#20 Fathers.

When you stopped smiling.

#20


Chanyeol sat up in bed,it was close to 1am judging by the digital clock on the bedside table,he rubbed his eyes to be sure. Sighing he rolled over to face the wall,Kris had invited him into his home,he never wanted to burden Kris like this but he couldn't help that small inkling of excitement that Kris wouldn't have it and practically forced him to move in with him.


He couldn't sleep,not because he was having bad thoughts,it was simply because he had slept too much while on his stay at the hospital,he had been stupid to try to commit suicide,he could only thank God that he protected him and made sure Chanyeol's life would get better. He thanked God that despite trying to do something like that. Despite trying to take away the life God had given him so freely,God had forgiven him and gave him another chance to better his life.


He wouldn't waste this second chance,he could. Kris now knew how he felt,his parents were getting help,he was getting help. Things seemed to be getting better.


A knock sounded lightly on his door,he sat up slightly and whispered 'come in'. Kris poked his head in,his own eyes tired from lack of sleep. "Sorry to bother you..."Kris began as Chanyeol shook his head. "It's fine,why are you up?" Chanyeol asked sitting up fully as Kris closed the door quietly behind him as to not disturbed Myungsoo and Sungyeol.


"Couldn't sleep.."Kris murmured ,sitting at the edge of Chanyeol's bed.


Kris looked over at Chanyeol and took in the younger boy's appearance,please to notice the boy had one of his shirts on,was Chanyeol even aware?
He smirked a little,he probably wasn't,Chanyeol would be far too embarrassed. "Me either to be honest." Chanyeol admitted pulling his legs up to his chest and holding them with his arms.


"You're still having nightmares?" Kris asked after a moment turning to the younger boy. Chanyeol shook his head. "No,I've been sleeping just fine,I just slept too much in the hospital so now I have a lot of energy." Kris nodded,relieved that Chanyeol wasn't being plagued with nightmares like he had been during the incident.


Kris stood up and stretched. "I guess I better get back to bed,school starts tomorrow,we need sleep." He was about to leave when Chanyeol grasped his wrist,he turned to look at Chanyeol who was looking away slightly. "I..I know you said we needed to take it slow and I agree,but can you stay?" Kris felt butterflies in his stomach at Chanyeol's request,noting Chanyeol's nervousness ,his eyes softened and he nodded. Chanyeol slid towards the wall as Kris climbed under the covers.


They laid in silence for a moment,Kris's back to Chanyeol. Chanyeol raised his head slightly and hesitantly brought his arm over Kris's side,his forehead buried itself in between Kris's shoulder blades. Kris said nothing but turned over till he was facing Chanyeol. He wrapped his arms around Chanyeol and pulled the younger boy to him,Chanyeol didn't fight,merely buried his face into Kris's chest,feeling comfrotable and suddenly sleepy,both boys slowly fell asleep.


~


Baekhyun rubbed his eyes tiredly as his family finally got back home from the horrific dinner party,it was late...very late. What exactly took so long to discuss for his dad that took him from 6pm when they left for dinner, all the way to 1am?


He looked over to see Daehyun was just as worse for wear. "Boys,go to bed you have school tomorrow,Daehyun make sure you head over to tutoring after school,do not go wondering off with those boys you hang out with,Baekhyun come straight home we have things to talk about." Baekhyun looked at Daehyun in pity when their dad practicaly sneered 'those boys' at Daehyun's face. He was glad that his dad hadn't bad mouthed his own friends,but it didn't mean he was happy it was Daehyun's friends.


Their mother said nothing and just looked at them with a little bit of pity. Baekhyun felt like snorting. What kind of mother let's her husband control every inch of her children's lives,let's him control her as if she didn't have a mind of her own? He loved her a lot,but she was the submissive type of wife that did everything their father told her to do.


She didn't even comfort Daehyun when their dad forced him to break Youngjae's heart. Baekhyun couldn't wait to become an adult,once he did. He was gone,if his father made him marry before then,he'd simply divorce the girl.


She was nice enough and he could tell she didn't want to marry him either,apparently she was in love with her best guy friend. She had told him that her friend was a middle class guy who has gotten in trouble a few times. So he understood why her father was trying to keep her friend from her by marrying her off to Baekhyun. However it wasn't fair to any of them.


