#23 Let him smile (PART 1/4)

When you stopped smiling.

#23 - Ending Part 1/4

(sorry it took so long guys ,I was busy with the holidays and in between I was trying to figure out how to end this story in the next few chapters,the I re-did it twice,then I got lazy,then I procrastinated,but I never intended to leave you all in the dark for so long omg..just go and smack me now lol, I'll be working on a new fic after this though that one probably won't be up for awhile..I want to finish writing it first so I can just go through and edit it as I go)

Enjoy!


Part 1


~


Daehyun his side and clenched his eyes shut as his twin had another nightmare ,he could only guess it was about his father threatening Tao,they had conjoined rooms and usually left the door connecting their rooms open,so he could see Baekhyun from his bed tossing and turning,he debated waking his twin up,however once Baekhyun calmed down,Daehyun realized the nightmare had left Baekhyun's mind,if only he had fought for Youngjae instead of giving in to his father,then maybe then Baekhyun would've been free to see Tao as he pleased. But because he was too scared to stand up to his father, a lot of people were suffering from his father's tyrant like hold on his sons.

Looking at the clock,it was the middle of the night,he had to do something for Baekhyun,he knew Baekhyun wouldn't stand up to their father on his own,it was about time he start acting like a good brother.


He sat up and grabbed his cell phone,creeping over to the door to make sure Baekhyun was still sleeping,he put on some slippers and a his winter jacket and headed downstairs as lightly as he could without waking his parents or brother,Daehyun froze as he heard a cough come from his father but then silence returned.

He opened the front door and stepped out as quiet as possible and walked down the street a bit to the local neighborhood playground,no one was around except the streetlight and a few cars here and there heading home from late shifts at their work sites.


He took a breath and dialed a number,praying that the person on the other line wouldn't be too upset with him.

"Hello?" the voice was deep and gruff with sleep. He took a shaky breath. "Yongguk hyung?" He heard a light curse as Yongguk sat up ,Daehyun could hear the older boy turning on a lamp. "Why are you calling me?" Yongguk quietly hissed,trying not to wake his sleeping boyfriend,Yongguk was a college student who was openly gay but still seemed more straight than any other guy Daehyun knew.


They used to be close until his and Youngjae's incident. Everyone thought Daehyun just changed,he kept it secret and now he thought it was time to admit everything starting with the one who'd listen to his confession the most.


"I..I need to talk to you." He heard Yongguk's boyfriend Himchan mutter something. "It's Daehyun." He heard Himchan talking low but couldn't understand him. Yongguk sighed "Why should I hear you out?" Daehyun looked down and bit his lip,he was never used to asking for help,but for Baekhyun and Youngjae he'd do anything.


"Please,hyung,please." He begged softly his voice shaking,not only from the cold frigid air but from the nerves wracking his body.


"Fine,you got one chance to explain Dae..don't make me regret it." Daehyun let out a soft sigh of relief and nodded even though Yongguk couldn't see him. "I promise Hyung,after I explain..you'll know why I began treating Youngjae like dirt." He heard a sharp intake come from Himchan,Yongguk must've had the phone on speaker.


"Fine,I'll meet you there,Himchan wants to come as well,is that fine?" Daehyun went silent for a moment in thought,Himchan also needed to know,it was only fair. "Yeah,he needs to hear this as well."


"Okay,we'll be there in fifteen minutes." With that Yongguk hung up,Daehyun sighed and sat on the swing. "Dae?" Daehyun snapped his head up to see Baekhyun zipped up in his own winter coat. "Why did you leave the house at this time?" Daehyun sighed and patted the chain of the swing next to his.


"Baekhyun, look...dad is on a rampage,he's practically holding mom and I hostage with his blackmailing ways,he doesn't know how you feel about Tao to a point he feels the need to interfere,owever if you don't do someting he will definitely notice and by then..it'll be too late,I'm coming clean about the Youngjae incident to a few friends of mine,they'll help us figure something out." Baekhyun nodded and looked down when he thought about Tao. Daehyun tried to put a grin on his face and patted his brother's back. "Baek,you really love Tao don't you?" Baekhyun nodded again then looked up. "I have some friends that could help as well." Daehyun frowned.


"Is it a good idea to involve him Baekhyun? Isn't he still getting over what he went through?" Daehyun spoke knowing who Baekhyun was referring to. Baekhyun nodded once more. "Yeah but I think this will be good for him,it'll get his mind off his own problems at least for awhile." Daehyun nodded and was about to speak before a silver car pulled up and parked on the side street.


"Daehyun." Yongguk greeted noticing a boy standing beside Daehyun,Himchan followed closely behind,not sure who that boy with Daehyun was, stared hard at him,Baekhyun flinched slightly and Daehyun gave Himchan a slight glare and hid Baekhyun from the older boy's view.  


"So why did you call us at two in the morning?" Himchan began still not sure who Baekhyun was and why Daehyun was so bent on shielding the boy from him. Yongguk looked at the younger boys and his eyes hardened as he noticed Baekhyun's hands clutching Daehyun's arm.


"You surely didn't make us come out here to say you left Youngjae for this guy,right?" Yongguk hissed lightly,Daehyun's eyes widened,they thought he and Baekhyun were toge-


"No,it's not like that,I'll explain about Youngjae,but hyungs,I want you to meet someone,Himchan Hyung,Yongguk hyung this is my twin brother Baekhyun." Both of the older boys eyes widened,the two looked nothing a like except for their names,although something was similar about the two,perhaps the nervous way they carried themselves,both looked like they had once been outspoken,they knew Daehyun was once upon a time outspoken, but had Baekhyun been the same?


