A Chance

Chasing Pavements (discontinued- so sorry!)

Yunho

Music here <3

I was awakened by the deafening snore of my roommate. Last thing I remembered before I drifted into a peaceful sleep was with Jaejoong on the bed next to mine. I smiled as I recalled last night. He really stayed by my side. I should be thanking him about everything...

Hey, why is he snoring so loud early in the morning? I turned back to where Jae would be sleeping... My eyes widened in surprise and my body jumped off the bed itself. I groaned as my back hit the floor. Can't believe Yoochun is there. Wait- I clearly saw Jaejoong last night and he told me that he'd be sleeping with me. How come Yoochun is here?

I recalled some flashbacks from last night's conversation. "What the are you doing here?" I heard Yoochun and Jaejoong arguing in the middle of the night, I thought I was dreaming. "I'll stay with him, Jae." "No, it's really fine. I can take care of Yunho." "No, I don't think so... What if the coach finds out? He might pull out Yunho..." "Are you serious? Do you think Yunho would kiss me the way you did to me?" "No, that's not what I mean. I'm just saying that... He's courting you, and you don't like him, right? The coach might misinterpret your relationship with Yunho. And I plan to tell Yunho early in the morning to stop courting you before the coach finds out about that." After that, I couldn't recall how Jaejoong answered him.

Oh right, Yoochun asked Jaejoong to go back to his room. In all likelihood, of course Jaejoong followed his best friend. That's why Yoochun is here with me instead of Jaejoong. "Yunho?" Yoochun called.

I briskly stood up and stared at him. "I'm fine," I said, just in case he saw me falling off the bed. "Definitely fine." Though my back did hurt.

"Do you still have fever?" He asked after a moment of awkwardness.

"No, I don't think so...I feel better." I turned my back on him and pulled out a shower towel from the Chinese cabinet. "I'm just going to take a shower first," I said before going in to the bathroom.

I sighed with disappointment as I hang my towel on the hook next to the shower. My heart jumped again when Yoochun rushed inside, pulling off his pants with his brief and sitting on the toilet bowl. "At last," he sighed in relief.

I blinked my eyes, feeling disrespected. "Well, that's rude. Did you forget I am here?" I spoke.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it." He covered his face with the back of his palms, mortified. "Go wait outside, please."

So I had no choice but to go out. Next time I'll lock the door. I don't want anyone to disturb my moment in the shower. I sat back on my bed and waited.

"I'm not leaving you. I'm staying here, Yunho." I smiled as I vaguely recall Jae saying. I should show him that I am well now. I can play. I feel so ashamed for fainting last night and everyone's gathering had to be cancelled because of me. I should be taking care of myself more...

My thoughts were disturbed when I heard a fart from the bathroom. That was Yoochun's. I hope he's okay back there.

In a little while, Yoochun finished what he was doing earlier and I went back to take a shower. I left him afterwards. Just thought maybe I could get some practice until I felt a can hit my head. I stopped walking in the middle of the basketball court and gazed down at the can of coca cola. I looked behind me and saw a woman walking towards me.

"Jung Yunho!" She called, smiling. "You feel well now?"

Who is she again? I thought. I was about to ask her when she suddenly snap her hands in front of me. "It's me Yuri." She reminded me. Oh right, she's Yuri. The one who took care of me... besides Jaejoong. She was also that little girl who gave me a scarf when I was a child. It was good to see her again, all grown up. She was the first to recognize me last night.

"I really don't know what to do right now. Can't we just send him to a hospital just to make sure we'll still have him alive tomorrow?" Siwon muttered under his breath, talking to Yoochun.

"Are you still aware...that I'm here right now, Siwon?" I spoke, still tired and couldn't even open my eyes. "I am not dying," I evoked him.

"The hospital is miles from here." Yoochun said.

"I know how you can take care of person with high fever," the innkeeper spoke. "You can make him eat porridge and also-" Siwon didn't let her finish though. "Can you do that for us miss? Our coach will pay double. Just you be the nurse for our friend." Siwon didn't even ask the coach about this. I also insisted that I would be fine if I get some sleep. But they won’t listen to me.

