining it…

 

~What is love?~

 

A faint singing voice… where is it coming from?

I hear it again and cover my ears and run out of the room. I clumsily make my way to Taemin’s room and barge in without even knocking.

 

“Bomi!” he says shocked. He was sitting at his desk looking over something. He stands up and I run over and hug him tightly. “What’s wrong?!” he asks worriedly as I cry into his chest.

“I’m so scared.” I choke out.

“It’s okay.” He says and pets head.

“My head hurts. My thoughts are all jumbled what’s happening to me? It feels like someone is invading my mind.” I continue to panic as he tries to soothe me.

“Shhh. It’s okay. It’s okay.” He rubs my back and puts his lips on the top of my head. “Sorry.” He barely whispers.

 

What the hell is going on?

Who is this guy and why does it seem he is so desperate to come into my mind… or maybe come back into it…

But… if he was at the mission… why did I not remember… I don’t even remember the parachute… Did… did they erase him?

Why would they do that?

Maybe I’m not as delusional as I thought… my therapist was never interested in my gaining my memories back… she always tells me to make new ones… is he the reason… who is he?

And why are they erasing him?

 

 

 


 

No one’s POV

“Tell me. Tell me how you knew she was there.” Baekhyun orders, barely even audible as he sits lifeless on the bed. She was so close… he touched her hand… if only he was able to grab her.

“You’re not the only one who has someone you care about at Whisper.” Lay responds. “I left someone behind when I went with you. I needed to protect her. I couldn’t drag her into this hiding and constant danger.”

“How did you know she was there?!” He yells this time, a frustrated tear escaping.

“You ask me where I go every day. I go to see the girl I love. Yuri.”

“How did you know where she was?”

“I gave her a necklace. I put a tracker in it so I could always know where she’s at. Every time she leaves Whisper. I follow. Just to get a small glimpse of her. Today I did the same… She was on a mission. Then I saw Bomi… and I called you.”

“Why didn’t you tell me about this sooner?”

“Because, it wasn’t important for you to know. I never would have imagined Bomi being on a mission with her… I never imagined Bomi being on a mission at all… She didn’t seem to recognize you.”

“That’s because they messed with her mind!” Baekhyun yells and throws whatever is closest to him. He lets out a few frustrated yells before collapsing onto the floor. More tears streaming down. “She was so close… I almost had her.” He barely whispers and lets his head fall into his arms and knees.

“At least we know for sure now that she’s alive.” Lay says trying to comfort him. Baekhyun lets out a chilled laugh.

“I always knew she was alive. I could feel it.”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!
Leave some feedback!
Subscribe if you like it!