#29 When you started smiling.

When you stopped smiling.

When you stopped smiling 21~

 


FINAL CHAPTER.
~




It had been a few days since they managed to stop Baekhyun's dad, Myungsoo and Sungyeol went back to Mokpo for while to handle something, Chanyeol didn't know what they were handling but they were adults, Xiumin and Chen were closer than ever, having Chen meet Xiumin's daughter probably lifted a lot of their stress away.

Youngjae and Daehyun were going strong, having got back together the day after that dinner and some serious talking. Baekhyun and Tao were inseperable. Krystal finally got Minho to forgive her and Minho well he felt awful about having ever doubted her faithfulness to him. Yongguk and Himchan were still as vocal as ever about their relationship much to the chagrin of Jongup and Junhong who cringed whenever the two hyungs of theirs got all mushy with one another in front of them.


Luhan and Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo were all doing well as was Dongwoo and Hoya, Sunggyu,Sungjong and Woohyun were all also living life the best they could. Mac the gardener was out of the hospital,sadly spending the last few months he had in retirement at home with his daughter's family,he was still the same happy old man though,Chanyeol had been saddened to learn the old man who helped in him rough times was dying.


Lay and Suho had fully made up with Kris after the argument in the hospital a few weeks back. The tension between Suho and Kris completely gone. As for Chanyeol himself, he was still struggling with his parents, he also was struggling with his mental state, though everything was much happier, he still had those awful nightmares,on some nights he'd wake up sweating and shivering, despite the fact he felt gross and probably smelled gross to boot, Kris would simply hold him and whisper soothing words of comfort in his ear.

He wasn't about to move in with his parents anytime soon but he couldn't stay at Kris's forever,but he was thankful that Kris was finally by his side.


~


It was one evening on a Saturday, when Kris came home from his part time job and stood at the entrance of the kitchen as Chanyeol was making a bowl of cereal for a snack,Chanyeol could feel Kris's eyes burning into his back. And turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow. "What?"


Kris crossed the room in two full strides and gathered Chanyeol in his arms. "Wha- Hyung?" Kris just held him for a long time. "Today I saw an accident at the crossway bridge during a delivery I was making." Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed and he listened carefully. "I...I saw someone jump Chanyeol...and I though ..that..what if..just what if it had been.." Chanyeol could finish that sentence in his head. 'What if that had been me.'. "But hyung,I..I won't do that ever again.."


Kris shook his head. "Chanyeol listen, when I saw that,I realized that even if you're okay now. Things can happen,we never know when these things will happen." Chanyeol couldn't understand he was trying to make sense of Kris's words but he was trying to slow his fast beating heart.

"I realized I shouldn't wait to tell you I love you and just do it." Kris spoke honestly as Chanyeol's eyes widened as he pulled away from Kris's grasp. "What are you saying?" Kris grabbed Chanyeol's hands,though he and Chanyeol were around the same height,it amused him Chanyeol had smaller hands than himself. "Park Chanyeol, I love you." Chanyeol gasped and his eyes fogged up with tears. Before he could register what happened,Chanyeol was being thoroughly kissed by the older boy,their lips brushing together softly yet firmly all at once,Chanyeol could barely catch his thoughts.


After a few minutes, the two pulled apart, Chanyeol beat red from blushing. Kris smiled at him,and pulled something out of his pocket. "Chanyeol,I know you were worrying about staying with me, but with permission of our parents...I ask you this ...move in with me for good." Chanyeol's eyes widened. "But.."


Kris sat him down. "I know it seems sudden, but my parents dislike that I live alone as it is, your parents told me they aren't quite fixed yet and it would do you good to stay away from them while they work out their troubles without pulling you in between them." Chanyeol looked at the letters from their parents,when had Kris done this?


Chanyeol then smiled lightly as he tackled Kris to the couch and began kissing him all over the face in joy. Kris chuckled.


~


It was a few days later when Sungyeol walked into Kris's house with a large smile, Myungsoo was quiet as ever but was also grinning a bit,they quietly walked in and made their way to the living room where they could hear laughing. "Surprise my wonderful -OH MY GOD!" Chanyeol sat up straight blushing,looking around for his shirt, Sungyeol was trying hard not to burst into loud obnoxious laughter as he was also horrified at catching his cousin and his boyfriend about to do the dirty deed.


"Hyung,why are you here?" Chanyeol spoke nervously as Kris acted like he did nothing wrong. "Well I wanted to tell you that we sold the house in Mokpo and are moving here to Seoul, but here you are doing the dirty-" "HYUNG!" Chanyeol whined as everyone laughed at him. "What, mad I interrupted y time?" Sungyeol said through giggles.


Chanyeol muttered about stupid cousins under his breath. "No, we haven't even gone that far yet." Sungyeol wiggled his eyebrows. "Yet?" Chanyeol growled and tackled his cousin to the floor putting him in a headlock. "Should we help him? Kris asked as Chanyeol twisted Sungyeol's arm around his back while Sungyeol yelled 'save me save me.' Myungsoo looked at them for a long moment. "Nah, Sungyeol deserved that one." Kris chuckled.


Kris then sighed and pulled Chanyeol away before he could beat the poor boy up any further. "Calm down Yeollie,he's just teasing." Sungyeol muttered under his breath. "Can you call him Channie or something when I am here, Yeollie is just weird for us to hear when we are together."


Kris laughed as did Myungsoo, once Myungsoo and Sungyeol made their way up to their old room Kris turned to Chanyeol. "Are you happy now?" Chanyeol looked confused for a moment but then he smiled and Kris froze before his eyes misted over, Chanyeol frowned, "What's wrong?"

Kris shook his head. "Nothing,it's just, you're smiling like you used too...I'm so happy to see that wonderful smile." Chanyeol nodded his head slowly in understanding then smiled his old happy smile once more , Kris hadn't seen that smile in so long. "I am happy." Chanyeol answered, Kris smiled and kissed Chanyeol. "You better not be smooching when I get back down there." Sungyeol yelled, Chanyeol grumbled as Kris placed his forehead on Chanyeol's shoulder.

"He's gonna torture us isn't he?" Chanyeol smiled brightly despite getting interrupted.

"Yep!"

 

~~~~

 

AND OH MY GOD,MY VERY FIRST EVER COMPLETED MULTI CHAPTER STORY, THAT WAS A ROUGH RIDE FOR ME LMAO.

THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME AND WAITING FOR ME TO FINSIH IT!

On a side note, I can't end stories to save my life, I promise I'll work on that in the future,I was gonna add a , but I felt that in the end, the story really didn't need that ,besides I liked the more innocent side of love. I might re-write this in the future once I've improved with my writing ,tbh I wasn't really pleased with this story, it had changed from my original goal, but I tried , i am pleased I finished it and tied up the loose ends though ,next task is to write a krisYeol and stick to them,I started adding pairings left and right smh,I won't do that next time if I can help it... lmao

Thank you for sticking by the story and for your support my dear readers, I promise to write more and improve in the future, I don't write very much so this was sort of my very first multi chapter project. Thank you once again!