#11 Broken friendships?

When you stopped smiling.

#11


Kris stared blankly at the 'ER' sign on the top of the door way across from where he was sitting in the hospital hallway,his hands clenched together ,shaking.  He looked away from the sign as he heard Chanyeol's father whispering comforting words to Chanyeol's mother who was sobbing.

Unknown to Kris they had put aside their fighting,this was their son after all.


When he had arrived ,Chanyeol's mother had cried that he had a disagreement with his father and when they went to look for him,had found him in the bathroom with a bottle of pills and some soju that was knocked over.


He clenched his fists together. 'I should've been there!'


He heard someone burst through the doors,it was Baekhyun,Kai,Suho and a newly sober Tao.


Suho gave Kris a glare,looked at Chanyeol's parents for a moment with an unreadable expression and nodded for Kris to follow him,Kris hesitated,not wanting to leave the room but Suho continued to stare him down. Suho hadn't went to the party because he was pissed at Kris,he had simply gave Tao a congratulations and a promise to take him out to eat his favorite meal but said he would not attend that party.


He had been called by Baekhyun who was barely understandable because of his worry,he had jumped from his bed,grabbed his things and took off,while on the way to the hospital he had received a call from Xiumin who had been on his way to the party,Xiumin had thought he had seen Chanyeol there but figured it was his imagination.


After telling Xiumin where Chanyeol actually was right now,he had heard a nervous pause in Xiumin's breathing,he could hear Chen in the background saying something. "Suho,Chen told me he saw Kris kissing Tao and Chanyeol saw it,but Chen didn't think it was him at the time because the boy was dirty and bleeding." Suho gritted his teeth. 'That in bastard.'  


"I'll see you  later at the hospital,Chen,Lay and I are on our way,Luhan and Sehun will be by after they handle stopping the party." Xiumin spoke and said his goodbyes. Suho wasn't stupid,from the very first time he had met Chanyeol,he knew the boy had a crush on Kris.


Though the boy himself didn't seem to be aware.


He stared at Kris hard,giving him a glare no one thought that 'The polite boy Suho' could give. He walked out of the hallway and faced his back towards the door,he heard Kris come through. "What?"


Suho whirled around,his fists grabbing handfulls of Kris's shirt,despite being a good head shorter than Kris,Suho was strong,he shoved him against the wall. "Why the hell are you here? You shouldn't even ...." Kris pushed Suho off harshly. "And you should? He's my best friend Suho,not yours!" Suho scoffed causing Kris to narrow his eyes. "I've been more of a friend to him in a month that you have in your life." Kris scowled.


"You know nothing Suho NOTHING." Suho glared as him. "Did you know he was getting bullied?" Kris froze and broke his scowl. Suho sighed and then glared. "He was getting bullied Kris,he has a learning disability too,did you know that?" Kris looked down. 'He was being bullied?'  his head shot up. "A disability?"


Suho widened his eyes,he was angry and it slipped out. But he needed to be said. "Yeah,he was getting bullied for having dyslexia." Kris stood up and walked over to the door and Suho pulled him back,the tension in the room coming back full force.


"I think it's best if I visit Chanyeol when he wakes." Suho began,Kris smacked his hand away. "No you kept that from me,Chanyeol did too,I need answers.." Suho growled and slapped Kris,Kris glared at him. "What the hell Joonmyeon!?" Kris had taken to using Suho's real name.


"You're so selfish Kris! Don't you know that Chanyeol hid it from you for a reason? He hid it because he didn't want you to worry,cause he knew you would drop all your life plans just for him and now all you are thinking about is getting answers? Kris,your best friend just tried to kill himself! Not to mention,you didn't even notice anything was wrong,even a guy in our class noticed.

You even started hanging out with Tao more....and about that,did you know Chanyeol saw you kiss Tao." Suho breathed after he ranted everything. Kris just stared and went to walk back into the door. Suho stopped him and Kris whirled around with his eyes hardened.


"No Kris,you need to wait." Kris scowled. "Get off of me Suho,I need to see him! That thing with Tao was a mistake!" Suho sighed,Kris wasn't thinking straight.


"Kris you need to wait for Chanyeol to ask for you!" Kris struggled against him and ended up hitting Suho in the face , Suho's usually light temper got the best of him,because Kris not listening and when Kris growled at him, Suho punched Kris,before he knew it,Kris had tackled him to the floor.


"Don't tell me what to do Suho,if I want to see him I damn well will see him,he needs to explain why he tried to kill himself,isn't that a cowardly thing to do?" Kris asked in anger,anger at Chanyeol for trying to off himself,anger at Suho for keeping him away and anger at himself for not protecting Chanyeol.


Suho rolled them over and straddled Kris,punching him in the face. "And what? Blame him for things he couldn't handle? Look at him with pity? He doesn't want pity Kris,he just wanted you,but you were too busy face with Tao to notice!" Kris clenched his eyes shut. "I already said that thing with Tao was an accident!"


