How Many Kisses?

Chasing Pavements (discontinued- so sorry!)

Yunho

 

ACKKK!!! Why did I do that? But why is Jaeoong not saying a word? And why did I get out of the car? Might as well go drench than staying there with Jaejoong…

There was nothing left to do since I got out of the car I ran towards a big tree and took a cover underneath it.

“How could you be so stupid? Why did you kiss him?” I uttered while shivering.

A few minutes have passed and I still can’t face Jae who is in the car. Surely he must have been shock. I can’t believe I couldn’t strain myself from doing that. Why was he so cute? It was obvious that he was smiling. He still hadn’t change yet. He can’t hide his feeling really well.

The sun’s down and night fell. The rain hadn’t stopped yet and I was still standing under the big tree. My shoes are drenched with mud and it was heavy. I found a stick beside the tree so I tried to get these muds off my shoes.

Taking mud off shoes is really difficult. It’s very thick. I wonder what Jae is thinking right now. I hope he’s not mad at me because of that kiss. I couldn’t help it. He was so cute and hiding his smiles and laughs are unfair for me. I make him feel special on everything I do but he ignores me.

“Yah, babo!” I was startled with the voice. I lifted my head up and saw a silhouette with an umbrella. “Yah! How long do you plan on standing there? You’ve been outside the car for an hour now.”

I was shocked because I can’t imagine Jae being here after what happened.

“Are you listening? Yah! Yah!”

“Jae… I’m sorry.” I said, almost a whisper.

“What did you say? I didn’t hear it.”

“I said I was sorry.” I said in the same voice.

“Yah! Are you playing with me? Did your voice box get frozen because of the weather?” He stepped closer to me. About half meter away.

“I said I’m sorry.” I said in a higher tone. “I was wrong and I know you’re pissed off right now. I will not do it again so I’m very sorry.” My voice is starting to get cracked. Wah! I can’t believe I felt so disappointed and regret up until now. “Jae… I’m sorry.”

There was a long silence. A very long, awkward silence…

I looked at his face and he was staring at me. His cheeks are slightly pink. Is it because of the cold or is he…

 “What are you talking about?” He said while turning his back on me. “Get in the car or you’ll catch a cold here.”

He dashed off the car and I was still standing there, dumbfounded.

Blankly, I started to walk towards the car. Jae was sitting at the backseat and I opened the door at the front and seated there quietly.

“I’m going to sleep so don’t bother me.”

Sigh.

Silence ruled the night. The wind blew strongly and the trees started to sway. The rain starts to get weaker and the coldness makes me shiver.

Jae was sleeping at the back seat with his back turned to me.

“Is he mad?” I mumbled while looking at him. There was an awkward silence but finally I said, “Jae, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that.” Sigh.

There was no response. Maybe he’s really sleeping, I thought.

I was starting to starve so I just ate whatever is in my bag which was not very convenient. They were all junk foods. How will I be able to grow if these foods are the only foods I eat? Anyway, I ate it.

After eating the not-so-nutritious-food I set my seat so I can lean backwards and sleep. After lying back for a while, I fell asleep.

 

 

“Dad, please stop… It hurts.”

“No. Do you know how much that bike cost? Huh?”

Why do I have a father like him? I keep asking myself while he was busy punching me to death. My body is in sore but he keeps on beating me up.

My mom is just there standing at the corner, crying… I know she can’t do anything about my father. He is always like this. He is a ing bastard. I can’t believe I have him as a father.

“There. Thank me for not killing you.” He said while throwing me on the floor real hard.

He beat me up just for a stupid old bike. It wasn’t me who broke the junk’s chain. I tried explaining that to him but he won’t let me. He beat me up like I was a nerd bullied by the bullies.

After the beating, I grabbed my jacket and dashed off the house. Whenever I am at this state, I don’t want my mom to look at me because she just pities herself more than pitying me.

I ran towards the playground far off our house. Even though it’s snowing and is very dark, I didn’t feel cold at all. I sat on the swing and cried. The wind blew and I shivered.

The night was very cold but warm. I felt peace and calmness inside me.

I was at the playground for a long time. After calming myself, I stopped crying and closed my eyes. I was at ease for a moment when suddenly a hand touched my head. I lifted my head and saw a girl in white jacket, smiling and continued to ruffle my hair. Her eyes are beautiful. It made my heart skip a bit.

“Yah, why are you here? Isn’t it cold?” she said in a warm voice. Smoke blew from while speaking.

