Because It's You

Chasing Pavements (discontinued- so sorry!)

 

Jaejoong

How about listening to a song as you read? <3

 

 

As I was driving, I was also taking glances at Yunho on the car's rear view mirror. He doesn't really have to cover his eyes with his hand; does he not trust that I'm a good driver?

"Stop covering your eyes. Are you scared of cars or are you just bored?" I uttered.

"I'm bored."

"Then play." What the heck am I suggesting? 

"I don't feel like playing."

"Play with Yoochun's toothbrush."

"Yoochun's toothbrush isn't a toy," he looked at me with an unbelievable look. I can't even - gah - I can't concentrate on driving.

"Don't look at me like that if you don't want us to get into a car accident." I said, "And will you please watch the map minute by minute?"

He sighed and looked out the window. "Do you like Yoochun?" On spur of moment, he asked. 

"Why do you care? Whoa, my suitor is jealous, isn't he?" I mocked.

"Jae..."

"Are you really jealous?"

"Do you like him more than a friend?"

"Best friends?"

"More than best friends."

"Brothers?"

"More than brothers?"

"Uh-" I shook my head. Why is he asking too much about Yoochun? I'm even running out of things to say. "Mega best brothers’ friends?" I joked.

"What the heck." I caught him smiling by the rear view mirror.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked. 

"Just... Just because."

"That's a weird reason."

Well, anyway, he fell asleep shortly. How can he just sleep when I'm still driving? Isn't he my suitor? Oh man, a suitor should wait for the person he's courting to sleep before he goes to sleep first. He's no fun at all.

Or maybe he's just sick being in the car for hours now. That Siwon sure is an expert to have prepared enough gas for us. Looks like the province we're going to is nowhere and not really popular. Are they competing with the province basketball players?

"Aish, this is so boring. If it gets dark, this place will really be horror in my eyes." I blinked and gulped. Yes, there was nothing around. No other cars, no walking people. Just beautiful trees and beautiful road.

"We should hurry before it gets dark." Yunho yawned.

"Oh did I wake you?"

"Obviously."

"It's been almost four hours and we're not running out of gas yet."

"That's good."

"We don't have any more extra gas though. We ran out of gas while you were asleep."

"That's --- bad."

Then there were two roads.

"Yunho, go look at the map." I told him.

"Mm." He looked at the map, then back at the two roads. "It's the same. We can go either left or right. It says here. But-" He looked at the map again. "There's a shortcut which is left." 

Shortcut?

Wait- if we go on with the shortcut- we will get there early. Then I won't have enough time with Yunho anymore. I need to make up an excuse!

I opened my mouth - Oh no, Yunho might think I am really following him if I say we go right. Still, I didn't plan this on the first place. Yoochun really asked for his Mickey Mouse toothbrush. 

"Wait, Yoochun-ah! You're leaving?" I called Yoochun before he gets on the van with his teammates.

"Didn't I tell you last night?" He smiled and ruffled my hair. "Take care of Changmin and Junsu okay?"

"Why would I take care of them? It's not they're still children." I pouted. "B-But, is Yunho coming too?"

"I- I guess so."

"Don't go, Yoochun-ah."

"Huh? Why?"

"Well... You know how much I hate Yunho right? I don't want him to get near you at all."

"I should be telling you that. Don't get near him." He chuckled. "I'm going now."

"Wait- didn't you forget anything?"

"No. I prepared everything last night."

"Yoochun hyung!" Junsu ran beside him, panting. "Why didn't you tell me you're leaving?"

"Well," Yoochun looked frazzled. I still remember what Yoochun told me, he had been rude on Junsu. He was planning on saying sorry today, but in the end, it looks like he's not going to say sorry for whatever he did or says to Junsu. "I thought I should let Jaejoong tell you guys." Yoochun said, and a look of disappointment was seen on Junsu's face. 

