Yunho accident, Jaejoong worries

Chasing Pavements (discontinued- so sorry!)

Jaejoong

 

...

 

"MY ICE CREAM!!!"

 

 

I woke up the next morning after hearing a very very familiar sound.

That scary, weird hissing sound.

I rubbed my eyes and sat on my bed, "That sound." Then I saw it undoubtedly, on my nose. I shrieked, "Kyaaaaaaaaaaa cockroach! Mom!!! Mom!!!"

Well cockroaches can be a very good alarm clock, for me. Not just good, but the perfect alarm!

I went to shower after asking my mom to kill the cockroach, hoping that the cockroach won’t come flying inside the bathroom and join me shower. That can happen; it happened a lot of times to me before.

Yesterday, I really had a bad night. First, I had an argue with Changmin. I went to his house with Yoochun to say sorry and brought a pasta for him, it worked. We're friends again and Changmin apologized for saying that I wasn't the Jaejoong he knew at all. Changmin is a good friend, and he's very forgiving. So, my mood lightened up again especially when Yoochun bought ice cream for me.

"Now I need to go to Junsu and apologize to him for being rude." Yoochun said while driving.

"What did you do?"

"Well, this and that."

"Ya. Don't be a cliffhanger! What did you tell him that made you think you were rude?"

"Because... Just because."

"Ya! I said don't be a cliffhanger!"

"Why?" He chuckled.

"Because...Just because." I replied, copying his answer earlier. We stared at each other. "Fine, don't tell me. You're not my best friend anymore." Yoochun smiled. 

"Please understand me, Jaejoong-ah."

If he says so.

But Yoochun being rude to Junsu? I wonder why. I really don't know what he's talking about, what topic would the two be arguing about?

"Okay. End of discussion," I said and that was the time when Yunho appeared out of nowhere. Great, the mood-breaker.

And I'm Jaejoong, the mood-swing guy.

After that night, Yoochun dropped me home and I went to sleep right away. That's when I woke up with the cockroach on my nose. Somehow, it reminds of Yunho. They have the same description on my head: The thing/person/animal I dislike the most.

"Yoochun is in the living room waiting for you!" Mom called. I hurried showering and within just a few minutes, I was ready to go visit Changmin. Yoochun and I both decided to visit Changmin after he made four missed calls to both of us in the middle of the night. When we called him, he didn't answer either. Not to mention Yunho, he had been calling me on my dear precious phone early in the morning like ten times but I wasn't able to answer any of it. I was asleep! But then again, I wouldn't answer it even if I was awake.

The very first thing we did when we arrived at Changmin's house was knock on the door and waited patiently. "By the way, did you talk to Junsu?" I asked Yoochun out of the blue. 

"I'm not ready yet." 

"Need help?"

"I don't think so. I'll just say sorry to him tomorrow, when we meet at school."

"Are you sure?"

Changmin's mother opened the door for us. Yoochun no longer replied to my question. "Oh, what brought you here young boys?" The lady asked.

"Is Changmin around? We're worried about him." I said with a smile. "So, we decided to take a visit."

"Hn... I think he's doing fine but he's not his usual self after eating a 10 packs of Hersheys last night." She laughed gleefully and motioned for us to come in as she closes the door behind.

I went straight to the living room with Yoochun, and found Changmin eating popcorn while watching a movie. I looked carefully at the TV screen, Harry Potter and Hermione dancing together. The scene was very familiar to me, but I forgot which part of the Harry Potter series that was. Is this what his mom is talking about? Changmin not being his usual self is him watching Harry Potter? I don't think so... I know Changmin was and is a Harry Potter fan.

"Changmin-ah," I said. "How are you?" He looked at me and stopped eating popcorn. He was wearing such a geeky glasses I've never seen him wear before.

"Omma!" He shouted and put the popcorn bowl on the sofa, "Where's Hermione?"

Now I get it. I pointed at the clueless Yoochun behind me, "Yoochun will be your Hermione today."

"Hermione!" Changmin grinned from ear to ear. "I ship us two!" He said and leaped up on Yoochun into a big bear hug. Shortly, I received a phone call from... Yunho. I sighed, "What does he need now? This is like the 11th time he called me."

"Then you should answer your phone whoever it is-" Yoochun said while struggling to pull away from Changmin's bear hug.

"Okay, I'll be outside. Be back later," I said and answered the phone the moment I proceeded outside the house. "Seriously, what is it that you want to tell me?" I asked, bothered.

