#24 Let him smile (PART 2/4)

When you stopped smiling.

Hi!! yesterday I tried to upload but my pc acted up OTL

~

(PART 2/4)

Chanyeol sat in Yongguk's car,they had spent half the night discussing what to do about Baekhyun's father. They had to go to Xiumin's house,so once daylight broke,none of them were sleepy and decided to head to Xiumin's house first thing after stopping for some breakfast on the way,Daehyun figured his father would be pissed off if he and Baekhyun had been out all night,so around 7am he had called his father and told him that Baekhyun and he had school projects to do and decided to stop for breakfast on the way. To Daehyun's surprise the man expected no foul play from his sons and merely muttered out a 'Be home for dinner'.


Yongguk and Kris were in the front seat,Himchan sat with Chanyeol,and the brothers were in the very back,looking out their respective windows ,Baekhyun's fists clenched as he wondered if they could really stop his father's reign of terror,why was his dad so powerful?


He  had so much money,it was easy for him to do anything,even bully his own family,Baekhyun had seen his father's power more than once,he had seen men with money cower in fear as his father threatened to bankrupt them,he had seen his father break his own son's heart for the sake of more money,yeah Baekhyun's family was better than well off but Baekhyun felt as if the money was tainted,which was why he worked for money,he didn't use his father's tainted money,he didn't consider himself rich,Baekhyun considered himself cursed,he was forced to live with a man who stole from the middle and lower class families  all for the sake of greed.


It wasn't just about Tao,if Baekhyun's father wanted to,he could tear Baekhyun away from everyone,Chanyeol included. Baekhyun couldn't let that happen,he was heartbroken enough over Tao, but Chanyeol was different,he had been with Chanyeol since baby years. Though he felt nothing romantic towards Chanyeol,Chanyeol was like his other half,they were like one person split in two,even Kris would sometimes mutter about them being too close for his liking. But it wasn't like that,it's not that they were in love with each other. Baekhyun and Chanyeol simply held a bond no one could understand.


Baekhyun felt guilt as he looked at Chanyeol from his seat,he had been so immersed in his problems with his father and Tao,he hadn't even noticed that Chanyeol was in pain,until it was too late and he was in the hospital.


If their bond was so amazing, why was it that no one noticed Chanyeol's pain? Had they all been blind to those happy smiles? after all it was said that the saddest people smile the brightest.


He shook his head,now wasn't the time,he would check on Chanyeol after he was sure Tao was safe from his father.


Kris sat up front muttering a few directions to Yongguk every now and then as they drove,Himchan and Chanyeol were busy talking about their friends,for Chanyeol,he was mentioning Suho,Kai and Kyungsoo,for Himchan,he was talking about Junhong and Jongup,Himchan felt the need to leave out Youngjae for Daehyun's sake.


Seeing that Chanyeol wasn't listening,Kris turned to Yongguk and spoke quietly. "Hey,listen I know we just met and all,but could you possibly keep an eye on Chanyeol with me when this whole thing goes down." Yongguk took a quick glance at Kris with a frown. "Why?"


Kris looked back to see Chanyeol still immersed in conversation with Himchan,Himchan looked thrilled to meet Suho,Kris chuckled a little. He turned back to Yongguk. "Chanyeol is in a fragile state right now,I know he doesn't look like it,but if this situation gets to be too much for him,I want everyone watching him just in case I don't see." Yongguk frowned but nodded. "What happened to him?" Kris looked down,Yongguk glanced over when he saw the look of guilt flash across Kris's face. " Lets just say,I never wanna see him in that state again,please help me look after him." Yongguk wasn't sure what he meant but nodded.


"I'll keep my eye on him." Kris gave a look of thanks and then spotted Xiumin's house. "Xiumin's house." He pointed to the large white house,Yongguk pulled up behind Xiumin's car and they all piled out.


Chanyeol stretched his legs,he had a good conversation with Himchan,when he had mentioned Suho,Himchan had seemed delighted,turned out much to Chanyeol's amusement that Suho had gone to middle school with Himchan,but since Himchan was a bit older he graduated before him.


They walked up to Xiumin's house and Kris rang the doorbell,it was surprisingly Chen who answered,had the two made up? They knew Chen and Xiumin had been having relationship problems as of late. What Kris,Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn't expect was how pale Chen turned at seeing them.
He stepped out and pulled the door shut. "Why are you guys here?" He then spotted Himchan ,Daehyun and Yongguk. "And who are they?" Baekhyun stepped up. "This is my brother Daehyun and his hyungs ,Yongguk hyung and Himchan hyung,guys this is Chen,Xiumin hyung's boyfriend." Chen greeted them. "Why are you all here again?"


