#25 Let him smile (PART 3/4)

When you stopped smiling.

(PART 3/4)  (SORRY HERE IS AN UPDATE FINALLY!)

Junhong and Jongup glanced at Youngjae as he ignored them in favor of flipping channels on the TV,they could see he wasn't really paying attention to it,he had been like this for the better part of a year now,he acted so normal in public,he showed anger and hatred towards Daehyun whenever they crossed paths,but when it was just him and his buddies alone,they could see the other Youngjae,the real Youngjae.

The broken one.

Jongup was young but he knew something  horrible happened to break them up,Youngjae would say Daehyun abandoned him,but whenever he saw Daehyun he could see the pain and guilt radiating off of the older boy in waves,like he couldn't control what had happened. Yongguk had called him Junhong earlier telling the two maknaes to go to Youngjae's and stay there,they were on their way and it was very important.


When Jongup had asked why,Yongguk said one name causing Jongup to freeze.'Daehyun.' So now they had convinced Youngjae to stay home instead of going out as soon as they arrived,he agreed but they didn't know how much longer it would be until he noticed something was up.

As if this was normal,whenever the two younger boys visted him they always left immediately to go to the arcade,but they made excuses,he had been suspicious at first but Jongup had said. "Junhong isn't feeling well." Causing Junhong aka..Zelo to cough and play sick. Then Junhong had proceeded to glare at Jongup for his lie.

But now they were nervous for other reasons,their hyung would be coming there with Daehyun and they knew it wouldn't go smoothly.  As if reading their thoughts they saw Yongguk's car pull up into the driveway and they gulped and glanced at each other in what looked to be excitement mixed with horror.
Youngjae glanced out the window and spotted Yongguk getting out of the car followed by a tall blond man and then Himchan followed by another tall boy and a shorter boy,Himchan mutter something inside the car and then shut the door.


Junhong jumped up and raced to the door,inviting all of them in,though confused at the newcomers,he could've sworn Yongguk and Himchan were bringing Daehyun,who were these guys?


"Hey guys,Youngjae here?" Jongup nodded as Youngjae walked in from the living room,the all made there way to the sitting room and sighed as Yongguk nodded at his friends. "Guys,this is Kris,Chanyeol,and Baekhyun." He then turned to the three they had came with him.

"Guys this is Jongup,Youngjae and Junhong." Junhong spoke up directly after. "Feel free to call me Zelo though! It's my nickname!"  Himchan gave Zelo a look and he just shrugged innocently.


Chanyeol took a moment to look at the one called Youngjae,he could see it easily,that boy was indeed brokenhearted. Even after all this time,he shook his head,he had once been like that,even worse ...he shook his head to rid himself of the bad memory.


"Nice to meet you." Youngjae smiled but Baekhyun could only sigh,this was the man his brother loves. How could he explain enough ,so that Youngjae wouldn't run off at the first glance of Daehyun who was currently waiting in the car to figure out how to explain himself.


Kris stood close to Chanyeol,his arm slightly touching the younger boy's side,he was waiting for the coming conversation. He looked over at Chanyeol who was studying Youngjae with a platonic interest. Not to say he was interested IN Youngjae. But rather Interested in him as they seemed to share a common feeling. Hurt.


Of course Kris felt guilty whenever he thought about how he had ignored Chanyeol to the point that he didn't even realize Chanyeol had became suicidal. He felt like scum of the earth whenever he thought about Chanyeol laying in that hospital bed with a dead expression on his face. Though he knew Chanyeol forgave him,he really couldn't fogive himself at least not yet,he wasn't ready to fogive himself. After all he was the main cause of Chanyeol's suffering. He turned back when Yongguk began speaking to Youngjae. He would think about his and Chanyeol's rocky relationship after Daehyun and Youngjae were taken care of.


"Listen bro,the reason we're doing this is because you both need help,not just you two but someone else needs help too." Kris raised an eyebrow,why didn't he just tell him bluntly?


As if reading his mind Himchan leaned over. "If Yongguk said his name ,Youngjae would run for the door instantly." Kris nodded slowly in realization,he should've known,Chanyeol had ran from him after that party,it'd only make sense for Youngjae run at the thought of Daehyun.


"What is it?" Youngjae didn't like the way they were all looking at him,especially that Baekhyun kid,something about him seemed scarily familiar. Yongguk nodded at Baekhyun then motioned for Jongup to guard the front door,Himchan made a sound for Zelo to guard the backdoor. "You're gonna have to keep calm and listen to what we have to say,no ruuning away okay?" Youngjae didn't like this but nodded after a moment's hesitation.


"Hi,my name is Baekhyun,I'm Daehyun's twin brother." Youngjae's eyes widened and he felt his heart constrict painfully and he stood up with wide eyes but Yongguk and Himchan pulled him back down to the couch and held him. "Why are you here? What are you all doing? You know I want nothing to do with that !" Baekhyun flinched slightly at his brother being called an but it was understandable,in order to make Youngjae hate him,Daehyun had to be an .


"Because my brother has something to say to you,something you probably will not be prepared to hear, It's the reason why he hurt you." Youngjae shook his head in disbelief. "No,he was an through and through!" Baekhyun stood and glared. "No he isn't because I'm having to treat the guy I love the same damn way,you can't possibly understand what Daehyun went through for you! The pain,the tears. The nights I heard him cry in his sleep!"


The all froze and turned to Baekhyun who was glaring down at the floor. "Watching from a far as the person you love most is confused on why you suddenly distanced yourself,watching as they look at you in anger for ignoring them,it hurts." Youngjae's frantic struggles ceased as he stared at Baekhyun's brokenhearted face.


