#4 The thing about Kris is...he's a worrier....

When you stopped smiling.

HI GUYS! On a roll with this fic arent't I? Oh I need to update that XiuRis fic soon. OTL

Ah well..anyway ...enjoy!

4.


Suho looked over at Chanyeol who was silent. "How...how long have you known?"

Chanyeol looked at Suho and sighed. "It was during summer vacation,my cousin Sungyeol and I were at a diner,our parents had went out for a double date,I ..I couldn't read the menu and when I tried to read some of it...Sungyeol said I was reading it funny. I told my mom and we went to a doctor who diagnosed me with dyslexia."


Suho nodded but listened.


"It's not a sickness,I'm not dying or anything and you can't catch dyslexia from others...it's just a disorder. Some kids are diagnosed early in age,I gained symptoms late in life. Well as far as developing the disorder goes." Suho nodded.

"And your parents?" Suho was concerned,he knew Chanyeol was acting strange and he had never met the boy before yesterday,so why couldn't Kris and Baekhyun see it,the boy's very own best friends?


Chanyeol just smiled and lied. "They are supporting me through it,I think I'm getting better." Suho nodded,that's good,he thought. 'After all they say emotional support is what dyslectic people need the most'.


Chanyeol just smiled. 'I can't let everyone be unhappy just because they have to watch what they say around me'. He thought to himself as he smiled brightly at Suho. Suho frowned,this boy was way too happy for someone who gets bullied for having such problems.


"Were you always like this?" Suho asked bluntly,Chanyeol stopped smiling. "Like what?" Suho stood up in front of Chanyeol looking down at him. "You smile...even when you are hurt,how doesn't anyone notice?" Suho began. "Because even though I've only met you,I barely noticed it,you were hurt that day Kris and Baekhyun blew you off for people you didn't know right?" Chanyeol looked down at the floor and sighed.


Looking back up at Suho,he stood and walked over to the wall leaning against it. "What was I supposed to do? I'm not the type of guy who would guilt trip my friends into being with me if they made plans already. Besides...I've never been one for large crowds anyways." Suho frowned. "Is that why Kris didn't invite you to his basketball game?"


Chanyeol nodded. "He used to beg me to go everytime,but he learned I detested large crowds,they gave me panic attacks,so he stopped asking....but sometimes even though it seems stupid and selfish of me,I wish he'd ask anyways. Just to make sure you know?"


Suho nodded in understanding. "You should tell him about the disorder or at least the bullying." Suho spoke after a moments silence.
Chanyeol looked up and shook his head. "No please! Kris already treats me like a kid now,he actually made me promise to walk home early today,if he knew I was getting bullied or had a disorder,he'd be clinging to me to protect me. He's such a worry wart andI..I don't want his life to suffer because of my life." Suho's frown turned deeper.


"Chanyeol this is serious,he's your best friend. He needs to know." Chanyeol shook his head again.


"Please don't tell him,I feel like if he knows it'll ruin his life,he wants to be a professional basketball player.


 Suho...did you know last year I broke my wrist playing dodgeball and he took the entire first half of the basketball season off of the team to take care of me,though I didn't need help and got scolded for it by his coach?


Imagine how worried he would be about me,he'd forgo most of his practices and he's risking getting kicked off the team if he skips more games."
Suho went silent,he vaguely remembered Kris saying his coach had him on a tight leash.

'This was why?' Suho thought ,Kris abandoned the team for Chanyeol and Chanyeol was blaming himself.


Suho sighed and gave in. "Fine but if I see anymore problems that turns out like it did today,I'm talling the guys." Chanyeol nodded fiercly,grabbing Suho's hands and jumping up and down with a smile.

"Thank you Hyung!" Suho chuckled and Chanyeol stopped jumping up and down. "What?"


Suho chuckled again. "You called me hyung." Chanyeol blushed. "That's okay isn't it? I'm sor-" Suho cut off Chanyeol before the boy started to panic. "Yeol! calm down! It's fine,it's just I think we've become friends now eh?" Chanyeol's panicked look turned into his bright wide smile and he nodded happily.
'Hopefully things will be better now.'


Suho and Chanyeol walked to the normal table and sat down beside each other. "Hey guys!" Kris looked up and noticed how close Suho and Chanyeol got and looked at them questioningly.


"What's with the closeness?" Kai snorted,he could've sworn he heard jealousy in Kris's voice,Suho just stared cluelesslyl. They shrugged. "I guess it's because we have a class together." Suho spoke not noticing the frowns of Lay and Kris. Chanyeol was busy talking about his cousin Sungyeol with Baekhyun.


"So Suho,you coming to the game?" Kris asked trying to ignore the feelings of seeing them sit beside each other. 'Chanyeol usually sits beside me..' Kris thought.


Suho looked at Chanyeol who was oblivious and back to Kris and gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry Kris,I'm gonna walk home with Chanyeol today." Kris frowned deeper. 'Surely one class didn't make them THAT close...'


He shook it off and grinned. "Ah it's fine..." Suho smiled and tapped Chanyeol's shoulder. "I'm walking home with you today okay?" Chanyeol blinked but nodded with a smile. Kris's face unintentionally turned into a scowl and he looked away from the two smiling happily at each other.


As the bell letting students know school was over for the day rang, Kris waited by the gate and watched as Chanyeol and Suho approached. But before Chanyeol reached him,Chanyeol spotted the gardener. "Hold on a sec guys! I gotta greet someone!" with that Chanyeol ran over to the old man.


While Chanyeol was busy Kris turned to Suho who was watching in amusement as Chanyeol clumsily gave the old man a juice pack and thanked him for keeping him company yesterday,the old man laughed amused.


Kris cleared his throat.  "Suho! Here!" He handed him a slip of paper.


"Since I'll be busy with the game,this is the number for my parents,my coach and Baekhyun's number in case of emergencies,Chanyeol hates dark areas and he's quite clumsy,he never pays attention to things on the ground,so he trips a lot,here is his parents address and number in case something happens and the goofball has to go to the hospital for something like a sprained ankle." Suho watched as Kris went into mother hen mode.

He blinked. And put his hands on Kris's shoulders.


"Kris! Calm down,Chanyeol is a big boy,he'll be fine!" Kris sighed in relief. "Sorry,I just feel horrible about yesterday,I can't believe I forgot to meet him at the gate. I've never done that before Suho....I feel like such a bad best friend...and I'm always worrying over him,why did I just leave him here alone.." Kris was filled with guilt,more than Suho had thought earlier.


"He's fine Kris,and he's not angry at you." Kris nodded as Chanyeol ran back to them.


"Okay lets go Suho hyung! Kris Hyung,I'll see you later,good luck with the game!" He smiled brightly,Kris smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. "Yeah see you later you little derp." Chanyeol just smiled.


As Kris ran back into the school,Suho and Chanyeol began their walk to their houses. Chanyeol began silently praying that his parents had to work late today.