Watched

Love after Marriage

 

Silence filled the kitchen as they ate their breakfast. MyungSoo’s father couldn’t help but notice the new shiny ring on MyungSoo’s finger. He kept his eyes on it the whole morning. He look like he wanted to ask the two some questions but he always backed away before he started. MyungSoo could tell he was looking at the ring and hid his hand under the table. Ena saw him and chuckles to herself. Yesterday he acted all weird running around telling strangers about their ring and today he didn’t even want his family to see it. Ena thought it was…cute.

“I better get going.” MyungSoo stood up and left.

“So…” Mr.Kim cleared his throat. “New couple ring huh?”

Ena looked at her ring and the couple ring on her ring finger. “Yes, I thought since he’s making me wear one he should get one too.”

Mr. Kim laughs. “I heard about the big scene you two made the other day at my party. How he slipped that ring onto your finger and the two of you dramatically left.”

Ena lightly bows. “I apologize, it won’t happen again.”

Mr. Kim smirks. “It’s okay, I haven’t seen MyungSoo like this before so it was good to see he actually has feelings.” Mr. Kim wipes his lips and stood. “I’ll take my leave now.”

Ena stood up and accompany him to the door. “MyungSoo told me it’s your anniversary today. Abeoji…you should get off early. Maybe go surprise Umeoni at her studio.”

Mr. Kim shook his head. “We’re old already, there’s no point in doing those things. We know we love each other, how else would you explain us living together for so long?”

“But it’s your special night.” Ena pouts.

Mr. Kim laughs at Ena’s pout. “I knew I should have had a daughter instead of that MyungSoo brat.” He nodded his head. “I’ll see how things goes today. Maybe I will make a surprise visit to the studio.”

“Abeoji” Ena yells after Mr. Kim. “Don’t forget the flowers!”

Mr. Kim nod and waved to Ena before getting in his car.

Mrs. Kim made her way over to the kitchen. “Have your father left yet?”

Ena smiles and joined her at the kitchen. “He just left. Happy anniversary.”

“Ughh please don’t remind me. I don’t want to be reminded of how old I’m getting.”

Ena laughs. “Aren’t you happy you lasted this long though?”

Mrs. Kim thought about it. “I have to run or I’ll be late Ena. See you later.” Mrs. Kim left with her coffee in her hands.

 

----

 

“I wonder where my parents are?” MyungSoo looks at Ena who was sitting on the bed, the clock then out the window with JooEun.

“I wonder if he is going through with it?” Ena quietly asks herself.

“What?” MyungSoo carried JooEun away from the window and to Ena.

“Nothing” Ena took JooEun and sat her next to her. “You should go take a shower.” Ena suggested.

“I will.” MyungSoo look at the clock one last time before going in to the bathroom.

 

Ena took out her phone and called Mr. Kim but he didn’t pick up. JooEun started pulling on Ena’s shirt to stand on the bed. Ena help her stand on the bed and kiss her chubby cheek.

 

“Grandpa is going to go surprise grandma to night. I wonder if he remember the flowers?” Ena asks JooEun, who wasn’t paying attention.

 

JooEun reached for Ena’s cell and started slobbering all over it. “ASJOIUDSLKMD” She started baby talking and laughing.

“What are you talking about?” Ena playfully asks.

JooEun sat back down with the phone and started eating it. “asmkmsdfk ahhhhhhhwahwahwahwah”

“Eww don’t eat my phone honey.” Ena took the phone away and JooEun started crying. “I’m sorry but you can’t eat it.” Ena picked her up and went into the nursery to try and put her to sleep.

 

After feeding JooEun she was knocked out. Ena felt her cell vibrate and walk to her bed to look at it.

 

“From Steve? The driver?” Ena was confused. She opens the text. “Are these beautiful?” A picture of Mr. Kim holding a big rose bouquet was attached to the text. Ena smiled.

 

MyungSoo came out of the shower and saw only Ena sitting on the bed. He sat on his side of the bed and look over her shoulders. He was trying to see what she was doing or who she was texting.

 

“Boyfriend?” MyungSoo asks.

“He’s too old to be my boyfriend. If only I was older.” Ena reply.

“Who is it?” MyungSoo tries to snatch the phone from Ena but she doge him and roll off the bed with her cell.

“None of your business.” Ena stuck her tongue at him.

“What did I do?” MyungSoo asks sadden. “Why are you cheating on me?”

Ena looks at him and laughs. “Would you like to see the man that I am admiring?” Ena stood up and got on the bed again to show MyungSoo the picture.

“My dad?” MyungSoo hits Ena on the forehead.

“Isn’t he cute?” Ena starts laughing.

“This…you’re just playing with me right?”

“Am I?” Ena question him.

“Yah this isn’t funny. How can you do this to our family?”

Ena hit’s his chest. “Yah, are you serious?” Ena couldn’t tell if he was just playing or if he really thought she had a crush on his father.

“I can’t-” Ena leans over and kiss him before he got to finish.

She pulls back. “MyungSoo?” Ena calls his name with her eyes close.

“Hm?” He answers back with his eyes close too.

“You’re a babo.”

“As long as I’m your babo, I’m okay with it.”

 

Ena smiles and let him kiss her again and again. The third time his lips didn’t let go he kept kissing her as if his life depended on it. His arms shamelessly wrap around her lower back closing the space that separated them bring them closer, closer and then against each other. Ena pulls back to catch her breath with her eyes closed, afraid that if she opens them it would only be a dream.

 

“I…I love you.” MyungSoo hesitated. He also with his eyes closed with the same fear as her.

“What?” Ena softly spoke opening her eyes to see him there with his eyes closed.

“I..I said…” MyungSoo opens his eyes to find her looking at him. He thought he would hesitate but as soon as he saw her he wanted to say it to her over and over again. “Saranghae”

 

Ena smile and felt herself blush. She threw her arms around his neck and attacks him with kisses. MyungSoo fell backwards onto the bed and kiss her back. He didn’t need a reply from her he already knew she love him just as much.

 

MyungSoo was just about to roll so Ena will be under him when he heard JooEun cry. Where they being too loud? Ena broke away.

 

“Did she hear us?” Ena asks getting up and running over to JooEun.

“We’re only kissing?” MyungSoo follows.

 

JooEun was up wanting to get out of her crib. Ena picked her up and MyngSoo came behind them. He gave JooEun a kiss on her forehead.

 

“She must have had a bad dream.” MyungSoo pats her head.

“She’s really clinging onto me. Maybe she did.” Ena walks back into their room and sat on the bed. “Maybe she should spend the night here. Our bed is big enough.” Ena put her down and notice JooEun’s cheek. “Why is one of her cheeks so red? As if someone pinched her…” Ena froze.

MyungSoo looks at JooEun and then ran into the nursery. “Who’s here?” MyungSoo opens the storage/closet and search but saw no one. He check the window, it was unlock. MyungSoo ran to their room and check the closet and bathroom. “Who’s here?” MyungSoo took out his cell and called all the workers to get up.

What they didn’t know was when they were a little too into the moment to notice they were being watched.