"Really...?" Junsu smiled. "Well then, take care hyung. Good luck on the game. Make sure to brush your teeth, you always forget your toothbrush every time you go away. Remember?" Junsu laughed.

Yoochun blinked. "My toothbrush..." Junsu stopped laughing. "You still remember that, Junsu?"

"Of course. Hyung, did you forget your toothbrush again?"

I didn't mind feeling out of place really. (o3o)

Yoochun checked his bag, he keeps on saying: "I'm sure I brought it."

"It would be disgusting if you forgot your toothbrush you know." I said while crossing my arms. I still couldn't make up a plan on how to make him bring me there. Not like I really want to go to see Yunho, but class is really boring. I won’t fail if I miss a few days of class right? Besides, I still want to have some quality time with Yunho. This is so embarrassing to admit.

"I-I left my toothbrush," Yoochun mumbled. I smiled from ear-to-ear. But so did Junsu, till he burst out laughing. 

Yoochun scratched the back of his head and laughed. "My bad, I tend to really forget about my toothbrush like the old times. Maybe I should just borrow toothbrush from my teammates."

"No!" I shouted.

"W-Why not?"

"G-germs?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Jae-hyung is right." Junsu agreed.

"Then I'll buy one."

"Hyung, how about I get your toothbrush and bring it there before night falls?" Junsu suggested. "You know it’s better to use your own toothbrush than using others or buying a new one. Isn't your favorite toothbrush Mickey mouse? There's no mickey mouse-" Yoochun covered Junsu's mouth with a blush.

"Shhh. They might hear," Yoochun looked at me then pulled his hand away. "Junsu-ah, you really don't need to."

"I want to." Junsu said happily.

When Yoochun went away with his teammates, I realized that Yunho wasn't there yet. And their leader, Siwon, is still bonding with Aya. Yunho's late, so all I have to do is wait for him. I had one bad idea but I couldn't help myself but say it out.

"Junsu." I called Junsu before he leaves.

"Yes, hyung?"

"Do you mind...if I bring Yoochun's toothbrush instead?" Stupid, what a stupid idea Jae. I was angry at myself, but I wanted to see him so badly. I wanted to be with him so badly - I mean, not Yoochun or his toothbrush... I mean Yunho. If he goes, I go. Junsu's melancholy voice broke my heart.

"Why? I would like to be the one to bring it to him..." Junsu said.

I was stunned for a while. "Ahh," I snorted. "Of course. Of course."

"But if you really want to, then why not? Hyung, go." Junsu smiled and pat my shoulder. "I'll just go find Changmin." He left. 

I feel bad for Junsu, but it’s not like he likes Yoochun or anything. Phew. Clearing my throat I said, "Let's go right."

"Why right? If we go left, we'll get there on time and not run out of gas." Yunho demanded.

"I don't trust shortcuts." I just said. "You know there was one day when I went to a shortcut and then I figured out that it was fake and then I got lost all on my alone. Boy that was a very traumatic day!" I drove on to the right. "Besides, right is always right. We'll get there on time."

"Okay then, you said it." He threw the map at the back seat.

"By the way, you said last night that you're hurt. What exactly happened? Did someone hurt you, Yunho? You don't have a phone, or your wallet. Did the man who took that from you hurt you?" I asked remarkably.

"No. I was asleep when I suddenly woke up without my wallet and phone. I wasn't hurt physically, but..." He bit his lip. "When I saw you crying, my heart hurt."

Eeeek. There's my mind spazzing. 

"Jae, do you feel awkward with me?" He asked.

"Who wouldn't?" I answered, hiding my true "spaz" feelings inside of me.

"When I left, didn't you really read the letter I gave you?"

"Whatever you wrote there, why don't you uh, say that again? Because honestly, I received nothing! I mean it! No email, no calls, no text messages, no goodbye hug. You just left magically! Now tell me, what did you write in there? Goodbye? I'm sorry? Seriously, I don't even have any plan on looking for that letter. Where did you leave it anyway? Outside the door? Then it probably flew away!"