Baekhyun's dad,the girl's dad..they both held personal reasons why they were marrying Baekhyun and her off together. For the girl's father,it was to keep a 'low class troublemaker' away from his daughter. For Baekhyun's dad it was 'So he won't turn out like Daehyun and be another disappointment.' Baekhyun snorted as he headed to his room.


If only his father knew he was gay. But he was keeping quiet,he couldn't hurt Tao like that,and he knew his father would force him to hurt Tao someway. His father had a way of finding things out and using it as blackmail towards others. Like what happened with Youngjae.


~


Chanyeol's eyes cracked open at the sound of his alarm clock,he sighed and made to turn the annoying thing off but was unable to move his arm,he glanced down and realized it was warmer than normal,he spotted Kris's arm wrapped around him,practically holding him to the bed. All the moments from last night came rushing back to memory and he blushed.


"Hyung?" Chanyeol spoke,he turned his head to catch sight of Kris's sleeping face. "Hyung!" He called again,he noticed Kris's eyes flicker and rolled his eyes. "I know you're awake hyung." Kris mumbled something incoherent. "What?"


Kris sighed and snuggled further into the blankets taking Chanyeol with him. "It's too comfy,I don't wanna get up." Chanyeol was about to open his mouth again when Sungyeol burst through the door. "Channie turn that annoying clock off alread- Oh... Oh!" Sungyeol's eyes widened upon the scene in the bed,slowly his shocked face turned into a smirk and he started backing away a giggle. Kris and Chanyeol noticed him and jumped away from each other.


"Sunggie it's not what it looks like." Sungyeol just smirked.

"Uh huh,what ever baby cousin." Sungyeol sang as Chanyeol glared at him,Kris was looking at the wall awkwardly.


"I'm the same age as you..." Chanyeol muttered in agitation. Sungyeol snickered. "I'm months older,thus,I'm your hyung." Kris mumbled an excuse and stumbled out of the room. Chanyeol looked stunned at Kris's new found clumsiness.


""I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you guys,if you were getting busy,you could've just told me to leave." Sungyeol spoke innocently,Chanyeol snorted in bemusement. Yeah right,  he's 'innocent'. "Dear God Sungyeol! Why are you so...so?" Chanyeol stuttered as Sungyeol smirked. "Handsome,tall,smart?" Chanyeol gave him a glare at his cousin's vain personality. "So erted and for the record I'm taller than you." Sungyeol huffed and Chanyeol could've sworn he heard Sungyeol mutter spoil sport under his breath.


"Sunggie leave your cousin alone please." The turned towards the door and saw Myungsoo standing there already showered and dressed for school. "We're being moved to your school." Myungsoo spoke when he noticed Chanyeol's questioning stare.


"How did you get dressed so fast?" Myungsoo blinked and held back a laugh as Sungyeol and Chanyeol asked at the same time. They really were just alike,he thought amusedly.


"I got up at 5am." Both cousins in the room groaned and muttered about getting up early was annoying.


Myungsoo just laughed quietly. "Get dressed both of you,Kris is making breakfast." Chanyeol widened his eyes. "Maybe you should go help him while we get ready,Kris tries but he can't cook to save his life." Myungsoo smiled but went down.


Sungyeol turned to Chanyeol. "Kris really can't cook?" Chanyeol nodded. "He can make ramen and sandwiches but that's about it." Sungyeol shook his head.


"I feel sorry for you once you two get married." He then left a red sputtering Chanyeol in the room alone.


~


"Minseok?" Xiumin was sitting in the kitchen with his daughter in her high chair, was covered baby food,Xiumin was laughing and making puffy faces at her,she giggled.

At the sound of his father's voice he turned. "Yeah?"


"I can finish feeding her and clean her up,you need to get to school." Xiumin hesitated for a minute but nodded. "I can take care of her while you're at school Minseok,I don't work until nights anyways,besides I took care of you by myself,taking care of Jin Ae for a few hours will not be a problem."


"I know dad." He spoke softly,his mother was a sore subject,it was one of the reasons he struggled to make sure both he and Yu Ra could be in their daughter's life.


"Son you need to bring Jongdae to see her and get used to her. And it'd probably be a good idea to tell your other friends before it get's out by someone else you have a child." Xiumin smiled at his dad,his dad was the world's most wonderful man.


He accepted it when Minseok confessed he was gay,he forgave Minseok for getting drunk and for getting a girl pregnant,he didn't force abortion or adoption of Jin Ae onto Xiumin or Yu Ra.


