Angry Bird

Chasing Pavements (discontinued- so sorry!)

 

Yunho

 

 

 

 

"Angry Birds!"

"Angry Birds!"

"WE ARE ANGRY BIRDS!"

 

Jaejoong is really serious getting angry at me, but I can't help but find it cute when he says we're like angry birds. For me, it sounded special. But- why did Teacher Lee have to make us do 300 push-ups in the gym? I haven't been to the gym for how many years now, I stopped.

 

 

I haven't even taken a single look at my body topless.

 

 

I probably have fats now.

 

Oh, that thought. Roll my eyes, I don't have fats, I hope.

 

When Jaejoong and I went to the gym, Teacher Lee made us take off our T-shirt. It was against my rule- own rules- to be topless in a school but looks like the Lee is serious. I watched Jaejoong taking off his T-shirt ily, whipping his hair in the air...

Wow.

 

"Teacher Lee, look at Yunho. He's not taking off his shirt." Jaejoong pouted.

Oh that adorable lips.

"Jung Yunho!" The Almighty Lee shouted at me. I just stared.

"Teacher Lee, I should probably just do 30 push-ups since I followed your instruction right away. Make Yunho have 400 push-ups for not taking off his T-shirt!" Jaejoong demanded.

"You heard Jaejoong right? Mr. Jung Yunho?"

"H-He doesn't really talk seriously." I said.

"So you think I'm joking?" Jaejoong asked, with a straight face.

I nodded my head.

"Why aren't you laughing then? Aren't I joking?"

"Well, that's because your joke isn’t funny."

"Are you crazy or just deaf? Didn't Teacher Lee say you have to do 400 pushups and take off your beloved T-shirt and show us your fatty stomach and ugly nippie?!"

"W-What! I-I don't have fatty stomach and ugly nip-"

Then why don't you take it off now and show off! Weren't you always hot since we were young?! Weren't girls after you because of your hot body?!"

"W-What?! Ya Jae you don't know what you're talking about! I was not hot and girls weren't after me because of my hot body! Girls were after me because- I am Jung Yunho!"

"Jung Yunho?! So you think you're an almighty Jung Yunho?! Teacher Lee is clearly almightier, ier, hotter and yummier than you! And he's not afraid to take off his T-shirt! But you, you're like a kid! You can't even take off your t-shirt huh! Is that your favorite T-shirt since you were a baby?!"

"Aish! You really are crazy! What are you talking about? I don't understand you!"

"You don't understand me? Why huh? Do you want me to speak alien language to you?! Huh?!"

"KIM JAEJOONG!"

"Just take off your shirt!"

"...JAEJOONG!"

"Just do 400 push-ups already so that this will be finish and I will never ever see you again! Never ever!"

"...Enough."

"Why?!"

"I said stop it already, I'll take it off."

"Why didn't you say goodbye when you left? I thought we were friends! What kind of friend are you?!"

Before I could answer, the Lee snapped. "My dear angry birds, enough is enough. Jung Yunho, as punishment, you will be in detention for one week. And as for you, Kim Jaejoong, as punishment, you will be in detention for one week too in the same detention room with Yunho, and you two will be fighting in the room, arguing and try to kill each other until you realize that it's wrong and then after one week, I'm hoping for Friendly birds. Not Angry birds. Or else, I will do the worse to the both of you. Is that clear to your ears?"

"Whatever." Jaejoong said, narrowing his eyes at me before leaving and slamming the door.

The Lee, whom I expected to scold me, taps my shoulder instead. "I smell something fishy." 

"Whatever," I told him and left.

When I was on my way to the male toilet, I heard voices. I decided to take a pee later, the pee can wait. So, I turned my back thinking that I should just go to my next class. However, I head the voices again. It was none of my business but... 

I heard Jaejoong's name.

"Yoochun-hyung! I know you care about Jaejoong, but sometimes you seem like you care about him more than just best friend."

"Hmm. Mega best friends?"

"Beyond best friends."

Yoochun... cares for Jaejoong more than a best friend?

"Ya, Junsu, don't talk nonsense. Jaejoong, he's just important to me, just like you."

"I don't feel that when I'm with you, Yoochun-hyung. Actually, I really like you- and I know you don't care but I just wanted you to know what I think. Stop thinking that Jaejoong will ever feel the same way about you, you'll only get hurt."

"Junsu-ah. What do you want me to do? Let Yunho have him?"

"No...Not like that. What I'm trying to say is, let Jaejoong-hyung decide without you getting involved."

"I don't want to hear anymore."

 

* * *

 

Jaejoong is very special, precious.