“Eh? Ah… I…”

“I saw you running here but I got worried because an hour had passed but you haven’t come back yet. I figured you’ll be here.” She is smiling, a very gentle smile. “Here, take this.” She handed me a scarf.

I accepted the scarf and said, “Thanks.” I smile a bit but I was embarrassed. She went here for this.

“I’m Yuri. I live there.” She said, pointing at a big house that was nearest to the playground.

“I… I’m… I’m Yunho. I live far away from here.”

“Oh… Okay.” She said awkwardly. “That must hurt.” While touching the cut on my lips.

“Ouch.” While touching the cut. “It’ll heal. Don’t worry about it.”

She sat to the swing next to mine.

“Aren’t you going home now?” she asked.

“Nah… They probably won’t know that I’m not there, especially my dad.” I said sarcastically.

“Is it okay if I call you Yunnie? You’re pretty cute.” She said, smiling.

“Eh?” I blushed. “Call me whatever you want.” I looked down at my feet.

“Then it’s settled!” she said happily while standing up. “I’ll be going home now so you better go home too! See you, okay?” then she left.

“Yeah, see you.” I said in a low voice.

 

 

*knock, knock, knock*

I woke up because of the knocking. I see Siwon outside and there's still Jaejoong at the back seat with his lips pouting and his arms crossed over his chest. Siwon gestured for me to come out. I gulped; a bit worried that we might get scolded because we weren't able to come on time- obviously I missed a practice.

"You're not going out?" I asked Jaejoong before opening the door, he didn't say anything, and he didn't even look at me. He was just- blushing. I don't know why though but I went out and closed the door behind me. Siwon dragged me near my bike and then he burst out laughing. "W-Why are you laughing?"

"I can't believe this really," he said, still laughing. "You know- I shouldn't tell you but it's really funny!" More laugh.

"What's so funny? Did I drool???"

"What? No- No it's not like that." And he laughs again. "It's about Jaejoong. But if I tell you, don't tell him that I told you okay? Keep it a secret okay?"

"Jaejoong...? What about him...?"

He moved closer to me and whispered in my ear, "He kissed you while you were sleeping."

My eyes widened in disbelief. "..."

"I noticed my car so I stopped then I saw him kissing you- and then I found him, and he quickly backed away and pretended that nothing happened." He laughed again. "Yunho, you're so unlucky to have your first kiss with a guy." I blushed. 

"D-Did...he...really...kiss me? While I was asleep?" I asked, still couldn't believe it.

"Yes of course! Aish I should have taken a photo of it and place the picture everywhere in school! It would be breaking news!"

I was too busy being in my dream world that I ignored whatever Siwon was saying about breaking news, basketball practice and the tournament. I hiccupped as I imagine how Jaejoong kissed me while I was asleep. If he did kissed me- then that means we kissed two times. It means... he likes me back? I smiled widely.

"You look funny." Siwon muttered. "You know, let's just go. Everyone must be worried we're not there yet. Let's go ride on your bike, the three of us. I drive, Jaejoong on the middle and you behind because you won't let Jaejoong fall right?"

"Yeah- whatever. But he really kissed me." I clasped my hands together, grinning. Siwon slapped my head and I went back to reality then.

"Call Jaejoong so that we can go now." Siwon smiled and jumped on my motor bike.

 

♫ ♫ ♫

 

We arrived to the province shortly. There was a small motel and a basketball court (everyone was practicing already as if that could make us all win the tournament). And my was really burning- it was difficult to force myself on my bike when it's not that big or long. I could have fallen but I endured it- and I was holding on to Jaejoong as well. He pushed me a bit, and then he would push me really hard when I hold on to him tighter. I just said nothing.

"It...tickles." That was his reason, so I just smiled and tried my best not to do anything stupid so that I won’t get pushed and die on the road because of him. 

Yoochun approached Jaejoong first before the others. He looked at me before he did to Jaejoong though. And looks like he never expected Jaejoong to come for his toothbrush.

"Your toothbrush!" Jaejoong showed Yoochun a mickey mouse toothbrush, we all laughed except the two of them.

"Yoochun, you use Mickey Mouse toothbrush?" Siwon teased with a laugh. Yoochun just grabbed his toothbrush from Jaejoong and said: "I thought Junsu will bring it here."

Jaejoong lowered his eyes with rosy cheeks. "W-well...I wanted to see you." 

