#5 A night at Kris's house.

When you stopped smiling.

5.


It was finally the weekend,Chanyeol's parents hadn't been fighting much lately but they still gave each other the silent treatment,and Kris,Kai,Kyungsoo and Baekhyun spent every free moment they had with Chanyeol,after that blowing him off for other plans thing they had all felt bad,especially Kris.


Tao,Suho,Lay and the others understood that they needed to have some quality time,just the old friends and that's how Chanyeol ended up at Kris's house with the others.


"Where's your parents?" Kai asked Kris as he flopped into a bean bag chair,Kyungoo raised an eyebrow. "And why do you still have a bean bag? I thought those things went out of style a few years ago." Kris laughed and chucked a pillow at Kyungsoo's head as Chanyeol sat laughing in the middle of Kris's bed.
Kyungsoo dodged it and laughed as Baekhyun shook his head at their antics,they were all in a good mood ,it had been so long since the five of them were together.


"Mom and Dad are visiting my mom's family in Canada. I didn't want to go so they said I would stay here,besides I have school." Kai nodded and turned to look at Chanyeol.


"What about you,you gave us a few stories about your adventures in family vacations,but who all went?" Chanyeol thought back...skipping the family drama.
"Well it was mom,dad,Sungyeol,Daeyeol,Aunt and Uncle. Oh and Sungyeol's boyfriend went too." Kai sat up and looked at Chanyeol.

"I thought your dad hates gay people." Chanyeol shook his head. "He doesn't like it,but he won't bad mouth it,especially since Aunt and Uncle accept that Sungyeol is gay.

Daeyeol didn't accept it at first,he couldn't believe the brother he looked up to turned out to like men,but he knew Sungyeol loved Myungsoo a lot,so he accepted it." Baekhyun snickered. They all looked at him. "What?"


"I was just thinking if Kyungsoo and Chanyeol ever dated then Chanyeol's family would have two YeolSoo couples" Kai tensed up at the words,not at all liking them,Kyungsoo choked on air at the thought,Kris scowled at the thought and Chanyeol just burst out lauging.


"Only one problem there Baekkie... I don't like Kyungsoo in that way." Baekhyun nodded but was still snickering. The two didn't notice Kyungsoo calm down and Kai and Kris both breathe a relieved sigh.


'Thank god they didn't ask about my uality' Chanyeol thought. 'Like I need yet another reason to stress out'.
Chanyeol snorted when he noticed Baekhyun was greatly amused.


"Anyway! Back on topic,we had fun...it was funny though when Sungyeol and I got into an argument over who was the better fishermen and Sungyeol was all "Watch I'll show you cuz!" then he was so angry he hadn't noticed some ballerinas nearby at the stage where we were standing by the water, when he whipped the fishing pole,it caused his pole to hook to one of the girls' pink tutus...then he yanked..."


The boys were dying in laughter at the image,they all met Sungyeol..and he could be an idiot like Chanyeol at times.


It must run in the family. Kris thought with a laugh.


"What happened?" Kai asked with a huge smile. Chanyeol chuckled.

"The girl screamed and smacked him when she realized he had the pink tutu in his hand and called him a ert....just then Myungsoo came back from getting a drink....boy was Sungyeol in for it." They all burst out laughing even harder.


Kyungsoo stopped laughing and looked at Chanyeol. "Why were ballerinas there? That's a bit random." Chanyeol looked up and thought for a moment trying to remember why ballerinas were there,but his memory was acting up again.


"They were there because of a festival in the town we were vacationing in,the stage is like right beside the lake. So when we started arguing we hadn't noticed they had came early for rehearsal."


"Should we order something to eat?" Kyungsoo stood up.

"Nonsense I'll go cook!" Kai stood up. "I'll help him." Baekhyun pouted. "Why can't I help?"

Kai snorted. "The last time you tried to help him,you almost burned Kris's kitchen down,about cut off your own finger and accidentally pushed Kyungsoo against the stove which had flames going,luckily he wasn't hurt ,you aren't made for being near the kitchen Baekkie Hyung.." Kyungsoo held in giggles at this,that was a rough night. He never let Baekhyun help him since.


As Kyungsoo left to start dinner,Baekhyun stood up and hastily followed him and Kai to the kitchen,begging to let him help. "Please let me help! I can butter bread! I can't get hurt doing that!"


Kris and Chanyeol burst out laughing,soon silence ensued the room,only the loud yelling of the three downstairs was keeping the house noisy.
"So Chanyeol.." Kris began as he sat beside Chanyeol on the bed. "Hm?" Chanyeol said as he flickered through a magazine.


"How did you and Suho get close all the sudden,you were practically strangers last monday.." Chanyeol looked at Kris and sat the magazine beside him. "No reason,we're just seat partners and decided it'd be best for me to get to know everyone and Suho said I could start with him." It wasn't a total lie,Suho did say they could be friends now,but he just couldn't tell him the reason why Suho became his friend.

No Suho didn't pity him. And he was thankful for that.


But he does wish they could've became friends for another reason instead of what happened.


Kris nodded and stared at Chanyeol as he went back to looking at the magazine,Chanyeol had gotten taller over the summer,last year he was shorter by a head,he had dark short hair and is voice wasn't as deep.


So Kris was shocked when he had seen him at school last monday. He was now almost head to head with him,but Chanyeol was still a tad shorter,gone was the short black hair,replaced by light brown long curls. That he kept tied up,except for some side fringe.


His voice when he said 'Hey' was much more deeper than he remembered,Chanyeol's face was still as beautiful as when he had first met the boy,it was feminine but not as much as Luhan's face was.


"Kris?" Kris snapped out of his thoughts to see Chanyeol staring at him in confusion,he just gulped and backed away a little. He stood up and sat at his computer desk. "It's nothing Yeol...just thinking about that math exam of friday..." He lied.

Chanyeol fell for it and nodded with an 'Oh' expression.


'What's gotten into me?' Kris thought. Chanyeol was about to say something when D.O's voice sounded out. "Kris! Chanyeol Dinner is ready!" They looked at each other awkwardly ,the headed down stairs.