#27 Taking down Baekhyun's dad (part 1)

When you stopped smiling.

 I have no excuse accept , I've been writer blocked and lazy T_T and also I wanted to get all the chapters finished before posting, so anyway here's the final pieces!! [meaning I'll be uploading the final chapters at once!]

Also sorry I was gonna add a but by the time I reached the end, I found that this story wasn't exactly the place for one, maybe I'll make a oneshot in the future to make up for it okay!


I'm sorry you have waiting this long. ENJOY!



~


Chanyeol looked over at Kris as they rode with Xiumin's dad and Krystal to the police station,Krystal was holding files in her lap as she spoke on the phone to her mystery friend named Amber,Sungyeol had called Chanyeol earlier to say they'd meet at the restaurant that Baekhyun's father was having the engagement perty at.


"Did Hoya agree to help out?" Kris whispered into Chanyeol's ear as to not disturbed Krystal on the phone,Chanyeol nodded and turned to look at Kris. "Yeah,he's gonna come with Sungyeol,and naturally Myungsoo will come too.

So they might end up bring their friends." Kris just nodded. "How's it on Baekhyun's end?" Xiumin's dad called to the back ,Krystal just hanging up her phone nodded in question as well. "I got a call from him earlier,Baekhyun said that his father was getting impatient to leave,but the fact Krystal hasn't arrived yet calmed him down a bit,so they know the guests haven't started to arrive yet."


Xiumin's dad nodded and pulled into the police station and turned off the engine,looking over at Krystal he motioned to the files. "Have all your father's evidence?" She nodded,in order to take down Baekhyun's dad,she needed to take down her own as well. He was just as controlling.


They walked in as police officers saluted to Xiumin's dad,walking to his office,he turned to a large file cabinet and started raking through the files in a certain draw. Chanyeol,Kris, and Krystal waited quietly as Xiumin's dad made a small, 'a-ha' and turned to them tossing the file on his desk. Chanyeol looked at the name of the file. "Byun Soo Hyuk." Ah,Baekhyun's father,Chanyeol inwardly gulped,what mess could Baekhyun's father be into ,that would cause the police to have a whole file on him?


"The reason I asked you here Chanyeol is because you've been best friends with Baekhyun the longest,have you ever noticed a weird demeanor in Baekhyun's father?" Xiumin's dad questioned as he readied his pen. Chanyeol thought back,he barely knew Daehyun,but he had been around Baekhyun's dad several times.


He sighed shakily and felt Kris grasp him hand,he gave him a look of thanks and turned to towards Xiumin's dad.  "He was always a nice man,back a few years ago,he had only started acting weird after an incident involving Baekhyun's brother Daehyun. He never did question me about my relationship with Baekhyun but he always gave me suspicious glares as if I was a bad influence on his son. I suppose when that happened with Daehyun and Youngjae,Baek's dad snapped and kept close watch on who they hung out with." Chanyeol spoke ,he could feel Kris gazing at him ,listening to things he didn't know had gone on in Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's friendship.


"Baekhyun's dad was never one to hurt someone, but once he became CEO of his company,he changed,he became a hateful man,maybe the stress of it got to him and when Daehyun came out as a homoual,he snapped. I hadn't noticed anything, but Baekhyun had taken to keeping his distance from his friends, he used to hug us and hold us randomly, but Baekhyun started to act like one of those guys that hated gay people. It wasn't until I found out about this,that Baekhyun was just trying to protect his friends."


Xiumin's dad nodded his head while writing something down,he then turned to look at Krystal. "What did you have on this?" She sat up and turned towards Xiumin's dad. "I'm Baekhyun's fiance, but honestly,Baekhyun is like a brother to me,whenever we were forced to go on dates, we would just go somewhere to talk about trying to find a way out of this." She shakily sighed.


"I have...sorry... I....had a boyfriend, he coldly dumped me when he found out about Baekhyun." She bit her lip to keep from crying. "How did your boyfriend find out?" Krystal smiled bitterly,and then blinked back tears. "Baekhyun's dad tracked him down while he was at his school's soccer practice,he told him that I was cheating on him and that I was to marry his son." Krystal went silent for a moment and Xiumin's dad urged her to continue. "When Minho didn't believe him about getting married, cause I was too young to marry...he...he told Minho that Baekhyun got me pregnant,so our parents were forcing us to marry,the time I saw Minho he dumped me,a week later..my mom and dad pulled me out of school and transferred me to Baekhyun's school.

