Making A Wish to Last

100 Reasons Why [Onew]

 

It wasn’t a matter of finding the letter this time, but of time. When was she going to put the letter there, should I go check every day? Hour? Week? When?

Thinking about The Tree, we’d carved our names it a couple years back when we first started dating. I’d taken her out to lunch, and for a walk, past our tree.

Sighing I get up from my chair and walk over to the pictures we had hung when we moved in together.  Of us together laughing and smiling, holding hands, kissing, or just in each other’s arms.

Reason Eleven: Your smile

Reason Twelve: When you’re in my arms I feel complete

Reason Thirteen: You came into my life

Reason Fourteen:How happy you are when I sing to you

Reason Fifteen:Being near me, even if it's just in my heart

 

Looking through our photo album we put together when we had time. I see a picture of our tree with the date scribbled on the corner, four years ago tomorrow, exactly. Sighing I look at the ceiling, "Is it a coincidence or is it she remembers that day perfectly?" I decide to go tomorrow, right after lunch, just like the first time.

 

“You know these ‘clues' are getting a bit far-fetched don't you think?” Minho asks me as we enter the park.

“Yeah, well even if I’m wrong I’d rather know I tried as opposed to giving up.” I mumble walking along the path.

“Why don’t you look for her?” Taemin asks me.

“Yeah, it sounds easier than this.” Jonghyun agrees.

“Guys she wants to know that he loves her, not if he’s impatient.” Key says hitting the two of them.

Smiling at him thankfully we continue on to the tree in silence as soon as we get close enough I see a yellow envelope stuck on the front of the tree, running to it I carefully remove it from the tree reading the words she wrote.‘ I knew you’d remember’.

 

Opening it gingerly I pull out the letter breathing deeply before I read the contents of the letter, my heart beating fast.

 

Dear Onew,

                I’m glad this one wasn’t so difficult. As a secret I never told you, but I used to come here all the time when we couldn’t be together, or if we were fighting. It helps me to remember all the good times we had, Onew do you remember this date? I hope so, because this was one of our first. It help start what we have, could have, had and everything possible for the two of us together.

If you remember right, we’d just had lunch when we walked by here you singing for me, any songs you could think of, some originals…

 

Reason Eleven: Your voice when you sing just for me

 

We’d been walking for a little while, holding hands because the date was so wonderful. I never told you this, nor commented on it but I absolutely adore the way you were completely happy, so happy you were swinging our hands.

 

Reason Twelve: The way you swung our hands when walking around

 

At some point I’d jogged ahead of you, you taking your time pretending to be on your own until I called you, and the smile on my face grew as you ran to me, picking me up and swinging me around then kissing my cheek.

 

Reason Thirteen: You came running to me just because I called for you

 

Setting me down gently you took my hand again, this time however you told me something, that something stuck with me, even now. ‘Our hands are only whole when in the hand of the person we care about most’.

 

Reason Fourteen: The way your hand fits in mine perfectly

 

After we found this tree and carved our names in it, leaving behind our declaration of being together we had decided to sit there. I was leaning against your chest and you were holding me to you closely, mumbling songs into my ear, calming me, and making a wish... For us to last forever.

 

Reason Fifteen: How you mumble songs in my ear

 

Onew, you had me falling for you from ‘hello’. You had me as soon as your lips touched mine, said my name, took my hand and made me smile at you for the very first time. I hope you’re making your reasons because I love you enough to accept just one. My next letter will appear on your mailbox, so don't worry about it.

 

Soon-Kyu

 

P.S. I love you <3

 

Looking at our names carved into the tree I run my fingers against the bark. “I’m making mine don’t worry.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I liked writing this chapter a lot (: As for what Onew did, it'll be revealed later in the story, it has an important reason for Soon-Kyu. 

Comment and Subscribe!!