"Really guys, I'll be fine if I just get enough sleep." I said.

"No, Yunho. You're not going to be fine if..." Siwon leaned closer to me as he whispered, "There's no woman giving you the pleasure. Seriously, you're going to thank me for this." I sighed, shifting my glare to the innkeeper.

"So what's your name, miss innkeeper?" Siwon asked the lady.

"I'm Kwon Yuri."

"Nice name. I'm Choi Siwon, and this is my friend Park Yoochun," he pointed at Yoochun and then to me. "Our sick friend, Jung Yunho."

"Jung Yunho?" Yuri seemed so surprise. "Oh, it's you! The small eyed boy!" She exclaimed as she watched me bedridden for the night. "I gave you my scarf before, right?!" She declared.

"Oh... Yuri, you the one who threw this on my head?" I smiled as I gave her back the can. She nodded with a chuckle. 

"That didn't hurt that much, right?" She tapped my head gently. "Anyway, I just wanted to check up on you. How are you feeling now?"

"I feel better." I smiled. "Did you really have to throw that can on my head when you could've just called me?"

"Well, I don't want you to forget about me." She tapped her chin and started laughing. "I just thought I'd give you something to remember."

I couldn't help but smile. She's beautiful. She's fun too. Maybe if we were closer when we were children, maybe if we saw each other again after she gave me that scarf, maybe there was a chance that I'd fall in love with this girl and not to a man. Despite that, I'm glad we never met each other until now. If it were for some other guys, she could have made them swoon over her. As to me, I see Jaejoong. Everywhere.

Well, speaking of Jaejoong. He's watching us.

"I need to go." I told Yuri as I walked passed her, taking a fast glance at her before walking straight to Jaejoong. "Jae," my lips started to form into a smile as I stare at his dumb but beautiful expression. "Wanna drink some coffee?" I suggested.

As I wait for his reply, I noticed Yoochun coming towards us. He was still a few miles away though. So I made Jae answer me as fast as he could. Yoochun can't steal Jaejoong from me again. "Answer me," I spoke fast.

"I'll play hard to get so I'd say no." He said, crossing his arms.

"I'll play pretend so I'd pretend I heard you say yes," I said and grabbed his arm. "Time for coffee."

"Hey, I clearly said no." He insisted.

"Just this once, Jae. Just give me one moment with you without anyone to bother that moment." I said as I held his hand and continued walking. We could cross paths with Yoochun in a little while. I have a feeling he's gonna stop us but if he ever does that, I'm not stopping from pacing forward with Jaejoong beside me.

"Yoochun is coming," Jaejoong uttered but I ignored him.

"Pretend we're really busy that you didn't notice him." I said.

"What the heck?"

Zoom.

And we did it.

We just passed by him.

As if we saw nothing but air.

I brought Jaejoong to the nearest Café and led him to his seat. I sat opposite him, watched him sitting properly and still upset about what I did back there. "Okay, I'm sorry. I know I did wrong." I admitted. "I..."

"You don't have to explain, Yunho. I appreciate it that you abducted me. You're probably feeling well now because you were able to abduct me all of a sudden. Now tell me what you want." He went on, complaining. "Are you planning to court Yuri, too?!"

I blinked, helping myself to keep from laughing. "Of course not, Jae. It's not like that. We were just talking."

"Great," he looked away. "You don't have to explain that too. Just order me a cappuccino."

I smiled and called the waiter immediately. "Two cappuccino please," I ordered. The waiter followed my orders and left.

"Yunho," he started. "Since you brought me here, then maybe we have a lot to talk about...about last night. Like how Yuri treated you and what's the difference between my presence and her presence?"

"There was a big difference... I can't explain that though... But I want to say thank you... Maybe I could've died in my sleep if you weren't there shaking me and bringing me back to life." I smiled at the memory of Jaejoong shaking me until I awoke from a nightmare. "In my dream... I was drowning. The memory of that accident when I almost died, and my father just left me there saving himself... I had that dream again." I chuckled, though it wasn't funny. I just thought maybe some sound effects wouldn't hurt.