Does he even know that?

 

"Are you okay?"

I looked up at the girl standing in front of me. I shook my head, lying on the green grass for almost an hour after eavesdropping Yoochun and Junsu's conversation.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"I'm Yoora, by the way."

"Hn. I know."

"You know?"

"Jaejoong's ex."

"Jaejoong? Psh... Really, why does everyone always mention Jaejoong's name in front of me. He's become really popular after being a jerk and earning a male suitor." 

Right, that Jaejoong. He's really popular.

And I'm courting him, that angry bird.

"Jaejoong...is not a jerk."

"Not a jerk?! So you're saying that breaking up with me is not being a jerk at all? You don't do that to me!"

"Jaejoong is very attractive."

"Are you insane?"

"Yes... I am."

Did Jaejoong put a curse on me...?

For me to go insane over him like this...?

"Well then, insane guy, get up and go sleep in the detention class. I don't like it when Teacher Lee asks me to do things for him, like calling you to go there."

I closed my eyes.

"Are you even listening to me?" Yoora snapped.

"Mm. I'll go later."

"Whatever."

She wasn't there anymore when I opened my eyes. Looks like Jaejoong broke a ghost-like-girl's heart. She must be haunting him in his dreams. That angry bird, he must be scared. I just to be beside him...

But, I'm sure Yoochun's always there when he needs him. Or maybe Changmin, they were together the other night.

"Yuha." Someone sat on the green grass behind me. It was Changmin, the young boy who always mistook me as Yuha or whatever names he invents for me.

"Oh it’s you." 

"Teacher Lee tempted me...for food again."

I chuckled.

"He won't give me the pasta if I don't bring you there."

"Oh."

"I told him to do force, but he told me to do the talking. So, he told me to tell you that you'll get expelled if you don't go to the detention room right away. There's a class going on in the detention class. Jaejoong-hyung is there too. He's really angry he could eat a bird. He keeps telling Teacher Lee 'I am not a friendly bird, I am an angry bird'," he says, imitating Jaejoong. I laughed. "So, Yuha-hyung, please go there? And let me eat that pasta! You can have Kim Jaejoong," he looked at me with pitiful puppy eyes. "You can court him whenever you want just as long as my stomach is full!"

I smiled and ruffled his hair, "Kiddo. You really love eating huh?" 

"And you really love Kim Jaejoong-hyung, right?" He winked an eye.

Correct!

I don't need to say something right? Just a smile will do.

Once I was inside the detention room, I met tons of narrow eyes at me as if they're telling me "You're dead". I don't know the rest of the students that were there, except Jaejoong who was sitting behind eating pasta. Changmin stumbled on the ground suddenly, "PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Oh, sorry about that. I thought you heard me, Changmin. I thought I said don't call Yunho to come here or else I'll eat the pasta! Unfortunately, you did call him because you're deaf." Jaejoong took the last bite of pasta. "Mmm. Yummy."

"Hyung, you're mean!"

"You're meaner."

"You're not the Jaejoong I know anymore! I hate you!" Just like a child, Changmin ran outside. This made Jaejoong feel guilty, so he followed Changmin and passed by me.

I took a seat next to the window, ignoring the eyes on me. "So, anyway, Yunho. This is the room for the bad guys." I heard the Lee said, I just shrugged him off and drifted into a peaceful sleep.

* * *

It was Saturday evening when I went to visit my mom. I found that my sister went to the U.S. after receiving the job offer she had been waiting for a long time. This broke my mom's heart, but we both understood that my sister is already an adult. Mom and I had dinner together shortly; we had a chat about the future and about my stepfather's flight here.

"Yunho-ah, can I ask you favor?"

"Hn?"

"Have dinner with us when your stepfather arrives. Please?"

I chuckled, "Do I have other choice if you're asking me with puppy eyes?" She laughed; I was unable to keep myself from laughing as well.

After saying goodbye to my mother, I got on my bike, started the engine and drove off. On my way to my condominium, I noticed Yoochun's car ahead of me. I slowly took my headgear off to take a look at the person beside him, it was Jaejoong. "Dating again, eh?" I said firmly, but loud enough for the two to hear. Yoochun and Jaejoong both turned their heads on me. Yoochun stopped his car suddenly (I had to stop mine in order not to cause an accident). However, Jaejoong didn't expect the sudden stop, the ice cream on a cone he was fell down on his lap. He gawked at me, and all I did was blink a few times, doing that again and again inoffensively.

"What?" I swallowed.

"MY ICE CREAM!!!" The beautiful Jaejoong wailed.