He had gotten mad at Xiumin when he had learned about everything,but forgave him like the forgiving person his father was and said he would still pay for his schooling and his household needs.


He even decided to take care of Jin Ae on weekdays while Xiumin was at school and on weekends when Xiumin went to work. He nodded and stood up as his father sat down in his spot taking over feeding Jin Ae who had gotten fussy from not being given a bite of the lovely pear sauce.


He walked towards the door and turned back to look at his dad who was making funny faces at his granddaughter and smiled,he held back tears,he was truly thankful for his dad not disowning him for his past mistakes. "Dad." Xiumin's father turned to him. "Hm?"


Xiumin bit his lip and blinked back tears. "Thank you for everything." His father froze a little but nodded and smiled. "You're my boy Minseok,I would never want to see you suffer." Xiumin looked down. He stood there for a minute then his father spoke. "Well what're you doing? Get to school before you're called tardy."


Xiumin smiled and then looked at Jin Ae who was looking at him as she munched on the pear sauce,it squishing out the corners of . "Bye bye baby daddy loves you." He said it in such a voice that she smiled widely ,with a mouth full of pear sauce and clapped her hands together. "Remember dad,she's alergic to apple sauce." His father nodded. "I know son,calm down she's in good hands." Xiumin chuckled. "I'm sorry,it's just the first time she's ever been without me or Yu Ra watching her." His dad chuckled. "Well I took care of babies before,I haven't lost my touch ,now stop stalling and get to school!"


Xiumin nodded and left.


~


Baekhyun walked into the classroom and sat down,he felt someone staring at him from the side,he sighed. "Wha- Krystal?" She smiled,but it wasn't a happy one,it looked quite bitter.


"Hey Oppa." Baekhyun turned to see Chanyeol looking at him in confusion from his seat in the back. "Why're you here?" He asked with a hiss. She bit her lip.


"My dad,decided to transfer me here so I'd be with you more...and so I wouldn't be able to see Minho." Baekhyun ran a hand through his hair,this was a disaster. "Does Minho know?" She shook her head as her eyes watered. "He thinks I wanted to transfer here to you,he...he ignored me and gave me the cold shoulder."


"What do I do Oppa,I love him so much." Baekhyun sighed and patted her shoulder. "Don't worry Krystal,I'll try and fix it somehow." She smiled bitterly. "But my dad told Minho Oppa that I was marrying you,then Minho Oppa just glared at me ever since." "What?" They both turned and saw Chanyeol standing there with wide eyes.


Baekhyun looked away and Krystal looked down. "Chanyeol,meet my fiance Krystal Jung." She nodded lightly,scolding herself for talking about that 'marriage' out loud.


"Hello." She said bowing quietly. "Fianc- Baekkie,what about Ta-" Baekhyun cut him off. "Tao doesn't need to know Chanyeol."


"But.." Chanyeol began. Baekhyun glared at him,then his eyes softened when Chanyeol flinched,he was so worried about his own problems,he had forgotten about Chanyeol's incident,he felt guilt hit him like a ton of bricks. "Please Channie,just...I can't let Tao know,if he knows my dad will try to ruin his life,he'll start by making sure that Tao hates me,just like he did with Youngjae and Daehyun,just like he did with Minho and Krystal,my dad is a tyrant,a prick,he'll ruin what ever family and relationship he has too for the sake of the business." He then pointed at Krystal.


"Our fathers are already ruined her relationship with the guy she likes." She held back tears at that. Chanyeol nodded. "Just whatever happens Baekkie,don't let Tao suffer." Baekhyun nodded. "I won't."


~


"Are you Huang Zitao?" Tao turned just before entering the school grounds and noted a man in a suit. "Yeah?" He walked up and took his sunglasses off. "Byun Lee Hyun,I'm Baekhyun's father,can you show me which class he's in?" Tao felt wary but nodded. "This way sir."


Lee Hyun gave Tao a glance over as he followed the boy. 'Better make sure Baekhyun is behaving with Krystal'. He thought. 'And make sure everyone knows they're engaged.'


With that last thought he followed Tao into Baekhyun's classroom.

 


 

Done sorry it took so long to get out. -_______-

But it's here now,and I tried to make it up to you guys by making it longer. But I was having trouble with life and writers block and everything but I got it out! Hope you enjoyed!