#18 Xiumin's secrets and Baekhyun's feelings

When you stopped smiling.

Hi guys,remember I said this next few chapters would revolve around the side characters XD

I had this planned since before Chanyeol's suicide attempt,so don't think it was a spur of the moment chapter lol

It'll all come into place soon<3

Enjoy,sorry it was shorter,I meant to give more details,but I haven't had time

OTL

~

#18


Chen got up the next morning and rubbed his blurry eyes and glanced at the clock,he sighed. He had fell asleep crying last night,it wasn't like him to cry,especially not about that,he knew Xiumin always felt guilty,that's why whenever something happens he blamed himself.


Chen winced as he thought back to the night Chanyeol tried to kill himself,he hadn't seen guilt like that on Xiumin's face since two years ago. Though Xiumin and Chen tried to ignore it,they still had a slight rift due to the incident two years ago,Chen didn't want Xiumin drowning in guilt so he acted like it didn't bother him.


But he knew that Xiumin could see him in pain. He still wasn't over it and for that,Chen blamed himself.


Xiumin pinched the bridge of his nose,Chen put a hand on Xiumin's shoulder. "Just because you're the oldest doesn't mean you should shoulder everything." Chen spoke. Xiumin just nodded. "I might've not known Chanyeol as long,but he's our friend Chen...I'm his hyung. And I failed him." Chen shook his head. "No..in some way maybe we all failed him,none of us bothered to see the pain in Chanyeol's eyes." Xiumin just nodded. Kris had heard them speaking and bit his lip.


Chen had stood by and watched Kris and Xiumin drowned in guilt,feeling the past wash over them in waves. Kris's guilt in not protecting Chanyeol,and Xiumin's guilt over not noticing Chanyeol's problem and guilt over Chen and their past, it brought up the past,this incident,a past Chen and Xiumin thought they had gotten over.


Chen stopped his thoughts and got up,deciding it'd be good to go visit Lay for awhile,he needed his mind off of it,he knew where Xiumin was going today and he didn't want to think about it.


~


Chanyeol stared at the nurse who was checking his blood pressure in curiosity as a doctor walked around him with a clipboard,Kris had stepped outside so the doctor could do the final check up,if everything went as planned Chanyeol could be let out today,Chanyeol was excited.


Well excited and scared,he was nervous about going back to his old life,but he felt happier,stronger knwoing that Kris and his friends would be there to help and support him,he also knew that he needed to talk when he was bothered and not hold it in , that had been his mistake last time. He had been so busy trying to protect Kris's future that he disregarded his own.


He couldn't and wouldn't do that to anyone again.


"Alright Mr. Park eveyhting has come back normal,you are healthy,take these forms to the front desk after signing and you'll be released,also seeing as you are having problems with your home life,it would be best to stay with someone for a few days. Perhaps a friend?" Chanyeol nodded,he could stay with Kris.
"Okay,please stay well Mr.Park" The doctor then left as Kris walked in. He sat on Chanyeol's bed and put his hand on Chanyeol's head , Chanyeol's soft hair. "Hey,what did the doctor say?" Chanyeol leaned into Kris's touch.


"He said I should stay with someone until my parents clean up their acts." Kris nodded,his parents were never home,Kris lived alone most of the time because they were always traveling on business. "You can stay with me okay." Chanyeol nodded and had a thought.


"Is it alright if my cousin stays with us?" Chanyeol had hopeful eyes,Kris thought back to Sungyeol who he had finally met when they watched the video. He would be with his boyfriend,but he didn't see no harm in it. "Fine,I have a spare room." Chanyeol smiled happily and grabbed Kris into a tight hug. Kris chuckled softly and breathed in vaguely catching Chanyeol's scent.

He smiled and prayed things were getting better.


~


Baekhyun sat in the park on a bench watching as kids across the street slid down the slide and got on the swings,he clenched his fists. He acted so stupid,of course it wasn't Tao's fault.


Everything that had happened,the drunken kiss with Kris. It was all an accident,he knew that. He didn't hate Tao,he wasn't angry at Tao. He ran because he was a coward,he wasn't gay, at least he thought he wasn't.


He had never had feelings of affection towards guys before,at least not in the romantic sense. How could he tell Tao that he was avoiding him because he was scared of admitting he might be gay. He didn't mind gay people,heck most of his best friends were gay however he was raised in an Anti-Gay household. His father believed in a strict male/female relationship,his mother though more open to it never said a word against her husband's beliefs.

He was scared. What if his father found out he held feelings for another male,he would be disowned.