Kris stepped up."We need Xiumin's dad's help." Chen paled even more if possible. "What happened? Is everyone okay? Tao?" Kris gripped Chen's shoulders when he saw the younger boy begin to panic and name out all of their friends in a slurred rush. "Tao is fine! But he might not be if we don't do something,Baekhyun is in trouble." Chen nodded. He opened the door and muttered to someone standing behind it. The boys could hear Xiumin mutter to let them in. "Are you sure?" "Jongdae...Tao needs our help,Baekhyun needs our help,I'll explain everything to them." Xiumin spoke,Kris was confused but his confusion slowly turned to shock as Chen sighed and let them in to see Xiumin hold a little girl who in all honesty looked just like him. "Who is that?" Chanyeol spoke after a few minutes.


"This is my daughter." If Kris hadn't been so worried about the current problem he would've demanded to know why Xiumin had a daughter and didn't tell them,but first things first. "Look we'll talk about this later,and trust me when I say we will talk..a daughter Xiumin?..but for now we need to worry about Baekhyun and Tao." Xiumin nodded ,relieved that his friends didn't seem completely angry with him.


After explaining the situation,yet again. Xiumin's father who had been in the living room agreed to help,he surprisingly knew somethings about Daehyun and Baekhyun's father that the two boys didn't know. Their father had been doing illegal things within his company but the police weren't able to bust him,this maybe just the evidence they needed.


 "I can help,but Daehyun will have to talk to Youngjae and Youngjae's family for this to work." Xiumin's father spoke seriously. Daehyun looked down in thought,he wanted to wait, but if he wanted his father to get justice served,he would have to go through with it. "I'll..I'll talk to him." Baekhyun patted his brother's back,not sure how to comfort him.


Chanyeol leaned against Kris,he was listening but his thoughts were elsewhere,that nightmare,he was gonna talk to Kris ,he had decided but now it had to wait,he couldn't worry Kris right now of all times. That nightmare had been so vivid,he could practically feel his body shutting down again as he laid blankly in the bathtub awaiting eternal sleep. He zoned back into the conversation and took in Kris's look of extreme concentration. Yeah,telling him about the nightmare would have to wait.


Unbeknownst to Chanyeol,Yongguk had glanced at him when he noticed Chanyeol blank out and his eyes go off into what seemed some sort of reverie. He recalled Kris's words. 'I never want to see him in that state again,please help me look after him.'


He saw Chanyeol's fist grip his pants,and then turned to look at Kris while biting his lip before becoming the cheery boy once more. He sighed,he could practically see now why Kris never noticed,it wasn't because he didn't try,it's because Chanyeol was so good at hiding it from Kris. He would keep word and look after Chanyeol,he had a feeling Kris would need it.


Chanyeol looked back to Kris and slightly squeezed his hand,though he hadn't noticed he did it,Kris had noticed and turned to look at him. Kris felt something stir in his stomach as Chanyeol gazed at him with open emotions,he could see all of Chanyeol's emotions playing through his eyes like a movie. Love,joy,happiness,contentment,but there was also the other emotions.

Pain,fear,regret,sadness,he suspected the sadness and fear was for Baekhyun,as for the regret and pain...he didn't know. And for Kris,that bothered him.


Yongguk stared at them,he could practically see the love radiating off of them,Baekhyun also looked at them while Daehyun gave all the information of Youngjae's case to Xiumin's father,unlike Yongguk who noticed the love that he thought had already been mutual,Baekhyun noticed that Kris was finally beginning to give into his true feelings.


He vaguely recalled Chanyeol telling him that Kris said he wasn't in love with him yet but he would give him a chance,but as he watched Kris's face stare at Chanyeol in an expression he couldn't name,he knew then,Kris had finally fallen completely in love with Chanyeol. It was only a matter of time before he told Chanyeol,but as he noticed Chanyeol's slightly off expression when Kris looked away,he hoped it would be soon,Chanyeol couldn't be lead on much more,he wouldn't be able to handle it,Baekhyun sincerely hoped Kris would confess soon.

~

 

 

~

We're half way there guys!!!! Just a bit more till the end :)