"Sir, this is the hospital. Do you know Jung Yunho?" A man asked on the phone. I was stunned right on the spot when I heard a different voice.

"Huh?" I asked, befuddled.

"Sir this is the hospital. We found Jung Yunho's wallet and phone and it seems like your number is the only one in his history. His phonebook is empty. So we called to let you know, we found his body."

I didn't get it.

"His body? Jung Yunho? What, old man do you desire Jung Yunho's body?"

"Eh? No sir." The man replied right away. "This is serious. We found his body in the river; it looks like he drowned himself. The police confirmed it was suicide. But we would like you to confirm whether this dead man is really Jung Yunho. Are you perhaps his brother sir?"

I was blown away the moment he said "he drowned himself" and "it was suicide".

"Where are you going, Jae?" Yoochun asked me when I got on his car, quickly starting the engine. Yoochun got in before I could leave with his car. "Ya, Jaejoong-ah! What's wrong?"

"Put your seatbelt. We're in a hurry!" I said and quit looking at him. He was silent for a while; he probably put on his seatbelt before he started babbling again.

"Jaejoong-ah, explain to me. Why in the world are you suddenly driving my car in a hurry? Is there something wrong?"

"Yunho is wrong. Dead or alive, I have to see." That's all I said that made him fell silent, or maybe it was the tears of mine falling on my pale cheeks. "He just can't be dead." I muttered.

Upon arriving at the hospital, I went to the counter to ask for Jung Yunho. A nurse then had my attention when she said, "You're looking for Jung Yunho? He's in the morgue, room 77, third floor." My heart almost sank, but I was lucky to have Yoochun by my side when I was about to collapse. I need to be strong! I thought as I ran up the stairs to the third room. I was annoyed at the many people pushing and pulling each other in and out of the elevator, why wait there when I can go upstairs with my own foot?

When we arrived in front of the morgue, I started tearing up again. A doctor came himself and gave me Yunho's phone and wallet. The only thing that made me confirm it was his was because of his name on a card and my old picture when I was younger inside his wallet; my name behind the picture was also there. I swore to God, if I see his dead body, I might be forever ill and forever have nightmares about Yunho.

After having a moment, I opened the door to the morgue as one of the doctor's assistant led me to Yunho's body covered with a white hospital blanket. I gulped, shut my eyes down and grabbed the blanket down. "Yunho!!!" I managed to shout with my eyes covered with my other hand.

I opened my eyes slowly, and removed my own hand. I looked at the corpse on the bed. 

I...

I...

I wanted to...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I really wanted to vomit.

I felt like my knees were getting heavy, I couldn't stand up really straight anymore.

I wanted to say something, but words won't come out of my mouth. Yoochun said the words for me instead, "It's not him." He said gradually. As I covered the corpse with the blanket, Yoochun grabbed my cold hands and smiled. "Don't worry; I'm sure he's okay." I sighed with relief.

"Y-Yoochun, can we go find him? Please?"

"Sure."

Yoochun and I looked everywhere for Yunho. We went to Yunho's condominium, Yunho's mother's house, Siwon's house and even the school. We gave up halfway, and the music on the radio of Yoochun's car changed. "That song is really favoring my mood," I said, trying to hold in but my tears continue to flow. Yoochun was about to turn it off but I grabbed his hand, "Let's just continue. He must be walking somewhere. If not, let's ask the police to look for him." I said.

"Let's turn off the radio at least first before continuing."

"No. It'd be boring. I like this station." I said with a smile, Yoochun wiped my tears and told me to be strong. I bet he's annoyed of me for being such a weirdo like this, but I couldn't help it either. Yoochun continued driving as I stare outside the car with tired eyes. We've been searching for Yunho everywhere already; I want to see him right away. I want to ask him a lot of questions, can't he show himself already?

But... Where is he?

What exactly happened to him?

I am worried to death already, my heart is burning.

I was already not in the mood and the traffic made my mood go worse than it already was. But I can't really do anything with the traffic, I'm just a human being stuck in a traffic. So my eyes roamed around again, and there I found a man sleeping on a bleacher in a park near the alley. My eyes widened in surprise, as I thought this man wasn't just a stranger.

I hastily stormed out of the car to come check if that man was really Jung Yunho.

 

I was heavily frustrated that when I got there, the man was no longer there.

"W-Where did that man go...? I clearly saw him." I blinked.

"Jaejoong-ah, maybe we should get you home. You're hallucinating." Yoochun said behind me.