He headed home and his mother smiled at him from the living room. Baekhyun looked over to see his brother Daehyun leaning over a pile of books on the dining room table,Daehyun studied more than Baekhyun did,Baekhyun noticed Daehyun giving him a sad expression,Baekhyun's brother knew of his feelings for his friend Tao. Luckily unlike his father,his brother was more caring towards him,they were fraternal twins so they shared a bond.


Daehyun and Baekhyun looked nothing alike,but they were twins. Baekhyun always found it amusing when people learned that not only were they related but they were twins. Daehyun nodded to the car pulling in the driveway in warning and Baekhyun gave him a thankful expression,he ran to his room and locked the door.


Soon after Baekhyun heard his father knocking on his door and balled up more on his bed,no he could never let his feelings for Tao be known,even if he had to hurt Tao,he closed his eyes. "Baekhyun,you have another meeting." His father spoke and Baekhyun teared up.


Baekhyun's father was a business man and believed in arranged marriage,his father wanted to set him up with one of his colleague's daughters. Baekhyun heard his father knock on the door again. "I let you out of the last two,you're going to this one,hurry down after you get dressed,we leave in an hour." He heard his father's footsteps go downstairs.


Baekhyun bit his lip,he didn't want this,he didn't want to meet this girl.


He only wanted Tao.
~


Xiumin sighed as he got off of work and quickly ran home to take a shower. "Minseok?" He turned to see his dad standing there looking at him with pity in his eyes. Xiumin sighed.


"Don't pity me dad,I don't need help." His dad said nothing merely looked at his son in worry. Xiumin snorted,not really wanting to deal with how his dad looked at him.


"I'll do this on my own,I want to. It's my responibility not yours,if I didn't act stupid two years ago I wouldn't be in this position and I really wouldn't be deserving of your help if I didn't try." His father sighed. His father sat down on the couch. "How has your friends not found out yet?" Xiumin gave him a pained smile.


"I kept it from them,gave them excuses." His father nodded. "You should let them know before more time passes." Xiumin looked down. "But I've already hidden it for two years,would they forgive me for keeping in from them for that long?"


His father stood up and walked over to him placing a hand on his son's shoulder. "If they are true friends they will forgive you,Luhan will forgive you,Tao,Lay..they all will forgive you..Chen forgave you didn't he?" Xiumin nodded. "He did but sometimes I think he still feels hurt." His father nodded.
"Who wouldn't,you two were together before it happened,and I don't mean friendship." Xiumin smiled slightly,his father accepted that he was gay,it was weird how accepting his dad was of him and his mistake.


"Just if you ever need anything." Xiumin smiled. "I know dad,but I needed to grow up sometime." His father sighed. 'Not like this though.' His father thought.


After his shower he ran downstairs. "I'm going now dad." His father nodded. "Do I need to get it set up?" Xiumin nodded. "If you could, I didn't have time." His father nodded and walked into another room,Xiumin grabbed his car keys,he got his license as soon as possible,he had too. He looked at the back seat of his car and sighed at the object in the backseat.


Once again mentally apologizing to Chen for his past mistakes. He decided once he handled this matter ,he would tell them all about what happened two years ago. The reason he was always gone during parties or sleepovers.


He drove for about an hour to his old hometown,he pulled up to a house,he noticed the lights on,he got out and took a breath,this never got easier. A young girl about his age opened the door and stared at him for a moment. "Minseok." She spoke softly. He nodded as she spoke his real name. "Come in,you want some tea?" He shook his head.


"How is Chen?" She asked after a moment. "He's coping with it,he still cries sometimes. I feel so awful." Xiumin explained as he followed her down the hallway.


She also felt guilty,Xiumin could see it in her face. "Accidents happen." She spoke,he chuckled bitterly. "Yeah well this was one big accident. I'm surprised Chen stayed with me after what happened." She nodded solemnly. "He still can't accept her can he?" Xiumin shook his head. "He tries,but it has to be hard." She nodded.

Tears filled her eyes. "Tell him I'm always going to be sorry what we did to him." Xiumin nodded a little,trying not to let the guilt towards Chen consume him.
Xiumin followed the young woman as she walked into a room.


Xiumin took a breath and walked into the room,he walked over to a crib and squatted down. The young woman looked at Xiumin. "I'll go get the baby bag ready." He nodded and focused his attention on his daughter. "Hey baby,daddy's here."


A baby girl around two years old looked at him with bright eyes,she was a mistake,but he loved her and at the same time,he felt so sorry to Chen whom he was already with when he got a girl pregnant.