#15 Fevers,Whiplashes and Monsoons?

When you stopped smiling.

Hi guys,I decided to get this chapter out. I was gonna flesh this chapter a bit out more and I had more planned for this chapter,but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to write a new chapter in the next couple of days due to personal reason.So I decided to give you this chapter for now until I get the next one out hopefully by Thursday or Friday at the latest OTL

 

#15


~

 


Suho ran to the doorway and glanced out , Kris was already running down the street,he could see his  form from about one hundred yards away. He sighed but smiled,shaking his head. He then turned his head to the darkened sky,thunder looming in the distance,sprinkles of rain starting to hit the concrete in front of the house. "You better not catch a cold you moron..."


"Hyung?" Suho turned to see Kai staring at him from Kyungsoo's side. "Don't worry about him guys." Suho just smiled at them when they gave him confused glances. Suho chanced a glance at Chanyeol's cousin Sungyeol he was on the phone.  Wonder who he's talking too...


"You okay?" Sungyeol walked into the kitchen and closed the door softly behind him. "Yeah I'm fine,listen I need you to pack up more of my clothes and make sure you bring extra,we're gonna be staying here for a few more weeks longer than planned." Sungyeol paused as he listened to the person on the other end.


"Also , since we'll be staying here longer,it's probably best if you have Daeyeol watch the house for us." Sungyeol sat down on a kitchen stool and rubbed a hand through his hair tiredly. "Is Chanyeol okay?" The male voice on the other end of the phone spoke softly. Sungyeol smiled a little.


"I think he'll be fine,it's gonna take some work to get him happy again,but I have faith in those friends of his." Sungyeol paused as he notice Suho enter the kitchen. "Myungsoo,I gotta go love. Okay..yeah I love you too,I'll see you when you get here."


After hanging up Sungyeol took a glance at Suho. He sat in silence as Suho searched for a glass,Sungyeol raised an eyebrow. "Your Aunt needs some water,the poor woman is dehydrating herself with crying." He nodded,they were in there a few more minutes in awkward silence until Sungyeol broke it. "Can I trust him?"


Suho smiled a little automatically knowing to whom Sungyeol was referring. "Yeah,he can be a bit of a moron at times,and he's not good at spotting feelings...but he's actually very protective and caring towards Chanyeol." Sungyeol nodded,satisfied with that answer.


"I have a question. Why did Chanyeol think we would hate him if he's gay? He always teases Kyungsoo and Kai,plus he always talked about you and your boyfriend." Sungyeol leaned on his elbows ,still sitting on the stool.


"I think it has to do mostly with the way he father reacted when I came out." Suho grabbed a cool pitcher of water from the refrigerator as he motioned Sungyeol to continue.


"You see when Uncle found out I was gay,he disowned me as his nephew and told me that f I ever influenced Chanyeol with my '' ways he would never let Chanyeol see me again." Suho winced,Chanyeol's dad must've really changed for the worst.


 "He wasn't always like that,he used to be one of the most gentle,sweetest men you could ever meet,he's give you the shirt off his back to help you,even if you were a stranger." Sungyeol sighed.


"Then he changed,no one knew why....well I just found out,it's cause of some woman." He snorted. Suho nodded and was about to pour the water into the glass but Sungyeol spoke up again. "How do you guys know Hoya?" Suho's eyes widened.


"You know Hoya?" Sungyeol nodded. "He's my boyfriend's friend. They used to go to middle school together along with a kid named Sungjong,he goes to your school too,if you go to Chanyeol's school that is.


I met Myungsoo, that's my boyfriend's name and Hoya through Dongwoo who went to middle school with me." Suho nodded and chuckled.
"What a small word huh?" Sungyeol nodded. "I wonder if Kris has gotten there yet?" Suho mused out loud as Sungyeol smirked.



~

 

Kris ran as fast as he could,the rain was already pouring down by the time he got halfway to the hospital,how could he have been so stupid? How did he never notice Chanyeol's obvious affection for him,the boy was always hanging around him,smiling and laughing even when Kris did something uncool.