"Seriously? Maybe we should really send you to a hospital!" Okay so he went overboard.

"It's not an illness; no one can treat me and stop my nightmares. Look, I'm not saying this for you to pity me; I just wanted you to know. I trust you, Jaejoong-ah... Sometimes, I just need someone to stay with me. I can't even face my new father. I don't know how. We both know I hate my real father... but he's gone in my life...just not in my mind. Sometimes..." I stopped when the waiter placed the two cappuccinos we ordered earlier. When he went to his next costumer, I continued. "Sometimes, when I think of you... I feel all better and I forget all the nightmares. I swear you're all I think about, last night Yuri might have been there watching me but all the time I was always wishing she was you."

He sighed, "Wait a sec, I'm...a doctor?"

"I'm not joking right now." I said, seriously.

"Then... I'm your savior?"

"That's more like it."

He slammed his hand on the table, startling me and causing the other costumers to look at us. "You have to give him a chance, Yunho. Your father is gone for a reason; it doesn't mean that you can't let a new one comes into your life. He might be different from your father, he might be able to fulfill the role of a father that your biological father failed to do so. Just give him a chance to be a father and maybe you can give yourself a chance for a new life, a better one."

I swallowed. "Do you have any idea what you're saying, Jae?" I asked, taking a sip of my cappuccino.

"Since when did I ever talk nonsense to you? I'm just worried about you, Yunho."

"You're worried? Does that mean..."

"I like you? No, Yunho. It doesn't mean that way."

Silence. I looked away, embarrassed.

"Yunho," he spoke in an undertone, trying to get my attention. He placed both his hands over the table and clasped it together; his voice was trembling a bit. I didn't say anything. "I went too straightforward right? The truth is... I... I really appreciate everything you do for me...and also..."

| Insert Music Here |

"Kim Jaejoong." Yoochun came, just at the wrong time.

"Yoochun? What are you doing here?"

"Let's go."

I just sat there, watching as a man whom now I see as a rival takes away the love of my life. I just sat there, without words. I was too busy being in my own world, pondering what kind of appreciation Jaejoong has for me... and Yoochun... Why is he taking Jaejoong away? Could he possibly...feel the way I feel for Jaejoong too? Could he?

It’s been an hour since we've been warming up in the basketball court. I don't see Jaejoong anywhere. He's worrying me. I noticed Yoochun is not looking well, did something happen between him and Jaejoong? Siwon was also trying to talk to him, but Yoochun won't even listen to him. Did they fight? Jaejoong should be here... He wouldn't lock himself in his room right?

"Have you seen Jaejoong?" I asked Siwon. He shook his head and stretched his arms. 

"You should stop looking for him," Siwon mumbled. I just don't care what they're going to say; I took Siwon's phone and dialed Jaejoong's number. Siwon's gonna kill me after this.

He wasn't answering.

His phone was ringing about ten times already.

"Jung Yunho!" The coach yelled, stomping towards me. "Didn't you hear? No phones allowed."

Siwon stopped what he was doing and approached us. "I'm sorry coach, let me handle this." He said.

"As Team Captain, you should be aware what your players are doing and you should be teaching them a lesson! Just look at this new player, he's taking advantage of you!" The coach whined. The two of them were now talking, or arguing rather. I spun around and called Jaejoong one more time until he finally answered his phone.

"Jaejoong?" I stated, only to hear him screaming in the background. "Jaejoong?!" I called out, thundering. More screams. Jaejoong is screaming. "Ya, Jaejoong-ah! Where are you?! What's happening there?!"

"Jung Yunho! Will you please put that phone away?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :D

Hi guys! I updated :D

Thanks for those who commented, those who read and those who subscribed. I love you all. I don't mind some unsubscribing, I do understand lol.

Anyway, I hope today's chapter went fine. As you can see, Jaejoong is screaming in the background. I have no idea what's happening too :(

I'm worried! Jung Yunho do something!

But wait, do you really think Yoochun has to do something about it? Do you trust him or not? -_-

Well, watch out for the next chapter! comment maybe? T_T

I miss Yunjae <3