Yoochun enveloped Jaejoong in his arms with a satisfied smile. Siwon called me to join the game with them so I did. I didn't turn back anymore and busied myself in the game.

Night fell in a snap. We all gathered at the backyard of the motel where there was green grass and tall trees. I just finished showering and everyone was sitting in circle with a bonfire in the middle. Siwon called me to sit beside him.

"How are you?" He asked. "Did Jaejoong sneak in while you were showering?" I chortled and shook my head. "That's good to know because I would think he is a ert if he does that after kissing you." He said and talked to his other seatmate.

My eyes searched for Jaejoong but he was nowhere. I thought that maybe he's already asleep, or this gathering is just for the basketball team. "There he is! Mango shakes!" One of our teammates exclaimed and pointed at Jaejoong who was carrying a tray of mango shakes on a plastic cup.

"Hi everyone!" Jaejoong beamed. "Mango shakes! Chunnie's all-time favorite!" Yoochun laughed and helped Jaejoong. I stared and absolutely wished that he said my name instead of Yoochun. I like mango shake too- why didn't he say that? I was disturbed from my imaginations when Siwon pinched my arm. "Aw. What's wrong?"

"You jealous?"

"Why would I be jealous?" I looked away and waited for Jaejoong to give me my mango shake. He served everyone, even Siwon- but he just passed by me as if I was invisible.

How...

Disappointing...

"Ya Kim Jaejoong, why didn't you give a mango shake for Yunho?"

"Yunho?" Jaejoong looked at me. "He's allergic to mangoes. He should just drink water."

"Yunho, you're allergic to mango?"

"I am?" I blinked. 

"Don't you remember, Yunho? You had rashes around your lips when we ate mango back when-" He stopped and cleared his throat. "Whatever. If you want to try it, you can take Siwon's. I made these for Yoochun anyway." He turned back and sat on the grass beside Yoochun.

"Whoa. You forgot you are allergic to mango?" Siwon asked and laughed. "Guys, let's toast for Yunho who forgot about his allergy!" Then they toasted and that night was filled with laughter, music and more laughter. Jaejoong also sang a song for everyone, and he was so cute- I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Siwon put his arm around me and his other arm on his other teammate, and we all listened as Jaejoong continued singing.

"Yunho what did you eat? You're burning." Siwon whispered, still swaying.

"I'm in love." I replied, swaying along to the song Jaejoong was singing with a wide smile.

♫ Ooh boys cheeky girls
Ooh girls cheeky boys~

I never ever ask where do you go
I never ever ask what do you do
I never ever ask what's in your mind
I never ever ask if you'll be mine
Come and smile don't be shy
Touch my bum this is life! ♫

We all laughed as Jaejoong does a y aegyeo and winked at each one of us- at least he included me. Yoochun stood up and joined his best friend, together they sang. I was trembling slightly, dying to join those two people but I would only be a hitch if I do that.

♫Oooooh

We are the cheeky boys
We are the cheeky boys
You are the cheeky boys
You are the cheeky boys
We are the cheeky boys
We are the cheeky boys
You are the cheeky boys
You are the cheeky boys♫

 

"Yunho, you're nothing to me anymore. Well, actually, you're just a memory for me."

I'm so dazed.

Sometimes I feel like I still have a chance but sometimes I feel like what he said is true; that I'm just a memory for him. Nevertheless, he kissed me back... Siwon said he kissed me while I was asleep. Maybe... Maybe I should confront Jaejoong?

"Wait a second..." I breathed.

"♫Hmmm... cheeky cheeky.♫" Jaejoong and the others laughed but my vision was turning vague in an instance, I wasn't in the mood to laugh- and I don't even get what's so funny that they're laughing.

"Kim Jaejoong..." Yoochun calls his name, and I see him brushing the back of his palm on Jaejoong's cheek.

"Mm. Do you like the song, Yoochun?" Jaejoong asked.

I stood up, but all of a sudden, my body felt shaky like I was about to fall. My sensation's spinning like crazy. The air around me went hot and steamy. I was so lost, and then I watched as Yoochun brushed his lips against Jaejoong's. Damn it, how many kisses did you get today, Jae? I thought, slightly provoked as I was about to drag Jae away from him- but everything went black. 

Falling.

I was falling.

Falling further...

Further...

I was alone...

No one was up there...

No one was anywhere...

The bottom was empty, I continued falling.

Falling further away from him...

"Yunho!" He reaches for my hand.

What the heck is happening to me?