I'll Protect You

Love after Marriage

 

“Aren’t you going to tell me what happened?” MyungSoo asks standing in the door way of the nursery.

Ena looks over at him and sighs “It was nothing. I was just frighten that’s all.”

MyungSoo frowns at her not believing her. He walks away not wanting to stress or upset her with further questions.

----

Ena looks behind her as she steps into the bathroom to wash up before heading downstairs for breakfast. There was no one but she swears she heard some foot steps behind her. MyungSoo was already downstairs with JooEun so there couldn’t have been anyone there. Ena turns to look at the mirror, her face was bloated and dark circles were starting to form. For weeks now she hasn’t been able to get a good night sleep. She quickly pumps face cleanser onto her palm and wash her face. As she was patting her face dry she thought she saw a shadow in the mirror and panic. She grabs the toilet bowl cleaner and slowly step towards the bed room.

MyungSoo turns around and saw Ena behind him breathing hard with the toilet bowl cleaner in her hands ready to swing it at him. He took a step back and but up his hands surrendering to her.

“Whoa, Ena what are you doing?”

Ena calms down and puts the toilet bowl cleaner down. “S-s-s-sorry, I thought you were an intruder or something.”

MyungSoo grabs the toilet bowl cleaner and walks to the bathroom with Ena following behind. MyungSoo puts the toilet bowl cleaner back and sighs at Ena. He grabs her hand and pulls her towards him. MyungSoo puts the toilet cover down and sat Ena down. He squat down to her with their eyes on the same level.

“What’s going on? And don’t say nothing cause there is something going on that you are not telling me. You’ve been acting weird and scared.”

Ena sighs and close her eyes. She took in a deep breath and then exhale. “I have been watching too many scary movies that’s all.” She opens her eyes and pulled on a smile. “I’m okay.” MyungSoo didn’t believe her excuse “Really” Ena assures him.

“Next time you should wait for me to watch a scary movie. It won’t be as scary if there’s someone else watching too.”

Ena let out a small but kind of cute chuckle and nodded agreeing to his proposal.

----

“Don’t start without me.” MyungSoo whines through the phone.

“I’m not. Hurry home.” Ena impatiently whines back.

“I’m almost there.”

“Okay, I’m hanging up then. Drive safely.”

“I’ll see you in a bit.”

Ena hung up the phone and ran to the bed with snacks and drinks. It was their weekly “movie date” night. MyungSoo’s parents wanted them to spend more time together since they felt MyungSoo and Ena had married too soon without knowing each other. So since they couldn’t go out much because of  MyungSoo’s work schedule and JooEun they had their “dates” in the house.

 The phone rings again and Ena picks up. “Yah are you here yet?” Ena asks thinking it was her husband.

“I’m outside, you have such a beautiful house. Maybe we can live in one of these houses in the future.”

Ena’s heart stop beating and shock waves ran through her body, she started shaking. “YuHan”

“The one and only my love.”

Ena ran to the window and look out her window to see if he was really there. “What do you want?”

YuHan laughs “You, but there’s people in my way…how should I get rid of them huh? Should I start off with…JooEun? Or maybe…MyungSoo? Yeah MyungSoo is a good start I think I see his car pulling in.”

“Where are you? Show yourself!!” Ena screams into the phone. “Don’t you dare touch him YuHan!”

YuHan starts laughing again but louder now. “Don’t worry my love, everything will be over soon and then you and I could be together.”

Ena heard two clicks and the line went dead. She looks at the phone and saw the call had ended. She have to stop him, she can’t let anything happen to MyungSoo. Ena ran to the door and pulls it open. MyungSoo was standing there about to open the door himself.

“Ena…what’s wrong you look like you just saw a ghost.”

Ena grab him and tightly hugs him burring her face in his chest trying not to break down and cry. MyungSoo could feel her body trembling and hug her back.

“What’s wrong?” MyungSoo asks but Ena didn’t answer she just tighten her grip on him. “Did you start the movie without me? Was it too scary?”

MyungSoo pulls away from Ena and saw her phone in her hand. He took it and went through the recent caller list. Just couple of minutes ago there was a private caller.

“Is someone threating you? Who called you Ena?” MyungSoo asks worried.

Ena shook her head and cover her face squatting down. MyungSoo went into the nursery and saw JooEun sleeping peacefully. He ran to the windows and locks them. He came back to Ena and pulls her up.

“It’s okay nothing will happen, I promise I won’t let anything happen to JooEun or you.” MyungSoo tries to calm Ena down. He could still feel her body shaking as he held her again.