I'm straight!

Chasing Pavements (discontinued- so sorry!)

 

Jaejoong

 

 

"Who's that?" Changmin asked. I took my ringing phone with me and saw Siwon's name on the caller name. Why is he calling me? I thought. He usually calls when he needs help with Aya. "Who's that hyung? You look like you're frozen." Changmin teased with a chuckle. "Is that a chic?"

"It's Aya's boyfriend." I said and answered my phone while heading to the kitchen. "Why did you call?"

"Ya Kim Jaejoong! You gay-"

"What? Did you call because of that stupid Jung Yunho? If that's the reason then I'm hanging up."

"Y-Ya, wait. I'm just worried. Earlier this day, Yunho quickly left to go to a clinic. Aren't you worried?" That teasing sound. Who cares if that man goes to the clinic? Pfft. "Didn't he ask to court you? You should at least be worried of your male suitor right?"

"I'm not worried. I never asked him to court me anyway. He's probably gay."

Siwon sighed, loud that I could hear it on my phone. "Anyway, I wonder what's wrong with him. He looked really unwell when we were in the shop. Oh by the way, tomorrow is my monthsary with Aya! I just don't remember how many times we had a monthsary... Do you remember?"

"I don't know. Ask her." Annoyed, I hung up the phone.

Yunho quickly left to go to a clinic. Aren't you worried?

I wonder what's wrong with him. He looked really unwell when we were in the shop.

"Is he not feeling well?" I mumbled to myself. "I shouldn't be bothered," with a loud sigh; I opened the refrigerator and took out the bowl of shrimps I cooked the other night.

Changmin stepped inside the kitchen and saw me holding the bowl of shrimps, "Can I have that too?"

"You already have your ramen." I rolled my eyes and went to the living room.

Changmin suddenly grabbed my bowl of shrimps, I took it back from him, and now we're like cats and dogs stealing one's food. "I said this is my food! I cooked it! You already have ramen, just eat ramen!"

"I want to try your shrimp too Jaejoong hyung!"

"I said I don't want to!"

Then someone knocked on the door.

"I have a delivery!"

I glared at Changmin, thinking he ordered without my permission again.

"You- What did you order again huh?!" I shoved him.

"What? I didn't!"

"Aish. Did you just come here to ruin my mood?"

"Maybe it's free! I'll open it!" Changmin ran to the door and opened it. "Oh ajhussi, wait. You're leaving already?"

 

 

"Ya ajhussi. Where's the delivery?

 

 

 

"Oh. It's you. Jang... Yuha?"

 

 

"Is... Jaejoong here?" Someone asked.

"Jaejoong hyung?" Changmin looked at me.

"I don't know anyone with the name Jang Yuha. Tell him to leave." I said.

"It's me. Jung Yunho." The man outside said with a cold voice.

 

* * *

 

Changmin must be very mad. He keeps on looking at Yunho with those fierce eyes. He's not even eating my shrimps anymore. Yunho was sitting on the sofa opposite Changmin and me. I really don't have any idea why he's being like this. He's scaring me.

"Why did you come here?" I asked.

"Well... that... I don't know either." What a lame answer. He's annoying me even more and more!

"If you don't know then just leave!" Changmin whined. "You're making it look like Jaejoong's gay."

"Ya Changmin shut up!" I said.

"What? Are you on his side now hyung? What I said is true! He's making you look gay by courting you! Look here, you're very manly and then a man comes saying he wants to court you? That doesn't make sense!"

Okay. Changmin's got a point. So, just ignore him.

"Yunho-ah, I heard from Siwon that you were feeling unwell..." I started.

"Eh? Unwell?" His eyes grew wide.

"You even went to a clinic. I was just wondering..."

"Were you worried?"

"Eh?" Don't be too obvious Jaejoong! Aish. "No way. I was just wondering why you're here roaming around and ruining everybody's mood. You should just go home so Changmin and I could spend the night together peacefully."

"That's right! Very right! If you're unwell, just go and leave. Jaejoong hyung and I are very very very busy!" Changmin said.

"Oh..." Yunho sounded disappointed.

Who cares?

"I'm telling you Yunho; please don't make it hard for me. I still have things to do. You should just go." With a slight smile, I rose up and went upstairs.

Keep it cool, Jae.

When I reached my room, I quickly closed the door behind me and leaned my back on the wall. "That was easy." I chuckled. However, deep inside me, it wasn't really that easy. It took a lot of saliva for me to have that courage and say that in front of his face. Phew.

 

* * *

 

It's a new day in School again. It seems like I'm in a good mood just by seeing my friends coming over me. Changmin, Junsu and Yoochun - 

And Yoora behind Yoochun.

 

"What is the meaning of this oppa? Are you happy that Kim Jaejoong broke my heart? Aren't you gonna punch him? Why can't you support me just this once? Why are you so mean?" There goes the whining little Yoora again; trying to make Yoochun gets revenge for her being heartbroken because of me. Now that I think of it, it is possible for Yoochun to go against me to save his little sister's heart. I just hope not.

"I said go to your room, okay? Just forget about it and get over it." Yoochun said, catching my gaze and winking an eye at me. Uhg- Goosebumps. I'm pretty sure I looked like a person electrocuted but still alive and breathing.

"Aish! I hate you oppa!" Yoora stepped backward, leaving with her girlfriends.