How could I be pregnant? I've never even slept with anyone,I'm a ,I was hoping maybe one day with Minho...but we hadn't even touched one another like that." Her cheeks reddened slightly at having to say this in front of Kris and Chanyeol but she really was tired of Baekhyun's father.


Xiumin's dad stood up at the sound of a knock and in walked Krystal's best friend with a smirk on her face. "Sorry I'm late,I was at my dad's office getting the files Krystal asked for,it took some time." Xiumin's dad raised an eyebrow. "More evidence?" Krystal nodded. "This is my good friend Amber,she was bringing my dad's files and her dad's files,if it wasn't for her Minho might hate me more than he does right now.

He's giving me a chance to explain,so he's coming to the party tonight as well." Amber gave herself a pat on the back,Chanyeol and Kris held back a chuckle as Amber said 'That a girl' to herself.


Xiumin's dad grabbed the files and looked through them,his eyes widened with every word. 'Fraud,blackmail,threats...complaints among other company houses, DRUG RING.' He looked up at Krystal and Amber,this might be just what we need to bring down Baekhyun's father.


Chanyeol felt guilty for being happy that they were about to put away Baekhyun's father,he was their best friend and here they were plotting Baekhyun's father's fall down. When he expressed this to Kris,Kris had merely put his arm around Chanyeol's shoulder and assured him that Baekhyun wanted his dad to be brought to justice as well. 

Hanging up the phone with his higher ups ,Xiumin's dad stood up and grabbed his coat and keys,along with the files and headed to the door. "Alright kids,let's go. I just got off the phone with my higher ups,they've been looking for evidence on Baekhyun's father and will be meeting us at the party to finally get him into a corner."


They all headed out,Krystal was in her fancy engagement dress,having changed in the police station bathroom. The boys were dressed nicely but not exactly engagement party outfits, but with the help of Krystal who lied that these were her 'cousins and uncle'  they all got in with ease.


Baekhyun sat stiffly at a table,listening to his father drone on about business with other gentlemen at the table,his mother was scolding Daehyun to sit up straight and stop making their father look bad,she hated to do it,but she would be in for an earful if she didn't.


He sighed in relief as Krystal arrived with Chanyeol and Kris,now he wasn't so alone anymore,he wanted to walk over but if he went over there just for Chanyeol and Kris,his father would surely disapprove. But since Krystal was there....


"Father,may I greet my friends and Krystal?" His father turned to him about to say no,but when he heard Krystal's name and saw her beside Baekhyun's friends he sighed. "Fine, but do not embarrass me." Baekhyun nervously nodded and headed over to them as fast as he could without looking like he was running. "Thank god you guys are here!! I can't stand this anymore. He's over there bragging how 'Baekhyun is a straight a student,Baekhyun will lead my company well one day! I hate it!!" Chanyeol comfortingly patted Baekhyun's shoulder, "Tao will be here soon,as well as Minho and Youngjae." Kris spoke. Baekhyun's eyes widened slightly,he had knew this much,but it was still nerve wracking, Daehyun. Chanyeol glanced around noting that somehow Hoya had gotten in just fine,along with his friends,how the hell?


He shook his head,he heard an intake of breath and turned to see Baekhyun staring at the people who entered,it was time. Everyone was here now,Tao would be coming in as soon as the dinner was going, Xiumin's dad's higher ups, Hoya and the rest, Youngjae...Minho. Youngjae glanced around nervously trying his best not to be noticed by Baekhyun's father.


Chanyeol took note of Baekhyun's father scowling at the entrance of all these teenagers , considering before it had been nothing but his business partners and their families,but he realized Baekhyun's father couldn't do anything,they all had invites. He then turned to look at Kris and saw Kris looking at him,he blushed lightly as Kris faked a cough into his hand looked away. What was that all about?


~


Baekhyun, looked at his friends and at Xiumin's father who nodded at him encouragingly, shakily he excused himself from his friends and made his way towards the stage, it was time to bring down his old man,he marched up to the podium and announced it was time to eat and then celebrations would begin,he made his way to his seat with Daehyun and his family.


Xiumin's dad spoke into his phone before hanging up. "Send in Tao."