Because it's true! I received nothing from him. "You know what my mother told me when I was asking her if you talked to her before leaving or if you left anything for me. She just said 'dream on'. How annoying. If you left a letter for me, you could've given it to me personally. Listening to my mother saying the same words is annoying." I sighed deeply. "I can't believe I'm saying these-" I shut up when I heard a loud thunder. Yunho was surprised as well, and I stopped the car. It was raining.

"W-What time is it?" I asked and looked at my watch. "It's already 5:30 p.m." I answered my own question, feeling devastated after the thunder. I started the engine again, and...

"No more gas." Yunho muttered.

"What do you mean? We're stuck here?"

"Something like that..."

"Well, that sounds like a good idea but being stuck in a haunted province with rain and thunder and lightning and scary trees and the early moon up the sky. That is not a good idea at all. We should look for somewhere to stay."

"Calm down," Yunho held my hand. "Do you have a phone?"

I nodded and checked my phone. "Don't ask me anymore. There's no signal here."

Yunho took my phone, waving it everywhere just in case there will be a signal. "It's no use," he said and gave me back my phone. "Told ya," I murmured.

"We have no choice. We wait for the rain to stop. Let's play. Is there something we can play with here?" He looked around the car just in case Siwon have something but looks like its empty.

"I have snake and ladders in my bag," I hastily took the snake and ladders board game out from my bag and moved at the back seat placing the board game accurately. I smiled widely. "Yunho-ah, come on!" I grabbed his wrist, making him sit on the back seat with me. We were now facing each other; I tried my best to act natural without awkwardness.

Like the old times.

We played like forever, though it took only just thirty minutes before we were both distracted. Well, he got distracted first. Then I noticed that, so I got distracted too. I can't believe I can't get myself to be mean towards him right now when I want to. Maybe I was wrong too; Yunho didn't leave without anything for me. He left me a letter, and I was just not able to read or see it. Yunho's not a bad friend, and... Maybe there's still a chance for us two. If I give it a chance... If I stop being a bipolar when I'm with him. If I stop thinking about useless revenge.

On that rainy night, I disregarded the thunder as I could not take my eyes off of Yunho. Just all of a sudden, he moved closer to me. He kissed me...

His lips really met mine for the first time...

For a moment, I felt...frosted. Until he pulled away, shaking his head. He whispered, "I-I'm sorry, Jae." I didn't realize what words I said to him after that, but I wasn't really myself. I was too dismayed. Yunho proceeded outside, closing the door before staying outside on a rainy evening, drenching himself.

So I never forgot about him, the feelings I had for him. I tried, but Yunho's like superman who magically appears out of nowhere, making my heart flutter again and again. He's like a thief, stealing a kiss from me all of a sudden, making my heart race like in a marathon. In the end, I'm the one falling in love more and more over him. In the end, I'm the loser who can't bear on hurting him more. In the end, I still love him. Because it's him. He's still the Jung Yunho I know.

"Y-Yun...ho..."

I was...scared.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Hi guys! Yes, another update from me ^o^ I'm sorry but I feel like talking lol

How was this chapter with Yunho and Jaejoong on the same car? OTL

Oh look they really were on the same car! orz

So in this chapter, it showed how Jaejoong ended up with Yoochun's toothbrush~

and he obviously hurt Junsu~ just not so obvious

forgive Jaejoong for doing that to Yoosu couple

he obviously intended on following Yunho too >.<

I mean omji I miss Yunjae for real! ene

But omji they kissed, and Jaejoong said something OTL didn't show what he said though but now

our Yunho is on the rain T_T And Jaejoong is just weird, he's a bipolar oh pls forgive him here XD

EHMERGERD Don't forget to leave a comment <3

Watch out for the next chapter! The next chapter will beeee...

Something you don't expect it to be. (or maybe not)