"That's a relief," I said with an extreme relief.

"Jaejoong-ah," Yoochun called. "Let's go together."

"Oh, isn't that Jung Yunho?" Junsu said, pointing at a man behind me. Yeah, Jung Yunho. I'm not turning around because I don't want to see him. That's what I always tell myself. But what's with this man again that he's suddenly appearing behind my back...

With a BOUQUET?!

"Good morning, Jae." This man I used to like a lot before is right in front of me with a bouquet of flowers. Isn't he...afraid? Well, I'm afraid. It's true that I'm afraid that I'm not that straight when it comes to my heart. I don't feel anything for this man in front of me, but this man who confesses his feelings in front of many people is really bothering me.

"I'm straight." I said out of nowhere. "I'm straight as... I'm straight as the flag pole!" And then I walked away from him, as fast as I could, just trying to stay away from trouble. It would be a very biiiiiiiiiig trouble if the whole campus finds out a man is courting the famous Kim Jaejoong. So Jung Yunho, don't follow me. Don't follow me and forget that you ever said that ---

"What would you like to drink? Orange? Lime?" Jung Yunho?! Why is it that even during lunch time he's everywhere? Moreover, right here where there's so many other students and right here where I'm sitting with my friends? Tsk he's really good in surprising people.

"Will you just-" I said, trying to avoid eye contact with him. "Just eat by yourself?"

"I'm courting you, so as a gentleman, I should serve your empty table with lunch. What do you want to eat and drink? Tell me." He says.

"It's okay, Yunho-shi." Yoochun cut in. "I'll go get it for Jaejoong."

"No, I'll get it." This Yunho is really hard-headed.

"Fine. Just get me something to drink. Lime." I said.

"I'll go get it!" Then he leaves. Why is he even happy and smiling like that? Is he that overwhelmed? He's ridiculous.

I can even hear Yoora and her friends talking behind my back.

"Jaejoong oppa is really handsome. Even a man is captivated by him!" Yoora's other friend said. Argh, it's hurting my ears but I can't help but listen to it.

"Poor Yunho. I should tell him to snap out of it." Yoora said calmly.

That's right. Go and tell Yunho to snap out of it so that I can show to everyone that I'm straight! Tell Yunho to snap out of it and stop bothering me!

"Here's your Lime." A smiling Yunho handed me a can of Lime. "What about something to eat?"

"It's so cold," I stared at the can of Lime while holding it. "Throw this. I just want plain water."

"Plain water? Ahh- arrasso." Yunho goes away again. I have to maintain my poker face for now.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Junsu asked.

"Aish. I really don't like that guy. What does he want? To be in a relationship with you? Pfft." Changmin raised an eyebrow.

Yoochun just held my hand with his, "Do you really don't want to eat?"

"I think I'll just eat some spaghetti. Although I ate a lot this morning, I think it would be better to eat again so that I can get fat." I smiled.

"I'll go get one for you, okay?"

"I'll get it!" Junsu stood up and went to get spaghetti. What now? Do they all think I'm pitiful?

"Here's your water." Yunho came back with plain water, and it’s not cold this time. However, I don't like it. I hate this water just as much as I hate him.

"Why is there no ice?" I asked.

"Eh? I thought you don't want cold water."

"Is this how you court, Jung Yunho? You can't even get me what I want? You ." I said and put the glass of water on the table. "Just get out of my sight, Jung Yunho. I really don't want to see you or hear your voice."

That's right. Because I'm straight.

"Just leave before I punch your damn face with my fist." Of course I can, I'm straight!

"You- will really punch me?"

"Yes why? You can't even let me do that? Aren't you courting me? Shouldn't the suitor let the person he's courting do anything to him? Shouldn't you make me happy?"

"Well, if that would make you happy... Just punch me."

"Tsk. Stupid guy. Are you really testing me?" Act like a man Jaejoong! Manlier than Jung Yunho! "Ya Jung Yunho," I bit my lip and dramatically stood up like those leading men in action movies! "What do you want? War or fight?"

Almost everyone's mouth dropped open. Whoa, they really can't believe I'm looking for a fight right now. I just showed them how manly I am!

"I repeat, war or fight?" I said again.

"J-Jae... What's wrong with you?" Yunho must be scared; I can see it in his eyes. It was like he's calling his mother inside his mind, like 'Omma! Omma! Jaejoong is gonna kill me!

Oh. I don't know what I'm thinking. I must be paranoid.

"What's happening here?!" Someone shouted. My heart almost jumped out from me when I saw who it was. Teacher Lee Min Ho, our P.E. teacher. Why did he come in the wrong time? I hate this teacher so much. He thinks he's got the best abs ever. He hasn’t even looked at mine!

"T-Teacher Lee," I said, stammering.

"Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho! 300 push-ups in the gym NOW!"

"Eh? Why me? I didn't do anything! We haven't even started fighting yet!" I demanded.

"I'm looking forward for these two lovebirds in the gym, within 5 minutes. If I don't see the two of you there... Expect the unexpected." Teacher Lee left afterwards.

He even called us lovebirds. Who is he kidding?

"And for your information, we're not love birds! We're angry birds! ANGRY BIRDS! Remember that! Aish!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I even attempted kicking Yunho under his precious thingy but... Maybe save the best for the last.

Anyhow, this is all Yunho's fault!