And that is what Luhan,Sehun,Lay,Chen and Xiumin walked into,seeing two boys fighting in the hospital on the floor. "Yah!" At the sound of the yell Baekhyun,Kai,Tao and Kyungsoo burst through the door. They pulled Suho and Kris apart.

"What's going on?" Xiumin asked with an authoritive tone,he was older than everyone here,though he didn't look it,he was also the strongest,physically,well with the exception of Tao.

Not getting an answer from the two he asked again. Louder.

"I said what the hell is going on here!" Suho looked down and Kris looked away.

Xiumin got frustrated when both boys gave no answer and walked up in between them.

" I'm hyung to the two of you and you both will answer me! NOW!" Luhan who had been standing behind Xiumin flinched,he had never seen his best friend so angry before.


Suho sighed and walked over to Xiumin. "Kris wants answers from Chanyeol that he isn't fit to give,he doesn't understand....if Chanyeol saw Tao and Kris kiss...." Xiumin nodded,Suho was always seeing through people,he had seen that the kiss was Chanyeol's final straw.


Baekhyun tensed up at the confession and looked at the guilty looking Tao and backed away from him,feeling a lump form in his throat.
Tao reached for Baekhyun. "Baekkie..it's not like that...it was an accident,I was drunk.." Baekhyun just shook his head and walked over to Suho.
Kris looked down. "It's not Tao's fault,you know he can't handle his alcohol..."


Baekhyun scoffed. "Kris you may have been buzzed,but can handle your alcohol, you could've pushed him away,so why didn't you?" Kai asked from behind,Kyungsoo gripping Kai's arm,pleading him to stay silent,Kris stilled his movements. The tension in the room was thick enough to cut with a knife.


"And that's why he should just leave Chanyeol alone until further notice!" Suho said but was given a glare from Xiumin to stay quiet.


Lay who had been silent the whole time spoke up. "Guys calm down,we're in a hospital OUR best friend is in the emergency room,now is NOT the time for arguing over Kris and Tao's kiss thing." Lay then walked back towards the door but stopped when he heard someone on the other side.


There was a knock on the door,they turned to see a nurse. "Am I interupting something?" the boys shook their heads. She smiled. "Good,Park Chanyeol is awake. He's asking for someone." The all looked up. "Who?"


She looked down at the clipboard in her hand. "Suho?" Kris tensed and looked at Suho. 'Chanyeol chose...Suho over me?' Chanyeol..


Kris felt like he was punched in the stomach,Chanyeol asked for someone else. He asked for someone that wasn't him. Suho nodded and cautiously walked by Kris who just stared at Suho in disbelief as he entered the room with Chanyeol's parents.


Kris stumbled backwards and slid down the wall,staring blankly ahead of him in deep thought,the boys said nothing,just leaving Kris to his thoughts.
Xiumin and Chen said they would stay with him. Lay,Sehun and Luhan decided to go get some snacks for everyone and Kai and Kyungsoo walked back into the waiting room.


Tao and Baekhyun still stood where they had been. Tao looking down in shame as Baekhyun was in thought.


"Kris?" Xiumin asked softly. Kris didn't answer,as Kris was deep in thought with one question on his mind.


'What happened to you Chanyeol?'


Tao looked over at Baekhyun and walked toward him. "Baekh-" Baekhyun held a hand up. "Not now Tao...my best friend is in the hospital,I'd rather not deal with you right now." Tao bit his lip and blinked back tears.


Baekhyun knew he was being unreasonable,but Tao and kris were the reason they were in the mess. He knew they didn't mean it,but for soem reason ,the thought of Tao kissing Kris made him feel like he was betrayed.


So he was going to simply ignore it,until an appropriate time came for the problem to be talked about. And right now wasn't that time.


Xiumin pinched the bridge of his nose,Chen put a hand on Xiumin's shoulder.

"Just because you're the oldest doesn't mean you should shoulder everything." Chen spoke.

Xiumin just nodded. "I might've not known Chanyeol as long,but he's our friend Chen...I'm his hyung. And I failed him." Chen shook his head. "No..in some way maybe we all failed him,none of us bothered to see the pain in Chanyeol's eyes." Xiumin just nodded.

Kris had heard them speaking and bit his lip.

Kris looked down so no one would see it. He placed his hand over his mouth and bit down,so no one would hear it. He hid it so no one would see him crying,the only way one could tell he was crying,is if they watched his shoulders begin to shake violently.

'Chanyeol'

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erm this one is a bit shorter,I'm sorry for that,I had been requested to write a oneshot for KyungMyeon. So I was doing that at the same time.

But here you go,I'll try to have the next chapter up in a few days. Cause I have another request XD BaekTao this time lol

No I haven't posted the Kyungmyeon one up here...not sure if I should...hm.....