"If we ever hurt anyone,broke them beyond repair,believe me when I say...we did it to protect them,to protect you,to protect your family. To protect the people we love." Youngjae shook his head. "How,how can breaking me be protecting me? "


No one had heard Daehyun come in until his voice came out through the room. "Because if I didn't break you,my father would have broken your whole family." Youngjae stared up at Daehyun with wide eyes,Daehyun looked upset,angry,sad,tired...broken. Just like him.


~


Chanyeol stood away from them and looked at Kris who was satnding beside Yongguk in the door way,should Youngjae try to run,inwardly smiling Chanyeol was proud of Kris,he knew he was doing this for Tao and Baekhyun,but for Chanyeol himself too. He sighed and turned away,why were those dreams plaguing him lately,he knew he would need time to get over his moment of weakness,but it was replaying in his head via dream. No not a dream. A nightmare.


He had selfishly thought about his own pain,not thinking about the suffering his parents and friends would go through,the look of horror that must of been on his mother's face when she found him looking like that in the bathroom tub. He should've just talked to someone and not screamed for help silently like an idiot. But he had been scared,he felt they would judge him,abandon him,if they knew he was incapable of taking care of himself.


Kris would've been there for him but he had felt horrible about making Kris miss most of the last season of Basketball that time he broke his wrist that he felt he had already taken too much from the older boy. But Kris assured him it wasn't like that. Chanyeol knew though,he knew he should speak to Kris about these nightmares,but there was just too much going on right now.


Chanyeol looked back at Kris,taking in the boy's flawless features, he would wait to speak of that after everything was over. Right now,there were more important things at stake,like Baekhyun and Tao's happiness.
~


Youngjae was glaring at Daehyun but didn't speakhe wanted Daehyun to leave,but with everyone strangely protecting standing on Daehyun's side,he knew he'd have to listen,whatever,he'd just kick Daehyun out after he spoke his piece,letting Daehyun say what he wanted made Youngjae feel upset and angry but he'd do it,if only to get out of here once he spoke. "You're lying!"


"Youngjae,it's true! It's the reason I dumped you-" Youngjae felt angry. "No! It's because you're an ,a cold hearted who can't commit!" Daehyun's eyes widened at the vemon in Youngjae's voice,Yongguk stood up and Baekhyun winced at the names his brother was being called.


Daehyun walked up to Youngjae and grasped his shoulders,speaking before Youngjae could even begin to push him away. "It's because my father threatened your family!" Daehyun yelled it to make sure Youngjae heard him through his rage. Youngjae's eyes widened and he pushed Daehyun away as hard as he could,which wasn't much considering all his strength left him after those words left Daehyun's lips.


Everyone else was silent,Baekhyun was looking down at the floor as his eyes teared up. Daehyun was panting after the yell but giving Youngjae a hard stare down.


"W...what are you saying?" Youngjae sputtered in shock. Daehyun sighed and looked down before looking back at Youngjae with agony filled eyes. "Just like Baekhyun said, my father,forced me to break up with you in the most heartless way I could or he would see to it that your family would starve on the streets,losing the

business,your house and make sure you and your family would have nowhere to go." Youngjae shook his head in disbelief. "But you said-" Daehyun cut him off and walked closer. "Everything I said that day was a lie. I never meant any of it."


Youngjae shook his head,still not wanting to believe it. "No,why...if this true,why would you tell me now?" Daehyun turned towards Baekhyun and motioned him forward. Baekhyun walkedtowards him.


"Youngjae , our father is pushing Baekhyun to do what I did to you to the person he loves,but unlike myself who was terrified,he went for help. I'm sorry Jae...I..if only I had as much courage as my brother then maybe...maybe you would've never gotten hurt." Youngjae looked at Baekhyun,noting they were only fraternal twins but could see the same eyes.


"What.." Youngjae cleared his throat which felt stuffy. "What exactly did your father do?" He asked this to Baekhyun trying hard to ignore Daehyun,even if he didn't mean it,didn't mean they still didn't have things to work through.


Baekhyun looked at him. "My father is now spying on Tao,that's the person I love,and his family,he's forcing me to marry a girl who likes someone else." Youngjae's fists tightened and thought long and hard about everything he had just been told.


"So..what do we do?" Youngjae asked after about five minutes of silence. Yonnguk smiled and walked up. "We reveal their father for who he really is,thing is though.."He traile doff turning to the brothers. "This could be reflect badly upon you two." Baekhyun and Daehyun nodded,both already aware of this. "We know,but if it means keeping out father from destroying happpiness for money,then we'll do it." Daehyun said as Baekhyun smiled slightly. "Even if it means we aren't forgiven for hurting the people we love." Youngjae flinched at that,it was as if the two knew he was questioning wether he should forgive Daehyun or not,despite everything.


Kris walked over to Chanyeol and placed an arm around his waist,the younger boy flushed lightly and smiled looking at the ground,thinking of how easy it was for Kris to show affection in front of their friends.


Kris cleared his throat. "So uh,ready to go to Xiumin's house? We got some planning to do."
~

 

 

 


Hi guys!
I am going to try really hard to get the final chapter up as fast as possible! If I do this,I'll be proud to say it'll be my very first completed multi chapter fic. Of course after I finish it,I might go through and edit/rewrite some stuff if you ever wanna re-read it XD
So yeah,thanks for sticking with me this long,I'm sorry it's taken me so long. But I am happy to say the last chapter is next! Also,it will focus more on Chanyeol and Kris. Cause Krisyeol XD
BYE FOR NOW!