"The reason why I did that to Youngjae is-" Baekhyun cut him off. "Because of our father." Daehyun turned with wide eyes,Baekhyun was never one to speak up about their dad. "I can explain Baek you don't have t-" Baekhyun shook his head and released Daehyun's arm,he turned to look Daehyun in the eye. "If I keep letting you handle everything,how will I even deserve Tao? If I can't fight for him without needing you to say everything for me,do I even deserve a chance with him?" Daehyun looked down.

Yongguk and Himchan stared on at the boys,confused on what was happening.


"Explain please?" Yongguk cut in,growing tired of the mysterious conversation.


"Sit down on a bench or something,it's a long story." Daehyun began to explain why he had left Youngjae coldly and why they needed help now,Himchan felt absolutely awful having shunned Daehyun away,he had been so worried over Youngjae that he hadn't realized how truly broken Daehyun was.


Yongguk knew from the start that something had happened to Daehyun to cause himself and Youngjae the agony of a breakup,that was why he always was prepared to hear Daehyun out,that time had come. If Youngjae knew this,maybe he wouldn't hate Daehyun now.


Though Yongguk believed Youngjae truly didn't hate Daehyun,just said it to try and convince himself of it. "So this boy Tao,the same thing is starting to happen to you and him." Yongguk confirmed as he looked towards Baekhyun who nodded sadly.


"Alright first I think we need to go to my father,he'll help us out for sure. First,I need to ask this of you two,if we go after your father,you won't regret it right?" Both boys loved their father but he was turning into a monster,he had to be stopped before his violence became physical.


"He needs to learn the error of his ways." Baekhyun spoke confidentally as Daehyun agreed. "You won't regret it if we get him put behind bars?" They thought for a minute,Himchan watching silently,still feeling the massive guilt for Daehyun.


"Does anyone have a close connection to any police?" Yongguk asked,Himchan shook his head no as did Daehyun,they turned to Baekhyun. "My friend Xiumin,his dad his head of the police force,he'd help." Yongguk nodded. "But is he okay with gay people?" Baekhyun nodded,smiling for the first time in a few days,Daehyun sighed in relief ,so his brother hadn't been completely broken.


"Of course,his own son is gay and he treats his son's boyfriend like his own child too,he's very accepting of everyone around him and he forgives mistakes,despite seeing bad people on a daily bases." Yongguk nodded. "Okay,I'll go to my father in the morning about this,contact your friend and see if his dad would lend a hand." He then turned to Daehyun and sighed. "We'll work out this problem first,Daehyun...you need to tell Youngjae preferebly soon."

Daehyun swallowed. "Not yet,he isn't ready,I need to know won't be hurt by my father." Yongguk sighed but nodded.


~


Chanyeol sat up in his bed feeling a shiver run down his spine,sweat pouring from his face,he looked over beside him to see Kris had fallen asleep beside him,he sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. He was having nightmares of the night he tried to kill himself,but in his nightmares he succeeded. The lights in his room were still on,the music that had been playing long over.


He thought his issues with this was over but for some reason,they were beginning to plague him once again,his phone buzzed as a text came through,he reached to grab and and struggled through reading it,unknown to Chanyeol,Kris had woken up as soon as Chanyeol shot up in bed.

They hadn't done anything just talked and fell asleep,next thing Kris knew he felt Chanyeol leave his arms. Kris watched as Chanyeol struggled to read it and felt waves of guilt hit him once more in knowing he had no clue about Chanyeol's dyslexia,he sat up and Chanyeol's eyes shot over to him,his face flushing red,embarrassed and ashamed to be caught struggling to read.


"Let me see it." Kris murmured softly as he pulled the phone from Chanyeol's loose grasp. Chanyeol watched as Kris's eyes scanned the rather large text and his eyes widened. "Baekhyun needs our help with something." Chanyeol glanced at the clock,managing to make out the numbers. "At 3am?" Kris nodded.

"Let's get dressed then." Kris smirked as Chanyeol flushed red. "You know what I mean! !"


Kris chuckled slightly as he rose from the bed.


Managing to find a late night taxi seemed easier than Kris thought,as he and Chanyeol rode their way to the playground where Baekhyun waited,they had almost made it past Sungyeol,but the crazy boy's 'Chanyeol senses' began tingling and he walked out demanding to know where Kris was taking his beloved cousin at 3 in the morning,Myungsoo had sighed and merely pulled the raging boy back into their room,Kris sent him a look of thanks,Myungsoo had just nodded. He was a weird one..that Myungsoo.


Once they arrived ,they paid the taxi driver and walked to see Baekhyun sitting with three boys,one of which they recognized as Baekhyun's brother Daehyun.
"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun ran and hugged him,a slight clearing of the throat from Kris had Baekhyun backing away and chuckling. "No need to get possessive Hyung,Chanyeol is still my best friend you know?"


"So what happaned?" As Chanyeol heard everything,he felt bad for his 'Bacon'. He had been through too much,he didn't want Baekhyun going through the same things,Kris listened intently,Tao was like his little brother and to hear what Baekhyun's dad was doing to Tao and to Baekhyun made anger course throough his veins.


"So what's the plan?" Kris asked after a few moments. Yongguk smirked. "Simple. We expose Baek and Dae's dad for his wrong doings."


~



(END PART 1/4.) P.S DON'T WORRY AS WE GET INTO THE FINAL THREE CHAPTERS IT'LL BE MORE KRISYEOL THAN ANYTHING.