He winced as the rain pelted his face,the faster he ran the more the rain felt like small bee stings. But after everything Chanyeol had been through,he wouldn't waste one more minute away from the younger boy,what was a few slaps to the face by rain to months of agony and hurt feelings that Chanyeol had went through?

He glanced up as the hospital came into view,without thinking he crossed the road,a screech made him stop and look over at a car that was now honking at him,a man poked his head out. "Get outta the road you idiotc kid!" He just gave the man an apologetic glance and ran on over to the hospital building,he pulled open the doors and ran in.

He could vaguely hear nurses yelling at him to stop but he could careless.

All that mattered was getting to Chanyeol.

 

~

Chanyeol sat staring out at the darkened sky through his hospital room window,he was sitting up in his bed,he sighed as he glanced down at the IV in his arm. 'I did something really stupid didn't I?' He bit his lower lip lightly. 'Mac would be ashamed of me', he thought.


He sighed and scooted down a bit so he could lay back down,he to his side until he was facing the window. He hoped Kris would forgive him for what he had done. He could only hope Kris wouldn't blame himself.


He let out a shaky sigh and tried to stop his thoughts,he had a tickling sensation in his stomach at the thought of Kris watching that video. Those thoughts he spoke on that video were his inner most feelings. The fact that he told them out for everyone was nerve wracking.


He could only hope Kris would reject him gently. He tried not to feel the lump in his throat as he swallowed at the thought of Kris rejecting his confession,he stared at the sky until rain started pouring. It was basically a monsoon out there,he paryed no one got caught in it.


Chanyeol sat up frustrated and rolled his eyes,here he was in the hospital on suicide watch and he was thinking of people getting caught in monsoons...
'Why is my brain always working every second of the day?' He groaned inwardly,suddenly the door slammed open,he jumped with wide eyes and jerked his head in that direction,inwardly scolding himself for the whiplash he nearly gave himself.


That was when all thoughts of monsoons and whiplashes went out the window into the thunderstorm,standing in front of him was a sweaty,soaking wet,panting ...Kris.


Kris's normally styled hair was hanging droopily over his forehead,giving the normally stoic looking boy an innocent puppy eyed look. Chanyeol would've inwardly squealed at how cute he looked,but he couldn't even think correctly. All he knew was Kris was here. Kris.


"Hyung ..what?" Chanyeol didn't even have time to finish his sentence as Kris walked over right in front of him ,he stared down at Chanyeol for what seemed like hours.


"Kri-" He wasn't able to speak as anything he had to say died on his tongue,Kris leaned down and crushed the slightly smaller boy to his chest,hugging him tightly. Chanyeol just stared wide eyed at the door over Kris's shoulder.


He could feel Kris's soaked clothing soaking through his shirt. If he had been thinking straight he would've wondered how Kris made it past staff looking like this. But none of those thoughts were on his mind,what was on his mind was that Kris was here and hugging him.


And from the grip he had on Chanyeol,he didn't seem ready to let go. "Hyun-" "Yeol... just...just let me hold you..." Chanyeol blinked,turning lightly red. He heard Kris sniffle a bit,Kris was sitting on the egde of Chanyeol's bed,his face burried in Chanyeol's shoulder.


He frowned,did Kris run all the way here in this downpour? He felt Kris's hand loosen up around his waist. Chanyeol leaned back a little and wasn't sure what to think.


Kris was sleeping on his shoulder slightly. Chanyeol frowned and felt Kris's forehead,it was hot. "This idiot gave himself a fever..." then he smiled. "But you did this for me didn't you?" He shook his head. "What will I do with you hyung." Soon a nurse bursted in with wide eyes.


"I'm sorry Mr. Park he pushed passed us." He smiled and shook his head. "It's fine,can you please bring him a bed? I think he got a fever." She frowned and looked at Kris before noticing he was sweating and shivering. "Oh of course!"


As she ran to get another bed for the room,since it was a double patient room,Chanyeol looked back at the older boy sleeping on his shoulder. He smiled slightly. "I know we need to talk hyung,but for now rest." He murmured quietly.

~

 

 

Hope you guys enjoyed that for now,I hope to update again by Thursday or Friday ,see you then! ^_^